Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM MidiMixer by 4Pockets for iPad, released

edited December 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1542209150

Description:

MidiMixer is an AUv3 plugin specifically designed for AUM which allows you to control your mix and record automation synced to AUM's timeline. You can control up to 12 AUM channels at once and create up to 8 snapshots of the mixing desk. You can smoothly fade from one snapshot into another at the touch of a button and even record these transitions as part of the automation for your song.

Automation recording is a big part of MidiMixer, and as such can record real-time movement of controls or add them directly to the visual editor. Editor tools allow you to draw automation for each control in real time as your song plays.

MidiMixer ships with a couple of default AUM session templates that will help you quickly configure AUM and MidiMixer ready to create your new song.

MidiMixer works by sending control messages to AUM. It relies on the default settings for AUM which makes setup very quick and easy. By default, you have control over 12 AUM tracks and a single group track for overall volume. You can control AUM's fader, pan, mute and solo settings for each of the 12 channels. We also provide a user option which allows you to send custom data to control other AUM settings (or a piece of MIDI equipment of your choice).

Features:

• 8 mixer snapshots with smooth fade over 0-5s.
• Record real-time control changes.
• Graphical editor with editing tools.
• Clipboard functionality for copying sections of automation.
• 2 default AUM templates provided.
• Fader lock allowing control of all faders at once.
• Control up to 12 AUM channels.
• Load and Save mixes.
• Full song state saving.

Checkout the 'Paul the Musicman' YouTube channel for a preview of this app in action.

Please Note: Although this plugin can technically be loaded into any DAW, it was designed purely for use in AUM and as such its use outside of AUM is extremely limited. Also not recommended for use on iPhones with less than 6.5" display.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 11.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Does look useful, can see myself getting this one :)
    I wonder if we'll ever get snapshots and automation as native AUM features.

• Nice.. Maschine LOCK comes to iOS.. hopefully it can sit on a second iPad.. great..

• Wow this looks cool. I wonder if Jonatan is also somewhere in this and they are working together to have this mixer thing here more integrated into AUM, that would be really cool and useful.
    So this will be available in a few days, most of the time when he releases some videos like this ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    Wow this looks cool. I wonder if Jonatan is also somewhere in this and they are working together to have this mixer thing here more integrated into AUM, that would be really cool and useful.
    So this will be available in a few days, most of the time when he releases some videos like this ;)

By the end of the week according to Paul...

• Oh yes! I've been waiting for something like this...

• amazers! man this is going to be so helpful

• @david_2017 said:
    Wow this looks cool. I wonder if Jonatan is also somewhere in this and they are working together to have this mixer thing here more integrated into AUM, that would be really cool and useful.

+1. This looks like a BRILLIANT app and I was expecting such a feature in AUM for ages! I will use it every single day!!

• Never been a fan of 4pockets due to the UI
    But this looks awesome , some great ideas
    This is going to be insta buy for me
    Well done
    Money ready from me
    Good luck on launch

• Wow, this looks immense!

• will it be iphone too?

• Mixer automation, cool!

• @Carnbot said:
    will it be iphone too?

Normally he makes universal apps, I guess iphone too

• Holy cow. AUM is essentially a DAW with this. If nothing else, it looks like it will save hours of my life doing midi learn assignments with a Launchpad XL mixer.

• This looks great. This will also probably be my first 4pockets app.

12 tracks is kinda limiting though. Maybe he could work with the Aum dev to have integration whereby adding a track in Aum adds a track to midi mixer. So that Midi Mixer is a complete, realtime representation of your entire project.

• @david_2017 said:

@Carnbot said:
    will it be iphone too?

Normally he makes universal apps, I guess iphone too

Cool thanks, yeah could be a handy iphone mixer to control ipad AUM I think.

• @aleyas said:
    This looks great. This will also probably be my first 4pockets app.

12 tracks is kinda limiting though. Maybe he could work with the Aum dev to have integration whereby adding a track in Aum adds a track to midi mixer. So that Midi Mixer is a complete, realtime representation of your entire project.

I think (not 100% sure) that with the new protocol that Jonatan developed with Blueveek for Atom 2, this should be possible without any more work, because each new track gets a new address which any app can get info from. So I hope more devs use this new AUM feature, I also suggested to Mutemaster M-1 dev but he didn't get back to me yet.

So might be a good idea to suggest this to Paul the developer :)

• Wow, that’s huge news, with that AUM becomes so much more powerful. I always found it annoying that AUM could only display 4 tracks (5 on a 12.9 iPad Pro) at the same time. I always hoped that one day we could get a zoomable interface like this
    but 4pockets was faster !

• @Carnbot said:

@aleyas said:
    This looks great. This will also probably be my first 4pockets app.

I think (not 100% sure) that with the new protocol that Jonatan developed with Blueveek for Atom 2, this should be possible without any more work, because each new track gets a new address which any app can get info from. So I hope more devs use this new AUM feature, I also suggested to Mutemaster M-1 dev but he didn't get back to me yet.

So might be a good idea to suggest this to Paul the developer :)

Yeah, that stuff Bleuveek and Jonatan have cooked up is what I was thinking of. Not sure what the possibilities are for the average app integration, but hopefully we'll more people taking advantage of it. It can't be anything but progress, whatever they've done.

• I think it could be used as a bluetooth midi device. So I use my phone as a mixing device for AUM in the pad? Boy this could be a gamechanger hahah,... noticed? I said gamechanger

• Will it work for remote AUM instances?

• edited December 2020

Will it be possible to use several instances to multiply the number of tracks that can be controlled?

• I personally prefere working with LFO.

• nice, i see myself arranging within AUM already

• would be nice to be able to trigger au3 plugin views, too. so one could tweak the midi mixer and the plugins seamlessly.

• @nuno_agogo said:
    would be nice to be able to trigger au3 plugin views, too. so one could tweak the midi mixer and the plugins seamlessly.

Brilliant idea.

• Have we reached Inception with these tools?

• @cuscolima said:
    Will it be possible to use several instances to multiply the number of tracks that can be controlled?

^This!! - But that would require the ability to choose an entirely different set of CC's to be controlled, since (I believe) each controller lane corresponds to a Midi channel, and there are at most 16 of them. - OTOH, one could use Mozaic or similar to re-map the CCs on each instance.

• @cuscolima said:

I asked about this on FB but not sure yet. If you used a midi router to change the midi channel of the second instance then I can't see why not :)

• edited December 2020

But that would require the ability to choose an entirely different set of CC's to be controlled, since (I believe) each controller lane corresponds to a Midi channel, and there are at most 16 of them.

But this shouldn't be a problem with AUM's midi routing...?

• Looking forward to this, YT comment on the video says later this week 😀