Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introducing Audiobus 3.1

Comments

• edited July 2018

Update on my iPad 4. I just tried Turnado again in AB3 and the Turnado window is blank in AU. I shut down and restarted the iPad, opened Sunrizer and T in standalone mode first and everything looked good so in AB 3 I put Sunrizer in the Input slot and Turnado (non Midi AU) in the effect slot and when you switch to Turnado the AU window is blank with a grey background. I also tried this setup in AUM on the same iPad and the Turnado AU window opens and looks fine there. I don’t have the iPad 4 setup for email so I can work on getting the diagnostics from that iPad to you but there was no crash per se. I also tried with KQ Dixie in the AB3 Input slot and Turnado in effects and the Turnado AU window is blank there too.

As it turns out I can’t test the Moog apps after all because the iPad 4 is too old and Apple won’t allow them to be installed.

• AB 3.1

• @yowza said:
    Update on my iPad 4. I just tried Turnado again in AB3 and the Turnado window is blank in AU. I shut down and restarted the iPad, opened Sunrizer and T in standalone mode first and everything looked good so in AB 3 I put Sunrizer in the Input slot and Turnado (non Midi AU) in the effect slot and when you switch to Turnado the AU window is blank with a grey background. I also tried this setup in AUM on the same iPad and the Turnado AU window opens and looks fine there. I don’t have the iPad 4 setup for email so I can work on getting the diagnostics from that iPad to you but there was no crash per se. I also tried with KQ Dixie in the AB3 Input slot and Turnado in effects and the Turnado AU window is blank there too.

As it turns out I can’t test the Moog apps after all because the iPad 4 is too old and Apple won’t allow them to be installed.

I cropped the images to make filesize fit this post

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Feature request:
    Preset Save “AS”
    and/or Folder creation for Presets.

I tend to slowly add to my preset and then letter each version so if I overload or just don’t like what I have setup, I can revert to the previous “lettered” Preset.

• iOS 10.3.3 which seems to be where the issue is

• A great update. This is the AB we were waiting for. Congratulations AB team/Michael

• Screenshot from iPad 4 with 10.3.3 using latest AB 3 beta with KQ Dixie and Turnado. This is Turnado’s AU window inside AB3

• Some devs are telling users to update to IOS 11 to enjoy all the latest IOS features in their apps but I guess if you are on older hardware you might not have a choice. :s

• @Michael said:
    Thanks for the report @Dutchee - weird the testers never found this! Sadly I have no iOS 10 devices to try this out, but if you don't mind signing up for testing it'd be great to have you on board! I'll sort this out very soon.

Thanks Michael. I have sent you a PM with my email so i can help you test it.

• @yowza said:

Screenshot from iPad 4 with 10.3.3 using latest AB 3 beta with KQ Dixie and Turnado. This is Turnado’s AU window inside AB3

10.3.3 is indeed where the issue is. I am seeing the same thing as you when reproducing the same steps you took. And i also see this with other synths as mentioned before. I already sent Michael and email with diagnostics of my iPad which can run the Moog synths for testing. Hopefully i will be added to the beta list soon so i can he,p with testing and hopefully solving this issue.

I wish i could update to 11, but for now i am stuck with 10.3.3

• Congratulations!
    This thing is awesome so far. Still trying to find all the new goodies.
    Maybe I should just check some release notes, but poking around is quite fun.
    Rock solid as well. Great job Beta Testers!
    A big THANK YOU for @Michael <3

• Congrats on the release, and many thanks for all of your efforts.

• Hi nice work thanks
    But
    Ipad 2 mini os 11.3.1
    When running au3 unit the top right jump back to abus button not working
    It just flashes up the abus gui for a split second then au3 unit is displayed again
    Sorry to complain but thought i should mention it so you can squash it
    Thanks again thou

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited July 2018

@Michael thanks so much for this great release! I love, love, love AB3 and have been hoping for AUv3 midi support. I love that the app list shows which apps have state saving too!

I have a few bugs to report. Is this the place to do it, or should I post separately on the support and feedback category?

There’s a chance that these are MidiFlow filter bugs, not AB3 bugs from what I’ve seen so far.

• Thank you @Michael !!! 🍻

• Super rad !!!! Thank you for this new stuff !

• Thanks, all! It's great to hear that you like it! Big relief on my side to have 3.1 out too.

@wim, everyone: best to email all issues to me directly ([email protected] or Get Support in-app). Much easier for me to track and manage. Thanks!

• @Michael said:
    Thanks, all! It's great to hear that you like it! Big relief on my side to have 3.1 out too.

@wim, everyone: best to email all issues to me directly ([email protected] or Get Support in-app). Much easier for me to track and manage. Thanks!

Thanks - sent ‘ya a couple. Not urgent.
    -cheers

• Got 'em, thanks!

• Ok, so I finally upgraded from AB2 to AB3.1. Now to find out what I've been missing all this time! (also updated to 11.4.1)

• Big update :)
    Hopefully AB3 will also support AU parameter tweaking for AU apps that don’t support midi learn ;)

• It will! 3.2

• edited July 2018

@Michael said:
    It will! 3.2

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• One thing I've now discovered is that I have far less AU apps than I thought, only three of them out of a whole bunch. IAA and simple AB are more than sufficient for my needs at this point. Really happy with the purchase, might consider AB remote next also.

• Hey! If you have any apps with virtual midi ports running the ports now show as an output option on the midi tab!! No need for a 3rd party app to get AB3 midi out!

(There’s another surprise output destination on the output tab, but it doesn’t appear to work yet. When it does it’ll be even more awesomer.)

• edited July 2018

Yep :smiley: I don't advertise that one cos I'd prefer developers just implement IAA or Audiobus MIDI, but it's there now for those laggerdly apps!

I'll be looking into that other thing shortly, cos that should work (@wim's talking about network MIDI).

• Oh, and thanks for the Audiobus bundle – worked out cheaper because I already bought Audiobus 2.

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

Oh man, AB3 is sooo good now! I finally feel like I can get back into using my non-AU apps again. I’d forgotten just how wonderful the app switcher and global transport can be.

I’m loving putting Cubasis in as a midi receiver to record midi from jams. Not the portable AU midi recorder / player app I’m hoping someone develops, but it gets the job done.

If only we could get everyone on board with state saving. All those wonderful Korg apps are getting harder and harder to pull out, knowing that I have to keep notes and do the preset dance every time to get back to where I left off.

(BTW, a session notepad for keeping text notes about a saved session would be a great little enhancement.)