Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: Limited public beta now open

Comments

• edited October 2021

@twnshp said:
    For anyone in the Beta, or Michael, is anybody allowed to post segments of their time with the app? I can wait two more months to get my hands on it, but i'm dying to see this thing in action. I'm sure sharing videos of the app in it's buggy-state is bad publicity, but I feel like posting tiny clips would really help the rest of us hold off till release! If not, happy all this action is happening anyways!

For you Beta-testers- Anyone using/setting up the Launchpad yet?! I'm ready to replace Ableton for Loopy Pro!

I’ll be trying this with Launchpad pro mk3 this weekend so will report back. Anything you want to know in particular?

If @Michael gives the ok to post vids, I’ll try and do that too.

• @gregsmith said:
    @Michael Are we allowed to post videos? Do you want us to discuss questions/issues here or keep it on email?

Yep, post vids!

Wow. Bit of negativity around here which is a little surprising. For those hurting - I’m sorry to hear that. You’ll get your chance to help out over the next few weeks like I said. This will be progressively opened up as the bugs get squished. Everyone will get the opportunity.

But I don’t want to wake up to a thousand versions of the same bug report or the app will never get finished, I’ll be too busy sorting email. Yuck!

• @Michael said:

@gregsmith said:
    @Michael Are we allowed to post videos? Do you want us to discuss questions/issues here or keep it on email?

Yep, post vids!

Wow. Bit of negativity around here which is a little surprising. For those hurting - I’m sorry to hear that. You’ll get your chance to help out over the next few weeks like I said. This will be progressively opened up as the bugs get squished. Everyone will get the opportunity.

But I don’t want to wake up to a thousand versions of the same bug report or the app will never get finished, I’ll be too busy sorting email. Yuck!

Must be pretty demoralising after so much hard work. I’m surprised there’s not been more ‘fuck this is amazing!’ posts to balance it up.

I for one absolutely love it already and think I have a whole new MIDI/audio looper/DAW workflow figured out with LK hosted inside Loopy Pro standalone. Only one piece missing: I can figure out how to add a MIDI source to an instrument, but can’t see a way to make that instrument only listen to one MIDI channel. Is this possible?

• edited October 2021

@gregsmith said:
    Only one piece missing: I can figure out how to add a MIDI source to an instrument, but can’t see a way to make that instrument only listen to one MIDI channel. Is this possible?

Thank you!!

Best to keep these kind of specific questions and things to the beta channels (slack, loopy forum or email), as it’s easier for me to track. This time though: good point! I need to add midi filtering

• I don't know how much betas affect developer's demand for time via contact but I would think open beta could just create a flood of wasted time. I am probably wrong though as it is not uncommon. Either way I'm sure Michael knows what he is doing.

• edited October 2021

I have no interest in the Beta - I have enough problems using fully finished software, let alone "experimental" versions. Happy to wait for the release :smiley:

• @Michael said:

@gregsmith said:
    Only one piece missing: I can figure out how to add a MIDI source to an instrument, but can’t see a way to make that instrument only listen to one MIDI channel. Is this possible?

Thank you!!

Best to keep these kind of specific questions and things to the beta channels (slack, loopy forum or email), as it’s easier for me to track. This time though: good point! I need to add midi filtering

Ah yes, I grabbed the beta in a rush before work and didn’t read the tester notes properly yet.

Will do my best to send you some more useful thoughts and reports.

• @GeeBee said:
    Absolutely, this is very , very frustrating, An excellent way of upsetting future users......I can't believe they did this ! It has almost all the indications of a bad joke or a hoax.

Or.... (cue evil music).....a conspiracy! :smiley:

• @Michael said:

@gregsmith said:

Yep, post vids!

God Speed … As a dev with 30+ years of commercial experience I hear ya!

• @Michael said:

If this was a movie, right now you’re the most popular guy in school and you’re hanging out with all the beautiful people*… but we all know eventually you’ll end up in detention with the rest of us ugly weird kids and then the magic will truly start happening :)

*apologies to existing beta testers who resent the ‘beautiful’ moniker.

• @steve99 said:

@Michael said:

If this was a movie, right now you’re the most popular guy in school and you’re hanging out with all the beautiful people*… but we all know eventually you’ll end up in detention with the rest of us ugly weird kids and then the magic will truly start happening :)

😆 Don’t worry, you revolting nerds will get your chance in a week or so!

• @Michael said:

@steve99 said:

@Michael said:

haha. hopefully us revolting nerds will have more than 5 mins and 37 secs to grab our chance next time. Just kidding. Completely understand the necessity of a limited beta to keep the avalanche of duplicate bugs from bogging you down. Keep up the good work. I guess I will have to stick with blooper, mood and enso for now.

• @steve99 said:

@Michael said:

A movie about a detention? The Break Fix Club.

• edited October 2021

[Editing my message as I see lots have shared their disappointment before me… Ha! I’m really pleased this is so popular 😎]

• The makeup custody

• @Michael said:

@steve99 said:

@Michael said:

Just let me know if I’m going to need to set an alarm to get up in the wee hours. 😉

• I’ll be happy to wait for release. I’ve got plenty of music pouring out with more apps than I can ever give my attention to already. Good luck with the bug squashing @Michael

• I wonder if you could have done an AB Forums questionnaire or quiz to sign up. Like a short college entrance exam? Questions only AudioBus forum regulars would know the answers to would be given access to the beta. Might have been a good way to filter out all the riff-raff.

• Again, I'm sure Michael knows what he is doing. I've beta tested a lot of desktop software and there is usually an application process where you provide details about your experience, equipment, what you can offer as a beta tester, NDA etc.

• Very excited for this and very excited to see some videos of it in action, especially the timeline aspect of things. I’m intrigued at the idea of using it as a DAW with something like Xequence 2 providing the MIDI. I’m sure the routing capabilities would allow me to do things that I can’t do in CB3.

• Wow tis a thing of beauty.

I usually struggle with the complexity of learning new apps, and have so many that I hardly revisit as it’s just to hard to swim against the tide.
    The beta does not come with a manual but Loopy Pro is minimalist, uncluttered and simple, especially at the entry level yet behind every corner is a surprise that beckons you to go deeper.
    Michael is wise beyond his years and right to hold back, I have had a few random crashes and he informs me that they are the worst as they are hard to diagnose if unrepeatable but wow wow wow!

You guys are gonna fall in love with this.

Sorry I don’t mean to be a tease ; )

Thank you Michael, I have been on the journey with you since the very first conceptual videos that you posted and it’s well worth the wait.

Kind regards
    Keith

• @keithmac said:
    Wow tis a thing of beauty.

I usually struggle with the complexity of learning new apps, and have so many that I hardly revisit as it’s just to hard to swim against the tide.
    The beta does not come with a manual but Loopy Pro is minimalist, uncluttered and simple, especially at the entry level yet behind every corner is a surprise that beckons you to go deeper.
    Michael is wise beyond his years and right to hold back, I have had a few random crashes and he informs me that they are the worst as they are hard to diagnose if unrepeatable but wow wow wow!

You guys are gonna fall in love with this.

Sorry I don’t mean to be a tease ; )

Thank you Michael, I have been on the journey with you since the very first conceptual videos that you posted and it’s well worth the wait.

Kind regards
    Keith

Amen

• edited October 2021

Obviously the long waiting time and the painful gap in this app category caused some thin nerves in the community. @Michael forgive them, we are like starving hikers in the desert seeing an oasis on the horizon but can not reach it. But guys, please respect the dev 👊 The oasis is in reach 🌴😉

• edited October 2021

Just saw this 😯

• @Samu said:

@gregsmith said:

I feel a bit guilty as I’m not in the ‘looper crowd’, but I intend to put this through its paces as a sampler and audio track sequencer for AUM, amongst any other ways I can find to use it.

No worries, I'm hoping Loopy Pro will at least partially be able to replicate Sample Bot's behavior.
    (That would be my use-case, record various sounds, sequence/loop them in a controlled manner and process thru effects).

Also I'm quite sure performance will be good as the iPad Air 2 is apparently the development device it's being tested on :sunglasses:

Other more advanced uses cases would be to use Loopy Pro as an AUv3 host (ie. skip using AUM, AudioBus & ApeMatrix etc.).

But I'm pretty sure it would turn into feature-creep-deluxe if I were to go all in...

You’re in luck, my friend! You can record one-shots whenever you want, there’s a timeline and there are FX! You can also host AUv3s, although currently only for recording audio rather than sequencing MIDI (the latter is somewhere on the roadmap).

• That's where I wanna go too! :-) Hope my Ipad Mini 5 has enough space on the display...

@Michael said:
    Just saw this 😯

• Ha, just got some cool breakbeats when opening an old loopy HD session in parallell to loopy Pro and enabling Ableton link, doubling the tempo of my mouthpercussion...

• The ability to use colours as busses is so great!!!

• Fun doubles every 5 minutes! Just playing with effects on that drumloop is so much fun! It's very nice with the effect bar at the bottom. I asked myself "what will happen, when I add many effects, will they become small? But the bar just expands that's PERFECT!