Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: Limited public beta now open

Comments

• Great marketing model! Limited availability - increased value and hype ;)

• @tahiche said:

@Hmtx said:
    Big picture timeline:

• There was an alpha release that none of us got to see, don’t remember when Michael mentioned it.

• Then in the past few months there was an early beta that a few were hand-picked to test.

• Then today we get this thread announcing the actual public beta was opened for a certain number of sign-ups, and filled in minutes.

• Presumably, the public beta will at some point be open to anyone who has the TestFlight link up to 10,000 users max, or less if Michael limits it.

• And then hopefully AppStore release by end of November?

Seems like we all win eventually and the end is in sight. That’s less than 2 months.

There’s another bullet in the timeline that I believe is missing. Some of us signed up months ago for the beta. I honestly thought that by signing up I had a slot. It would make sense that those that signed up before would be first in line. But it seems like it’s not the case. I guess the only purpose of signing up was to be notified. But we were notified by email at the exact same time as it was posted here, on Facebook… You’d think those who had signed up before would get some sort of head start.
    I’ll get over it 😡 but it’ll be hard to read about it all… pretty frustrating.

Absolutely, this is very , very frustrating, An excellent way of upsetting future users......I can't believe they did this ! It has almost all the indications of a bad joke or a hoax.

• edited October 2021

@Michael Good luck with the Beta work. Hope the crew finds all those remaining bugs so we can send you bucket loads of cash for all your hard work :)
    Stay focused everyone! The Release is on the horizon!!!!!

• Maybe I’ll try a later beta. I’m just not awake at 1-2am to get on board with it fast enough. Given I may be moving soon, I probably won’t have much time anyway to test it all properly.

• This is absolutely brilliant! (sorry to those who aren’t in the beta yet!)

I’m trying to work out how this fits into my workflow but having a lot of fun along the way. Lots of little surprises.

@Michael Are we allowed to post videos? Do you want us to discuss questions/issues here or keep it on email?

• You guys whining about missing the beta are so freaking annoying. Get over yourselves. You don't deserve anything just because you signed up early, or you were an original Loopy tester or whatever. Relax, before long, only a couple of weeks really, you will get access to the full beta-tested app and you can enjoy it for years to come. Try to be a little patient and understanding, this is a one man band you are criticizing here.

• Afaik there was never a guarantee that everyone who signed up will get a spot… that’s definitely not testing, more like early access… if anyone gets upset, it was never about productive testing 😉

• @fprintf who’s the one criticizing here? Personally not mad and in reality only slightly impatient... A little playful sarcasm..

• @fprintf said:
    You guys whining about missing the beta are so freaking annoying. Get over yourselves. You don't deserve anything just because you signed up early, or you were an original Loopy tester or whatever. Relax, before long, only a couple of weeks really, you will get access to the full beta-tested app and you can enjoy it for years to come. Try to be a little patient and understanding, this is a one man band you are criticizing here.

+1000

Also, Michael did mention he was going to be opening the beta “progressively” so nobody should be surprised that the initial access was limited.

• @fprintf said:
    You guys whining about missing the beta are so freaking annoying. Get over yourselves. You don't deserve anything just because you signed up early, or you were an original Loopy tester or whatever. Relax, before long, only a couple of weeks really, you will get access to the full beta-tested app and you can enjoy it for years to come. Try to be a little patient and understanding, this is a one man band you are criticizing here.

Whining about people whining. Oh the irony.

• Gonna have to switch my circadian rhythm to GMT in order to peek under the loopy hood

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Betas are for the benefit of the developer, not the beta testers. Beta testers should have the mindset of volunteers wanting to be a help, not people simply wanting to be gratified with an early look. "Fairness" doesn't come into it.

Disappointment I can understand. But if anyone is butt-hurt about this then they were after it for the wrong reasons. Yeh, I know, who am I to judge? But had to say it. Sorry. :|

• Awesome to be onboard. Loving the extra little bits and pieces, especially the thing with the whatsit. Amazing. You guys are gonna love the doodad with the parping fiddle de flah. Not trying to make anyone jealous or honk my horn of course, I'm just here to iron out the bugs, especially the spinny thing and the loop with the kinks in it.

• Limited Beta makes the most sense...open it up as the bugs are killed off...

• I work in software for large enterprises. You really do not want to have too many people in beta. Ideally, you have just enough to give a good representative mix of users and use cases. And not so many that you can't handle the flood of input, or the risk that rumors of poor software making too many waves.

• @wim said:
    Betas are for the benefit of the developer, not the beta testers. Beta testers should have the mindset of volunteers wanting to be a help, not people wanting gratified with an early look. "Fairness" doesn't come into it.

Disappointment I can understand. But if anyone is butt-hurt about this then they were after it for the wrong reasons. Yeh, I know, who am I to judge? But had to say it. Sorry. :|

Agreed, haven’t tried it as time is tight at the moment, hopefully @Samu got on though.

• @mikewb said:

@fprintf said:
    You guys whining about missing the beta are so freaking annoying. Get over yourselves. […]

Whining about people whining. Oh the irony.

Whining about people whining about people whining? We’ve been put into a Loopy Pro 1 bar loop that needs to be re-recorded. Somebody press the “undo” button. 😆

• @wim said:
    Betas are for the benefit of the developer, not the beta testers. Beta testers should have the mindset of volunteers wanting to be a help, not people wanting gratified with an early look. "Fairness" doesn't come into it.

Makes complete sense. However, I do believe early public betas are a win-win for both the developer and the tester. Of course the benefit should be to the person who has invested so much time and energy into development - I can’t even imagine the work that must have gone into this project - it looks fabulous, however I think it is possible to be excited with an early look as well as wanting to help. It is only natural as musicians and artist that we are overly excited by a tool that looks to make a significant contribution to workflow and iOS music in general. I think many, myself included, assumed that the announced public beta would be available for more than a few lucky participants and cut off in minutes. Of courses, when I think about it I can understand not wanting to be overwhelmed by feedback that a true public beta would entail. And I completely agree no one should be “but-hurt” but I empathize with their disappointment. When I first saw the email - oh boy - the rush. Probably a good thing I didn’t get in. I have a 120 page art book I have to design in 7 days. Ugh.

• I totally understand the benefits of a small beta team. But…honest question…why is it called a “public” beta if it’s actually closed to most people? Wikipedia says that “public beta” is synonymous with “open beta.” This beta seems to be neither😁

• edited October 2021

@Shabudua said:
    I totally understand the benefits of a small beta team. But…honest question…why is it called a “public” beta if it’s actually closed to most people? Wikipedia says that “public beta” is synonymous with “open beta.” This beta seems to be neither😁

I think that is what led to a lot of disappointment and frustration as no other public beta that I have been a part of has operated that way. Semantics can be a bitch.

• @GrimLucky said:

Agreed, haven’t tried it as time is tight at the moment, hopefully @Samu got on though.

LOL, Nope, I'm in no rush to be totally honest...
    ...let the 'looper crowd' get the first shot. I'm quite busy with D.

Also I'm more interested in 'sampling' rather than 'looping',
    so if Loopy Pro gets into Koala Territory I'm all in.

I am potentially interested if the Loopy effects are already visible as AUv3's to AUM etc.

As said, no rush and I trust that those already on the beta to do an amazing job tracking down and reporting issues.

Cheers!

• @echoopera said:
    @Michael Good luck with the Beta work. Hope the crew finds all those remaining bugs so we can send you bucket loads of cash for all your hard work :)
    Stay focused everyone! The Release is on the horizon!!!!!

Exactement mon frere...

• @wim said:
    Betas are for the benefit of the developer, not the beta testers. Beta testers should have the mindset of volunteers wanting to be a help, not people simply wanting to be gratified with an early look. "Fairness" doesn't come into it.

Well put ☝️

Good luck with the beta,seems there is a winner in the pipeline.I hope midi clips will make it into Loopy rather sooner than later.

• edited October 2021

@Samu said:

@GrimLucky said:

LOL, Nope, I'm in no rush to be totally honest...
    ...let the 'looper crowd' get the first shot. I'm quite busy with D.

Also I'm more interested in 'sampling' rather than 'looping',
    so if Loopy Pro gets into Koala Territory I'm all in.

I am potentially interested if the Loopy effects are already visible as AUv3's to AUM etc.

As said, no rush and I trust that those already on the beta to do an amazing job tracking down and reporting issues.

Cheers!

I feel a bit guilty as I’m not in the ‘looper crowd’, but I intend to put this through its paces as a sampler and audio track sequencer for AUM, amongst any other ways I can find to use it.

Doesn’t look like the loopy effects are available outside of loopy yet - not sure if that’s the plan.

Let me know if you want me to try anything.

• I received an email but it was a little Before 5am EST, so needless to say by the time I woke up, there wasn’t a nil nada spots left. Lol.

• @gregsmith said:

I feel a bit guilty as I’m not in the ‘looper crowd’, but I intend to put this through its paces as a sampler and audio track sequencer for AUM, amongst any other ways I can find to use it.

No worries, I'm hoping Loopy Pro will at least partially be able to replicate Sample Bot's behavior.
    (That would be my use-case, record various sounds, sequence/loop them in a controlled manner and process thru effects).

Also I'm quite sure performance will be good as the iPad Air 2 is apparently the development device it's being tested on :sunglasses:

Other more advanced uses cases would be to use Loopy Pro as an AUv3 host (ie. skip using AUM, AudioBus & ApeMatrix etc.).

But I'm pretty sure it would turn into feature-creep-deluxe if I were to go all in...

• edited October 2021

@wim said:

Lol. At the butt hurt statement. Been watching workaholics?

• Missed the beta by a few minutes
    I just smiled
    Good luck bug hunting
    And good luck @Michael
    ‘All good things come to he who waits’

• For anyone in the Beta, or Michael, is anybody allowed to post segments of their time with the app? I can wait two more months to get my hands on it, but i'm dying to see this thing in action. I'm sure sharing videos of the app in it's buggy-state is bad publicity, but I feel like posting tiny clips would really help the rest of us hold off till release! If not, happy all this action is happening anyways!

For you Beta-testers- Anyone using/setting up the Launchpad yet?! I'm ready to replace Ableton for Loopy Pro!