Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MKSensation XTREME : RELEAAAAAASED ! šŸ˜

1235Ā»

Comments

• And it sounds awesome, folks!

• @joegrant413 said:
    And it sounds awesome, folks!

Yes, it does !
    I like the split/layer feature. And the mono leads with legato sound great šŸ˜Š

• Yeah, I have been thinking to do any splits and layers for my virtual keyboards all via AUM. But the MKSensation control and mixers setup makes me think I should just stay on the app itself.

So many presets... would love about great ones to try right away. Esp. piano and Electric Piano sounds.

• Is MKSensation Extreme worth it if I already own Pure Synth Platinum with all IAP?

• @chisel316 said:
    Is MKSensation Extreme worth it if I already own Pure Synth Platinum with all IAP?

I would say Ā«Ā yesĀ Ā» if you intend to play during live gigs (even if itā€™s only for yourself). Because inside MKSx you can host Pure Synth Platinum + Korg Module + Beathawk + Moog model D, create sets and split your keyboard to assign different sounds to zones, or assign MIDI channels to different sounds to pilot each sound with different MIDI controllers.
    Otherwise, if you use PSP to record tracks in Cubasis, then I donā€™t think you need MKSx.
    Only my personal view for courseā€¦

• @Paulo164 said:

@chisel316 said:
    Is MKSensation Extreme worth it if I already own Pure Synth Platinum with all IAP?

I would say Ā«Ā yesĀ Ā» if you intend to play during live gigs (even if itā€™s only for yourself). Because inside MKSx you can host Pure Synth Platinum + Korg Module + Beathawk + Moog model D, create sets and split your keyboard to assign different sounds to zones, or assign MIDI channels to different sounds to pilot each sound with different MIDI controllers.
    Otherwise, if you use PSP to record tracks in Cubasis, then I donā€™t think you need MKSx.

Is it much better than AUM or AB3 for this kind of thing?

• @TimRussell said:

@Paulo164 said:

@chisel316 said:

No, not much better.
    Maybe more straightforward. Ex: for keyboard split, you have an overview of your 8 layers/sounds and you resize the zones directly with the finger :

Also, you have Ā«Ā Live setsĀ Ā» which allows to change the preset very quickly, responding also to program change :

All is almost on the same screen, quickly accessible. So still better for live gigs I think.
    But I have to mitigate the AUv3 stuff by the fact that it is not stable enough in my opinion, certainly not as much as AUM. So donā€™t buy it for being a robust AUv3 host because it wonā€™t be.

• edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Paulo164 Thanks for the reply. How about as a sound module? Is there a lot of overlap in content? Are there any sounds unique to MKS?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2023

@Fingolfinzz said:
    28g compressed, itā€™s about 12g after downloading everything. Havenā€™t quite finished downloading them all yet but Iā€™ll edit this post when I have the total gigs
    Edit: yeah the total comes out to 12.4 gb with everything downloaded

I'm a little bit confused about space I would need now in 2023.
    There is a "51 GB HQ Sound Library" here https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mksensation-xtreme/id1544475311
    Anybody knows how much is it in real? I have only 64GB iPad and would like to have all content saved on internal storage.

• @Paulo164 said:

@TimRussell said:

Maybe more straightforward.
    Also, you have Ā«Ā Live setsĀ Ā» which allows to change the preset very quickly, responding also to program change :
    All is almost on the same screen, quickly accessible. So still better for live gigs I think.
    But I have to mitigate the AUv3 stuff by the fact that it is not stable enough in my opinion, certainly not as much as AUM. So donā€™t buy it for being a robust AUv3 host because it wonā€™t be.

It's been two years since that post, and I know there have been updates, so I was curious about how people would now compare this app's hosting ability to AUM (or Camelot Pro, or Keystage).