Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Cubasis

Comments

• @MadGav said:
    How about we start a list of features which Cubasis has but Logic does not?

My openers:
    Plug-in multi-out
    Audio multi-out
    Editing MIDI CCs in the MIDI editor

I’ll be very happy to see any points debunked!

IAA and Audiobus inputs

• More isn’t always better. I’ve been using Logic Pro a good bit the last couple days. While it’s certainly impressive how much they managed to put into the new app, at the same time I realized a lot of what I was trying to do I could achieve a bit faster and easier in Cubasis.

For just basic recording, arranging, and mixing audio it’s really straightforward in Cubasis and sometimes that resonates with me more than having tons of features. Not saying I prefer Cubasis to Logic (yet), just that sometimes it’s about the workflow more than having tons of options.

• @ecou said:
    I will be keep using Cubasis.

-It does mostly what I want
    - My iPad is too old (iPad pro 10.5 2017)
    - Don’t care for subscrition (lets not start that debate again) 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🙅🏼

Anybody else ?

Hopefully Steinberg as something in the can to compete.

We need some new IAP to support them.

Cubasis 3 was my main goto app for mastering my live Ambient jams in AUM. Logic Pro seems to be easier for me to do so. With Cubasis 3, I'd have to import the audio from AudioShare before dumping it on a track. With Logic Pro, I can do a slideover of Files or Sample Crate and just drag and drop onto a track. Logic Pro also has plenty of great native plugins, including a nice compressor, EQ, adaptive limiter and Loudness Meter. (Although I may stick with Barricade as my limiter since it gets me the exact levels I want in an instant.)

• edited May 2023

Watched a Logic Pro for IPad overview video. Witnessed copious amounts of scrolling and menu diving. Copious amounts of resizing windows. Saw the same GUI style as GarageBand (should have known better). Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to try it out. But not enough to buy a brand new iPad. Maybe it’ll be in the Apple Store display or something.

But my point that I’ve been making for years since I joined this forum remains: scrolling, menu diving, resizing and moving things around does not, a musical experience make. Wake me up when someone creates a daw with musicality baked into the design. Tired of all these apps looking like a damn spreadsheet

• @db909 said:
    Watched a Logic Pro for IPad overview video. Witnessed copious amounts of scrolling and menu diving. Copious amounts of resizing windows. Saw the same GUI style as GarageBand (should have known better). Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to try it out. But not enough to buy a brand new iPad. Maybe it’ll be in the Apple Store display or something.

But my point that I’ve been making for years since I joined this forum remains: scrolling, menu diving, resizing and moving things around does not, a musical experience make. Wake me up when someone creates a daw with musicality baked into the design. Tired of all these apps looking like a damn spreadsheet

Well there's Loopy Pro and AUM. While not DAWs, they are fun music creation environments, especially if you're into live creation. There's also Gadget for that immediate "get up and go" feeling.

• edited May 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Cubasis 3 was my main goto app for mastering my live Ambient jams in AUM. Logic Pro seems to be easier for me to do so. With Cubasis 3, I'd have to import the audio from AudioShare before dumping it on a track. With Logic Pro, I can do a slideover of Files or Sample Crate and just drag and drop onto a track. Logic Pro also has plenty of great native plugins, including a nice compressor, EQ, adaptive limiter and Loudness Meter. (Although I may stick with Barricade as my limiter since it gets me the exact levels I want in an instant.)

I’m pretty sure you can drag and drop audio files into Cubasis 3 now. It was in the last major update.

• @ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I am Spartacus.

• @mtenk said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I’m pretty sure you can drag and drop audio files into Cubasis 3 now. It was in the last major update.

Oof I forgot that was in the last update. 🤪 Well you're talking to me, a clumsy scatterbrain. Brain full of musical ideas rather than reason or logic (puns intended).

• @Tarekith said:
    More isn’t always better. I’ve been using Logic Pro a good bit the last couple days. While it’s certainly impressive how much they managed to put into the new app, at the same time I realized a lot of what I was trying to do I could achieve a bit faster and easier in Cubasis.

For just basic recording, arranging, and mixing audio it’s really straightforward in Cubasis and sometimes that resonates with me more than having tons of features. Not saying I prefer Cubasis to Logic (yet), just that sometimes it’s about the workflow more than having tons of options.

No all caps, not a single exclamation mark, no sending dissenters to a different thread? Well, nice try mate, but let's see how far you get with your slick reasonable arguments.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I agree with you , I am sad that guys sometimes want a war between Logic iOS users and Cubasis or other daw users , it is silly they are only tools what is important is music not tools.

Logic ios is great and I subscribe to Logic and I will still use Cubasis 3,5 you can 2 daws just to use some AUv3 or Iapp apps that you want to use.

My only question is : would I need a Desktop daw anymore ? Resale my MacBook M1 to have a better IPad at some point ? It is too early but I think about that. I need to consider that because of my health problems it is difficult for me to use something else that touch screen. Got problems using a mouse or traditional keyboard.

I join this thread just because I will use also Cubasis and I am a Logic iOS.

I am not here to list what can do Cubasis than Logic cannot do it is silly isn’t it ?

• @BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I agree with you , I am sad that guys sometimes want a war between Logic iOS users and Cubasis or other daw users , it is silly they are only tools what is important is music not tools.

Logic ios is great and I subscribe to Logic and I will still use Cubasis 3,5 you can 2 daws just to use some AUv3 or Iapp apps that you want to use.

My only question is : would I need a Desktop daw anymore ? Resale my MacBook M1 to have a better IPad at some point ? It is too early but I think about that. I need to consider that because of my health problems it is difficult for me to use something else that touch screen. Got problems using a mouse or traditional keyboard.

I am not here to list what can do Cubasis than Logic cannot do it is silly isn’t it ?

You have a point - both Logic and Cubasis support Ableton Link so they should run together in sync. Surely fine with a device each, has anyone tried on the same iPad?

Logic seems to have filled all the limitations I’ve noted with audio routing in Cubasis, so I’m optimistic that it will be a 1-stop shop.

Further, I’d be surprised if Cubasis doesn’t play some catch up… choice is good!

• I guess> @greatestlengths said:

@ecou said:
    L> @greatestlengths said:

I don't dig Cubasis.

Logic Pro is by far the best DAW on iPad now. It has no competitors.

There is plenty of threads to express your feelings about Logic Pro. This one is about Cubasis.

What a disingenuous response. Please don't do that.

In your OP, you mention "Team" Cubasis, implying a competition. You say you will "keep" using Cubasis, implying there is a competitor and you mention the subscription model, which is snarky regarding the competition that has a subscription model.

Don't pretend you didn't bring up Logic in your OP, considering the above.

I don't see nothing wrong in giving the thread a direction. My comments was done respectfully.

• @LinearLineman said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I am Spartacus.

No, I am !

• edited May 2023

If I could be arsed I’d start a Team AUM thread… but I can’t… I’ll just make some music instead 😊

• edited May 2023

@greatestlengths said:
    I don't dig Cubasis.

Logic Pro is by far the best DAW on iPad now. It has no competitors.

Does Logic do Inter App Audio? Lots of people have nice IAA apps. There's still a place for other DAWs.

• Lars , make the MIDI LEARN mappable like Drambo …meaning let it expose all parameters that can be assigned.

• @BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Exactly! Very silly, lol. In many ways I do see Logic Pro being my "home" app where I do most things. It really is a "mostly" complete package. However, I can say that with Flex Pitch missing I have one of two options for tuning vocals - Cubasis 3 with Waves Tune RT, or Vocal Tune Studio, or...why not either or depending on my mood for the day? 🤷

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

Well there's Loopy Pro and AUM. While not DAWs, they are fun music creation environments, especially if you're into live creation. There's also Gadget for that immediate "get up and go" feeling.

Just feel it is worth mentioning that Loopy Pro is indeed a DAW and is adding features all of the time.

• @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

Just feel it is worth mentioning that Loopy Pro is indeed a DAW and is adding features all of the time.

Well fair. It has been almost a year since I last explored Loopy Pro, but I remember having fun in it. I simply can wrap my head around AUM easier but still support Michael with whatever IAPs come up. :lol:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Exactly! Very silly, lol. In many ways I do see Logic Pro being my "home" app where I do most things. It really is a "mostly" complete package. However, I can say that with Flex Pitch missing I have one of two options for tuning vocals - Cubasis 3 with Waves Tune RT, or Vocal Tune Studio, or...why not either or depending on my mood for the day? 🤷

Sadly I was holding off on Vocal Tune Studio to see what Logic Pro offered. Guess I’m buying it anyway 😂 how is it?

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Sadly I was holding off on Vocal Tune Studio to see what Logic Pro offered. Guess I’m buying it anyway 😂 how is it?

I haven't really dug into it as I was still stuck on Cubasis 3 with Waves Tune RT, but from what fiddling around with it I did, it's very much so the vocal tuning app of my dreams that I'd been asking for for years.

• @ecou said:

@LinearLineman said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I am Spartacus.

No, I am !

No. I am.

• Some of us use various DAWs and Apps, to get things done. It’s great to add Logic Pro to my arsenal of tools to get my songs knocked out. I really thought I could become a 1-DAW Dude but honestly I feel now like the guy that has a garage full of different cars and trucks, different DAWs for different jobs or moods. It’s ok to like them all I guess.

• @Montreal_Music said:

The thing about making music is that you want the less friction possible. Sometimes new things + more choices = more friction = less productive

Exactly. Use the tools you like and click with. If LPx floats your boat, fantastic. Likewise Cubasis.

It’s not some crazy ideological war!

• @GeoTony said:
    If I could be arsed I’d start a Team AUM thread… but I can’t… I’ll just make some music instead 😊

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Likewise.

And on the odd occasion I need to use a linear DAW (rare) I use MTDAW. Maybe I should start a team. But then again, no… I really have better things to do…

• Logic has a few QOL things I can’t do without: save and recall an instrument channel strip with instrument and effects, and easy audio buses.
    Still, the mixer in AUM is still king. Can’t see myself ever ditching it.

• In the famous words of Rodney King: “Can we, can we all get along?

• Having owned Cubasis forever, I only really just started using it a few months ago. Up until recently, I never needed to record audio, so I was firmly in the NS2 camp. Coming from NS2, Cubasis feels the most familiar and handles audio quite well. The editing, compared to NS2, as well as mixing, feels a bit fiddly/twitchy, but it will do.

Logic seems great, but as I'm on a 2020 iPad Air, I'm not sure how well it would run, and also I'm not keen on a subscription model, so Cubasis is likely going to be my DAW home on the iPad for the foreseeable future.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

I would like to ear your point of view. I never even looked at Loopy because I thought it was like a looping pedal.