Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Pro has been updated with auv3 support

Comments

• Big day, today :+1:

• @Charlesalbert said:

Just bought the new expansions but they are greyed out in module loaded as auv3. Any clue?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug the will eventually get fixed...
    I've tried all the obvious work-arounds (reboot, restore IAPs etc.) excerpt for completely re-installing Module.

• @Samu said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Just bought the new expansions but they are greyed out in module loaded as auv3. Any clue?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug the will eventually get fixed...
    I've tried all the obvious work-arounds (reboot, restore IAPs etc.) excerpt for completely re-installing Module.

Thanks. I have reported the bug. Hope it get fixed. Other than that is a great great update.

• edited October 2020

I didn't know the Module Pro was $39.99, the sale makes it an even better deal! Thanks Korg.

• Is Module Pro just more presets for for Module?

• This is good news, here’s to hoping that the full suite of Gadget devices follows in the not too distant future.

• Works great in Cubasis3. At last midi tracks of Module instruments!

• @CRAKROX said:
    This is good news, here’s to hoping that the full suite of Gadget devices follows in the not too distant future.

I think it's a pretty safe bet considering IAA is deprecated...
    So iMS-20, iPolySix, iMonoPoly, Odysseyi, iWavestation and iM1 as AUv3's

I'm not so sure about iElectribe, iKaossilator and iDS-10.
    The 'speech thing' in iDS-10 is quite nice and the synth is very flexible too compared to iMS-20 and 'Dublin'.
    The Kick & Snare Synths in Hybrid/Fairbanks are nice and cover a lot of ground.
    What iKaossilator could bring is the 'Kaos Pad' for note entry and more classic sounds :)

Also the 'Drum Parts' from Electribe Wave could be handy as an AUv3s in addition to the synth.

• Plus if you like coming up with ideas in Gadget (and stick to the Module sounds) you can export the midi and arrange in Cubasis with the same soundset.

• edited October 2020

Can anyone tell me - how do the Wurli models compare to those in NeoSoul Keys 2?
    I just picked up the essential clav IAP which is superb now it is AU, wouldn’t want to miss out on a good Wurli if it offers something the ones in NSK2 don’t.

EDIT - just seen there is a free 7 day trial

• Well good to see Korg back in action, fingers all crossed we’ll see the other synths get AU updates soon :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you are updating on multiple iPads you will probably need to delete and reinstall on additional iPads after updating the first iPad. My experience just now.

• @BCKeys said:

@Samu said:
    "Hybrid Synth Pack 2" and "Cinematic" sound packs for Hybrid module are added.

Those two packs are 'greyed out' in the AUv3 :(

Tried re-booting the device and also restoring the IAPs...
    ...they work fine in the stand-alone and are quite fun to explore. Just need to make memory notes which presets to use as the 'base' for tweaking since many of them use different synthesis methods :)

iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.0.1...

Cheers!

Hybrid works fine here in GB, but I’m still running iOS 13.

Hybrid works but not the Hybrid 2 expansion, nor the Cinematic. I’m on a 2020 IPad Pro, os 13.7, purchased both expansions. Definitely bought the Cinematic exp to use with the AU plugin, hopefully it gets sorted out. The other expansions I bought work fine, just not the new ones.

• Can I get the KaPro expansions without buying Module Pro?

• I think you can get any expansion without Pro. That’s what I did for the Clav IAP

• these look like a money pit! they are probably great sounding and i might jump in but i need to hear more jams first

• @TimRussell said:
    I think you can get any expansion without Pro. That’s what I did for the Clav IAP

Cool!

• Regarding the absence of the two new packs in AUv3, that issue should be fixed in the next version. Sorry about that.

• edited October 2020

Woohoo, I love it when money becomes unwasted! Reinstalling...

• @ioue said:
    Regarding the absence of the two new packs in AUv3, that issue should be fixed in the next version. Sorry about that.

Thanks. I just saved them out as User patches in Stand Alone to access the great patches in the AUv3. Glad it’s being fixed 🙏🏼

• @ioue said:
    Regarding the absence of the two new packs in AUv3, that issue should be fixed in the next version. Sorry about that.

Thank You!

Love the new Hybrid Synth and would gladly pay for an additional IAP to unlock full editing capabilities :)
    (I can sense its a pretty deep engine with a limited set of exposed parameters that can be tweaked).

Looking forward to more stuff that is cooking in the Korg Factory :D

Cheers!

• These new KApro choirs are really great.

If Korg would finally offer a soundpack with good guitar samples, I couldn't be happier. The guitars inside the Triton pack are crap.

• R_2R_2
    edited October 2020

Welcome back @ioue

@Samu said:
    Love the new Hybrid Synth and would gladly pay for an additional IAP to unlock full editing capabilities :)
    (I can sense its a pretty deep engine with a limited set of exposed parameters that can be tweaked).

+1 Hybrid/Fairbanks is fun. Looking forward to buy more banks for a fair price B)
    I like the 7-day free trial for iAPs.

• @R_2 said:
    Welcome back @ioue

@Samu said:

+1 Hybrid/Fairbanks is fun. Looking forward to buy more banks for a fair price B)
    I like the 7-day free trial for iAPs.

I grabbed them without a trial :)
    (It's a 'free' update and I felt the need to compensate a bit...).

One 'thing' Module still has (in the 3D keyboard) is Y-Axis Velocity and this is something that would be very handy in Gadget as well to add a bit of expressiveness when a controller is not at hand (ie. most of the time when just using the iPhone/iPad).

This Y-Axis Velocity could be enabled/disabled globally in Gadget and apply to piano-keys and drum-pads...

As for Gadget's velocity editing in general it should only apply to selected notes, currently all velocities on a step are affected when 'finger-painting' velocities. ie. it's very hard to do a velocity ramp on a selected note (for example a snare) withe multiple notes on a step...

Sure I could create 16 instances of Bilbao after recording a beat to make velocity editing easier but arghhhhh!

Then again since the roadmap for Gadget is 'not know' I have no clue on what's cooking for the future updates...
    Cheers!

• edited October 2020

I really don't like the fact that these things can become discontinued. :/. The Scarbee pack sounds nice... but... eh

• Super happy, been waiting for this! Also good to have confirmation Korg is working on AUv3 conversions (pleeeeeease do MonoPoly next ;)

• @mangecoeur said:
    Super happy, been waiting for this! Also good to have confirmation Korg is working on AUv3 conversions (pleeeeeease do MonoPoly next ;)

Oh yah, that would be sweeeeeet