Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Pro has been updated with auv3 support

Comments

• @White said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id932191687

• Hybrid digital synthesizer "Hybrid" module is added.
    • "Hybrid Synth Pack 2" and "Cinematic" sound packs for Hybrid module are added.
    • AUv3 is now supported. Now you can use Module in other iOS music production apps.
    • The "Fairbanks" gadget is now available in conjunction with KORG Gadget 2.
    • Added: a free trial feature for the Expansion Sound Libraries.
    • Various other tweaks have been made to improve stability.

WOW! this changes things dramatically!

Hope finally KORG see sense and ad AUv3 hosting in a pro version of Gadget to Gadget too.

• Hoping for Lexington/Odyssey next.

• I wish I'd seen this before ( two weeks ago ) I made the decision to buy the Ravenscroft and Gospel Musicians AUv3 plugins! I think the ivory pianos and EPs inside Module would have done me fine.

But still - good to have them all -and Ravenscroft piano on iOS is wonderful - arguably better than the ( cut down ) add-on Synthogy Ivory piano in Module )

• iM1 AUv3 with multi-output support (ex. when using Combi's or Multi's) would be pretty neat!

• R_2R_2
    edited October 2020

@Samu said:

@R_2 said:
    +1 Hybrid/Fairbanks is fun. Looking forward to buy more banks for a fair price B)
    I like the 7-day free trial for iAPs.

I grabbed them without a trial :)
    (It's a 'free' update and I felt the need to compensate a bit...).

Same here for the Hybrid banks, but some other iAPS I haven’t bought yet. In general, 7-day free trial is a smart move from Korg.
    Fully agree with your wish for Y-axis velocity in Gadget

@AudioGus said:
    I really don't like the fact that these things can become discontinued. :/. The Scarbee pack sounds nice... but... eh

Are you referring to the PREMIER Vintage Organ? That got discontinued because of some copyright stuff, but owners can still restore (and they got the newer Organ & Clav Collection for free).

• @R_2 said:

@Samu said:

@R_2 said:
    +1 Hybrid/Fairbanks is fun. Looking forward to buy more banks for a fair price B)
    I like the 7-day free trial for iAPs.

I grabbed them without a trial :)
    (It's a 'free' update and I felt the need to compensate a bit...).

Same here for the Hybrid banks, but some other iAPS I haven’t bought yet. In general, 7-day free trial is a smart move from Korg.
    Fully agree with your wish for Y-axis velocity in Gadget

@AudioGus said:
    I really don't like the fact that these things can become discontinued. :/. The Scarbee pack sounds nice... but... eh

Are you referring to the PREMIER Vintage Organ? That got discontinued because of some copyright stuff, but owners can still restore (and they got the newer Organ & Clay Collection for free).

Oh I see! Cool, good to know.

• Really loving this update. Module sounds great in AUM now:
    Thanks Korg!

• I haven't received notification from Apple about an update for Module as of 10/13, 1pm EST

• edited October 2020

@LeesKeys said:
    I haven't received notification from Apple about an update for Module as of 10/13, 1pm EST

Sometimes you have to pull down to refresh the list of available updates.
    (Or search for the app in the AppStore if it's installed it will show 'update')

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dear @ioue ,
    Thank you for the big update !
    Since this update, the blutooth MIDI does not seem to work any longer : I can select the blutooth device (which appears "Selected") but no midi event is coming in.
    I am on iPad mini 2 / iOS 12.4.8
    Thank you.

• There is no problem on my iPhone Xs running iOS 13.7.
    So it seems related to iOS 12.x.

• Is there any advantage to having Pro vs the free version?
    Looks to me like what you are paying for in Pro is just the sound packs that come with it, all of which are available as IAPs (albeit more expensive vs getting the Pro version).

• @TimRussell said:
    Is there any advantage to having Pro vs the free version?
    Looks to me like what you are paying for in Pro is just the sound packs that come with it, all of which are available as IAPs (albeit more expensive vs getting the Pro version).

To my knowledge, no advantage but I don't have the Pro version.

• iPad as a platform is getting cooler every minute. I want a green one and one with a really big screen, like 13" or better 15" with that ceramic shield stuff from the new iPhones...

hm. ok.

Any word anywhere when we will see Fairbanks in the Mac veriosn of Gadget?

• I’m just on a Korg high right now, these awesome updates just dropped and my new nanoKontrol just got delivered like ten minutes ago

• Bought Korg Module, Cinematic and Mello Tape. Love it, sounds great and straightforward to use.
    Questions...

• Are the IAP also 50% off?. Say, I just paid 5€ for Cinematic. Is regular price 10€?. Can’t find regular prices anywhere.
    • 21€ for Cc control... that’s a lot. Is that also 50% off?. Can’t imagine paying 42€ for that.

Praise:
    The 7 day testing period for IAP is totally the right approach and the way to do it. Apps like THU Oberloud where in-app purchases are everything, and quite expensive, it makes no sense that you can’t test anything. So way to go Korg.

• I am really loving having access to these synths in AUM...it just truly opens up all the goodness that this app has for me. Big WIN for KORG on doing this!

• @tahiche said:
    Bought Korg Module, Cinematic and Mello Tape. Love it, sounds great and straightforward to use.
    Questions...

• Are the IAP also 50% off?. Say, I just paid 5€ for Cinematic. Is regular price 10€?. Can’t find regular prices anywhere.
    • 21€ for Cc control... that’s a lot. Is that also 50% off?. Can’t imagine paying 42€ for that.

Praise:
    The 7 day testing period for IAP is totally the right approach and the way to do it. Apps like THU Oberloud where in-app purchases are everything, and quite expensive, it makes no sense that you can’t test anything. So way to go Korg.

The IAPs are indeed 50% off.

• The Cinematic pack is great

• The whole 'Hybrid' synth is cool! Just incredible what you can do with the 8 knobs - totally fun.

• They are UP TO 50%. The new fairbanks packs would be tier 5 in normal.

Glad you guys look happy about the AUv3 support, of course I was confident about it though ;)

• No difference between Module pro and Module except for the initially installed sounds. Those sounds are also available through the Essential series in the store of the app. So if you buy Essential Complete, it will be 99% same as the Pro version. Last tiny difference is the theme colors of the app.

• Wow... 6 instances of Module Pro in AUM with 6 different instruments loaded and 4 MIDI FX (2 Riffers with Mozaic Probabiliy scripts). Then my usual Mastering Bus with MDES, Bark Filter, Barricade and the CPU/DSP hovered at 50%.

I can finally use all those IAP's I purchased you keyboard fun in my AUM projects and
    I'll see if the Cubasis 3 freezing works for larger DAW projects and collabs.

@LinearLineman can you do some Cubasis trials with your Module purchases? American Model D Steinway maybe? Scarbee E-Pianos?

• @ioue, very, very happy. Thank you.

@McD,I don’t have Scarbee but I will make an all Module track usingAmerican D.

• @ioue said:
    No difference between Module pro and Module except for the initially installed sounds. Those sounds are also available through the Essential series in the store of the app. So if you buy Essential Complete, it will be 99% same as the Pro version. Last tiny difference is the theme colors of the app.

so instead of spending 20$ on module pro you can just get the free version and buy the sounds for the same price... the only thing you don’t get is the initial presets that came with module pro? that’sa great deal imo then as i don’t really need the pianos just want a couple synths

• @reasOne said:

@ioue said:
    No difference between Module pro and Module except for the initially installed sounds. Those sounds are also available through the Essential series in the store of the app. So if you buy Essential Complete, it will be 99% same as the Pro version. Last tiny difference is the theme colors of the app.

so instead of spending 20$ on module pro you can just get the free version and buy the sounds for the same price... the only thing you don’t get is the initial presets that came with module pro? that’sa great deal imo then as i don’t really need the pianos just want a couple synths

Exactly what I did. Just bought a couple of packs 50% off, don’t need any of the sounds in Pro. Very pleased.

• They are expensive expansions but they are good stuff. Always buy when on sale.
    The KaPro stuff is really nice, as is the ivory pianos.
    I purchased the two new ones and the midi cc expansion to finish off mine.

Hoping for some more gadget updates soon that contain stuff besides “new gadgets”

• What’s the difference between module and pro version? What the difference in buying pack in one vs the other?

• so i have a question about an observation i just made...
    when the new synth is in 3d mode it plays single notes then when i switch it to 2d a single key press play a chord. is there a way to be in 2d and play single notes rather than chords