Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: Limited public beta now open

Comments

• Beta needs a companion watch app like Audiobus remote that will give a shock when more slots open.

• Wow that was fast. Dang I missed it.

• Filled in like 6 hours. Hope I catch the next round. If nothing else that shows how much interest there is in this app.

• Missed it! Just saw the email.

• For those who got in: there’s a shortcut to settings that I have missed for a while. Slide down on the pencil icon on the top right. 😉

• Hey, beta folks, my biggest question I'll put it to you this way:

The best software is hot, simple, and deep. (concept from Alan Cooper: About Face)

Koala Sampler IS a superb example. Hot and compelling to engage, Simple and easy to make good traction, and Deep with more and more relevant capabilities.

My biggest question about the new Loopy will how it compares to Koala Sampler on all three of those counts. I want to have FUN, I want to make and collect new loops and samples, I want it to flow and move naturally to make songs as easy or complex as I feel.

My two cents. Thx.

• edited October 2021

Looking at this thread first post and the first comment… filled in less than 15 10 minutes (by 5 AM New York time). Then second round filled in a few minutes also. Safe to say there is some interest 😬👍🏼

• @Hmtx said:
    Looking at this thread first post and the first comment… filled in less than 15 minutes (by 5 AM New York time). Then second round filled in a few minutes also. Safe to say there is some interest 😬👍🏼

Lol.

• Throw a bone to those of us who were on the original Loopy beta? 😏

• @supadom said:
    For those who got in: there’s a shortcut to settings that I have missed for a while. Slide down on the pencil icon on the top right. 😉

THIS. Tap and hold works for me.

• edited October 2021

Throw a bone to old-timers who were among the first to own the original Loopy!

• Fallon gave it away to his audience :D

• @Model10000 said:
    Throw a bone to those of us who were on the original Loopy beta? 😏

🦴

• Ha. Need a marshmallow 🤏 emoji..

• edited October 2021

Rrrruff!

• Damn, I’m kind of crushed that it’s full already with how much anticipation I had for that

• @R_2 said:

@abruk said:
    New revenue model idea: sell the beta invites:)

Some devs already do that, it’s called the AppStore 🤡

+1

• Did anyone else who thought they'd signed up for the public beta not receive an email? Given the time zone difference, I would've missed it anyway, but I can't find a notice in either of the email accounts that might have received such a thing. (And yes, I checked the spam folders already.)

• Man, I’m extremely disappointed!.
    I signed up for the beta months ago but it seems like that was pretty useless. I was working and now there’s no beta?. Really sucks…

• I just wanna thank everyone for signing up for the beta and taking the pressure off me to find bugs.
    I was getting worried there for a bit.

• what's the point of limiting the beta?

• Big picture timeline:

• There was an alpha release that none of us got to see, don’t remember when Michael mentioned it.

• Then in the past few months there was an early beta that a few were hand-picked to test.

• Then today we get this thread announcing the actual public beta was opened for a certain number of sign-ups, and filled in minutes.

• Presumably, the public beta will at some point be open to anyone who has the TestFlight link up to 10,000 users max, or less if Michael limits it.

• And then hopefully AppStore release by end of November?

Seems like we all win eventually and the end is in sight. That’s less than 2 months.

• @celtic_elk said:
    Did anyone else who thought they'd signed up for the public beta not receive an email? Given the time zone difference, I would've missed it anyway, but I can't find a notice in either of the email accounts that might have received such a thing. (And yes, I checked the spam folders already.)

Yep! Looked through spam and searched loopy, tasty pixel and Michaels contact. Found beta feedback from original loopy beta testing and that’s it. Went to the new beta join page and entered email again and it said I was signed up already. Wouldn’t have mattered, slots opened at like 2am here. Hopefully, next time.

• 7 years now daily visiting audiobus- and loopy-forum is over now. i will look at loopy pro near christmas-time this year hopefully ..

• @Hmtx said:

Seems like we all win eventually and the end is in sight. That’s less than 2 months.

Fair enough. I just wish I’d known the “public” beta was going to be limited to select people. Then I wouldn’t have anticipated it so hotly, and I wouldn’t be so disappointed now. 😁

• @anickt said:
    I hope all the people crying about not getting on the beta (and everyone else) buy this app at full price when it comes out (since it’s so important to them) and don’t dare to mention discounts or upgrade pricing. 🤭 🤐

+100

• @Hmtx said:
    Big picture timeline:

• There was an alpha release that none of us got to see, don’t remember when Michael mentioned it.

• Then in the past few months there was an early beta that a few were hand-picked to test.

• Then today we get this thread announcing the actual public beta was opened for a certain number of sign-ups, and filled in minutes.

• Presumably, the public beta will at some point be open to anyone who has the TestFlight link up to 10,000 users max, or less if Michael limits it.

• And then hopefully AppStore release by end of November?

There’s another bullet in the timeline that I believe is missing. Some of us signed up months ago for the beta. I honestly thought that by signing up I had a slot. It would make sense that those that signed up before would be first in line. But it seems like it’s not the case. I guess the only purpose of signing up was to be notified. But we were notified by email at the exact same time as it was posted here, on Facebook… You’d think those who had signed up before would get some sort of head start.
    I’ll get over it 😡 but it’ll be hard to read about it all… pretty frustrating.

• @Model10000 said:

@celtic_elk said:
    Did anyone else who thought they'd signed up for the public beta not receive an email? Given the time zone difference, I would've missed it anyway, but I can't find a notice in either of the email accounts that might have received such a thing. (And yes, I checked the spam folders already.)

Yep! Looked through spam and searched loopy, tasty pixel and Michaels contact. Found beta feedback from original loopy beta testing and that’s it. Went to the new beta join page and entered email again and it said I was signed up already. Wouldn’t have mattered, slots opened at like 2am here. Hopefully, next time.

I re-entered the email I'd prefer to use, and it went through the registration process, so maybe that address just wasn't signed up in the first place. Pretty sure the other one was, though. shrug Better luck next time, I hope.

• yep, much prefer the SWAM and audio damage approach to public betas. Still looking forward to testing if more slots opening up.

• I'm pretty sure everyone who signed up to hear about the beta will get to join the beta in the near future, michael is progressively expanding the pool size whenever he feels like he can take on handling more people's feedback. point of a limited beta is that already the bug list is super long and at some point it's not actually helpful getting more feedback since he wont get around to newer bugs for a little while. Its really just about doing what's best for michael and for loopy pro yall! And also the actual release is not that far away either. We can only be positive about this whole thing because it is one step closer to the dream being real!