Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MKSensation XTREME : RELEAAAAAASED ! 😍

Comments

• Latest mks update on AppStore works with iOS 15 pb3!

• Got my mini SSD, lovely!

• edited July 2021

@ecstaticax said:
    Latest mks update on AppStore works with iOS 15 pb3!

I saw that too. Hurrah! Now I just need 12GB of free space…

• edited July 2021

Hi everybody!
    Need some help; I can not get a sound from Neo-Soul KS2, and fro Pure Synth loaded as plugin. I've checked a lot other units, they work with one limitation — internal keyboards of plugins are not working with exception of Vintage Electric. But still can't get it right with other GM apps.
    Greetings.

P.S. Colossus Piano is not ready to use, either.

• edited July 2021

Now that I’m a part of the SSD streaming world I wish the other apps that are over 1gb could reduce their app package and allow for SSD streaming of samples. e.g. Chomplr, SynthMaster 2, etc.

• @VoytecG said:
    Hi everybody!
    Need some help; I can not get a sound from Neo-Soul KS2, and fro Pure Synth loaded as plugin. I've checked a lot other units, they work with one limitation — internal keyboards of plugins are not working with exception of Vintage Electric. But still can't get it right with other GM apps.
    Greetings.

This might not be the right thread. Why start a new one and we can help you troubleshoot the issues if you still have plugins playing up after a restart?

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Got my mini SSD, lovely!

Nice ! Which one did you get ?

• edited July 2021

@gusgranite said:

@VoytecG said:
    Hi everybody!
    Greetings.

This might not be the right thread. Why start a new one and we can help you troubleshoot the issues if you still have plugins playing up after a restart?

thanks for an answer.
    Now, it changed. I see, that I have to be very careful with channels, and overall setup. But everything is "hit and watch". Tomorrow I'll have a hard day; have to check everything for upcoming rehearsals. As the user of the Keystage, I'm going to use it as the host, but again, I have some trouble in channel routing also.
    Cheers

• edited July 2021

@Thepixelproducers said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Got my mini SSD, lovely!

🤩 it’s small like a thumb drive.
    JOIOT 120G Portable External SSD USB 3.1 Type C Flash Drive External Solid State Drive, Portable SSD Type A to C Cable for PC/Laptop/Mac/Android/Linux https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CV6Z1NW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_AG9G36Y8E9PSDTHWRZ4J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Thepixelproducers said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Got my mini SSD, lovely!

JOIOT 120G Portable External SSD USB 3.1 Type C Flash Drive External Solid State Drive, Portable SSD Type A to C Cable for PC/Laptop/Mac/Android/Linux https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CV6Z1NW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_AG9G36Y8E9PSDTHWRZ4J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

How have you found its performance?
    Any delay in loading sounds?

• @TimRussell said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Thepixelproducers said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Got my mini SSD, lovely!

@TimRussell said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Thepixelproducers said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Got my mini SSD, lovely!

No delays, so far so good!

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We have an update pending that fixes the majority of all of the main issues mentioned:
    1. BlueTooth MIDI now works
    2. CPU with plugins now reduced
    3. Crashing when switching presets fixed
    4. Other Misc Crashes fixed
    5. You can now use many of the synthesis techniques on plugins, which is very rare for any app to do
    6. Loading presets and LiveSets are less than a second and maximum 1.5 seconds
    7. Will be adding in the future a Polyphony drop-down to choose your poly depending on your device
    8. Future updates....NOTHING PROMISED...Working on hosting effects plugins as well.

Hello,
    I confirm that everything is now much more stable. No more CPU issues with AUv3 loading, no crash. Thank you a lot !
    Just waiting for the polyphony update and it will be perfect :smile:

• Hello everyone, I have the problem that Au3 hosting does not work in Daw like Zenbeats, no Auv3s are displayed for selection! !! …… everything works in the standalone version. !!! I am using an IPad Air 3

• @XSoundmetzger said:
    Hello everyone, I have the problem that Au3 hosting does not work in Daw like Zenbeats, no Auv3s are displayed for selection! !! …… everything works in the standalone version. !!! I am using an IPad Air 3

AUv3's can not host other AUv3's...

• @Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:
    Hello everyone, I have the problem that Au3 hosting does not work in Daw like Zenbeats, no Auv3s are displayed for selection! !! …… everything works in the standalone version. !!! I am using an IPad Air 3

Otherwise it would be AUv3’s all the way down!

• @XSoundmetzger said:

@NeuM said:

@Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:

if Auv3 hosting is really not possible under Auv3 host like AUM, then it would be very, very unfortunate ☹️ because I bought MKSensation because of this possibility ☹️

• @NeuM said:

@Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:

if Auv3 hosting is really not possible under Auv3 host like AUM, then it would be very, very unfortunate ☹️ because I bought MKSensation because of this possibility ☹️

• @XSoundmetzger said:

That is the way it is for now...
    ...and it's not something @GospelMusicians can fix unless they take a trip to Apple HQ and convince Apple that support AUv3's hosting other AUv3's is something they need to add to a future version of iOS/iPadOS...

• @Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:

...and it's not something @GospelMusicians can fix unless they take a trip to Apple HQ and convince Apple that support AUv3's hosting other AUv3's is something they need to add to a future version of iOS/iPadOS...

Yeah, I don't think this is related to MKSensation Xtreme nor @GospelMusicians. AUv3 hosts just can't host AUv3 hosts.

• @Paulo164 said:

@Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:

Yeah, I don't think this is related to MKSensation Xtreme nor @GospelMusicians. AUv3 hosts just can't host AUv3 hosts.

Yes, it's a shame !!! ☹️. in Interapp mode, MKSensation can already host Auv3 hosts?

• @XSoundmetzger said:

Yes, it's a shame !!! ☹️. in Interapp mode, MKSensation can already host Auv3 hosts?

No, It can only host other AUv3 plug-ins (instruments and effects).
    There are no 'Hosts AUv3's' that can host other 'AUv3's' simply because it's not possible to do it!

Depending on how many instances of MKSenstion Xtreme you need you might be able to load a session hosting AUv3's as an IAA Generator into AUM (That is if MKSenstation Xtreme still supports IAA with is by now a deprecated technology).

As far as I've understood MKSensation Xtreme is more of a 'performance tool', rather than 'use multiple instances as an AUv3 instrument in a host'.

PureSynth might be a better choice as you can load multiple instances of it and use the host to apply the AUv3 effects when needed...

• @Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:

There are no 'Hosts AUv3's' that can host other 'AUv3's' simply because it's not possible to do it!

Depending on how many instances of MKSenstion Xtreme you need you might be able to load a session hosting AUv3's as an IAA Generator into AUM (That is if MKSenstation Xtreme still supports IAA with is by now a deprecated technology).

As far as I've understood MKSensation Xtreme is more of a 'performance tool', rather than 'use multiple instances as an AUv3 instrument in a host'.

PureSynth might be a better choice as you can load multiple instances of it and use the host to apply the AUv3 effects when needed...

Oops, I've made a mistake! 🙄..I meant, of course, the MKSensation as an Interapp instance loaded in AUM, which enables Auv3 plugins to be loaded! ... and were there, or aren't there also plug-ins based on Vst or Auv3 for Mac or PC plug-ins that are themselves plug-in hosts?

• @XSoundmetzger said:

@Samu said:

@XSoundmetzger said:

Oops, I've made a mistake! 🙄..I meant, of course, the MKSensation as an Interapp instance loaded in AUM, which enables Auv3 plugins to be loaded! ... and were there, or aren't there also plug-ins based on Vst or Auv3 for Mac or PC plug-ins that are themselves plug-in hosts?

Yes, on Mac and PC. No, for iOS. It does not support it, period.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We have an update pending that fixes the majority of all of the main issues mentioned:
    1. BlueTooth MIDI now works
    2. CPU with plugins now reduced
    3. Crashing when switching presets fixed
    4. Other Misc Crashes fixed
    5. You can now use many of the synthesis techniques on plugins, which is very rare for any app to do
    6. Loading presets and LiveSets are less than a second and maximum 1.5 seconds
    7. Will be adding in the future a Polyphony drop-down to choose your poly depending on your device
    8. Future updates....NOTHING PROMISED...Working on hosting effects plugins as well.

Hi @GospelMusicians ,
    I just saw you released an update 2 days ago. I am still limited to 12 notes of polyphony with my iPad Pro M1 (or 32 notes with some sounds). Any idea of when you will add the possibility to set poly in the options menu ? Thank you very much !

• Oh, I just opened MKSensation Xtreme last night a realized that a new menu appeared, allowing to choose the polyphony between 32, 64 and 128 voices !
    I have not tried yet to test the real effectiveness of this but do hope it will be alright !
    Thank you so much @GospelMusicians :blush:

• Can anyone confirm if this works properly on iOS 15.1?

• @TimRussell said:
    Can anyone confirm if this works properly on iOS 15.1?

Like a charm.

• edited November 2021

So my take away from what I’m reading is we got a $12.99 app that is possibly the best ROMpler available on iOS, but it’s buggy.

So it might be worth it for me.