Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MKSensation XTREME : RELEAAAAAASED ! 😍

Comments

• edited July 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 28G library for “bread and butter sounds”!!!

• edited July 2021

28g compressed, it’s about 12g after downloading everything. Haven’t quite finished downloading them all yet but I’ll edit this post when I have the total gigs
    Edit: yeah the total comes out to 12.4 gb with everything downloaded

• There’s definitely a place for synths or romplers that have a stock set of sounds for people who just want to play.

• @NeuM said:
    There’s definitely a place for synths or romplers that have a stock set of sounds for people who just want to play.

Exactly! Think of going to Guitar Center and playing the keyboards. You usually pick your top piano, rhodes, strings, and horns and play those mostly. Instant inspiration and of course live setting.

Then the interface is so easy to understand and don't forget you can load AUv3 instruments in one of those buttons so it acts like a Rompler or Synth hub. A bit different from AUM in that it's a bit less routing going on and meant for instant sound.

• Oh yea and at its core, it's a perfect replica in sound for a good MKS-20 piano replacement. Even now those units cost $400 used, so having an MKS Module on your phone and/or iPad for $14.99 is not bad.

• ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Doesn’t work on iOS 15 pb2 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• edited July 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @GospelMusicians said:
    Oh yea and at its core, it's a perfect replica in sound for a good MKS-20 piano replacement. Even now those units cost $400 used, so having an MKS Module on your phone and/or iPad for $14.99 is not bad.

Yeah, but after watching you play I feel like I’m not worthy of buying it 😂😂😂😂😂

• Works on my iPad 6 🤩

• @GospelMusicians thank you for always making great products! Will the thumb drive option be implemented in the next update?

• Had a chance to play around with it finally, really awesome work, @GospelMusicians. I’ll be using this a ton

• @ecstaticax said:
    Doesn’t work on iOS 15 pb2 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Yeah - crashing to Home Screen here too.

• So… is it also auv3 or does it just have the Au hosting ability?

• edited July 2021

@Poppadocrock said:
    So… is it also auv3 or does it just have the Au hosting ability?

It’s AUV3 and standalone.., wow! I didn’t realize it is a host too 😮

• edited July 2021

AU and it will host in standalone

• Po-po-poooww, instabuy for me !! Thanks @GospelMusicians :p

• @dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

Is there any hope it will be patched?

• First problem for me : when selecting "Bluetooth" in the settings, the app closes. So only wired MIDI connection is possible right now for me.
    (iPad M1 12,9" + iOS 14.6)

• @ecstaticax said:

@dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

I’m sure it’ll be fixed, either by a subsequent beta, or by an updated app. Tbh iPadOS 15b2 has other issues too - some apps check and re-download all IAPs each time I launch them. Working fine on my iPadOS 14.6 iPad, and we can’t expect beta point releases to be supported / 100% stable.

• @dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

@dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

I’m sure it’ll be fixed, either by a subsequent beta, or by an updated app. Tbh iPadOS 15b2 has other issues too - some apps check and re-download all IAPs each time I launch them. Working fine on my iPadOS 14.6 iPad, and we can’t expect beta point releases to be supported / 100% stable.

Obviously I know, it's matter of understanding if it's a problem of the app of the OS. I installed on iPhone 14.6, but that's not my music device :-(

• @ecstaticax said:

@dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

@dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

Obviously I know, it's matter of understanding if it's a problem of the app of the OS. I installed on iPhone 14.6, but that's not my music device :-(

If it works on the current iOS and not on the beta, it's obviously a problem of the OS. It becomes a problem of the app once Apple release the new iOS without sorting the issue, but that's another discussion.

• @brambos said:

@ecstaticax said:

@dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

@dpeace said:

@ecstaticax said:

If it works on the current iOS and not on the beta, it's obviously a problem of the OS. It becomes a problem of the app once Apple release the new iOS without sorting the issue, but that's another discussion.

We will see. Perhaps in the next PB the problem will be solved.

• Another issue for me (but it could be also "by design") : the MIDI implementation.
    In Neo-soul keys studio a "Note-on > Note-on > Note-off" sequence shuts off properly the voice.
    In MKSensation Xtreme, the voice is still active and you will need to send an "all notes off" event (panic button) to cut the sound.
    In particular cases, my keyboard can send several note-on events before the note-off. As Neo-soul keys handled this properly, I thought it would be the same with MKS.

Also, I wonder how much is the polyphony amount. I have the sensation that sustained glissandos can quite rapidly cut my bass notes. @GospelMusicians , have you any insight to give about how polyphony is handled and if there is a way to increase it a little (maybe by setting a higher buffer size ?). By the way, thanks for this great app !

I am still testing the app, while the devs are still hot for bug fixing :wink:

• Any iPad Pro 10.5 (2017 2nd gen) users tried this one out yet?

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    @GospelMusicians thank you for always making great products! Will the thumb drive option be implemented in the next update?

Thumb drive option has always been implemented on all of our apps. Is this not working for you?

• edited July 2021

Also, I wonder how much is the polyphony amount. I have the sensation that sustained glissandos can quite rapidly cut my bass notes. @GospelMusicians , have you any insight to give about how polyphony is handled and if there is a way to increase it a little (maybe by setting a higher buffer size ?). By the way, thanks for this great app !

I am still testing the app, while the devs are still hot for bug fixing :wink:

Polyphony for this app seems to be much better and improved. It could be the CPU cutting off. See video here @ time 7:36:

• Hey @GospelMusicians can you confirm whether or not this will work properly on an iPad Pro 10.5 (2nd gen)?

• edited July 2021

@TimRussell said:
    Hey @GospelMusicians can you confirm whether or not this will work properly on an iPad Pro 10.5 (2nd gen)?

UPDATE: The iPad Pro 2nd Gen has 4GB RAM. That should be enough. The issue is the RAM Requirements.