Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Cubasis

Comments

• @ecou said:
    A tempo track now that would set Cubasis apart from all other iOS DAW. Maybe a velocity randomize. How hard can that be to program.

Logic Pro and NanoStudio 2 already have those (that allow you to change tempo speed and time signature) and maybe n-Track also has it...

Cubasis had this on their list for years now, so I highly doubt it will make it in version 3. If they can add it, they will probably save it for version 4, but it almost sounds/feels like it would require a complete rewrite of the app at this point.

Personally I won't be buying any other IAP / update until they add it

• Unless the sampler, midi and audio editing get a major overhaul I’ll most likely be dropping Cubasis for good as my patience with is about to run out…

• So no hardware integration visa vis midi controller mapping (midi learn) for AU parameters ??? That’s all I wanted or cared about

• @Telstar5 said:
    @ecou : One of the FM engines is “classic@ the other is more modern and powerful . “Not your father’s” FM..

What does a modern FM sound like ? Do you have exemple Helion or others synth ?

• @ecou said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @ecou : One of the FM engines is “classic@ the other is more modern and powerful . “Not your father’s” FM..

YouTube Yamaha MontageM

• I have iridium…no need for any kind of FM as it won’t compete with the kernel engine.

• @Telstar5 said:

@ecou said:

@Telstar5 said:

YouTube Yamaha MontageM

Montage M combines 8-op FM, a Rompler and Virtual Analog - with complex motion control of effects...
    I doubt that Halion will sound anything like what the Montage sounds like.

• edited December 2023

@vdk_john said:

@ecou said:
    A tempo track now that would set Cubasis apart from all other iOS DAW. Maybe a velocity randomize. How hard can that be to program.

Logic Pro and NanoStudio 2 already have those (that allow you to change tempo speed and time signature) and maybe n-Track also has it...

Cubasis had this on their list for years now, so I highly doubt it will make it in version 3. If they can add it, they will probably save it for version 4, but it almost sounds/feels like it would require a complete rewrite of the app at this point.

Personally I won't be buying any other IAP / update until they add it

The reason I don’t use it. It is a shame, I’ve been using Cubase since version 1 on Atari.
    No tempo track and no signature tracks makes it useless to me.
    Whatever the app, it seems there is ALWAYS some very basic feature totally missing, like proper sustain pedal support in NS2 (even if the is a cumbersome sorta solution) or no midi velocity graphical drawing in Logic Pro.

• personally not interested in all these new instruments, definitely not as IAP. I’d buy new workflow features, like tempo track, pattern ghosting if they’d offer them, though.

• @zzrwood :Both Montage and MODX have many hundreds of purely fm sounds. YouTube it

• edited December 2023

@god said:
    personally not interested in all these new instruments, definitely not as IAP. I’d buy new workflow features, like tempo track, pattern ghosting if they’d offer them, though.

this^

ridiculous. i would also pay for a few feature updates.
    maybe it's easier to sell already available halion content.

• I love the workflow of Cubasis 3 and it’s also been the last stable by far (now anyway) when it comes to general use and AUv3s. But it’s definitely time for them to start adding these very often requesting features of people will start leaving. I hope they realize this.

I don’t want to leave C3 as the workflow and UI click with me way more than Logic but if all my AUv3s become compatible and stable in Logic I’ll likely switch just for extra things like better sampling, clip launcher, tempo track, mix busses, etc.

Adding instruments this high quality is a good step forward but I’ll be supremely bummed if there are no new feature additions.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @zzrwood :Both Montage and MODX have many hundreds of purely fm sounds. YouTube it

I don’t need to YouTube it - I have one in my studio

My point is that if you listen to someone playing a Montage M on YouTube you are likely to hear something rather different than the new synth in Cubasis…

Perhaps YouTube a DX7?

• @zzrwood said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @zzrwood :Both Montage and MODX have many hundreds of purely fm sounds. YouTube it

My point is that if you listen to someone playing a Montage M on YouTube you are likely to hear something rather different than the new synth in Cubasis…

Perhaps YouTube a DX7?

No, you’re really not since Yamaha owns Steinberg and they’ve been cross pollinating their technologies since the days of the MOTIF (Aros, FM, etc. it’s the same company . The new FM in cubasis 3 will most likely be the 8 operator sort that’s found d in Montage including the use of resonant filters .

• @Samu said:
    Unless the sampler, midi and audio editing get a major overhaul I’ll most likely be dropping Cubasis for good as my patience with is about to run out…

@Samu : What specifically would you like the see there besides a more Cubase like proper sampler track?

• The really 'interesting' question here is whether the FM Classics IAP for Cubasis 3 will offer the same level of edibility as KQ Dixie, Dexed or TeraPro's FM7 or be 'dumbed down' to the level of the Volca FM?

As the FM Classic IAP is one of the 'things' that sparked my interest I've already downloaded a bunch of SYX files for the TX81Z.

But the truth is, the quality of life improvements are what ultimately matter to me...
    So will we get a Sampler Track, a Tempo Track and Improved Audio & Midi editing?

The rest is just 'make up'.

• edited December 2023

@Telstar5 said:

@Samu said:
    Unless the sampler, midi and audio editing get a major overhaul I’ll most likely be dropping Cubasis for good as my patience with is about to run out…

@Samu : What specifically would you like the see there besides a more Cubase like proper sampler track?

Tempo Track, Improved transient based audio-editing (warp markers etc, Elastique 3 already supports this), non-destructive midi and audio quantize (one of the things I really love in Logic). A 'drum machine' that allows user samples (Love the Drum Machine Designer in Logic), AUX busses, Foldable Track Groups to name a few...

...and 'search' for plug-ins and files...

• @Samu said:
    The really 'interesting' question here is whether the FM Classics IAP for Cubasis 3 will offer the same level of edibility as KQ Dixie, Dexed or TeraPro's FM7 or be 'dumbed down' to the level of the Volca FM?

As the FM Classic IAP is one of the 'things' that sparked my interest I've already downloaded a bunch of SYX files for the TX81Z.

But the truth is, the quality of life improvements are what ultimately matter to me...
    So will we get a Sampler Track, a Tempo Track and Improved Audio & Midi editing?

The rest is just 'make up'.

Hoping we get those too Samu. Only a few days before we find out. Fingers crossed 🤞 if not I may switch back to logic until C4…

• Whilst more instruments are ‘nice’ it’s the basic feature enhancements as others have mentioned that are needed, which have been fed back to Steinberg for years.

• @BillS said:
    Whilst more instruments are ‘nice’ it’s the basic feature enhancements as others have mentioned that are needed, which have been fed back to Steinberg for years.

Tbh I have a feeling all that is gonna get saved for Cubasis 4 and we’ll be stuck waiting for another year. I’d love to be wrong but it doesn’t feel like we’re getting that in this update. We’ll know for sure soon enough.

Many AUv3s still have issues in Logic and Zenbeats isn’t stable so we’re kinda screwed. Not sure if I’ll stick with Cubasis or switch to Logic and brave it out.

• The reason I still use Cubasis sometimes is that it’s more stable than Logic with third party apps. Once that’s fixed in Logic, I’d be struggling to think of a reason to use Cubasis

• @BillS said:
    The reason I still use Cubasis sometimes is that it’s more stable than Logic with third party apps. Once that’s fixed in Logic, I’d be struggling to think of a reason to use Cubasis

Do get in touch with the developers who's plug-ins misbehave, I've done that a couple of times and updates fixed the issues.
    Is there any particular pattern to the plug-ins that don't work as expected? (It's not always the hosts fault).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@BillS said:
    The reason I still use Cubasis sometimes is that it’s more stable than Logic with third party apps. Once that’s fixed in Logic, I’d be struggling to think of a reason to use Cubasis

Do get in touch with the developers who's plug-ins misbehave, I've done that a couple of times and updates fixed the issues.
    Is there any particular pattern to the plug-ins that don't work as expected? (It's not always the hosts fault).

Cheers!

In my case it's been mostly Imaginando apps: stuck notes in DRC (mostly) and failing to load K7D and DLYM.
    Also Bleass arp is very frustrating in LP, but that's been mentioned already.

• @Bob said:

In my case it's been mostly Imaginando apps: stuck notes in DRC (mostly) and failing to load K7D and DLYM.

At least some of the BLEASS apps have had recent updates fixing ehm some Logic related issues :sunglasses:

For Imaginando plug-ins we can always nicely tag @sinosoidal to make them aware of potential issues and hope that in due time they will get addressed even though primary focus seems to be on BAM at the moment.

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Bob said:

At least some of the BLEASS apps have had recent updates fixing ehm some Logic related issues :sunglasses:

For Imaginando plug-ins we can always nicely tag @sinosoidal to make them aware of potential issues and hope that in due time they will get addressed even though primary focus seems to be on BAM at the moment.

Cheers!

One of the developers from Imaginando said that in BAM they rewrote some parts of the code, and new stable frameworks will be spread through all apps in future updates.

Rewriting from the ground up those parts are a huge deal, and it means that they care a lot. 🤞

• @Telstar5 said:

@zzrwood said:

@Telstar5 said:

Perhaps YouTube a DX7?

No, you’re really not since Yamaha owns Steinberg and they’ve been cross pollinating their technologies since the days of the MOTIF (Aros, FM, etc. it’s the same company . The new FM in cubasis 3 will most likely be the 8 operator sort that’s found d in Montage including the use of resonant filters .

And you’re still not getting my point.

Telling someone to YouTube a Montage M, if they want to know what the Halion FM synth might sound like, is not necessarily useful - considering many YouTube videos will be of people playing Montage performances, which combine multiple synth engines…

• @zzrwood said:

@Telstar5 said:

@zzrwood said:

@Telstar5 said:

Perhaps YouTube a DX7?

And you’re still not getting my point.

Telling someone to YouTube a Montage M, if they want to know what the Halion FM synth might sound like, is not necessarily useful - considering many YouTube videos will be of people playing Montage performances, which combine multiple synth engines…

I did check youtube Montage video and was impressed until I realized they were not using the FM synth engine. Still looking for exemple of so called modern FM synth.

• @ecou said:

I did check youtube Montage video and was impressed until I realized they were not using the FM synth engine. Still looking for exemple of so called modern FM synth.

The FM-X engine has a 'Smart Morph' feature that is quite interesting.

Remains to be seen how limited the editing capabilities in the Cubasis 3 FM engines will be...