Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Team Cubasis

Comments

• @dendy said:

@brambos said:
    Haha.. brilliant. I literally am Hide the Pain Harold :D

Probably time for you to make your own DAW 🤣

Sourdaw!

• Not sure I can use another daw.

If I rely on sends in Drambo. Not just reverb which would be ok to dismiss.

The stems with resonator sends wouldnt have the resonator on. Resonator wouldnt be great to redo but I dont think you can midi map effects in cubasis anyway?

The flaws of multiple ipads.

• edited May 2023

Seems like I need to complete a song across ipads. Forgo DAW capabailities. Hope cpu is ok.

Today was the end of an ipad return also. Coulda used the extra cpu then.

All for the sake of a resonator.

Maybe best to redo sends but what daw can map effects to controllers?

Cubasis?

AE or logic?

• edited May 2023

What daw can map auv3 effects to controller. A drambo resonator for example. Automate record controller.

A template of midi mapping of effects I would have already mapped in drambo?

I can map to drambo in cubasis.

If cubasis dosent map auv3 effects?

Thats kinda ok then.

• tjatja
    edited May 2023

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:
    I will be keep using Cubasis.

-It does mostly what I want
    - My iPad is too old (iPad pro 10.5 2017)
    - Don’t care for subscrition (lets not start that debate again) 🙅🏻‍♂️ 🙅🏼

Anybody else ?

Hopefully Steinberg as something in the can to compete.

We need some new IAP to support them.

Cubasis 3 was my main goto app for mastering my live Ambient jams in AUM. Logic Pro seems to be easier for me to do so. With Cubasis 3, I'd have to import the audio from AudioShare before dumping it on a track. With Logic Pro, I can do a slideover of Files or Sample Crate and just drag and drop onto a track. Logic Pro also has plenty of great native plugins, including a nice compressor, EQ, adaptive limiter and Loudness Meter. (Although I may stick with Barricade as my limiter since it gets me the exact levels I want in an instant.)

I agree with you , I am sad that guys sometimes want a war between Logic iOS users and Cubasis or other daw users , it is silly they are only tools what is important is music not tools.

Logic ios is great and I subscribe to Logic and I will still use Cubasis 3,5 you can 2 daws just to use some AUv3 or Iapp apps that you want to use.

My only question is : would I need a Desktop daw anymore ? Resale my MacBook M1 to have a better IPad at some point ? It is too early but I think about that. I need to consider that because of my health problems it is difficult for me to use something else that touch screen. Got problems using a mouse or traditional keyboard.

I join this thread just because I will use also Cubasis and I am a Logic iOS.

I am not here to list what can do Cubasis than Logic cannot do it is silly isn’t it ?

Exactly! Very silly, lol. In many ways I do see Logic Pro being my "home" app where I do most things. It really is a "mostly" complete package. However, I can say that with Flex Pitch missing I have one of two options for tuning vocals - Cubasis 3 with Waves Tune RT, or Vocal Tune Studio, or...why not either or depending on my mood for the day? 🤷

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:
    Watched a Logic Pro for IPad overview video. Witnessed copious amounts of scrolling and menu diving. Copious amounts of resizing windows. Saw the same GUI style as GarageBand (should have known better). Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to try it out. But not enough to buy a brand new iPad. Maybe it’ll be in the Apple Store display or something.

But my point that I’ve been making for years since I joined this forum remains: scrolling, menu diving, resizing and moving things around does not, a musical experience make. Wake me up when someone creates a daw with musicality baked into the design. Tired of all these apps looking like a damn spreadsheet

Well there's Loopy Pro and AUM. While not DAWs, they are fun music creation environments, especially if you're into live creation. There's also Gadget for that immediate "get up and go" feeling.

Just feel it is worth mentioning that Loopy Pro is indeed a DAW and is adding features all of the time.

I would like to ear your point of view. I never even looked at Loopy because I thought it was like a looping pedal.

WHAT?

😳😳😳

You are REALLY missing something here!

Loopy Pro is not only crazy capable with Loops and Audio in general, it also is a complete toolset to design nearly anything to control any and all aspects - like with Audulus, a programmable graphical user interface and an immensely convenient host for IAA or AUv3 Apps - or a AUv3 client in other hosts!

And yes, it also offers a sequential track-like view to handle audio!
    And MIDI will arrive soon(?) too!

It is the perfect audio workstation.

I'm sure, others can and will give better examples and explanations.

Indeed, this hints to the problem, that Loopy Pro may get misunderstood by potential customers, simply because of it's name, @Michael

But is an impressive evolution far beyond a mere "looping pedal", really!

• @tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Cubasis 3 was my main goto app for mastering my live Ambient jams in AUM. Logic Pro seems to be easier for me to do so. With Cubasis 3, I'd have to import the audio from AudioShare before dumping it on a track. With Logic Pro, I can do a slideover of Files or Sample Crate and just drag and drop onto a track. Logic Pro also has plenty of great native plugins, including a nice compressor, EQ, adaptive limiter and Loudness Meter. (Although I may stick with Barricade as my limiter since it gets me the exact levels I want in an instant.)

I agree with you , I am sad that guys sometimes want a war between Logic iOS users and Cubasis or other daw users , it is silly they are only tools what is important is music not tools.

Logic ios is great and I subscribe to Logic and I will still use Cubasis 3,5 you can 2 daws just to use some AUv3 or Iapp apps that you want to use.

My only question is : would I need a Desktop daw anymore ? Resale my MacBook M1 to have a better IPad at some point ? It is too early but I think about that. I need to consider that because of my health problems it is difficult for me to use something else that touch screen. Got problems using a mouse or traditional keyboard.

I am not here to list what can do Cubasis than Logic cannot do it is silly isn’t it ?

Exactly! Very silly, lol. In many ways I do see Logic Pro being my "home" app where I do most things. It really is a "mostly" complete package. However, I can say that with Flex Pitch missing I have one of two options for tuning vocals - Cubasis 3 with Waves Tune RT, or Vocal Tune Studio, or...why not either or depending on my mood for the day? 🤷

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:
    Watched a Logic Pro for IPad overview video. Witnessed copious amounts of scrolling and menu diving. Copious amounts of resizing windows. Saw the same GUI style as GarageBand (should have known better). Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to try it out. But not enough to buy a brand new iPad. Maybe it’ll be in the Apple Store display or something.

But my point that I’ve been making for years since I joined this forum remains: scrolling, menu diving, resizing and moving things around does not, a musical experience make. Wake me up when someone creates a daw with musicality baked into the design. Tired of all these apps looking like a damn spreadsheet

Well there's Loopy Pro and AUM. While not DAWs, they are fun music creation environments, especially if you're into live creation. There's also Gadget for that immediate "get up and go" feeling.

Just feel it is worth mentioning that Loopy Pro is indeed a DAW and is adding features all of the time.

I would like to ear your point of view. I never even looked at Loopy because I thought it was like a looping pedal.

WHAT?

😳😳😳

Loopy Pro is not only crazy capable with Loops and Audio in general, it also is a complete toolset to design nearly anything to control any and all aspects - like with Audulus, a programmable graphical user interface and an immensely convenient host for IAA or AUv3 Apps - or a AUv3 client in other hosts!

Indeed, this hints to the problem, that Loopy Pro may get misunderstood by potential customers, simply because of it's name, @Michael

Do LoopyPro can replace AUM

• @BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

For me, yes.

• @tja said:

@BerlinFx said:

@tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

For me, yes.

Thanks , I don’t know but I don’t feel so comfortable with AUM and want add other features part of my interest in Loopy Pro.

• Sorry to make it Drambo.

but may as well just complete a song in Drambo.

Even with multiple ipads.

I cant understand a DAW or other system, as the mo.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

Sadly I was holding off on Vocal Tune Studio to see what Logic Pro offered. Guess I’m buying it anyway 😂 how is it?

I haven't really dug into it as I was still stuck on Cubasis 3 with Waves Tune RT, but from what fiddling around with it I did, it's very much so the vocal tuning app of my dreams that I'd been asking for for years.

Thanks! I definitely wanna pick it up at some point. 70% of mine is instrumental but I’ll need it if I wanna do any kind of vocals because I can’t really sing 😂

• I> @tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:
    /'

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

@tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

Well, I think you confirmed me that it is a very powerful looping tool for live jamming. I do linear song writing, I would not know what to do with Loopy.

Thank you for your input.

• @ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

No, not really like a looping pedal, although it does loop. Multiple audio tracks/loops. It has a mixer for all the tracks as well as audio sends. It will soon be adding midi loops as well. It can route midi apps like Atom2 to other AUV3 instruments. It has timeline audio loops, too. It is its own thing. It’s amazing, fun and immersive once you decide to jump in. It’s simple enough to get good things going, but also quite deep.

I just need a more powerful iPad to take advantage of all that it can do.

• @ecou said:
    I> @tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:
    /'

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

@tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

Well, I think you confirmed me that it is a very powerful looping tool for live jamming. I do linear song writing, I would not know what to do with Loopy.

?? It’s not just for live jamming (I rarely use it for that). In fact, there are a number of ways to program the loops in sequence. Also, Loopy Pro has a timeline sequencer as well which is great for song writing and is getting better. But hey, to each his own.

• @brambos said:
    I’m keeping all DAWs, every. Last. One. Of. Them.

Hashtag Devlife

Can't wear the hashtag, but hells to the yeah for the sentiment. Auria will get even more trashed with a better 'traditional' DAW, but, man, it was incredibly ambitious and remarkably close to achieving that ambition, even if that last 80% made everyone but @richardyot and a handful of others lose years off our lives from the bad kind of funkiness. To your point, I just deleted all the projects and audio tracks (backed up of course) from Auria, but not the app itself.

And yeah, you devs signing up for this... clearly a labor of love, and we love your labor.

• @mulletsaison said:

@brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

Can't wear the hashtag, but hells to the yeah for the sentiment. Auria will get even more trashed with a better 'traditional' DAW, but, man, it was incredibly ambitious and remarkably close to achieving that ambition, even if that last 80% made everyone but @richardyot and a handful of others lose years off our lives from the bad kind of funkiness. To your point, I just deleted all the projects and audio tracks (backed up of course) from Auria, but not the app itself.

And yeah, you devs signing up for this... clearly a labor of love, and we love your labor.

Yes this is obviously the death knell for Auria. It was a pretty awesome DAW (for the platform) in 2012, and then with the big update in 2015, but it now only gets maintenance updates and is going to fall further and further behind in terms of features.

I think the situation with NS2 is even more of a shame, it was sooo close. The UI is great, better than Logic IMO, if only it could have generated enough sales to continue being actively developed it could have been the best DAW on the platform.

• @ALB said:

@ecou said:
    I> @tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:
    /'

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

@tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

?? It’s not just for live jamming (I rarely use it for that). In fact, there are a number of ways to program the loops in sequence. Also, Loopy Pro has a timeline sequencer as well which is great for song writing and is getting better. But hey, to each his own.

Could you point me to the right YouTube video? All I saw was people recording live beats.

I work mostly with midi. The only live stuff I do is my guitar on occasion.

• @tja said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

That's what I'm waiting for. MIDI. It will be a killer app for me to quickly get things going.

• @richardyot said:

@mulletsaison said:

@brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

Yes this is obviously the death knell for Auria. It was a pretty awesome DAW (for the platform) in 2012, and then with the big update in 2015, but it now only gets maintenance updates and is going to fall further and further behind in terms of features.

I think the situation with NS2 is even more of a shame, it was sooo close. The UI is great, better than Logic IMO, if only it could have generated enough sales to continue being actively developed it could have been the best DAW on the platform.

I know how much you've invested in Auria over the years Richard (both emotionally and financially), so that must be a particularly bitter pill.

For years, Cubasis has been my favourite iOS DAW, so I'll reserve judgement on the future of Cubasis until I experience the next major release. I'm hoping that the Cubasis team can learn from the successes of Dorico for iOS, which has been a sleeper hit (but not here on the Audiobus forum), with an average score of 4.7 based on 171 reviews. The reason for the success is in part because the Dorico team have managed to pack all and more of the equivalent desktop product (Dorico Elements) into Dorico iOS with both £3.49 subscription and £119.99 lifetime ownership price points (and an annual £34.99 subscription).

Cubasis is a long way from being equivalent to Cubase Elements.

I know subscriptions are unpopular here on Audiobus, but I'd be far happier if Cubasis is retired and Steinberg took a similar approach to Dorico in terms of offering versions that match various desktop tiers with both subscription and lifetime licences. The challenge for Steinberg will be with regard to the perceived value of higher tiers. On the desktop, other DAW publishers have managed not to be led by Apple's low-priced professional product tiers. I'm not so sure the same applies on iOS right now, as the iOS platform still has significant detriments compared to professional desktop OS's. More importantly, the iOS audio community is in large part willing to put up with the high cost of Apple tablet devices as the cost of software is significantly less than the equivalent desktop product (Fabfilter being the obvious example of this).

In general, I'm excited to see what happens to the iOS audio ecosystem now that Logic Pro is available for iPadOS. I remember having lunch with a professor at the London Business School in the mid-nineties to discuss this new fangled thing called the World Wide Web. He said something very prescient to me, "ultimate success mainly goes to the early majority, not the early adopter". Translated, that means for every Amazon there's an AltaVista. It's my belief that the iOS audio ecosystem is at the early majority stage of its evolution. It's a long way from maturity, but it's at a stage where early adopters need to realise that the competitive space is going to change drastically, and they'll need to adapt to the changes or die. For those that adapt, this is the point at which they can start thinking of their passion projects as businesses that reward financially as well as emotionally.

• @jonmoore said:
    I know how much you've invested in Auria over the years Richard (both emotionally and financially), so that must be a particularly bitter pill.

For me personally it's not bitter at all. I got ten years out of Auria, and used it as the centre of my musical world almost every day in that time. It provided me with a ton of value.

Logic is a step forward, so I'm happy to jump on board the new thing. It's all good.

• @ecou said:

@ALB said:

@ecou said:
    I> @tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:
    /'

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

@tja said:

@ecou said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BerlinFx said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ecou said:

Anybody else ?

I g> @ALB said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@db909 said:

WHAT?

😳😳😳

Could you point me to the right YouTube video? All I saw was people recording live beats.

I work mostly with midi. The only live stuff I do is my guitar on occasion.

I don’t have the links to YouTube videos at my fingertips. Most of what I know about Loopy Pro is from the manual and using it for the last year or so. Having said that, it might not be for you as of right now… While midi apps are currently supported, midi clips have not but soon will be implemented. Maybe you should try it when that happens.

• edited June 2023

-

• @richardyot said:

Logic is a step forward, so I'm happy to jump on board the new thing. It's all good.

Amen to that. Apple finally releasing Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro on the platform will hopefully mean iOS/iPadOS becomes more competitive with desktop OS's, and that's a mighty good thing for all interested parties. When the LP team start moaning to the iPadOS team, that's going to far carry more weight than feedback from the user and developer communities combined.

As a long-time user of Cubasis, I believe it's a great opportunity for Steinberg too.

• In 2015 I literally just about flipped a coin between a MacBook Pro or air and the first generation iPad 12.9. Atria had just come out a d after watching the namm oromo it swayed me . I didn’t know what audio warping was but it sounded cool. I even bought all the fab filter plug ins on the half off Christmas sale . I was expecting then what Logic Pro for iPad is NOw though. But if it were t for Auria I would have gotten Mac OS, Logic and I wouldn’t have even been on here .

• @Telstar5 said:
    @MobileMusicPro What say you?

Logic Pro is far superior to Cubasis 3, it's not even in the same weight class. However with that being said you can still make any kind of music in either of these DAWs but I much prefer Logic Pro as it's basically Cubasis but with all the features we've been asking from Cubasis for many, many years.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@Telstar5 said:

Logic Pro is far superior to Cubasis 3, it's not even in the same weight class. However with that being said you can still make any kind of music in either of these DAWs but I much prefer Logic Pro as it's basically Cubasis but with all the features we've been asking from Cubasis for many, many years.

Steinberg will have to up their game if they're going to stay in the iOS system. I believe they will because I'm of the opinion there's going to be a big shift to iOS music production. I don't think they'll go subscription because they won't be able to compete on price, but they'll definitely have to improve their product.

• edited June 2023

I had a real struggle recording Lumbeat drummers on time in the grid in Cubasis 3. The sound was recorded before the actual beat, it was ahead in time. No matter what I tried. I also recorded Lumbeat drummers as loops in Loopy Pro, and that app is in my ears really sample accurate, and these loops play on time imported in Cubasis

So this makes me wonder what unwanted time offset Cubasis introduces with my other recordings, like live guitar or bass. I cannot trust Cubasis for sample accurate recordings.

For me Loopy Pro has replaced Cubasis. And now with Logic Pro, with the stock drummers and drum loops, it is even more easy to build a drum track to record guitar parts or loops.

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@Telstar5 said:

Xact!!!!

• @richardyot said:

@mulletsaison said:

@brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

@richardyot said:

@mulletsaison said:

@brambos said:

Hashtag Devlife

Matt was very close to perfection with NS2. If he ever decides to step back in to the game, I'm convinced he'll do well. A few tweaks, audio tracks, and some new IAPs, and I believe it'll be a serious rival to accommodate any DAW out there. Usability-wise, it's better than anything I've ever used.

• Hopefully Cubasis update due soon then now 13 out on big brother. These chord progressions pads would be nice to have.

• I’d love to see a vocal chain like that in Cubasis