Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music Movies and Documentaries

12345679»

Comments

• T.A.M.I. Show (1964)

T.A.M.I. Show is a 1964 concert film released by American International Pictures. It includes performances by numerous popular rock and roll and R&B musicians from the United States and England. The concert was held at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on October 28 and 29, 1964. Free tickets were distributed to local high school students. The acronym "T.A.M.I." was used inconsistently in the show's publicity to mean both "Teenage Awards Music International" and "Teen Age Music International".

The best footage from the two concert dates was combined into the film, which was released on December 29, 1964. Jan and Dean emceed the event and performed its theme song, "Here They Come (From All Over the World)", written by Los Angeles composers P.F. Sloan and Steve Barri, the song erroneously asserting that the Rolling Stones are from Liverpool. Jack Nitzsche was the show's music director. The film was shot by director Steve Binder and his crew from The Steve Allen Show, using a precursor to high-definition television, called "Electronovision", invented by the self-taught "electronics whiz" Bill Sargent (H.W. Sargent, Jr). The film was the second of a small number of productions that used the system.[2] By capturing more than 800 lines of resolution at 25 frames per second, the video could be converted to film by kinescope recording with sufficiently enhanced resolution to allow big-screen enlargement. It is considered one of the seminal events in the pioneering of music films, and more importantly, the later concept of music video

T.A.M.I. Show is particularly well known for James Brown and the Famous Flames' performance, which features his legendary dance moves and explosive energy. In interviews, Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones has claimed that choosing to follow Brown and the Famous Flames (Bobby Byrd, Bobby Bennett, and Lloyd Stallworth) was the worst mistake of their careers, because no matter how well they performed, they could not top him. In a web-published interview, Binder takes credit for persuading the Stones to follow Brown, and serve as the centerpiece for the grand finale in which all the performers dance together onstage. Motown Records, which by 1964 had experienced its first wave of chart-busting crossover success, was represented by three of its top acts: the Miracles, Marvin Gaye, and the Supremes. The Miracles (Smokey Robinson, Bobby Rogers, Pete Moore, Ronnie White and Marv Tarplin) had, three months earlier, lost the services of their sole female member, Claudette (Mrs. Smokey) Robinson. Claudette, who retired from touring for health reasons, remained as a non-touring member of the Miracles, recording with the group in the studio only. Marvin Gaye, backed by Shindig! favorites the Blossoms, sang several of his greatest hits. The show also featured the Supremes during their reign as the most successful female recording group of the era. The group had three chart-topping singles from July 1964 to December 1964, with the album Where Did Our Love Go reaching number two. Diana Ross went on to work with Binder on several of her television specials, including her first solo television special and her famous Central Park concert, Live from New York Worldwide: For One and for All. Throughout the show, numerous go-go dancers performed in the background or beside the performers, under the direction of choreographer David Winters. Among them were Teri Garr and Toni Basil. According to filmmaker John Landis's DVD commentary for the film's trailer, he and fellow seventh-grade classmate David Cassidy were in the audience for the show.

In 2006, T.A.M.I. Show was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" by the United States Library of Congress and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/aCgWNus5

• "Jeff Beck, Still On The Run" (2018)

"Jeff Beck, Still On The Run" is documentary on the life and musical evolution of Jeff Beck, one of most innovative guitarists in history. The film covers his early days, his tenure with The Yardbirds and The Jeff Beck Group, and his subsequent projects over the decades. Includes interviews with icons such as Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Rod Stewart, Ron Wood, Slash, and Joe Perry.

Full doco: https://pixeldrain.com/u/LdWtmE8A

• @Simon said:
    "The Wrecking Crew" is a 2008 American documentary film directed by Denny Tedesco, son of guitarist Tommy Tedesco. It covers the story of the Los Angeles–based group of session musicians known as the Wrecking Crew, famed for having played on numerous hit recordings throughout the 1960's and early 1970's:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/5PKh1EFm

I liked that documentary quite a bit.

• edited August 2021

@NeuM said:
    I liked that documentary quite a bit.

Yeah - amazing how many hits the Crew played on.

• edited August 2021

"The Sparks Brothers" is a 2021 documentary film directed by Edgar Wright. The film is about Ron and Russell Mael, members of the pop and rock duo Sparks.

The film had its world premiere at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival on January 30, 2021, and was theatrically released in North America on June 18, 2021, by Focus Features.

"The Sparks Brothers" is a musical odyssey through five weird and wonderful decades with Ron and Russell Mael celebrating the inspiring legacy of Sparks.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/pfhrwaJy

• @Simon said:
    "Let's Get Lost" is a 1988 American documentary film about the turbulent life and career of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/2hNmv1dD

Beautiful film

• edited September 2021

"The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir" is a documentary film about Bob Weir, who rose to fame as a guitarist and singer in the rock band the Grateful Dead.

The film was directed by Mike Fleiss. The film features newly conducted interviews with living band members and friends including Bob Weir and his wife Natascha, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, and John Perry Barlow, along with other musicians such as Mike Gordon, Perry Farrell, Lee Ranaldo, Jorma Kaukonen, and Sammy Hagar.

Speaking of the film, Mike stated: "We certainly unearthed a lot of buried treasure from the Grateful Dead archive while making this film," said filmmaker, Mike Fleiss. "With Netflix, we have found the perfect global partner to tell the fascinating life story of Bob Weir set against the backdrop of America's greatest rock band.". Fleiss also stated that: “I wanted to give Bob his moment to shine,” Fleiss says. “I wanted to shine a light on his contributions to culture and rock and roll.”

https://pixeldrain.com/u/UCRBrdqw

• Rick Beato's interview with Pat Metheny is a winner:

• @Coloobar said:
    Peter Gabriel; making of security

This recently popped up in my YouTube feed and am enjoying it immensely. It’s interesting how surprisingly groovy people like Gabriel and Eno can be, with their appreciation of rhythm and the body, while at the same time maintaining an excellent egghead pretentiousness. I love both!

• New documentary about the Beatles, Get Back.

• "Everything - The Real Thing Story" [2019]

Best known for their legendary hits 'You To Me Are Everything', 'Can't Get By Without You' and 'Can You Feel The Force', as well as their ground-breaking 1977 song, 'Children Of The Ghetto', The Real Thing remain Britain's most successful black group of all-time. Pioneers in soul, funk and dance music, the journalist, author and founder of MOJO magazine Paul Du Noyer credits them alongside Deaf School with restoring "Liverpool's musical reputation in the 1970s" with their success.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/VfEwKxn9

• edited August 2022

Tried searching before posting. Seemed like no one posted before... Here's another one.
    The "fossils" of our workflows :lol:
    1986: MIDI and the MUSICAL MICROS | Micro Live | Retro Tech | BBC Archive

• Boy that brought back memories @senhorlampada … I remember the presenters (not the program) well… Lesley Judd in shiny green stuff… excellent…
    Makes you realise how future proof the design of MIDI was when you consider it being used then and now.

• Trainwreck Woodstock’99 on Netflix was pretty good. It’s more about putting on an event then the actual music but interesting.

• edited August 2022

@Poppadocrock said:
    Trainwreck Woodstock’99 on Netflix was pretty good. It’s more about putting on an event then the actual music but interesting.

I love movies about the event itself just as much.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9412098/ is just mindblowing about the Fyre Festival