Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introducing Audiobus 3.1

Comments

• Thanks guys!

@Dutchee Damn and blast, I heard one other person having Turnado issues on iOS 9. Can't reproduce on my end which makes it hard to find a work around. Will need to contact Sugar Bytes about it I guess.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Love it!!!

YOU SHOULD GET THIS, TRUST ME!!!

Works fantastic with the new AudioBus! <3

• Congrats @Michael ! Long live Audiobus!

• Hmmm, @tja, looks like you are a modal guy after all.😇😈

• edited July 2018

@tja said:
    Love it!!!

YOU SHOULD GET THIS, TRUST ME!!!

Works fantastic with the new AudioBus! <3

What is this exactly?

Scratch that, I see it now!

• Great update!

• yeah, congrats & thx for all your effort, Michael

• Well done Captain.

• Nice update!
    Thanx 🔊👏🏻

• edited July 2018

Haha, I see that a toddler in the house is influencing your creative ourput! :) I remember singing nothing but nursery rhymes while cooking etc. Actually still do! What a drag!

Congrats on the release. Great work.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @supadom said:
    Haha, I see that a toddler in the house is influencing your creative ourput! :) I remember singing nothing but nursery rhymes while cooking etc. Actually still do! What a drag!

Congrats on the release. Great work.

:D

• Congrats and thank you!!! Thankful for all that you do. Just got home from work, gonna check it out now!

• Boom. Finally out of beta. I was about to ask why has it not been released because the beta 3.1 ran smoother than the official 3.0 releases.

• It appears that not only Sugarbytes Cyclop and Turnado won't display but i am having the same issues with Poison-202 and Moog Model-15 and Model-D also not showing up when loading them as Audio Units.

Also the controls of a lot Audio Unit effects freeze up after switching between screens of loaded Instruments and returning to the effect units. Not sure if these are all 10.3.3 issues but i seem to be running into a bunch. I can only use the AU FX again after removing them and reloading.

• @cem_olcay said:
    My new AUv3 MIDI plugin just released today. This is the best timing ever, I can't wait to try it as a MIDI AUv3 Plugin in AB3. BTW, standalon mode supports Audiobus MIDI sender and filter as well :)
    http://keybudapp.com/scalebud

wow that app looks great! i’m totally buying that one

• @Michael said:

@AudioGus said:
    Oh goodness! Multiroute Audio Sounds interesting! Would audio interface input and simultaneous iPad mic input be possible?

Audio interface input plus headset mic input is - but for whatever reason, the iPad's built in speaker and mic don't work!

So currently these are the inputs I have availible with my UCA202 plugged in and a headset mic plugged into the headphone jack...

These are the outputs I have...

Should there be a headphone mic option on inputs?

• Ah, maybe I'm wrong about that...I guess it's output only!

• Great job, Michael!

• Thanks!

• I see i am also missing the button above the keyboard to make the Audio Units fullscreen. Having the same AU display issues with the earlier mentioned audio units on both my iPads and my iPhone 6+ all running 10.3.3. The new features sound nice but for now this version of 3.1 is a bit broken for 10.3.3 forcing me to use AUM or Modstep instead which utliizes all my audio units more reliably. Unfortunately i can no longer go back to the previous version of Audiobus :( I hope things get worked out in future updates so AB will also work reliable again on older systems than 11. Thanx!

• Thanks for the report @Dutchee - weird the testers never found this! Sadly I have no iOS 10 devices to try this out, but if you don't mind signing up for testing it'd be great to have you on board! I'll sort this out very soon.

• Great work!

Is this the best forum to discuss Audiobus on or is there a more appropriate one? ;)

• I just checked on my iPad 4 with 10.3.3 and confirm when loading Turnado as AU effect in AB3 the AU window is blank. I’m on the AB beta so let me know what you need. I don’t have Poison but I can check the Moog apps and report back.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Great work!

Is this the best forum to discuss Audiobus on or is there a more appropriate one? ;)

:)

@yowza said:
    I just checked on my iPad 4 with 10.3.3 and confirm when loading Turnado as AU effect in AB3 the AU window is blank. I’m on the AB beta so let me know what you need. I don’t have Poison but I can check the Moog apps and report back.

Thanks for the confirmation! Regretting not having more old devices around now, this is gonna be like flying blind! I've asked @Dutchee for some diagnostic info, we'll take it from there.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very very nice update! Thank You Sir!

• @yowza said:
    I just checked on my iPad 4 with 10.3.3 and confirm when loading Turnado as AU effect in AB3 the AU window is blank. I’m on the AB beta so let me know what you need. I don’t have Poison but I can check the Moog apps and report back.

I know it’s sounds like a silly question but did you reboot after update. Also reinstalling apps in question might help. That’s what I’d do FWIW.

• This is probably going to sound a bit harsh, especially since we urge developers to just release an app rather than work to further refine--but this is the AB3 I was expecting at launch. My workflow is so fast and easy--no muss, no fuss. I find I am using old favorite apps again that are non AU because I can get the MIDI hooked up in a flash. Bravo and congrats on this one!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.