Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music Movies and Documentaries

Comments

• Mistaken For Strangers is a truly great film.

• The Winding Stream, a documentary about the Carter Family, is on Netflix. It is a vey good, historically relevant documentary.

• @CracklePot said:

That was awesome.
    This is a fun little video to watch at the end of that. That then this

• Touch The Sound

• We Call It Techno! (German - English subtitles)

• No Direction Home ... obviously?

Running Down A Dream - I'm not a huge Tom Petty fan but that thing is so well made.

The Future Is Unwritten.

The Decline Of Western Civilisation.

Living In The Material World

Anvil

20,000 Days On Earth

Standing In The Shadows

The BBC's ***** (Blues, Synth, etc) Britannia series are also worth a look.

An oldie but goodie is the Beeb's Rock Family Trees series, a bit outdated now but fun.

• I enjoyed Score a lot. Also that 808 movie.

• @Tarekith said:
    Searching for Sugarman

>

That is fantastic. At various turns, informative, funny, heartbreaking and feel good. I’d never heard of Rodriguez before viewing, now it is a true story movie that I would recommend to everyone.

Also, for anyone who wants a candid snapshot of how life in a successful British band of the 70’s often was, then ‘Slade in Flame’ is well worth watching. Slade aren’t bad at acting alternate versions of themselves, in a band that might’ve been. Very honest and accurate story, too.

• @mrufino1 said:
    40 Feet From Stardom

>

About the life of Darleen Love, who featured on so many of the great Phil Spector tracks, while others got the credit, this a an eye-opening and fascinating take, loaded with iconic music.

• Don't Look Back

• Cadillac man.
    A very good film about chess records.

• edited February 2018

A good documentary about the origins of hip-hop from Dutch television (English subs) from 1986. It blew me away when it was broadcasted at that time... They interviewed Grand Master Flash, LL Cool J, Run DMC etc.

“Big Fun In The Big Town”, over het onstaan van Hip Hop in New York. VPRO 1986. from Deen van der Zaken on Vimeo.

• Danny Says
    Year Of The Horse

• I love and will watch pretty much any music documentary. Some great ones mentioned here already (Dig was one I would mention. Also the Tom Petty one on Netflix - I'm not a huge fan yet I watched the whole 4 hours and loved it).

Some others:

Mr.Dynamite James Bown is really great. One of the best music docs I've seen in the past year or two.

David Bowie 5 years - the 1st series about his 70s/80s period. There's also a 2nd one about the end of his career but I didn't enjoy that one.

The Pearl Jam doc by Cameron Crowe

Oh hell - even the doc about the replacement singer for Journey was ok too!

And a documentary about Canadian metal singer Thor (on Netflix) was awesome too. He was on the path to getting big - I think Gene Simmons was interested in signing him or something - but had some bad luck along the way.

The Oasis doc Supersonic I think it's called is pretty good too

• I was trying to find a link to Beautiful Noise, but no luck. Still, I recommend, it was pretty good if you like the type of music it covers.

• How could I forget "Anvil: the Story of Anvil"? Also, heavy metal in Baghdad is fantastic if you can find that one. I never complain about the load in to any gig since I've seen that.

• There’s a good one about Quiet Riot too that I really enjoyed. Not at all a fan of that style of music, but to see what they go through to keep doing it to this day was pretty sobering.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Daft Punk - Unchained. Another good one.

• Standing in the Shadows of Motown is excellent as are so many of these. Great thread.