Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COMING SOON from ToneBoosters

Comments

• @ahallam said:

@sharifkerbage said:
    Speaking of.. is there any hint about the price?

omg, I died 😂

• @anickt said:

@onerez said:

@anickt said:

@DJB said:
    Here's a sneak preview of one out of two effects tabs (iPhone)... We're getting there :-)

As you can see we've implemented various suggestions expressed here, such as uni/bipolar LFOs, ability to multiply LFO with envelopes, beat/host/key sync options, etc

I like the look and the layout. I don’t need another synth but… 😆

Yes you do. 😁

🤪 I was thinking, we really don’t need more synths on iOS. What we do need is a good solid DAW and good solid auxiliary equipment to run all the synths that we already have. I’ve got enough sound sources to last me for the next 5000 years, but still no audio tracks in NS2. 😭

I know I know. But I can help it. Heck I have bought some synths and played with them once and never used them in a tune.

• @onerez said:

@anickt said:

@onerez said:

@anickt said:

@DJB said:
    Here's a sneak preview of one out of two effects tabs (iPhone)... We're getting there :-)

As you can see we've implemented various suggestions expressed here, such as uni/bipolar LFOs, ability to multiply LFO with envelopes, beat/host/key sync options, etc

I like the look and the layout. I don’t need another synth but… 😆

Yes you do. 😁

🤪 I was thinking, we really don’t need more synths on iOS. What we do need is a good solid DAW and good solid auxiliary equipment to run all the synths that we already have. I’ve got enough sound sources to last me for the next 5000 years, but still no audio tracks in NS2. 😭

I know I know. But I can help it. Heck I have bought some synths and played with them once and never used them in a tune.

I’ve NEVER done that. 🤭🤭🤭🤭

• @onerez said:

LMAO

• @NeuM said:

@onerez said:

LMAO

+1

• @DJB said:

Sweet!

Is that little 'waveform window' for visualizing the current state of the LFO or can it be tapped to manually 'draw' a custom LFO waveform? If that's a yes, does the LFO also have a one-shot mode?

Sorry, sorry, sorry for feature-creeps, but this is shaping up to be one heck of a synth :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• @onerez said:

Luckily I don't have a soul. Neither does anyone else for that matter🙃

• @charalew said:

@onerez said:

Well if you can manage to find someone to buy it you can have a FREE SYNTH.

• I buy souls all the time. Hope one time it will be mine, the one i sold a while ago.
    Been trying to buy it back for a while now.

• @charalew said:

@onerez said:

soul : ψύχειν psýkhein : to breathe … don’t you breathe ?

• I’ll exchange one soul for a Prophet-5

• edited July 2021

@Samu said:

@DJB said:

Sweet!

Is that little 'waveform window' for visualizing the current state of the LFO or can it be tapped to manually 'draw' a custom LFO waveform? If that's a yes, does the LFO also have a one-shot mode?

Sorry, sorry, sorry for feature-creeps, but this is shaping up to be one heck of a synth :sunglasses:

Cheers!

I’m really glad you’re requesting features @samu as toneboosters seem super receptive to requests and I don’t really know what to ask for. I can see this being a great sounding, workhorse of a synth.

• @gregsmith said:

I’m really glad you’re requesting features @samu as toneboosters seem super receptive to requests and I don’t really know what to ask for. I can see this being a great sounding, workhorse of a synth.

Have so say I love to slick and clean look of the TB apps!

I mean I've got SM2 but its UI hurts my eyes after 10-15 minutes of use and the UI is not super 'touch friendly'.
    (ie. it likely needs the Apple Pencil due to the size of the controllers but that won't work with my iPad Air 2).

Hopefully the next few 'teasers' prior to release that @DJB posts will feature the oscillators and maybe a few sound clips :sunglasses:

Based on all currently available screenshots I think I'm done with the questions/requests for now...
    ...this is why I'm waiting for the manual/user-guide to drop but I suspect it's already very well thought out :)

• Hope it can still be a good screen synth ( think Iv said this before lol ) but dosent matter if needing to midi map. Its not like you need to tweak billions of parameters live. Especially if other synth are all plucky. Think I just need to evolve from tweaking lfo but also map lfos. Apps got decent lfo system, I see.

• @DJB said:

Looks nice… like Hammerhead’s brother..

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    I’ll exchange one soul for a Prophet-5

Trust me… keep the soul. ;)

• edited July 2021

In high school I got a guy to sign over his soul to me on paper once for some small favor. It was like the tell-tale heart and its possession gnawed at my conscience something fierce for a few weeks. I finally gave it back.

Maybe I’m on the superstitious side, but there are some things you just don’t trifle with.

• @oat_phipps said:
    In high school I got a guy to sign over his soul to me on paper once for some small favor. It was like the tell-tale heart and its possession gnawed at my conscience something fierce for a few weeks. I finally gave it back.

Maybe I’m on the superstitious side, but there are some things you just don’t trifle with.

It’s all fun and games until someone loses a soul.

• edited July 2021

@NeuM said:
    ^ Hmm!

Skeptical?

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@NeuM said:
    ^ Hmm!

Skeptical?

No, the opposite.

• @NeuM said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

You’re right, I should save it for a massive modular setup

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@NeuM said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

You’re right, I should save it for a massive modular setup

Ha!

• @NeuM said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@NeuM said:
    ^ Hmm!

Skeptical?

No, the opposite.

They had some good gear back then.

• @DJB said:
    It's coming! We have delayed the release somewhat because we're adding some additional, very exciting features.... Stay tuned!

That’s cool, thanks for the heads up.

• One more observation...

@DJB Can the LFO start-phase be modulated/set by velocity?

This is a very specific 'performance thing' for slow pulse-width or filter sweeps, low velocity starts LFO at 90-degrees (ex. thin pulse & open filter) while higher velocities get closer to square (0-degrees) or almost closed filter or vice versa.

Also can we map CC/AUParam to toggle the 'switch' to re-start LFO?
    It's is something I 'automate' in Gadget (Some notes set the start-phase while others don't and let the LFO run free).

These 'questions' are in no way intended to postpone the release, just an expression of genuine interest of what is shaping to be one of the most approachable but yet 'deep enough' synth's in a long while.

Cheerts, looking forward to taking this one for a spin :)
    /Samuel

• edited July 2021

@Samu said:
    One more observation...

@DJB Can the LFO start-phase be modulated/set by velocity?

This is a very specific 'performance thing' for slow pulse-width or filter sweeps, low velocity starts LFO at 90-degrees (ex. thin pulse & open filter) while higher velocities get closer to square (0-degrees) or almost closed filter or vice versa.

Also can we map CC/AUParam to toggle the 'switch' to re-start LFO?
    It's is something I 'automate' in Gadget (Some notes set the start-phase while others don't and let the LFO run free).

These 'questions' are in no way intended to postpone the release, just an expression of genuine interest of what is shaping to be one of the most approachable but yet 'deep enough' synth's in a long while.

Cheerts, looking forward to taking this one for a spin :)
    /Samuel

Yes, please no more delays for this. Extra features can always be added or fine tuned later.

• Coming soon in July, 2021 or 2022 ?