Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music Movies and Documentaries

Comments

• edited February 2020

The Wrecking Crew

• edited February 2020

Fela Kuti - Music Is The Weapon

• edited February 2020

3 Short docu's (1996) from the Netherlands (mostly interviewed in english) about D&B.

1. Squarepusher.

2. Photek

3. Source Direct

• edited April 2020

This is very good!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    This is very good!

Thanks for the heads up.
    I read the Murch book just a few weeks ago.

• It's All Gone Pete Tong is an absolute classic, must-watch. Hard to describe. Like any movie, the less you know before watching the better. That is related to DJing etc.

I also enjoyed the movie Control, about Ian Curtis, the singer of Joy Division.

• Alex Ball is an authority on all things synth, his channel on YouTube if full of videos on individual synths & drum machines and recently he's been making these long form documentaries that are just incredible. He interviews the family & former employees on this ARP doc, it's real quality work. There's another he made on Roland that's must see too.

Aside from that I recently discovered that pretty much every episode of the excellent Classic Albums series is available on Amazon Prime Video free to watch for Prime members. Just do a search for "classic albums" and there's over 20+ from the Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, The Who, Fleetwood Mac episodes that are pretty well known to some rarer ones I never knew existed on Simply Red, Primal Scream, Frank Zappa and
    Peter Gabriel.

It's worth getting a Prime membership to have all these episodes on demand plus most the music docs they have are available on Prime too.

• @iansainsbury said:
    The Classic Album series is brilliant if you can find it, particularly Steely Dan's Aja. There's a Zappa one in the series I'd LOVE to see but haven't been able to track it down. Anyone found it online anywhere? @Zetagy thanks for those links, I'm going to enjoy those :)

+1000 for this. The Classic Album series is probably my favourite of all music docs. There are many albums featured now, and every single one is absolutely brilliant. It's so inspiring to hear the artists and producers talking together at the mixing desk, isolating tracks and revealing hidden secrets. You won't go wrong here, even with albums you don't know - or artists you've not really considered before.

You should check out podcasts too:
    Sonic Talk
    Song Exploder
    Music Exists

• @JRSIV said:

Alex Ball is an authority on all things synth, his channel on YouTube if full of videos on individual synths & drum machines and recently he's been making these long form documentaries that are just incredible. He interviews the family & former employees on this ARP doc, it's real quality work. There's another he made on Roland that's must see too.

+1

• Thnx for these Alex Ball recommendations. Watching the Roland doc now, very good stuff

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Here’s a timely one.

• @gusgranite - cracking documentary, thanks

• edited October 2020

@Identor said:
    3 Short docu's (1996) from the Netherlands (mostly interviewed in english) about D&B.

Very nce thnx, Tbh I rediscovered DNB again .. smth cool with those illiterate fkers, its pure

• Respect Yourself. Stax Records Story.

• The Man from Mo'Wax about the rise and fall (and kinda rise again) of UNKLE James Lavelle.

• Don't recall seeing this one here, so i'm sharing with y'all