Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COMING SOON from ToneBoosters

Comments

• Why would you love to be proven wrong? SM2 is surely one of the best plugins right now available.... I think the stepping into this territory would be really great! what are you longing for, Samu ;)

@Samu said:

@DJB said:
    It's coming! We have delayed the release somewhat because we're adding some additional, very exciting features.... Stay tuned!

Well, well, it will be really interesting to see how it stacks up to all the other offerings currently available.
    Feel free to hint about these 'exiting features' :sunglasses:

My initial impression based on the vaguely available info is that it will be something similar to FabFilter Twin 2 or maybe even step into Synthmaster 2 territory but I'd love to be proven wrong here...

• @david_2017 said:
    Why would you love to be proven wrong? SM2 is surely one of the best plugins right now available.... I think the stepping into this territory would be really great! what are you longing for, Samu ;)

A pretty fully featured VA + Samples 'thing'? (The amount of presets and factory content is of less interest...).
    Something like the ES2 or Alchemy in Logic Pro could be neat?

SM2 is good but when it comes to managing imported samples/wave-tables it's a bit lacking...
    ...then again that is NOT the primary use-case for SM2 so I'm not expecting any miracles but at least being able to create new wave-tables based on the already imported samples should be doable?
    (I think it's a missing feature since the SM2 additive oscillator can easily re-use already imported materials).

What I'm looking forward to with this TB thing is a 'clean UI' like the rest of their apps which I love to use.
    I can't use SM2 for an extended periods without getting eye-strain as the UI is a bit 'too busy'.

I have no doubts that TB Polyphony will become a work horse for me just like the rest of their apps...
    (For sampling I can always use BM3, SunVox etc. and use the synth as 'Sampler Fodder').

Cheers!

• Oh cool, yeah Alchemy sort of territory would be golden ;)
    I like Serum (when I see it in tutorials and stuff, seems to be so straight forward and well thought through - I don't have it/own it)

I will keep an eye on this release tho. take care, man!

@Samu said:

@david_2017 said:
    Why would you love to be proven wrong? SM2 is surely one of the best plugins right now available.... I think the stepping into this territory would be really great! what are you longing for, Samu ;)

A pretty fully featured VA + Samples 'thing'? (The amount of presets and factory content is of less interest...).
    Something like the ES2 or Alchemy in Logic Pro could be neat?

SM2 is good but when it comes to managing imported samples/wave-tables it's a bit lacking...
    ...then again that is NOT the primary use-case for SM2 so I'm not expecting any miracles but at least being able to create new wave-tables based on the already imported samples should be doable?
    (I think it's a missing feature since the SM2 additive oscillator can easily re-use already imported materials).

What I'm looking forward to with this TB thing is a 'clean UI' like the rest of their apps which I love to use.
    I can't use SM2 for an extended periods without getting eye-strain as the UI is a bit 'too busy'.

I have no doubts that TB Polyphony will become a work horse for me just like the rest of their apps...
    (For sampling I can always use BM3, SunVox etc. and use the synth as 'Sampler Fodder').

Cheers!

• Can’t wait. Audiobus members, please don’t ask for more features until after it’s released lol

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Can’t wait. Audiobus members, please don’t ask for more features until after it’s released lol

Agreed, I need something fresh to mess around with :sunglasses:
    Hopefully it'll drop soon...

• @Samu said:

@DJB said:
    It's coming! We have delayed the release somewhat because we're adding some additional, very exciting features.... Stay tuned!

Well, well, it will be really interesting to see how it stacks up to all the other offerings currently available.
    Feel free to hint about these 'exiting features' :sunglasses:

My initial impression based on the vaguely available info is that it will be something similar to FabFilter Twin 2 or maybe even step into Synthmaster 2 territory but I'd love to be proven wrong here...

I’d love to see someone use formants in a more interesting and interactive way. GeoShred does a bit of it with their Frippertronics sounds.

• @NeuM said:

I’d love to see someone use formants in a more interesting and interactive way. GeoShred does a bit of it with their Frippertronics sounds.

For formants (if we're talking about formant filters) a couple of step-sequencers controlling the parameters could go a long way, remember the 'speech' in Thor? (I am Thor). That was created using a formant filter and some clever sequencing :)

An interesting thing would be to have X&Y pads (4 different corner values) where the X&Y positions can be sequenced (or snap-shotted to a sequence step). This would make it easy to 'try out' filter/value combinations and sequence them.

In Logic Pro the ES2 synth has a nice 3 cornered vector mixer that can be sequenced and values can optionally be interpolated between sequence steps (or jump directly to value) and the duration for each step can be individually set (1ms per step being the shortest duration).

Sadly the ES2 synth as not yet received the 'Retina Treatment' like most other Logic Plugs have making it a head-ache inducing experience with a blurry UI...

But enough with new cool 'things', lets see this thing in action soonish :)

• @Samu said:

@NeuM said:

For formants (if we're talking about formant filters) a couple of step-sequencers controlling the parameters could go a long way, remember the 'speech' in Thor? (I am Thor). That was created using a formant filter and some clever sequencing :)

An interesting thing would be to have X&Y pads (4 different corner values) where the X&Y positions can be sequenced (or snap-shotted to a sequence step). This would make it easy to 'try out' filter/value combinations and sequence them.

In Logic Pro the ES2 synth has a nice 3 cornered vector mixer that can be sequenced and values can optionally be interpolated between sequence steps (or jump directly to value) and the duration for each step can be individually set (1ms per step being the shortest duration).

Sadly the ES2 synth as not yet received the 'Retina Treatment' like most other Logic Plugs have making it a head-ache inducing experience with a blurry UI...

But enough with new cool 'things', lets see this thing in action soonish :)

I’d like to see someone combine the chording functions of a stenotype with a musical instrument.

• @NeuM said:

I’d like to see someone combine the chording functions of a stenotype with a musical instrument.

Did you ever check out the classic Polychord or Chordion?

• edited July 2021

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:

I guess. Now I’ll have to bring out that Chordion..

• @RajahP said:

I guess. Now I have to bring out that Chordion..

Do so, it's easy to loose track of time jamming with the app, very, very meditative :)

• edited July 2021

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:

>
    >

Interesting, but what I meant was a musical instrument which would blend the stenotype function to form words at the same time as a person either whistles or hums or combines with a performing instrument to use formant filters to shape the sound. Functionally the reverse of a Talk Box.

• @Samu said:

@RajahP said:

I guess. Now I have to bring out that Chordion..

Do so, it's easy to loose track of time jamming with the app, very, very meditative :)

Yep.. had it all of the time and never really dug into it.. nice..

• Here's a sneak preview of one out of two effects tabs (iPhone)... We're getting there :-)

As you can see we've implemented various suggestions expressed here, such as uni/bipolar LFOs, ability to multiply LFO with envelopes, beat/host/key sync options, etc

• @DJB said:
    Here's a sneak preview of one out of two effects tabs (iPhone)... We're getting there :-)

As you can see we've implemented various suggestions expressed here, such as uni/bipolar LFOs, ability to multiply LFO with envelopes, beat/host/key sync options, etc

Insert Homer drooling noise

• @DJB said:
    Here's a sneak preview of one out of two effects tabs (iPhone)... We're getting there :-)

Very cool. 👍

• That just looks sexy AF!!!!!

• ooooooooh!
    I am so looking forward to this. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

• edited July 2021

@NeuM said:

@Samu said:

@NeuM said:

>
    >

Interesting, but what I meant was a musical instrument which would blend the stenotype function to form words at the same time as a person either whistles or hums or combines with a performing instrument to use formant filters to shape the sound. Functionally the reverse of a Talk Box.

The Voder, 1939.

• ^ Hmm!

• @DJB said:

I like the look and the layout. I don’t need another synth but… 😆

• @anickt said:

@DJB said:

Knowing Toneboosters, they’ll make it worth the purchase.

• I also don’t need another synth but… Got my money.

• Speaking of.. is there any hint about the price?

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Speaking of.. is there any hint about the price?

No idea, but if the competition is our guide, probably in the $10-15 range?

• This should be renamed to COMING LATER :)

Will there be a desktop version btw?

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Speaking of.. is there any hint about the price?

• @anickt said:

@DJB said:

Yes you do. 😁

• @onerez said:

@anickt said:

@DJB said:

Yes you do. 😁

🤪 I was thinking, we really don’t need more synths on iOS. What we do need is a good solid DAW and good solid auxiliary equipment to run all the synths that we already have. I’ve got enough sound sources to last me for the next 5000 years, but still no audio tracks in NS2. 😭