Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Cubasis

12345679»

Comments

• edited December 2023

@Samu : I can tell you right now it’s gonna destroy “FM Essentials”, which is a compromised four operator app. Cubasis 3.6 is full fledged FM.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Samu : I can tell you right now it’s gonna destroy “FM Essentials”, which is a compromised four operator app. Cubasis 3.6 is full fledged FM.

It's not only about the 'operator count'.
    The TX81Z has additional waveforms and different modulation indexes compared to the DX7 so a DX7 can NOT despite it's increased number of operators accurately re-create the sounds a TX81Z is capable of creating :)

• @Gavinski said:

@drconfusion said:

@Luxthor said:
    I discovered today that Cubasis3 is the only DAW I own that plays SWAM instruments flawlessly. Record MPE and automate every SWAM parameter I touch. Still not crashed, frozen, or refusing to play.

I say, good investment for me. 🤩 I will keep Cubasis forever. Also, hats off to the Steinberg team, you saved the day for me. 🫶

How are you accomplishing this?
    I’m using Cubasis 3.5, geoshred pro, & swam cello. I can play a part just fine & Cubasis records the midi, but when I try & playback that recording Geoshred hits me with the error message:
    “presets using the geoswam instruments can be performed from the geoshred keyboard or mpe controllers only.

Specifically, the swam parameter “expression” must be controlled by the mpe channel pressure message.”

Are you playing/recording an independent SWAM instrument using an mpe controller ? (& specifically, which one?)

Thanks!

Geoshred gives that message for Geoswam instruments when you try to send midi notes to them on channel 1. So the workaround is to send the midi notes on any other channels other than channel 1, if I remember right.

I appreciate your willingness to help out. To clarify/confirm - i'm using the GeoSwam instruments, within Geoshred, loaded as an Auv3 instance in a midi track in Cubasis 3.5

I can play & while recording, GeoShred/GeoSwam plays with expression & pitch bend just fine.

But when I play back that midi clip i get that error - if, under Routing, I choose any "all midi inputs" and any channel (1,2,4, 6 etc) or choose any midi channel (1,2 4, 5) for "all midi outputs". This also throws this error when I choose "midi thru" on recording or playback.

I can set up GeoShred/GeoSwam as an instrument & then also load GeoShred as a midi effect to control the 1st GeoShred/GeoSwam - & that midi gets recorded & does not throw the error on playback...but when the expression messages arrive or the pitch bend/glide/vibrato messages occur - GeoShred/GeoSwam sounds terrible, like it's fighting with hundreds of pitch bend messages at once. Similar sounding to when you send a non-mpe device mpe glide data.

I'd LOVE to understand what i'm missing from the GeoShred/GeoSwam & Cubasis 3 mpe workflow to make these guys work together. the best solution I've found so far is to use the apematrix IAA plugin & loop the audio back into cubasis, but that's a lot of work & it's fragile at best.

• @drconfusion said:

@Gavinski said:

@drconfusion said:

@Luxthor said:
    I discovered today that Cubasis3 is the only DAW I own that plays SWAM instruments flawlessly. Record MPE and automate every SWAM parameter I touch. Still not crashed, frozen, or refusing to play.

I say, good investment for me. 🤩 I will keep Cubasis forever. Also, hats off to the Steinberg team, you saved the day for me. 🫶

How are you accomplishing this?
    I’m using Cubasis 3.5, geoshred pro, & swam cello. I can play a part just fine & Cubasis records the midi, but when I try & playback that recording Geoshred hits me with the error message:
    “presets using the geoswam instruments can be performed from the geoshred keyboard or mpe controllers only.

Specifically, the swam parameter “expression” must be controlled by the mpe channel pressure message.”

Are you playing/recording an independent SWAM instrument using an mpe controller ? (& specifically, which one?)

Thanks!

Geoshred gives that message for Geoswam instruments when you try to send midi notes to them on channel 1. So the workaround is to send the midi notes on any other channels other than channel 1, if I remember right.

I appreciate your willingness to help out. To clarify/confirm - i'm using the GeoSwam instruments, within Geoshred, loaded as an Auv3 instance in a midi track in Cubasis 3.5

I can play & while recording, GeoShred/GeoSwam plays with expression & pitch bend just fine.

But when I play back that midi clip i get that error - if, under Routing, I choose any "all midi inputs" and any channel (1,2,4, 6 etc) or choose any midi channel (1,2 4, 5) for "all midi outputs". This also throws this error when I choose "midi thru" on recording or playback.

I can set up GeoShred/GeoSwam as an instrument & then also load GeoShred as a midi effect to control the 1st GeoShred/GeoSwam - & that midi gets recorded & does not throw the error on playback...but when the expression messages arrive or the pitch bend/glide/vibrato messages occur - GeoShred/GeoSwam sounds terrible, like it's fighting with hundreds of pitch bend messages at once. Similar sounding to when you send a non-mpe device mpe glide data.

I'd LOVE to understand what i'm missing from the GeoShred/GeoSwam & Cubasis 3 mpe workflow to make these guys work together. the best solution I've found so far is to use the apematrix IAA plugin & loop the audio back into cubasis, but that's a lot of work & it's fragile at best.

This kind of sounds like the multi-channel MIDI sent out by Geoshred is being mapped to a single channel by Cubasis.

• @tekk said:
    @LFS Please, please, please make it an option to remove the splash screen and jump right into the last project as before. I registered here to write this. When plugins get stuck and the app has to be closed and re-opened it's so inconvenient I've started using LPi. I miss the simplicity of C3, but now the whole workflow feels weird compared to what it was.

Hi @tekk,

Simply make a long tap on the Cubasis app icon and choose "Open Recent Project" to directly get there.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Lars

• @LFS Premier tonight, 17th December 8.00 pm UK time.
    Cubasis 3.6 UPDATE - Pre-Release Demo - Halion Sonic Selection - Neo FM - LoFi Piano - FM Classics

• GO, @thesoundtestroom !!!!!! I’ll be watching , Doug.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @LFS Premier tonight, 17th December 8.00 pm UK time.
    Cubasis 3.6 UPDATE - Pre-Release Demo - Halion Sonic Selection - Neo FM - LoFi Piano - FM Classics

This is gonna be good. :) Can't wait for the video Doug. Also can't wait to get my hands on those IAPs. Cubasis 3 may jolly well become the next DAW I use to build tracks in (or at least attempt to build a track in lol).

• This just posted. I’ll pass on the FM classic but the Neo FM and new Halion bank are KILLER!

• @LFS - Hey Lars.. I’m beyond impressed with the sounds here . Will there be other new features beyond just sounds and also are the Halion sounds for Cubasis multi velocity layered I.e. drums and/or velocity layered keyboard (velocity controlled soft to loud multi-sampled hits?

@LFS Premier tonight, 17th December 8.00 pm UK time.

Multi-windows? 👁️👁️

• Not a single video yet mentioning if we can load our own SYSEX files to FM Classics (Maybe that's a 'desktop only' feature in FM Lab?). How many GBs is the download for the HALion sounds? (2-3GB?).

• @Luxthor No, that’s just my thumb nail to show all four new instruments 😊

@Luxthor No, that’s just my thumb nail to show all four new instruments 😊

I’m on short fuse of expectations here, haha, multi-windows is my wish from day one. Sorry! ;)

• @Samu said:
    Not a single video yet mentioning if we can load our own SYSEX files to FM Classics (Maybe that's a 'desktop only' feature in FM Lab?). How many GBs is the download for the HALion sounds? (2-3GB?).

That’s something FM essentials can do I guess but I can’t imagine that Cubasis 3.6 will let you download the DX7 sys ex . Just my guess

• Looks like a bit of a cash grab this time round. The Neo FM sounds pretty Gnarly mind. Here hoping still for actual DAW additions and improvements.

• Android users will no doubt love the update since they have no other plug-ins...

• @Samu I don't think you can do that Sam, this update is all about the new instruments.

@Samu I don't think you can do that Sam, this update is all about the new instruments.

Yeah, I've understood that...
    ...8 months for this, I think it's time to move on and forget Cubasis ever existed...

• @Luxthor said:
    I’m on short fuse of expectations here, haha, multi-windows is my wish from day one. Sorry! ;)

Oh yes +1
    . Flowting windows is also a huge wish on my list ;-)

• Still no tempo track…

• @Iskander said:
    Still no tempo track…

Well, that is what we say after every release for ages…

• If new functions had been added to Cubasis, I would have gladly bought the new IAPs. But definitely not. I don't understand Steinberg.

Or did they give the authors of today's YouTube videos a different version and surprise us tomorrow? Or are the authors not allowed to reveal more?

• I sure hope Cubasis folder won't balloon in size if we don't buy any add-on.

• edited December 2023

Multi tracking out using different EG Nodes in midi FX slot. This is Rad !

Using each nodes speed control can let you lay down midi in creative ways inside Cubasis 3 and go some way maybe to compensate for a lack of tempo track.

• @ecou said:
    I sure hope Cubasis folder won't balloon in size if we don't buy any add-on.

Don’t worry… the instruments come with its own content downloader...

• @LFS said:

@ecou said:
    I sure hope Cubasis folder won't balloon in size if we don't buy any add-on.

Don’t worry… the instruments come with its own content downloader...

Thank you for a well planed feature 👍

• edited December 2023

@LFS I see we get a dark keys keyboard option now, but I wonder if we get dark piano roll and audio editor to match the dark background option under Setup > UI.

Opening the midi and audio editors with a bright background after working in the dark with an otherwise dark UI is a bit jarring especially to more sensitive eyes.

• Hi all,

Cubasis 3.6 and the new instruments are available.

Please find out more right here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/58836/cubasis-3-6-and-new-instruments-available/p1?new=1

Warm greetings,
    Lars

• I am trying to automate the on /off of Audio Damage Pumphouse auv3. I know some auv3 don't register but the on/off that is a Cubasis thing. Any tips ?