Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

polybeat by Corne Driesprong

14567810»

Comments

• @cfour said:
    I did know about the duplicate option, but perhaps for a future update the possibility of dragging a pattern to a different place could be implemented? What I mean is that if I have different patterns (e.g. A,B,C,D,E,F) and I want to have a slightly modified B after G, I do not see a fast way to achieve that. Sure I can duplicate B, but now it is a "C" pattern and not a "G" pattern like I wanted. I think this is an (small) issue when trying to sequence patterns. If I have a 2nd app setup to trigger these patterns (be it atom piano roll or stepbud or any other one) this complicates things a bit, as duplicating B would mess up with how the 2nd app triggers the sequence: I have to change all the notes of the triggering app to accommodate that Bcopy placed after B, instead of just adding a new note at the end with whatever length I want. It can certainly be done, but it adds a number of steps that could be solved by being able to drag patterns to wherever we need them (the other option of course would be being able to paste to whichever pattern we want).

I see your point. I'll look into whether it's feasible to be able to change the snapshot order.

• Polybeat has been crashing within AUM on my iPhone 13 pro (iOS 15.5) the last couple of days. I've lost some historically great techno patterns (lol no). Curious if anyone else is having this trouble.

Despite this little hiccup I'm really enjoying this app for mobile beatmaking. I'll probably get hit by a bus one day tweaking this and FAC Drumkit.

• Sorry, i’m a newbie and i’m trying to use polybeat to trigger playbeat, but the midi mapping is driving me crazy, anyone can help me? I just can’t get what polybeat means with “midi pitch”

• @wRRng said:
    Sorry, i’m a newbie and i’m trying to use polybeat to trigger playbeat, but the midi mapping is driving me crazy, anyone can help me? I just can’t get what polybeat means with “midi pitch”

Have you seen the manual? https://www.cp3.io/polybeat-user-manual.html

"MIDI Pitch" means the MIDI note being output for that lane. For example, 36 is the same as "C2"

• @jimhanks said:

@wRRng said:
    Sorry, i’m a newbie and i’m trying to use polybeat to trigger playbeat, but the midi mapping is driving me crazy, anyone can help me? I just can’t get what polybeat means with “midi pitch”

Have you seen the manual? https://www.cp3.io/polybeat-user-manual.html

"MIDI Pitch" means the MIDI note being output for that lane. For example, 36 is the same as "C2"

Thank you so much, i'll try :)

• edited September 2022

I’m having a few problems with midi messages to Polybeat. I use it in Loopy Pro, and I can successfully set up midi note messages to switch patterns and select tracks, and most sequence operations (randomize, clear, reverse, etc) work fine. But MUTE and SOLO (and these are the ones I need to work) don’t respond to midi messages. They work fine when I manually press them inside the app. Can anyone repeat this bug? I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong since all the other midi messages work flawlessly.

Edit: According to the manual, solo and mute are supposed to respond to note input 26 and 27.

• Am I dumb or is there no way to rearrange the snapshot/song view??? This seems like a HUGE oversight if not, but I may be not seeing something obvious. This sequencer would be absolutely perfect if we had the ability to manage the snapshots in a slightly better way. It doesn't even have to be deep or complex. If we can just add repeats to letters by double tapping or scrolling up on them, or move letters around so we can roughly structure the song. Does anybody have any tips on how to do this more easily than just playing a section and recording it so I can move them around inside cubasis?

• edited November 2022

you could trigger the snapshots in any order you want by using a second sequencer, they can be triggered by midi notes with pitch 0-7

• @cp3 I can’t seem to get the muting via midi input to work? Am I missing a setting or some setup possibly? All other midi inputs seem to work. I have to say, I would really prefer if each of the tack mutes were individually midi mappable. I get that it would be a huge number of assignable parameters if you went with all the parameters on each track but having a select few or even just mutes would make a huge difference in a live setting.

Also, would it be possible to have swing follow a global timing? Currently when you set odd number track lengths against even ones, offbeat notes flam.

• Midi mapping.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvs but is there any way of copying an existing midi map and renaming it?

I want it to drive Splat to Clat and have found that the existing Midi map for Fractal Bits works. So now I just want to copy and rename it as Splat for future use.

Can't seem to find a way....

• @galmandsværk said:
    I’m having a few problems with midi messages to Polybeat. I use it in Loopy Pro, and I can successfully set up midi note messages to switch patterns and select tracks, and most sequence operations (randomize, clear, reverse, etc) work fine. But MUTE and SOLO (and these are the ones I need to work) don’t respond to midi messages. They work fine when I manually press them inside the app. Can anyone repeat this bug? I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong since all the other midi messages work flawlessly.

Edit: According to the manual, solo and mute are supposed to respond to note input 26 and 27.

@cp3 this seems to still be a problem. Do you know what the reason might be?

I’m constantly returning to Polybeat as my favorite tool for programming drums, but - for my use case - it’s a bummer that I can’t mute or solo the tracks via Loopy.