Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

COMING SOON from ToneBoosters

Comments

• C> @DJB said:

Couple of features that will be available - thanks much for feedback and suggestions:

• Loopable ADSRs and envelopes
    • Unipolar LFOs
    • Great variety of non-linear filters
    • LFOs that can control the speed of LFOs (including modulating themselves!)

Awesome. I hope there’s space left for the randomizer 🎲 button :smiley:

• @DJB said:
    Couple of features that will be available - thanks much for feedback and suggestions:

• Loopable ADSRs and envelopes
    • Unipolar LFOs
    • Great variety of non-linear filters
    • LFOs that can control the speed of LFOs (including modulating themselves!)

Goodie!

What about control over ’start phase’ of the LFOs waveform when key-sync is enabled?

This is a pretty handy feature to control where in the cycle the modulation starts when controling for example filter cutoff or pulse width.

Do the LFOs have a delay/fade in that gradually brings in the modulation?
    (Another option is to waste an envelope to control the modulation depth).

Do the oscillators have an option to restart/set the phase on each note in addition to being ’free running’?

I know sync can he used to sync the phase of the oscillators but being able to ’reset/set’ the start phase gives a bit mote ’static’ character to the sound as the oscillators start at a precise position every time. (On the classic SID chip the test-bit in addition to pitch could be used to set the start phase).

When using for example a trinagle or sine-wave as the source oscillator the start-phase can be used to add a percussive ’click’ to the sound since that waveform doesn’t start at absolute zero.

Is the ’waveform type’ available as a modulation destination?
    (For example use an LFO to cycle or sweep thru the available oscillator waveforms).

Is there a ’step sequencer’ that we can use as a modulation source similar to LFOs and Envelopes?

Sorry for geeking out but I’m really excited to so what this ’thin’ brings to the table :)

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• That's a long list... To partially answer your questions (we don't want to give everything away yet): LFOs will have a start phase and key-on resyncing feature (how could a synth do without ;-))

• edited June 2021

@DJB said:
    That's a long list... To partially answer your questions (we don't want to give everything away yet): LFOs will have a start phase and key-on resyncing feature (how could a synth do without ;-))

Perfectly ok, and yeah, I’m puzzled why many synths ship without it…

Any ETA on the release?
    (It’s WWDC’21 next week so after that is perfectly ok with me so I can focus on the relevant sessions without ’distractions’).

• I need this ASAP.
    Thanks.

Imagine this synth together with the new Hammerhead 🤤

• We'll be adding a bunch of additional features before the release... Coz what's a synth without an intuitive and flexible sequencer?

• @jolico said:
    I need this ASAP.
    Thanks.

What is the ”new hammerhead”?

• @DJB said:
    We'll be adding a bunch of additional features before the release... Coz what's a synth without an intuitive and flexible sequencer?

:+1:
    Take your time guys and make it good

• @DJB said:
    We'll be adding a bunch of additional features before the release... Coz what's a synth without an intuitive and flexible sequencer?

Oh no! Now I’m officially on the bandwagon

• @DJB said:

Is this sequencer polyphonic? (ie. able to trigger chords?).
    Does it 'double' as an arpeggiator? (I'm head over heels over the arpeggiators in Virsyn and IceGear apps).
    Can the sequence be triggered and transposed using the keyboard? (Similar to the classic SH-101?)

Please do let us know when there's a User Manual available for us to drool over :D

Even though we don't know the ETA yet I just got some gift-cards so I'll hopefully be ready by the time it drops...

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• Sounds kool! 👍😺🚀

• @Gus82 said:

@jolico said:
    I need this ASAP.
    Thanks.

What is the ”new hammerhead”?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45369/hammerhead-bram-bos/p1

• @Samu said:

@DJB said:

Does it 'double' as an arpeggiator? (I'm head over heels over the arpeggiators in Virsyn and IceGear apps).
    Can the sequence be triggered and transposed using the keyboard? (Similar to the classic SH-101?)

Please do let us know when there's a User Manual available for us to drool over :D

Even though we don't know the ETA yet I just got some gift-cards so I'll hopefully be ready by the time it drops...

Cheers!
    /Samuel

Yes yes and yes :-)

The sequencer will be polyphonic, can contain and trigger chords, and will track with the keyboard !including the note on velocity). It can run with the start time of the key on or auto sync to the host playhead as a user choice.

Oh and you can trigger multiple sequences asynchronously by multiple key on events.

It will feature smart copy and paste to quickly extend a short sequence over more bars, dragging multiple notes around etc ..

• @DJB said:

@Samu said:

@DJB said:

Cheers!
    /Samuel

The sequencer will be polyphonic, can contain and trigger chords, and will track with the keyboard !including the note on velocity). It can run with the start time of the key on or auto sync to the host playhead as a user choice.

Oh and you can trigger multiple sequences asynchronously by multiple key on events.

It will feature smart copy and paste to quickly extend a short sequence over more bars, dragging multiple notes around etc ..

How about also sending MIDI output to the auv3 host so that optionally the MIDI can be “printed” to a host track?

• @DJB said:

@Samu said:

@DJB said:

Cheers!
    /Samuel

maybe even midi export then?… o:)

• The most important thing is how the raw unfiltered saw sounds

• @oat_phipps said:
    The most important thing is how the raw unfiltered saw sounds

Which saw ;-) There will be a myriad of saws, which all interact differently to PWM :-) :-) :-)

• edited June 2021

Stupid question. Can you make sequencer be by voice ( so pages of sequencers ) Midi ch setting per voice. simple probabilty. Arps. Multi out per voice. Cross modulation. Cycling like a Vermona. Or a synths better is you just create patches and mix?

I will buy anyway. It will be good.

Thanks

• @DJB said:

Awesome.

• @DJB said:

I lurves all your apps. Thanks for making them :)

• Will this be Desktop also.. ?

• @DJB said:

@oat_phipps said:

Which saw ;-) There will be a myriad of saws, which all interact differently to PWM :-) :-) :-)

Ha, funny you say that, I had a hard time convincing Giku to add a PWM processor to the wavetable oscillator and now here's another friend of the same idea 😃👍🏼

• This will be one of the few synths I actually end up taking serious time to learn instead of just tinkering like I do with most app purchases

• You've said that about every synth. You are a player.

• @sigma79 said:
    You've said that about every synth. You are a player.

Lole

• @DJB said:

@oat_phipps said:

👀👀 very interested to play with this!

• Oooh I love a pwm saw

• Looking forward to app. Seems like a synth that will be good to tweak via screen.

• I really do wonder when this will drop...
    ...looks so sleep and nice to tweak it's well, 'crazy' :sunglasses:

When/If the manual / user-guide drops before realease I'll read it thru until I've memorized everything.
    (This is what I did with the Arturia Micro Freak so I don't have to consult the manual when being 'in the zone').

Cheers!

• Yeah man. Seems like im buying a korg xd. To compliment my trinity of semi modulars. Shockwave . Ripplemaker and volca modular.