Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MKSensation XTREME : RELEAAAAAASED ! 😍

Comments

• @GospelMusicians said:

@TimRussell said:
    Hey @GospelMusicians can you confirm whether or not this will work properly on an iPad Pro 10.5 (2nd gen)?

UPDATE: The iPad Pro 2nd Gen has 4GB RAM. That should be enough. The issue is the RAM Requirements.

That’s great news, thanks.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    @GospelMusicians thank you for always making great products! Will the thumb drive option be implemented in the next update?

Thumb drive option has always been implemented on all of our apps. Is this not working for you?

It’s not working for me, How do I implement it?

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    @GospelMusicians thank you for always making great products! Will the thumb drive option be implemented in the next update?

Thumb drive option has always been implemented on all of our apps. Is this not working for you?

Do I have to be using an iPad Pro an order for the thumb drive to work?

• edited July 2021

@Paulo164 said:
    First problem for me : when selecting "Bluetooth" in the settings, the app closes. So only wired MIDI connection is possible right now for me.
    (iPad M1 12,9" + iOS 14.6)

Same here!
    iPad Pro M1 12,9" 2TB, iPadOS 14.6

• @Iskander said:

@Paulo164 said:
    First problem for me : when selecting "Bluetooth" in the settings, the app closes. So only wired MIDI connection is possible right now for me.

Same here!

Yeah, as a workaround : select your midi Bluetooth from another app, then inside MKSx, select your BT device as midi in.

• @GospelMusicians said:

Also, I wonder how much is the polyphony amount. I have the sensation that sustained glissandos can quite rapidly cut my bass notes. @GospelMusicians , have you any insight to give about how polyphony is handled and if there is a way to increase it a little (maybe by setting a higher buffer size ?). By the way, thanks for this great app !

I am still testing the app, while the devs are still hot for bug fixing :wink:

Polyphony for this app seems to be much better and improved. It could be the CPU cutting off. See video here @ time 7:36:

Thank you @GospelMusicians for your feedback.
    Okay, I measured precisely the polyphony amount for both NSK2 and MKS Xtreme, while holding notes :

• NSK2 = 64 notes
    • MKSx = 32 notes

Measures done with only 1 sound over 6/8 and I am on a brand new iPad Pro M1 12,9’’.
    So I think the polyphony amount is limited by design to 32 notes but could be increased to 64 without harm or let to user preference inside the audio options menu ;)

• Can anyone suggest a SSD drive for regular the iPad that works well with Gospel Musicians apps?

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    AU and it will host in standalone

Cheers. I thought so but took me awhile to find confirmation.

I’m thinking about a new synth and this is up there, maybe synthmaster 2? Can’t decide. 2 different types of instruments, I know…

• edited July 2021

@GospelMusicians the release of this app has got some of us considering getting external storage.
    Can you recommend any particular models of SSD/thumb drive that work well with all your apps for streaming the samples in real-time?
    Do they need to have a minimum read speed?

• @TimRussell said:
    @GospelMusicians the release of this app has got some of us considering getting external storage.
    Can you recommend any particular models of SSD/thumb drive that work well with all your apps for streaming the samples in real-time?
    Do they need to have a minimum read speed?

I use a regular SanDisk Extreme SSD with Pure Synth and Neo Soul and I there is barely a difference when you switch patches as compared to internal storage.

• @Paulo164 said:

@Iskander said:

@Paulo164 said:

Same here!

Yeah, as a workaround : select your midi Bluetooth from another app, then inside MKSx, select your BT device as midi in.

Many thanks! The workaround works!

• edited July 2021

@Iskander said:

@Paulo164 said:

@Iskander said:

@Paulo164 said:

Same here!

Many thanks! The workaround works!

Now, I have the impression that having installed MKS has also unregistered all my AUs except some Apple ones. Could you check if it’s also the case for you ? Thanks.

EDIT : after restarting the iPad, everything is back in order.

• edited July 2021

When using MKS in an AU host (ApeMatrix), I have crackles every 2 secondes. Not in standalone mode.

It is this opposite of SynthMaster 2 where crackles only occur in standalone mode.

This problem is probably related to the new iPad Pro + iOS + Apple, not on dev side.

Let’s hope iOS 15 will solve this !

• @Paulo164 said:
    When using MKS in an AU host (ApeMatrix), I have crackles every 2 secondes. Not in standalone mode.

It is this opposite of SynthMaster 2 where crackles only occur in standalone mode.

This problem is probably related to the new iPad Pro + iOS + Apple, not on dev side.

Let’s hope iOS 15 will solve this !

On iOS15 mks does not even start 😭

• I have tested thoroughly the AUv3 hosting feature but it is a real crackles fest. With Ravenscroft, the CPU meter goes up to 100% with just 1 note 😅 Anybody experiencing the same thing ? I tried on my iPad M1 and iPhone XS…

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2021

@BCKeys said:
    Any feedback about MKS on older iPads ? I own an Air3.
    You think that the problems mentioned are due to hardware limitations or natural bugs from a V1 ?

Clearly, I think the reason is a "poor" implementation of AUv3 hosting. By "poor", I mean that maybe the code has been compiled "as is" from a VST version without any iOS optimisation. But I have no additional clue...

• We have an update pending that fixes the majority of all of the main issues mentioned:
    1. BlueTooth MIDI now works
    2. CPU with plugins now reduced
    3. Crashing when switching presets fixed
    4. Other Misc Crashes fixed
    5. You can now use many of the synthesis techniques on plugins, which is very rare for any app to do
    6. Loading presets and LiveSets are less than a second and maximum 1.5 seconds
    7. Will be adding in the future a Polyphony drop-down to choose your poly depending on your device
    8. Future updates....NOTHING PROMISED...Working on hosting effects plugins as well.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We have an update pending that fixes the majority of all of the main issues mentioned:
    5. You can now use many of the synthesis techniques on plugins, which is very rare for any app to do
    7. Will be adding in the future a Polyphony drop-down to choose your poly depending on your device
    8. Future updates....NOTHING PROMISED...Working on hosting effects plugins as well.

Hi! Which thumb drives work with MKS?

• edited July 2021

Any Thumb drive will work. I would choose the fastest and highest quality ones.

We tested it before and Thunb drives work, but they are slower to load and you may need to adjust the streaming mode.

• @GospelMusicians said:

Any Thumb drive will work. I would choose the fastest and highest quality ones.

We tested it before and Thunb drives work, but they are slower to load and you may need to adjust the streaming mode.

Is it better to use an SSD rather than thumb drive? And do thumb drives work with all the recent GM apps or just MKSX?

• Initially we never endorsed using Thumb drives, because of the speed, so we ruled it out completely. Then we bought one and tried it and it loaded much slower, but still worked. We still don't endorse it, but if that is all you have then it will work. You may need to go into settings and change your streaming mode, but then again that will increase your RAM.

With that said it is always better to use an SSD drive as Thumb drives are the slowest you can get.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We have an update pending that fixes the majority of all of the main issues mentioned:

All great news ! Thanks 🙏👍

Another bug I think : Detune => when the number of voices is odd, there is no detuning. Only for even number of voices.
    I also encountered a situation where items could not be selected in the dropdown lists (any) :

I tapped but the selection remained unchanged. I don’t know how to reproduce this however…
    Thanks again.

• edited July 2021

@Paulo164

We will look into this, but please remember it's always better to report bugs to the website.

• @GospelMusicians said:

Indeed, I don’t know of any other app capable of this ! Very ambitious. Yet, it has to be solid and stable now 🤞

• @Paulo164 said:

@GospelMusicians said:

Indeed, I don’t know of any other app capable of this ! Very ambitious. Yet, it has to be solid and stable now 🤞

There is no bug on the Detuning....It is a cyclical thing with cancellation. You need to Adjust the Blend Mode which is under the Spread. Our Detuning is modeled after the JP Saw.

• @GospelMusicians said:

There is no bug on the Detuning....It is a cyclical thing with cancellation. You need to Adjust the Blend Mode which is under the Spread. Our Detuning is modeled after the JP Saw.

Ok, sorry I didn’t know! Please forgive here my ignorance 🙏
    I will wait first for the next release then will send remaining error feedback (if any) directly to the website.
    For people who are wondering, we are dealing here with error reports of a v1.0 release but the sounds from this synth are crazy, with instant beautiful leads and pads !
    Cheers.

• edited July 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2021

iOS15 pb3 released yesterday. MKS still not working.

• Got my thumb drive to work, thank you!