Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

Comments

• I think this is a bug. RockGuys are unblocked on my iPhone but I can't use it on any of my iPads. Also I see the usual notice on overloud's website about discount for desktop owners.

• @Kranick said:
    I think this is a bug. RockGuys are unblocked on my iPhone but I can't use it on any of my iPads. Also I see the usual notice on overloud's website about discount for desktop owners.

Have you updated thu on your iPads? Thu is one of those that doesn't always show it has an update available. I've updated both my iPads now and they're available on both. I didn't pay for this pack. Weirdly I had the sustainer a couple of days ago but had to update again yesterday to get the chorus delay.

• edited January 2022

I just checked again on my iPad and the RockyGuy stuff is not in my full/premium. I have to buy it as in IAP… I wonder if the bug has to do with people being on iOS 14 or 15 etc… but seems like those who have it free got lucky. It’s not even listed as part of the premium/full at all, just as an iap pack.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    I just checked again on my iPad and the RockyGuy stuff is not in my full/premium. I have to buy it as in IAP… I wonder if the bug has to do with people being on iOS 14 or 15 etc… but seems like those who have it free got lucky. It’s not even listed as part of the premium/full at all, just as an iap pack.

I think you are correct on iOS 14 or 15 bug. Both of my iPads are still 14 and my phone is 15 and they are locked on my phone.

• edited January 2022

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

I think you are correct on iOS 14 or 15 bug. Both of my iPads are still 14 and my phone is 15 and they are locked on my phone.

That could be it! I’m on 15. I’m not gonna tell them…

Hmm…. Maybe we can all downgrade to 14 and try out free stuff for a hot sec 🤣

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@Bootsy said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

That could be it! I’m on 15. I’m not gonna tell them…

Hmm…. Maybe we can all downgrade to 14 and try out free stuff for a hot sec 🤣

haha! Well im glad i got to try it out but i dont think i would buy it if it gets taken away from me

• Yeah it seems the RockMan is a pretty polarizing piece of kit. I remember @flo26 being really impressed when AmpliTube released the Joe Satriani bundle. He loved the Satch VM Marshall head and some of the pedals, but had zero interest in the RockMan. When it starts hitting those lust Bostonesque tones, that seems to be where the issue lies with many.

• I'm on 15 and just updated TH-U and they are still available. But it has showed up in the store where it was missing before the latest update. So they'll probably be unavailable after the next update. Tried it yesterday and didn't find a sound I liked so I probably skip it if they become unavailable.

• edited January 2022

Well, this is weird. I read the sales copy, and I have to say if you asked me what four artists would I never want to sound like, there's a good chance I would land on Def Leppard, Boston, Kiss and Joe Satriani. Which is exactly what Overloud claims the Rockguy emulates. And yet this video has me really interested. Mostly, I like that it just can sound weird.

• The use of the RockMan by Kiss was post Ace Frehley and the Dynasty album. Basically zero hit after that. If you didn’t like the guitar sounds of Kiss, then you didn’t like the sound of Marshall stacks — which would be unusual, but not unheard of. 🙃

• @SNystrom said:

@bobbyj8866 said:
    New version is up, with the Rockman. :D

I gigged with one for 10 years in the 90s, but they had hardware issues. Got noisy.The THU version is spot on and actually better. I’m going to see if I can resurrect my hardware version now. Probably to sell it.

https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rockguy

Was wondering if guys like @JoyceRoadStudios and others who purchased the THU Premium (all-in) pack received the new RockGuy release for free?

Just curious…

@SNystrom said:
    Yeah it seems the RockMan is a pretty polarizing piece of kit. I remember @flo26 being really impressed when AmpliTube released the Joe Satriani bundle. He loved the Satch VM Marshall head and some of the pedals, but had zero interest in the RockMan. When it starts hitting those lust Bostonesque tones, that seems to be where the issue lies with many.

You are right!
    I'm not at at all a Rockman guy.To my ears,this thing sound cold and lifeless.
    But,as always,it is a just a matter of taste.
    The fact is I don't like Tom Schlotz's guitar sound😉.
    That being said,Boston was a great band.

• Excellent. point, @SNystrom. Though every studio I ever recorded in had a Marshall stack, I never once saw one in the wild as a touring indie-rock musician in the '90s and early 2000s, though I'm sure J. Masics had them.

For those who know, is the Rockguy a different variant of the Nembrini PSA 1000? Can you achieve the same kind of Uncanny Valley guitar tone?

• I’m not surprised you didn’t see any Marshall stacks on the indie scene. I think like the punk movement not having a Marshall or a stack was their way of making an anti-corporate rock statement.

• I believe the PSA 1000 is based on a Sans Amp unit — which is also solid state.

• The Store bug has been found and fixed by THU.🥶

• edited January 2022

Just recorded a short jam with one of the THU's Dang Custom Rigs.

Never used a real Dumble but this library has a lot of great sounds! 100% pure fun! :smile:

• Oh wow, that was sweet!

@Kranick said:
    Just recorded a short jam with one of the THU's Dang Custom Rigs.

Never used a real Dumble but this library has a lot of great sounds! 100% pure fun! :smile:

• edited February 2022

New Rig libraries in the house! :D

BM WISSELOORD - RIG LIBRARY
    https://overloud.com/products/bm-wisseloord

BM Wisseloord is the TH-U expansion library, created by Bert Meulendijk, seeking to recreate the sound the Wisseloord Studios collection of rare amplifiers.

The library contains 179 Rigs and 33 patches captured from the following amplifiers:

Van Weelden Twinkleland* (34 rigs)
    Carr Mercury* (4 rigs)
    Deluxe Reverb* (4 rigs)
    Egnater* Mod 50 (18 rigs)
    Hiwatt* DR504 custom 50 (15 rigs)
    Marshall* Yngwie Malmsteen* (14 rigs)
    Kittyhawk* Supreme I (13 rigs)
    Laney* Supergroup MKI (17 rigs)
    Marshall* JTM* offset (15 rigs)
    Magnatone* Troubadour (2 rigs)
    MI Amplification* Megalith Beta MK II (29 rigs)
    Sound City* 50 plus (12 rigs)
    Watkins* Westminster (2 rigs)

• @Kranick said:

BM Wisseloord is the TH-U expansion library, created by Bert Meulendijk, seeking to recreate the sound the Wisseloord Studios collection of rare amplifiers.

The library contains 179 Rigs and 33 patches captured from the following amplifiers:

Carr Mercury* (4 rigs)
    Deluxe Reverb* (4 rigs)

From what I've heard in this video,(I've watched it this morning),nothing really new.
    I must say that I'm a little bit annoyed by the fact that their only goal now,seems to sell us new rigs every month.
    A little bit like Korg with gadget.
    Ok,I'm out😉.

• @flo26 said:

@Kranick said:

Carr Mercury* (4 rigs)
    Deluxe Reverb* (4 rigs)

From what I've heard in this video,(I've watched it this morning),nothing really new.
    I must say that I'm a little bit annoyed by the fact that their only goal now,seems to sell us new rigs every month.
    Ok,I'm out😉.

oh, you overestimate how often gadgets appears :)

• @MAtrixplan said:

@flo26 said:

@Kranick said:

Carr Mercury* (4 rigs)
    Deluxe Reverb* (4 rigs)

Ok,I'm out😉.

oh, you overestimate how often gadgets appears :)

I agree😉.

• Is it wise to buy the desktop pack if you don't ever see yourself recording on desktop?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Is it wise to buy the desktop pack if you don't ever see yourself recording on desktop?

I'm with you right there, fellow app addict. But I must ask you to put down the credit card!
    Repeat that question to yourself slowly in the mirror! If you really don't see yourself ever recording on desktop!?
    The answer is NO!
    :)

• @Kranick said:

There is also a reverb (stryverb (a big sky inspired reverb?)) and a parallel compressor included with the libraries. I'm tempted to by the Wisseloord library. Anybody tried it?

• Thanks friend. I appreciate it. Did the math, yes it's tempting. But did exactly as you said, and will wait for IOS specials. I'm staying 100% IOS. Love this family!

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Is it wise to buy the desktop pack if you don't ever see yourself recording on desktop?

I'm with you right there, fellow app addict. But I must ask you to put down the credit card!
    Repeat that question to yourself slowly in the mirror! If you really don't see yourself ever recording on desktop!?
    The answer is NO!
    :)

• I bought the EC Bogner one, it was worth the 18 bucks and I like it.

• I ended up bying the Wisseloord-library and I like what I've been trying so far. The two Magnatone-rigs sounds really good, and the Laney distorted ones are perfect if you want to play some Black Sabbath riffs.

• I'm gonna save for the Dang and Boogie MK5 rigs. Heard those and wow! Really will probably hold me til the next good THU special deals.

• Excellent choices, @Tones4Christ. I have both and always go to them first, followed by the Tone Impera!