Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Pro has been updated with auv3 support

Comments

• @TimRussell said:

@reasOne said:

@ioue said:
    No difference between Module pro and Module except for the initially installed sounds. Those sounds are also available through the Essential series in the store of the app. So if you buy Essential Complete, it will be 99% same as the Pro version. Last tiny difference is the theme colors of the app.

so instead of spending 20$ on module pro you can just get the free version and buy the sounds for the same price... the only thing you don’t get is the initial presets that came with module pro? that’sa great deal imo then as i don’t really need the pianos just want a couple synths

Exactly what I did. Just bought a couple of packs 50% off, don’t need any of the sounds in Pro. Very pleased.

likewise!

• @reasOne said:
    so i have a question about an observation i just made...
    when the new synth is in 3d mode it plays single notes then when i switch it to 2d a single key press play a chord. is there a way to be in 2d and play single notes rather than chords

problem solved haha i see the switch now!

• Here's a track from a day of using the M+ to sequence 5 instances of the latest update of Module. Really loving that this is all now auv3 and usable anywhere on iOS :) Great work @ioue and team!!

• McDMcD
    edited October 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @ioue, very, very happy. Thank you.

@McD,I don’t have Scarbee but I will make an all Module track usingAmerican D.

Nice... please test the track freezing. Remember that "Monumental Choir Dreams". I'd love to hear that behind the Steinway. You should get that Scarbee... it's one of my fav EP's and it covers Rhodes and Whirly. The Whirlies might even top the Rhodes in that one. Take your time... tomorrow is fine.

UPDATE: Sorry... The Whirly is a Korg IAP and not related to Scarbee. If I only was to get one and I had Neo Soul, I'd get the Whirly. The FX they use make it sound like a mellow Rhodes with a little tone shaping EQ magic. Most prefer the bite of a Rhodes but I like the soft mallet Vibe like tones you can get. But I tend to play slowly and swim in the mix of harmony that's created... you can just float away.

• It's the 100 instruments in the Pro version but they are all improved in the IAP's but there might be a few I'd miss... hard to say.

• This UPDATE is like an old friend coming back from the dead. I'll use this a lot now.
    Thank you Korg! I knew we'd have this day at some point. AUv3 opens doors and your
    implementations are just as efficient as in they are Gadget. Big win for me.

• My IAP purchases don’t show up in the AUV3 version. What’s the deal?. Made the purchase in standalone, closed and opened, restarted the AUV3 even did a “restore”... nothing. The Mellow library does show up, bought both at the exact same time,

• This update is surprisingly good.

• @tahiche said:

It's a bug Korg are aware of and will be fixed.

I installed the demos and it's the same for me.

• @ecou said:
    What’s the difference between module and pro version? What the difference in buying pack in one vs the other?

If I remember correctly, module pro exists for people who bought module initially. Then Korg changed the pricing model so anyone who already owned module now had “pro.” I had module for a long time so that’s what I remember.

• fairbanks looks like it’s missing a panel on the front ahaha i bet they add it later as an iap 🤣
    it’ll be a couple knobs but i’ll take em

• @McD said:
    This UPDATE is like an old friend coming back from the dead. I'll use this a lot now.
    Thank you Korg! I knew we'd have this day at some point. AUv3 opens doors and your
    implementations are just as efficient as in they are Gadget. Big win for me.

+1

• edited October 2020

never mind

• @echoopera that track is awesome

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @echoopera that track is awesome

Many thanks for giving it a listen. Glad you liked it 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    Here's a track from a day of using the M+ to sequence 5 instances of the latest update of Module. Really loving that this is all now auv3 and usable anywhere on iOS :) Great work @ioue and team!!

Fabulous and evocative.

• @reasOne said:
    fairbanks looks like it’s missing a panel on the front ahaha i bet they add it later as an iap 🤣

Might be a patchbay?

• @u0421793 said:

@reasOne said:
    fairbanks looks like it’s missing a panel on the front ahaha i bet they add it later as an iap 🤣

Might be a patchbay?

I'm absolutely missing some more "tweakability" here, apart from it sounding very nice. It's kind of a rompler with different, selectively chosen knobs on each patch, right?

• @LeonKowalski said:

@u0421793 said:

@reasOne said:

Might be a patchbay?

I'm absolutely missing some more "tweakability" here, apart from it sounding very nice. It's kind of a rompler with different, selectively chosen knobs on each patch, right?

I really like it.
    I think it’s best to treat it as not really a synth but a patch player in which, highly usefully, each patch has an individual set of custom parameters exposed as knobs. I think it’s a good way to go in general and steers the more synthesis-headed among us (ie me) from making patches rather than making music.

In a way, that’s how Gadget originally was with the original default built-in set of gadgets, except here instead of a gadget with a custom set of exposed parameters as knobs, we have actual patches with their custom exposed parameters as knobs. In this case, they’re exceedingly well-chosen exposed parameters, so I’m happy.

• Does the Fairbanks Gadget only appear if you buy Module Pro or can it be purchased as an IAP in the standard Module?

• edited October 2020

@Jocphone said:
    Does the Fairbanks Gadget only appear if you buy Module Pro or can it be purchased as an IAP in the standard Module?

I've only installed the demo in the standard Module but I can also access the demo Fairbanks in Gadget so you don't need Pro I'm pretty sure of.

• @Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:
    Does the Fairbanks Gadget only appear if you buy Module Pro or can it be purchased as an IAP in the standard Module?

I've only installed the demo in the standard Module but I can also access the demo Fairbanks in Gadget so you don't need Pro I'm pretty sure of.

the pro will get you all the original presets cheaper from my understanding however if you only want a couple packs you don’t need the pro

• Fairbanks is great. The UI with this empty right side... Very brave to waste half of the screen for a joke/promise type of grafic instead to make more knobs or give the controls more room (for iPhone users...). And it sounds really huge! Just choose 1 Patch from the Cinematic Set and you can have houres of fun twisting the knobs.
    I really like the playful approach that KORG puts into its products. Top notch synth technology with a toy or game like interface. Deep fun products.

• Yeah the Fairbanks is very good, look forward to the AUv3 bug fix. :)

• @u0421793 said:

@LeonKowalski said:

I really like it.
    I think it’s best to treat it as not really a synth but a patch player in which, highly usefully, each patch has an individual set of custom parameters exposed as knobs. I think it’s a good way to go in general and steers the more synthesis-headed among us (ie me) from making patches rather than making music.

In a way, that’s how Gadget originally was with the original default built-in set of gadgets, except here instead of a gadget with a custom set of exposed parameters as knobs, we have actual patches with their custom exposed parameters as knobs. In this case, they’re exceedingly well-chosen exposed parameters, so I’m happy.

Agreed, really like Hybrid/Fairbanks approach and indeed prevents me from endless tweaking
    instead of composing :D
    Definitely not just a rompler as it also has va, fm, ring, additive (and more?)
    Korg could do all kinds of things with upcoming banks since the 8 knobs are not hardwired to specific parameters.
    The Kick and Snare synths are nice, would love to see a Hihat and Clap synth with adjustable randomness.

• @reasOne said:

@Carnbot said:

@Jocphone said:

the pro will get you all the original presets cheaper from my understanding however if you only want a couple packs you don’t need the pro

Thanks @Carnbot and @reasOne !

May just go for the Pro version rather than buying a couple of packs and then regretting I hadn't bought others. Need to start clearing some space on the iPad..

• does anyone know when the 19.99$ sale ends and it jumps back to 30? i think

• Did anybody notice an issue with polyphony amount since the last update ?
    I downloaded the free trial of KApro dreamy synth + orchestral (very nice by the way) and realized that I was limited to 4-5 notes in polyphony. Ok, for synths... but the harp also had only 4-5 notes. Surprising but beeing not used to these KAPro banks, I thought it might be normal.
    Then I came back to my well known Ivory grand piano and realized it was the same ! Play a bass note, hold the sustain pedal, play an arpeggio and then after 4-5 notes, your bass disappears. Weird :/
    Any feedback welcome 🙏

• Note that the issue is more obvious if you try to play notes fast or simultaneously.
    Playing arpeggios slowly, you can increase the polyphony by a small amount. Anyone else ?

• I noticed this issue in poliphony using KApro Orchestral. Just 5 notes of poliphony. But when I used tha same sound with auv3 in Camelot Pro, I had no poliphony limitation. This problem only occurs using Korg Module as sound source.