Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM MidiMixer by 4Pockets for iPad, released

Comments

• edited December 2020

Very interesting app that is perfectly usable "as is" and that will, I think, open a large flow of requests. For example, I would like to be able to use my iRig Blueboard to remotely switch from one scene to another. You can easily imagine how amazing it would be when playing live guitar and you can completely change the ambiance of your song but in a smooth transition...there is unfortunately no midi in at the moment

• @Frank303 said:

@dobbs said:
    Triggering different midimixer snapshots via LK would be nice.

I'm using LK to trigger LK 'snapshots'. In one LK channel have clips with different volume fades. Perhaps more setup because you have to assign the controls yourself, but a lot more flexible (more channels, automate everything). I see the use of midi mixer, but I can't see anything it does that LK can't do or am I missing something?

Example of LK clips fading volume faders from 1 scène to the next.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xsogef5d7t6g18/LK volume automation launch.aumproj?dl=0

that’s rad! never thought of that

• @reasOne said:

@Frank303 said:

@dobbs said:

I'm using LK to trigger LK 'snapshots'. In one LK channel have clips with different volume fades. Perhaps more setup because you have to assign the controls yourself, but a lot more flexible (more channels, automate everything). I see the use of midi mixer, but I can't see anything it does that LK can't do or am I missing something?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xsogef5d7t6g18/LK volume automation launch.aumproj?dl=0

Yes and maybe Imaginando could add snapshots to the LK Mixer controller one day :)

• Imaginando - the one dev that seems to have zero fear of feature creep! I don't know how they do it, hats off though 🤷‍♂️

• @Gavinski said:
    Imaginando - the one dev that seems to have zero fear of feature creep! I don't know how they do it, hats off though 🤷‍♂️

It's called customer driven development :D
    (Ie. when you run out of ideas on how to improve the app, ask the customers).

• @Gavinski said:
    Imaginando - the one dev that seems to have zero fear of feature creep! I don't know how they do it, hats off though 🤷‍♂️

@Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

It's called customer driven development :D
    (Ie. when you run out of ideas on how to improve the app, ask the customers).

no doubt man! they really do work with us to make every app fit the user’s desires!

• @cuscolima said:
    Very interesting app that is perfectly usable "as is" and that will, I think, open a large flow of requests. For example, I would like to be able to use my iRig Blueboard to remotely switch from one scene to another. You can easily imagine how amazing it would be when playing live guitar and you can completely change the ambiance of your song but in a smooth transition...there is unfortunately no midi in at the moment

Well, I was chuffed for this app for this very use case. I can imagine anyone looking at Camelot Pro or other solutions for live gigs would totally dig this. (I've cobbled together my AUM solution using Mosaic etc but it's still a pain in the ass to configure a tune.) All Paul would need to do is expose the scenes as AU parameters to make this super duper useful for live players.

• can you go back in and over dub, and while doing so extend the length of the original dub? or do you need to go in and manually extend each bar prior to over dubbing

• @reasOne said:

@Frank303 said:

@dobbs said:

It is right! Using it with Drambo, like with the 7+8 patch. Then you can also add pattern launches inside the LK clip that does the faders.

• For me, this is a game changer...

• What do you mean extend each bar?

@reasOne said:
    can you go back in and over dub, and while doing so extend the length of the original dub? or do you need to go in and manually extend each bar prior to over dubbing

• @Gavinski said:
    What do you mean extend each bar?

@reasOne said:
    can you go back in and over dub, and while doing so extend the length of the original dub? or do you need to go in and manually extend each bar prior to over dubbing

if you record an automation on channel one and two, say it was like 8 bars recorded... then you want to over dub to bring in another channel on the 9-16 , do you just press record and start the new recording at the 9 or will it loop back to the start

• @reasOne said:

@Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

if you record an automation on channel one and two, say it was like 8 bars recorded... then you want to over dub to bring in another channel on the 9-16 , do you just press record and start the new recording at the 9 or will it loop back to the start

Ah right. As mentioned in the vid there is a button where you can choose to merge recordings or overwrite, so yeah, u can do that though I haven't tried it yet

• edited December 2020

This app is great for the ones without any midi controller and working with Aum. I do use an Akai Midimix and Novation Launchcontrol that gives me 16 channels with mutes, volume faders and three controls per channel.

Personally, I enjoy jamming and recording directly in Aum, in real time. For a precise control Midimixer comes in handy, but it takes so much more time to prepare and automate a song timeline ( at least for me).
    Curious how others find this app versus using Midimix or Launchpad.

• @Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

@Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

Ah right. As mentioned in the vid there is a button where you can choose to merge recordings or overwrite, so yeah, u can do that though I haven't tried it yet

i did see that, i was curious how it was workkng... without trying the app i was just asssssuming whatever you recorded initially would be the length! thank ya man , paul said an update is coming right ater the weekend as well!

• so can you only automate faders, or could you trigger the loop player to start at a certain time for example. this would be great to fire of a loop or sample at a specific time

• So, is there a way to loop the automation? Not seeing it, but I maybe missing a key feature.

• Anyone else able to replicate a potential bug with the record enable - doesn't seem to be working. I patched a midi monitor to listen to the Midi Mixer and the record enable switch isn't sending any data. Also, 'Rec enable' in AUM channels don't appear to have been setup. Probably just early teething problems...

• @eross said:
    so can you only automate faders, or could you trigger the loop player to start at a certain time for example. this would be great to fire of a loop or sample at a specific time

You currently have one cc that you can assign to anything and u could use it like this, yes. The new beta update allows you 3 user mappable ccs to use in such ways 👍

• @ALB said:
    So, is there a way to loop the automation? Not seeing it, but I maybe missing a key feature.

No but that has just been added to the new beta 🤞

• @Gavinski said:

@ALB said:
    So, is there a way to loop the automation? Not seeing it, but I maybe missing a key feature.

Great!

• @Gavinski any chance that the snapshots are exposed as (AU) parameters in the beta?

• @Gavinski said:

@ALB said:

That was fast

• I wonder, not having bought this yet, whether it would be that hard to reverse engineer this midi mixer with an existing AUM session? Would it be any more of a pain in the a** than just doing midi learn for each fader?

• Someone said it earlier that this is a good solution for folks without mixer controllers. Even if I set up a template in AUM I don’t have a controller or an app to drive the template. But I haven’t bought it yet either so I’m still listening to the early adopters. 🙂

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Gavinski any chance that the snapshots are exposed as (AU) parameters in the beta?

Didn't get time to check that, not near my device, maybe someone else can chime in tho Luke

• @ecamburn said:
    Someone said it earlier that this is a good solution for folks without mixer controllers. Even if I set up a template in AUM I don’t have a controller or an app to drive the template. But I haven’t bought it yet either so I’m still listening to the early adopters. 🙂

Didn't they say 'for folks without mixer controllers'? Whether they did or not, this is a good substitute for something like the korg nanokontrol for sure

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I wonder, not having bought this yet, whether it would be that hard to reverse engineer this midi mixer with an existing AUM session? Would it be any more of a pain in the a** than just doing midi learn for each fader?

No midi learn, but u can enter the parameter numbers, sure. If u only want to map volume and not panning, mute, solo etc it is not that much work I guess

• Yes, if you own a launchcontrol or Midimix , there is no necessary need of this app. > @ecamburn said:

Someone said it earlier that this is a good solution for folks without mixer controllers. Even if I set up a template in AUM I don’t have a controller or an app to drive the template. But I haven’t bought it yet either so I’m still listening to the early adopters. 🙂

• @Sergiu said:
    Yes, if you own a launchcontrol or Midimix , there is no necessary need of this app. > @ecamburn said:

Not true. It makes an editable timeline of your fader moves and mutes. That’s very valuable to me before sending an AUM jam to a DAW.