Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music Movies and Documentaries

Comments

• @Zetagy said:

You gotta wait for it. ( spoiler alert) Radiation and chemical fumes from these synthesizers!

• Not sure when this was first aired but thanks - though haven’t watched it all yet. I moved to London in 1984 from rural north of England. What a time! House music was the soundtrack to a mad few years.

@gusgranite said:

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Tarekith said:
    Searching for Sugarman

>

That is fantastic. At various turns, informative, funny, heartbreaking and feel good. I’d never heard of Rodriguez before viewing, now it is a true story movie that I would recommend to everyone.

Also, for anyone who wants a candid snapshot of how life in a successful British band of the 70’s often was, then ‘Slade in Flame’ is well worth watching. Slade aren’t bad at acting alternate versions of themselves, in a band that might’ve been. Very honest and accurate story, too.

Agree. Both are top.

Also see -

Muscle Shoals (about famous studio)
    20ft From Stardom (about Darleen Love and other backing singers)
    The Rutles (best Beatle parody)

• I dream of Wires - Documentary

• I didn't read through the whole list... but here are mine:

Straight no Chaser - Thelonius Monk Doc by Clint Eastwood, my favorite jazz doc of all time...

Rockers - Early 70's Jamaican classic with Burning Spear, Sly and Robbie, Gregory issacs, and many others - brilliant time capsule worth watching until you know every single line!! Recently popped up on Netflix I think...

• @scottsunn said:
    Rockers - Early 70's Jamaican classic with Burning Spear, Sly and Robbie, Gregory issacs, and many others - brilliant time capsule worth watching until you know every single line!! Recently popped up on Netflix I think...

Can't say I remember every line of Rockers (yet), but I do remember this one..

"Remove Ya."

• edited August 2019

@ajmiller said:
    Not sure when this was first aired but thanks - though haven’t watched it all yet. I moved to London in 1984 from rural north of England. What a time! House music was the soundtrack to a mad few years.

Some interesting raw footage on this playlist here...

• This thread is a goldmine, thanks to all for the links and recommendations 👍

• Mandy Parnell talks about Aphex Twin, Bjork, Mastering for Streaming and Emotion in Music

• David Rodigan’s Reggae Fever

• edited August 2019

@ajmiller said:
    Not sure when this was first aired but thanks - though haven’t watched it all yet. I moved to London in 1984 from rural north of England. What a time! House music was the soundtrack to a mad few years.

@gusgranite said:

This is excellent, really brightened up my evening. Thanks @gusgranite for sharing!!!

• @SealTeamSick said:

@AudioGus said:
    BBC Radiophonic Workshop: The Alchemists Of Sound

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5579ti

My favorite.

Shit that looks awesome!

Just watched this and it was fantastic! Thanks for that link.
    (What was with creepy guy lurking in the background?)

• @kinkujin said:

@SealTeamSick said:

@AudioGus said:

My favorite.

Shit that looks awesome!

Hehe. Yah, I recall looking that up but never did find out.

• edited August 2019

@AudioGus said:

@kinkujin said:

@SealTeamSick said:

@AudioGus said:

My favorite.

Shit that looks awesome!

Hehe. Yah, I recall looking that up but never did find out.

if i remember this tv program rightly.. the ‘creepy’ guys head floating around is Ron Geesin.. allround musical nutter and spannerarium curator.. yes.. he what did the “Body” soundtrack with Roger Waters.. and soundtracker of many of the amateurish geography documentaries we watched in school on 16mm film as a kid..
    i suspect he only agreed to be in the program if he was represented in such a daft way.. :)

• @JeffChasteen said:

@AudioGus said:

My favorite.

Doubleplus!

OK what the hell I just started watching this who the hell is the bearded guy in the background that keeps popping in and out????
    😂😂😂

• @Eye0sStudios said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@AudioGus said:

My favorite.

Doubleplus!

OK what the hell I just started watching this who the hell is the bearded guy in the background that keeps popping in and out????
    😂😂😂

• edited August 2019

Being Frank: The Chris Sievey Story
    Meeting People Is Easy
    The Devil and Daniel Johnston
    Moog
    Punk Britannia
    Dig!
    The Filth and the Fury
    I Dream of Wires
    Eating Sleeping Waiting Playing : AIR
    Above Us Only Sky
    Let It Be
    24 Hour Party People

• Since @AudioGus had broken the rules (police have been called) UK readers might be interested in this soon to be released film. Doesn’t look like it’s getting a wide release.

"What I'm going to do with this instrument is something you've never heard!"

606 Distribution has just released the first official UK trailer for a French indie film titled The Shock of the Future, the feature directorial debut of musician Marc Collin. Collin is best known as the founder, with Olivier Libaux, of the project Nouvelle Vague, and has composed music for a few other films, too. Set in Paris in the late 70s, the film is about a woman named Ana who develops the "sound of the future" - some of the very first electronic music. Featuring the songs of Cerrone, Throbbing Gristle, Suicide, "Collin crafts a heartfelt tribute to the forgotten female electronic musical pioneers such a Delia Derbyshire, Laurie Spiegel and Suzanne Ciani told through the eyes of Ana, played with a ferocious charm by newcomer Alma Jodorowsky." Alma is the granddaughter of Alejandro Jodorowsky, and she has appeared in a few other films before. The cast includes Clara Luciani, Philippe Rebbot, Laurent Papot, as well as Corine.

• I hadn’t seen this before. Some interesting stuff here

• Thanks for sharing that!!! @Beathoven

• Some great choices here; don't think this has been mentioned yet. Apologies if I missed it. ;-)

• If you have Amazon Prime the series ‘Classic Albums’ is on there (here in Canada anyway).

• @AudioGus said:
    If you have Amazon Prime the series ‘Classic Albums’ is on there (here in Canada anyway).

Are they any good? A lot of music documentaries can be disappointing, especially if they don't have the budget to buy the rights to the music.

• edited November 2019

@richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:
    If you have Amazon Prime the series ‘Classic Albums’ is on there (here in Canada anyway).

Are they any good? A lot of music documentaries can be disappointing, especially if they don't have the budget to buy the rights to the music.

Oh these are good. My favourite parts are when they sit down with the band or producer or engineer at the mixing board and start isolating stuff. These are not shit productions.

(These youtube links will die soon but I imagine it will be on Amazon Prime for quite a while.)

I have never watched one (even a band / album I don’t know) and not been completely pumped to make music.

• @AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:

Oh these are good. My favourite parts are when they sit down with the band or producer or engineer at the mixing board and start isolating stuff. These are not shit productions.

(These youtube links will die soon but I imagine it will be on Amazon Prime for quite a while.)

I have never watched one (even a band / album I don’t know) and not been completely pumped to make music.

Cool - thanks! I'll check some of them out.

• Awesome didn’t know those were in Prime. Definitely some of the best documentaries out, they often break out the original master tracks with the artist talking about the sessions.

• @richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:

I've seen a bunch - they're quite good. They often have the producer or maybe a band member sitting at a mixing board talking about the album - and they'll mention or talk about certain parts of a track and then isolate or bring that track up in the mix to reference. Or maybe talk about vocal harmonies in the background and show that. Sometimes it's tracks buried so deep most people don't notice - I love that kinda stuff!