Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Pro has been updated with auv3 support

Comments

• Does anyone know if you can load sounds from the Module app IAP's into Gadget to utilize the better functionality of the app? As I am really loving the new sound banks but some patches need more parameter access to really get the best out of them.

Thanks

• @Sandstorm said:
    Does anyone know if you can load sounds from the Module app IAP's into Gadget to utilize the better functionality of the app? As I am really loving the new sound banks but some patches need more parameter access to really get the best out of them.

Thanks

Yes, all the Module IAPs are available in Gadget.

• edited October 2020

@Samu said:

@Sandstorm said:
    Does anyone know if you can load sounds from the Module app IAP's into Gadget to utilize the better functionality of the app? As I am really loving the new sound banks but some patches need more parameter access to really get the best out of them.

Thanks

I will ask a similar questions. Let's say we're talking about a new Hybrid Digital Synthesizer / in Gadgets "FAIRBANKS".

1) Is it possible to export sounds from the USER bank from the Korg Module, and then after uninstalling and installing Korg Module, to import sounds to the USER bank in Korg Module? I don't see such a possibility like export/import. I will say right away that I want to exclude the backup of the entire iPad in iTunes. I mean exporting and importing files that can be saved individually in Files app on an iPad or in a Dropbox, etc.

2) Is it possible to export sounds from the USER bank from the Korg Module to the USER bank in Korg Gadgets? There is import in Gadgets, but no export in Module. Maybe there is some workaround?

3) Is it possible to export sounds from the USER bank from the Korg Gadgets to the USER bank in Korg Module? There is export in Gadgets, but no import in Module. Maybe there is some workaround?

I see that only Korg Gadgets have export / import features. I done test. I exported sounds from USER Bank in Korg Gadgets to a file. Moved file from Gadgets directory to test directory in File app (because under uninstall Gadgets directory will be deleted). Uninstalled and installed Korg Gadgets. Moved file from test directory to Gadgets directory in File app. Imported files to USER bank in Korg Gadgets. (Copy files can be done also by Dropbox - is faster.) It works.

But what about Module -> Gadgets and Gadgets -> Module. Opposite to Korg Gadgets, Korg Module do not create directory in File app on iPad.

• @dakti said:

But what about Module -> Gadgets and Gadgets -> Module. Opposite to Korg Gadgets, Korg Module do not create directory in File app on iPad.

I have no clue honestly so it might be a good idea to contact Korg support?
    https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

There is some save and import options for set lists (Folder Icon under Open) but if there is no export setlist, only save/save as.

The ModulePro folder can be seen when connecting to a computer using iFunBox or iTunes but it would really be good to have the folder visible in Files.app as well. (Its should be easy to do, Gadget already does this).

I did manage to crash Module when trying to find ways to export user presets...

@ioue When long tap on an empty slot in user bank ModulePro crashes.
    Long tap on existing user preset brings up option to delete the preset...
    (Will check if same behavior in AUv3 as well).

Import & Export (backup) of user presets is needed especially if users want to exchange presets.

Cheers!

• edited October 2020

@Samu said: [...] it might be a good idea to contact Korg support?

Thanks for answer. I'll send the form to Korg. Meantime maybe @ioue will answer something as a representative of the KORG company.

I uploaded the exported file from Korg Gadgets to the Korg Module directory using iMazing (also a nice tool for PC and MAC), but the Korg Module doesn't see the sounds in the USER Bank.

I also confirm the crash. I have the same in Korg Module Pro, whether long tap on "Save program ..." or on any empty field in user bank.

Kind regards

EDIT: I send request to KORG about export/import and exchange user bank sounds. Will let you know after got answer.

• I've noticed that not all of the Module interface is available when loading it in AUM. Specifically I cannot access the Setlist section. Anyone else notice this?

• @LeesKeys said:
    I've noticed that not all of the Module interface is available when loading it in AUM. Specifically I cannot access the Setlist section. Anyone else notice this?

Yepp...
    ...and the user presets bank is also greyed out in the AUv3.

I'm pretty sure these issues will be fixed sooner or later.

• Hmmm, just took a closer look at the green circuit board in Hybrid, and it's clearly a Eurorack power bus board. 16-pin Euro headers with pins for CV, +5V, -5V, -12V...I wonder if it's a teaser.

• And while I'm 'wondering', the Best-Of-Triton expansion is 34mb, and it only has 100 presets. The original Triton hardware had 32mb of ROM, with thousands of presets. Apple and oranges, I suppose.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Hmmm, just took a closer look at the green circuit board in Hybrid, and it's clearly a Eurorack power bus board. 16-pin Euro headers with pins for CV, +5V, -5V, -12V...I wonder if it's a teaser.

We can always hope, maybe one LCD panel module for sampling/sample-editing, and another panel for modulation matrix patching and yet another 'architecture panel(PCM/Sampler, FM, PM, Additive etc.)' or something similar.

Considering for example that iMS-20 'Gadget' can use audio input from any Gadget Track it would only make sense to have a sampler module that can do the same :)

But I think it's just there 'for looks' as the synthesis engine is kinda modular with multiple different synthesis methods.

• I think that the Hybrid is actually some kind of modular synth engine under the hood with all kinds of functions. You'll get an 8 knob interface presented but the underlying synth is always different. This way a 'patch' is actually some kind of mini synth (drumsynth, string synth, drone synth etc.) and KORG can privide more soundbanks in the future without any engine limitations. The interface reflects that. It also holds the option to be updated with additional custom panels that could be inserted on the right side in future updates.

• I’m just intrigued by Hybrid/Fairbanks design similaritIes with Waldorf’s KB37. Even the wheels and scale/octave buttons.
    Apparently Korg USA is Waldorf’s distributor in the US, other than that I don’t see the connection. But wouldn’t mind if they throw in a mini Iridium on the right side :D

• @Samu said:

@Sandstorm said:

Thanks

Excellent news! Thanks

• Very sharp eye, @R_2.
    You have to think there'll be an upgrade soon to fill that empty eurorack slot, no?

• @ExAsperis99 It was pointed out by Synth Anatomy
    Yeah, maybe they’ll add something in the slot. On the other hand, they’ve done crazy designs in the past (Virtual Reality glasses for Lisbon icon).
    Gadget is still heating up on my iPad, so perhaps it’s for ventilation :p

• edited October 2020

I forget if this is possible but can Gadget output individual tracks to audio outputs if iPad is connected to an audio interface?

• @Samu said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    Hmmm, just took a closer look at the green circuit board in Hybrid, and it's clearly a Eurorack power bus board. 16-pin Euro headers with pins for CV, +5V, -5V, -12V...I wonder if it's a teaser.

We can always hope, maybe one LCD panel module for sampling/sample-editing, and another panel for modulation matrix patching and yet another 'architecture panel(PCM/Sampler, FM, PM, Additive etc.)' or something similar.

Considering for example that iMS-20 'Gadget' can use audio input from any Gadget Track it would only make sense to have a sampler module that can do the same :)

But I think it's just there 'for looks' as the synthesis engine is kinda modular with multiple different synthesis methods.

Hybrid is a bit of an enigma, as the other 5 Modules appear to be sample-based, and Hybrid - synth-based, as Doc_T mentioned.

Korg says it's a brand new engine but is it based on MOSS/OASYS? There's plenty of room for Panel B/C/D/E/F/G like you said. Right now, it feels a bit 'dumbed-down'. Also noticed that Korg forgot to label several of the knobs in several of the presets.

When playing Hybrid down low at C-1, I don't hear 'stretched-sample' artifacts, like in the other Modules. Can't tell if noise is sample-based, though ring mod isn't. This is actually a pretty damn good 'macro' synth - we just need more knobs, and a lot more presets.

But I do wonder if Korg is planing on entering the Eurorack market. NTS-1 would be a good start. Or the Volcas...anywho, off to drink more coffee...

• @Sequencer1 said:

>

But I do wonder if Korg is planing on entering the Eurorack market. NTS-1 would be a good start. Or the Volcas...anywho, off to drink more coffee...

I love my NTS-1 as it is but I would not mind having it as a polyphonic AUv3 (instrument & effects) with the option to load user oscillators & effects. I mean consider them as 'clean document files' so Apple doesn't get annoyed since 'emulators' per se are not allowed on the AppStore :D

• @Samu That sounds very cool. Been trying to get hold of an NTS-1, but they're sold out everywhere in the US, afaik.

Hmmm, emulators...do you have a link with the available 3rd-party engines available for the NTS-1?

• @Sequencer1 said:
    @Samu That sounds very cool. Been trying to get hold of an NTS-1, but they're sold out everywhere in the US, afaik.

Hmmm, emulators...do you have a link with the available 3rd-party engines available for the NTS-1?

To my knowledge there's no page with 'everything' but it's quite easy to find on the internet...

This is from Korg's GitHub page...
    https://korginc.github.io/logue-sdk/unit-index/

And have to promote one of the developers who made my favorite CHIPS2.0 oscillator and a few very nice effects too, and everything is free :)
    https://hammondeggsmusic.ca/logueplugins.html

And if you like the Mutable instruments stuff here are those, also free...
    https://github.com/peterall/eurorack-prologue/releases

If you like the Casio CZ series here's a bunch...
    https://cain-synthesizer.com

Also there's a Ruismaker Beta for NTS-1 :D
    http://ruismaker.com/korg/
    (I do wonder if brambos has a working Troublemaker for NTS-1? That would be so sweet!!!).

There are some paid oscillators too but I'm less interested in those LOL.

So yeah, there's plenty to find on with a simple google search for NTS-1 and oscillators.
    The Prologue and MinlogueXD oscillators work too. The Prologue can be more CPU hungry and can crackle but they do work.

This is getting way OT but hey, if Korg drops iNTS-1 AUv3 for iOS/iPadOS I'd be very happy
    (Make it a $29.99 AUv3 and I'm all over it!).

Cheers!

• I clicked 7 day trial to Choir Dreams and I see in Module Pro about 80 presets, but in Gadget I have about 30 - anyone had the same?

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Also noticed that Korg forgot to label several of the knobs in several of the presets.

I don’t think they forgot to label, they’re just not assigned to any parameter. Korg’s way of saying: ”These aren’t the knobs you’re looking for“.
    ‘Kotopsichord’ in the Hybrid 2 pack is a bold example of that.

• Hi, nube to Korg here.
    If I just buy Korg Module Pro can I use it in Audiobus as a sound source?
    Does it include all the essentials or do you pick some?
    Marketing is a little confusing to me.
    Thanks

• @Samu said:

Thank you! Very helpful as usual.

• @R_2 said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    Also noticed that Korg forgot to label several of the knobs in several of the presets.

I don’t think they forgot to label, they’re just not assigned to any parameter. Korg’s way of saying: ”These aren’t the knobs you’re looking for“.
    ‘Kotopsichord’ in the Hybrid 2 pack is a bold example of that.

Good eye! :wink: Feels a bit lazy, me thinks.

• @Bellows said:
    Hi, nube to Korg here.
    If I just buy Korg Module Pro can I use it in Audiobus as a sound source?
    Does it include all the essentials or do you pick some?
    Marketing is a little confusing to me.
    Thanks

No doubt, marketing is confusing.. But yes, you can use Module as a sound source (Auv3) in other hosts..
    I should have gotten the Pro.. rather than just Module.. seem like a better value..

• Has anybody noticed what happens when using the sustain pedal with some Hybrid2 presets ? 😀
    Particularly on Arp presets ? The sound distorts as if there was a feedback loop.
    You can also achieve this « result » by holding the sustain pedal down while repeating a chord several times.

• Question about MIDI learn:
    I presume if I want to use a hardware controller to manipulate the knobs on the various synths I need to buy the ‘Performance Expansion’ IAP (currently £19.99)?

• edited October 2020

In Gadget Glasgow everything in Brass/Wind section below Soft Horn, every preset is incorrect. Choirs are loaded instead of flutes.

Or just something else entirely.

• @WillieNegus said:
    Perhaps it’s just me but this new Hybrid chumpy is hitting different. Sounds bigger, fuller, tastier than past Gadgets. Needs more packs but I really dig it.

What’s up with a pandemic all in IAP bundle @ioue ? These individual prices are aggressive even on sale.lol

Definitely hit different.