Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introducing Audiobus 3.1

1235»

Comments

• @Michael said:

@eross said:

@Michael said:
    @eross: No, there isn't that kind of functionality in AB and maybe never will be, as I'm not sure I like the added complexity. That said, I'm adding effect apps/AUs to the mixer with dry/wet controls which may do what you propose...

yeah yeah, that would be great, when will that come out?

Probably fairly soon; reckon I'll release that functionality prior to 3.2. Already all-but done here.

How is the MIDI magic in 3.2 coming?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Michael said:

@eross said:

@Michael said:
    @eross: No, there isn't that kind of functionality in AB and maybe never will be, as I'm not sure I like the added complexity. That said, I'm adding effect apps/AUs to the mixer with dry/wet controls which may do what you propose...

Probably fairly soon; reckon I'll release that functionality prior to 3.2. Already all-but done here.

Still working on it =)

• @Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Michael said:

@eross said:

@Michael said:

Still working on it =)

that awesome. i have another quick question. I noticed that when using audiobus in my ipad , and my iphone is on nearby, it shows up in the input slot of my ipad. i tried to open audiobus on both and play the midi keyboard on my phone and have it trigger stuff on the ipad. but nothing worked. what am i missing?

• @eross said:

@Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Michael said:

@eross said:

@Michael said:

Still working on it =)

that awesome. i have another quick question. I noticed that when using audiobus in my ipad , and my iphone is on nearby, it shows up in the input slot of my ipad. i tried to open audiobus on both and play the midi keyboard on my phone and have it trigger stuff on the ipad. but nothing worked. what am i missing?

Nothing! That's a bug I've gotta fix; looks like the network session isn't being connected properly.

• Had fun putting this one together working great.

http://preset.audiob.us/ce2Wk1lgqGmFaTH

• edited September 2018

Had fun putting this one together. No problems with the new mixer at present.

http://preset.audiob.us/ekHaRDeNRQtavhN

• The mixer is coming along nicely in the beta--well done, @Michael. Once MIDI support arrives, AB3 will be an absolute beast! Just perfect for live use...

• Thanks @lukesleepwalker ! Yeah this new stuff is in preparation for the MIDI control, coming imminently.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    The mixer is coming along nicely in the beta--well done, @Michael. Once MIDI support arrives, AB3 will be an absolute beast! Just perfect for live use...

• +
  • @Michael said:
    Thanks @lukesleepwalker ! Yeah this new stuff is in preparation for the MIDI control, coming imminently.

I second Luke here. Audiobus is becoming a mean lean fighting machine!