Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

I spent a lot of money over the years and here is the “best of” for around $50.

First of all I bought the Funk collection. That gives you access to some nice pedals and a variety of amps

If you are wondering if the Rigs are worth it… Holy smokes… I am amazed at their quality.

Start with the American collection. Lots of nice stuff but the Twin Reverb is nuts. Tweak to taste.

Finally, if you want to dig deep into it a great amp with a little bit more natural break up, check out the Choptones Super reverb.

For what it’s worth, I also got the Mu Tron wah a la cart. And I am using a few pedals that I got in the funk collection.

—-

I have tried most of the amp sims. I am pleased also with Nembrini — particularly the Bst100.

However, the Fender amp that I and others begged for is not the Fender amp or sound I am really looking for. See above suggestions for Overloud THU.

For the first time ever, I am amazed with what I’m hearing and feeling.

«13456723

Comments

  • @audiobussy said:
    I spent a lot of money over the years and here is the “best of” for around $50.

    First of all I bought the Funk collection. That gives you access to some nice pedals and a variety of amps

    If you are wondering if the Rigs are worth it… Holy smokes… I am amazed at their quality.

    Start with the American collection. Lots of nice stuff but the Twin Reverb is nuts. Tweak to taste.

    Finally, if you want to dig deep into it a great amp with a little bit more natural break up, check out the Choptones Super reverb.

    For what it’s worth, I also got the Mu Tron wah a la cart. And I am using a few pedals that I got in the funk collection.

    —-

    I have tried most of the amp sims. I am pleased also with Nembrini — particularly the Bst100.

    However, the Fender amp that I and others begged for is not the Fender amp or sound I am really looking for. See above suggestions for Overloud THU.

    For the first time ever, I am amazed with what I’m hearing and feeling.

    I will second the Super Reverb Rig, and would add to the list the Bassman Rig which is perfect, and the Edge rig which is basically a modified tweed deluxe 5e3. They are AMAZING Fender captures, and clearly they were modeling from a great specimen of the original. In the THU collection I think the Choptones rigs sound slightly better than those of BHS, LRS, and native Overloud, although I also found a few of these others that were also great. BHS rigs come with ALOT of presets on top of the rigs, which is nice, and the rigs that are collections of several amps have a lot of variety though the captures aren’t as exhaustive. Anyway the Fender captures might be the best!

  • Yes for Fender sounds Overloud is also my favourite app, by far.

  • For non-guitar players the "All FX Bundle" for $23 is an amazing collection of stomp box
    BUT they do not include the coveted Distortion/Over Drives FX'es which are also sold in a bundle.

    TH-U is FREE but it's like crack.

    In-App Purchases
    TH-U FREE Pack
    TH-U Full for Desktop Owners $44.99
    TH-U Metal Collection $17.99
    American Classics Rig Library $0.99 (IF YOU OWN DESKTOP ALREADY)
    TH-U Full $109.99
    TH-U Rock Collection $17.99
    TH-U Funk and R&B Collection $17.99
    American Classics Rig Library $14.99
    British Classics Rig Expansion $0.99
    All FX Bundle $22.99

    There are dozens more Rig Library products... crack, you have been warned.

  • @JoyceRoadStudios said:

    @audiobussy said:
    I spent a lot of money over the years and here is the “best of” for around $50.

    First of all I bought the Funk collection. That gives you access to some nice pedals and a variety of amps

    If you are wondering if the Rigs are worth it… Holy smokes… I am amazed at their quality.

    Start with the American collection. Lots of nice stuff but the Twin Reverb is nuts. Tweak to taste.

    Finally, if you want to dig deep into it a great amp with a little bit more natural break up, check out the Choptones Super reverb.

    For what it’s worth, I also got the Mu Tron wah a la cart. And I am using a few pedals that I got in the funk collection.

    —-

    I have tried most of the amp sims. I am pleased also with Nembrini — particularly the Bst100.

    However, the Fender amp that I and others begged for is not the Fender amp or sound I am really looking for. See above suggestions for Overloud THU.

    For the first time ever, I am amazed with what I’m hearing and feeling.

    I will second the Super Reverb Rig, and would add to the list the Bassman Rig which is perfect, and the Edge rig which is basically a modified tweed deluxe 5e3. They are AMAZING Fender captures, and clearly they were modeling from a great specimen of the original. In the THU collection I think the Choptones rigs sound slightly better than those of BHS, LRS, and native Overloud, although I also found a few of these others that were also great. BHS rigs come with ALOT of presets on top of the rigs, which is nice, and the rigs that are collections of several amps have a lot of variety though the captures aren’t as exhaustive. Anyway the Fender captures might be the best!

    I was planning on buying the entire THU collection when it goes on sale but might not at this point. (That’s how impressed I am with the rigs, which are sold separately)

    Chop tones is superlative but I wanted a “chimey” Twin

    Thanks for the other recommendations — Which I have not tried

  • @richardyot said:
    Yes for Fender sounds Overloud is also my favourite app, by far.

    Have you tried any of the rigs?

  • edited September 2

    @McD said:
    For non-guitar players the "All FX Bundle" for $23 is an amazing collection of stomp box
    BUT they do not include the coveted Distortion/Over Drives FX'es which are also sold in a bundle.

    TH-U is FREE but it's like crack.

    In-App Purchases
    TH-U FREE Pack
    TH-U Full for Desktop Owners $44.99
    TH-U Metal Collection $17.99
    American Classics Rig Library $0.99 (IF YOU OWN DESKTOP ALREADY)
    TH-U Full $109.99
    TH-U Rock Collection $17.99
    TH-U Funk and R&B Collection $17.99
    American Classics Rig Library $14.99
    British Classics Rig Expansion $0.99
    All FX Bundle $22.99

    There are dozens more Rig Library products... crack, you have been warned.

    Probably sticking with Choptones rigs at this point. Can’t wait to try the two mentioned above… Particularly the Bassman

    But, yes, the pedals are probably worth it. At this point, I’m going to try to keep everything within THU rather than building my own “custom rig” using Aum or whatever

  • @audiobussy said:

    @richardyot said:
    Yes for Fender sounds Overloud is also my favourite app, by far.

    Have you tried any of the rigs?

    Not yet! As soon as I have some time I will.

  • @richardyot said:

    @audiobussy said:

    @richardyot said:
    Yes for Fender sounds Overloud is also my favourite app, by far.

    Have you tried any of the rigs?

    Not yet! As soon as I have some time I will.

    Just so people know, you simply unlock presets. No additional downloads are necessary. Which is good, because the app is huge :)

    That’s one plus of keeping a few Nembrinis around

  • I recommended the American collection, because I love the twin and because it gives you several other fender models. But if you know that you want a super, or a bassman, for example, then certainly go straight to the Choptones stuff (which go deep into a single amp — lots of “captures” with different settings

  • @richardyot said:
    Yes for Fender sounds Overloud is also my favourite app, by far.

    Exactly right.

  • As of the most recent update, TH-U for iOS now works with the iConnectAUDIO4+ interface which is great ... no app crashes!!!
    I'm really impressed with a couple of the free sounds and think it might be something I could bond with. Definitely thinking about jumping in but I'm confused about the pricing policy.

    The 'full' version shows as $110 USD in the app for me. I'd almost get the desktop version too and take the 50% discount but its way outta my price league at the moment. I assume there is no reverse discount policy for iOS users who want to crossgrade to the desktop version?

    So what exactly does the FULL purchase include? I get emails from Overloud all the time about new packs and sales and whatever they're doing and it seems like every item is a new purchase. Is that correct?

  • edited September 3

    @audiobussy said:
    I was planning on buying the entire THU collection when it goes on sale but might not at this point. (That’s how impressed I am with the rigs, which are sold separately)

    Chop tones is superlative but I wanted a “chimey” Twin

    Thanks for the other recommendations — Which I have not tried

    I could not stay away from the full pack even if there were 20 Metal amps I didn’t need. Because with all amps you get all the FX and pedals, all cabs which are highly customizable, and all preset banks, it’s a good deal and if it goes on sale it’s a no-brainer. And you can use the cabs and fx all around the rig player. I also play bass so the collection of bass amps and cabs was important to me, and they’re great.

    The Brunetti amps and the 3 Randall amps are my favorites, and it doesn’t hurt that they are licensed versions. The collection of clean amps is huge. Only a few misses for me, the 5150s and the Burnspheres are too fizzy and crispy. But the Marshalls and Plexi and Lynchbox amps are great. There’s just more than enough there to justify the purchase. But it is an overwhelming amount of choices, and one deep dive rig like the Bassman or Super Reverb could be the best choice, and they sound amazing. It’s just that with the amp sims you could sculpt them from scratch, so If you find a few great models it’s still worth it even if there’s a bunch you don’t use...

  • @Vaultnaemsae said:
    As of the most recent update, TH-U for iOS now works with the iConnectAUDIO4+ interface which is great ... no app crashes!!!
    I'm really impressed with a couple of the free sounds and think it might be something I could bond with. Definitely thinking about jumping in but I'm confused about the pricing policy.

    The 'full' version shows as $110 USD in the app for me. I'd almost get the desktop version too and take the 50% discount but its way outta my price league at the moment. I assume there is no reverse discount policy for iOS users who want to crossgrade to the desktop version?

    So what exactly does the FULL purchase include? I get emails from Overloud all the time about new packs and sales and whatever they're doing and it seems like every item is a new purchase. Is that correct?

    Short version is that you probably want to select Rigs, most likely from Choptones

    These are the best and are not included in the everything package for $110. Some of these individual amps cost $25

  • I’ve been curious about the FX, the Fender stuff is tempting but I already have a Fender Mustang amp which models several of their amps so it might be redundant to get these too

  • edited September 2

    @Vaultnaemsae said:
    As of the most recent update, TH-U for iOS now works with the iConnectAUDIO4+ interface which is great ... no app crashes!!!
    I'm really impressed with a couple of the free sounds and think it might be something I could bond with. Definitely thinking about jumping in but I'm confused about the pricing policy.

    The 'full' version shows as $110 USD in the app for me. I'd almost get the desktop version too and take the 50% discount but its way outta my price league at the moment. I assume there is no reverse discount policy for iOS users who want to crossgrade to the desktop version?

    So what exactly does the FULL purchase include? I get emails from Overloud all the time about new packs and sales and whatever they're doing and it seems like every item is a new purchase. Is that correct?

    The emails you get are about new Rig additions added to the store. They’re not part of the full pack.

    The THU full pack is $110 and comes with all amps, cabs, fx, pedals, and opens all the presets. It’s their entire sim collection, some are licensed versions of amps and others are approximations. It does not come with any of the Rigs except for 10 free rigs that come with the demo. The amp collection all has amp faces of the models, but the Rigs use the all purpose “Rig Player” which is just an amp face you load different rigs into.

    The Rigs are a separate collection that you have to purchase one by one. They’re modeled after capturing the specific amp from the specific year, and “Rigs” are basically just a massive collection of presets for the amp in all its iterations. So when you use an amp sim from the full pack you can adjust it from scratch however you like, but a Rig comes with anywhere between 50-300 “rigs” which are exhaustive presets meant to be played as is or only for minor adjustment on the rig player face.

    The reason the rigs are expensive is because they’re exhaustive captures of a specific legendary amp, rather than an all encompassing algorithm of an amp sim approximation. Some of the “rigs” do sound better than the “sims” but as explained they’re meant to be used as presented and are not as customizable. For players who prefer exhaustive custom tailored presets this is better. I hope this helps, it’s really confusing. I use both the full pack and the rigs. Overall some of the rig sounds are the very best in the collection, and you can get a taste of the rigs with the “free 10 for logged users” bank. I noticed they sounded more real which led me to buy more rigs. Wallet beware!

  • McDMcD
    edited September 2

    I see people buy 10-20 FX apps for $5-10... do the math... that's $50-200 in FX'es
    and you're still only scratching the surface of FX inventions.

    For $23 you will get a historic overview of 58 FX inventions in categories:

    1. Reverb
    2. Phaser
    3. Flanger
    4. Chorus
    5. Delay
    6. Compressor
    7. EQ, Tremolo
    8. Vibrato
    9. Pitch
    10. Wah
    11. Noise Reduction
    12. Volume
    13. Acoustic Guitar Sim

    That's $0.40 each but 58 of them that you can assemble in any order using multiples of any.

    NOTE: The 19 Distortion, Overdrive, Fuzz stomps will cost anther $
    24. But IMHO most of these are pedals designed to to what the great amps do so pick the right Amps.

  • @JoyceRoadStudios said:

    @Vaultnaemsae said:
    As of the most recent update, TH-U for iOS now works with the iConnectAUDIO4+ interface which is great ... no app crashes!!!
    I'm really impressed with a couple of the free sounds and think it might be something I could bond with. Definitely thinking about jumping in but I'm confused about the pricing policy.

    The 'full' version shows as $110 USD in the app for me. I'd almost get the desktop version too and take the 50% discount but its way outta my price league at the moment. I assume there is no reverse discount policy for iOS users who want to crossgrade to the desktop version?

    So what exactly does the FULL purchase include? I get emails from Overloud all the time about new packs and sales and whatever they're doing and it seems like every item is a new purchase. Is that correct?

    The emails you get are about new Rig additions added to the store. They’re not part of the full pack.

    The THU full pack is $110 and comes with all amps, cabs, fx, pedals, and opens all the presets. It’s their entire sim collection, some are licensed versions of amps and others are approximations. It does not come with any of the Rigs except for 10 free rigs that come with the demo. The amp collection all has amp faces of the models, but the Rigs use the all purpose “Rig Player” which is just an amp face you load different rigs into.

    The Rigs are a separate collection that you have to purchase one by one. They’re modeled after capturing the specific amp from the specific year, and “Rigs” are basically just a massive collection of presets for the amp in all its iterations. So when you use an amp sim from the full pack you can adjust it from scratch however you like, but a Rig comes with anywhere between 50-300 “rigs” which are exhaustive presets meant to be played as is or only for minor adjustment on the rig player face.

    The reason the rigs are expensive is because they’re exhaustive captures of a specific legendary amp, rather than an all encompassing algorithm of an amp sim approximation. Some of the “rigs” do sound better than the “sims” but as explained they’re meant to be used as presented and are not as customizable. For players who prefer exhaustive custom tailored presets this is better. I hope this helps, it’s really confusing. I use both the full pack and the rigs. Overall some of the rig sounds are the very best in the collection, and you can get a taste of the rigs with the “free 10 for logged users” bank. I noticed they sounded more real which led me to buy more rigs. Wallet beware!

    Thank you for the highly detailed description! This is really very helpful.

    One more question, if I may...are purchased rigs cross-platform? i.e. Will a purchased rig work on both iOS and desktop?

  • @McD said:
    I see people buy 10-20 FX apps for $5-10... do the math... that's $50-200 in FX'es
    and you're still only scratching the surface of FX inventions.

    For $23 you will get a historic overview of 58 FX inventions in categories:

    1. Reverb
    2. Phaser
    3. Flanger
    4. Chorus
    5. Delay
    6. Compressor
    7. EQ, Tremolo
    8. Vibrato
    9. Pitch
    10. Wah
    11. Noise Reduction
    12. Volume
    13. Acoustic Guitar Sim

    That's $0.40 each but 58 of them that you can assemble in any order using multiples of any.

    NOTE: The 19 Distortion, Overdrive, Fuzz stomps will cost anther $
    24. But IMHO most of these are pedals designed to to what the great amps do so pick the right Amps.

    Also great info, thank you>

  • @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Thank you for the highly detailed description! This is really very helpful.

    One more question, if I may...are purchased rigs cross-platform? i.e. Will a purchased rig work on both iOS and desktop?

    I’m not 100% sure because I only use iOS, but I think desktop and iOS rigs are separate purchases since they’re priced differently and don’t have identical features. However, on the Overloud website it says if you already own the Desktop Full version, then iOS full is only $50 instead of $110, and if you own a desktop rig then that iOS rig is only $1 which is a steal. So you get deals from desktop to iOS but not the other way around.

    I also noticed the same desktop and iOS rigs can have major price differences. For example Silver Jubilee is $15 iOS and $50 desktop, whereas other rigs can be $25 iOS and $30 desktop.

  • @JoyceRoadStudios said:

    @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Thank you for the highly detailed description! This is really very helpful.

    One more question, if I may...are purchased rigs cross-platform? i.e. Will a purchased rig work on both iOS and desktop?

    I’m not 100% sure because I only use iOS, but I think desktop and iOS rigs are separate purchases since they’re priced differently and don’t have identical features. However, on the Overloud website it says if you already own the Desktop Full version, then iOS full is only $50 instead of $110, and if you own a desktop rig then that iOS rig is only $1 which is a steal. So you get deals from desktop to iOS but not the other way around.

    I also noticed the same desktop and iOS rigs can have major price differences. For example Silver Jubilee is $15 iOS and $50 desktop, whereas other rigs can be $25 iOS and $30 desktop.

    No. The chips on the desktop and IOS prevent the app form being portable and they want to sell you both products. Very few companies make the Desktop/IOS combination work to your advantage. StageLight (now Zenbeats) was the exception but Roland might change that.

    Still. All those rigs for $1 if you get hooked on their crack might make you go FULL on the Desktop which is in the $200 range I think. Then $1000's in rigs for $50 will seem like a great
    "habit"... like musical methadone.

  • @McD said:

    @JoyceRoadStudios said:

    @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Thank you for the highly detailed description! This is really very helpful.

    One more question, if I may...are purchased rigs cross-platform? i.e. Will a purchased rig work on both iOS and desktop?

    I’m not 100% sure because I only use iOS, but I think desktop and iOS rigs are separate purchases since they’re priced differently and don’t have identical features. However, on the Overloud website it says if you already own the Desktop Full version, then iOS full is only $50 instead of $110, and if you own a desktop rig then that iOS rig is only $1 which is a steal. So you get deals from desktop to iOS but not the other way around.

    I also noticed the same desktop and iOS rigs can have major price differences. For example Silver Jubilee is $15 iOS and $50 desktop, whereas other rigs can be $25 iOS and $30 desktop.

    No. The chips on the desktop and IOS prevent the app form being portable and they want to sell you both products. Very few companies make the Desktop/IOS combination work to your advantage. StageLight (now Zenbeats) was the exception but Roland might change that.

    Still. All those rigs for $1 if you get hooked on their crack might make you go FULL on the Desktop which is in the $200 range I think. Then $1000's in rigs for $50 will seem like a great
    "habit"... like musical methadone.

    lol exactly

  • @JoyceRoadStudios said:

    @McD said:

    @JoyceRoadStudios said:

    @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Thank you for the highly detailed description! This is really very helpful.

    One more question, if I may...are purchased rigs cross-platform? i.e. Will a purchased rig work on both iOS and desktop?

    I’m not 100% sure because I only use iOS, but I think desktop and iOS rigs are separate purchases since they’re priced differently and don’t have identical features. However, on the Overloud website it says if you already own the Desktop Full version, then iOS full is only $50 instead of $110, and if you own a desktop rig then that iOS rig is only $1 which is a steal. So you get deals from desktop to iOS but not the other way around.

    I also noticed the same desktop and iOS rigs can have major price differences. For example Silver Jubilee is $15 iOS and $50 desktop, whereas other rigs can be $25 iOS and $30 desktop.

    No. The chips on the desktop and IOS prevent the app form being portable and they want to sell you both products. Very few companies make the Desktop/IOS combination work to your advantage. StageLight (now Zenbeats) was the exception but Roland might change that.

    Still. All those rigs for $1 if you get hooked on their crack might make you go FULL on the Desktop which is in the $200 range I think. Then $1000's in rigs for $50 will seem like a great
    "habit"... like musical methadone.

    lol exactly

    I've had many addictions in my life and these IOS apps seem to have the least side effects.

    I was addicted to 33 1/3 vinyl and tried cassette tapes for the car and moved on to CD's getting 3 versions of most music. I injected $1,000's straight into my ears. At least with IOS apps I can make my own "stash".

    The worst was when I got hooked on guitars and started collecting one of each type, vendor and model. There was an intervention and I went cold turkey and haven't bought a new guitar in almost a year... one day at a time. I was reading about one last night and got that old craving but it passed.

  • I find it all a bit daunting, and there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation of everything on their site, though I might have missed it.

    The way I THINK it works is that the AMPS are modelled, like Amplitube etc, a digital modelling of the circuit components.
    But the RIGS are Impulse response based, like Kemper but in software. Because they use the word 'capture' to describe it.

    Is that right?

    Then I couldn't fathom whether CHOPTUNES was a reference to a musical style or an amp manufacturer, but I googled it and it seems to be a separate company that makes 'captures' or presets for a bunch of products like Kemper and Amplitube, to use examples from both modelling and IR. But they are labeled on the THU page kinda like they are their own thing.

    I would find it really helpful if companies included a top level explanation of these things with all their marketing speak which doesn't really explain the big picture. But maybe that's just me...

    I want a nice Fender style amp too, I have IK Fender 2 which IS very nice but AUv3 has become more important to me.

  • @SimonSomeone said:
    I find it all a bit daunting, and there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation of everything on their site, though I might have missed it.

    They have a FULL Manual that can disclose details on the TH-U components:

    https://overloud.com/products/th-u-full

    The way I THINK it works is that the AMPS are modelled, like Amplitube etc, a digital modelling of the circuit components.
    But the RIGS are Impulse response based, like Kemper but in software. Because they use the word 'capture' to describe it.

    Is that right?

    No. Kemper and the others make hardware that can be loaded with plug-ins. It our terms it's like a hardware DAW and you can buy plug-ins from companies like Choptones.

    Choptones uses engineering software approaches very similar to what OverLoud, IK Multimedia and Nembrini use to sell modeled Amps. Only they model a complete rig with stomps as well. It's really just extra knobs in the configuration to change the output to match what they detected in their lab when the stomp and amp knobs are turned and extra touches for the cabinets and mic combinations.

    Choptones sells it's plug-ins for Kemper Fractal, Mooer hardware owners and detecting an additional market to server Overloud has made a software-based amp-modeling application they call the iRig Player.

    Confusiong since they compete with themselves but as you can see... many buy the amps and the Rigs so they are doing well.

    Then I couldn't fathom whether CHOPTUNES was a reference to a musical style or an amp manufacturer, but I googled it and it seems to be a separate company that makes 'captures' or presets for a bunch of products like Kemper and Amplitube, to use examples from both modelling and IR. But they are labeled on the THU page kinda like they are their own thing.

    Just for Overloud I thin there are 3 plug-in partners: ChopTones, BHS and LRS. And OverLoud also makes and sells it's own Rigs to load into the TH-U's Rig Player.

    I would find it really helpful if companies included a top level explanation of these things with all their marketing speak which doesn't really explain the big picture. But maybe that's just me...

    I think they try but it takes a great marketing/communications department to help explain everything. Kind of like the manuals for synths... some are good and most don't exist.

    I want a nice Fender style amp too, I have IK Fender 2 which IS very nice but AUv3 has become more important to me.

    OverLoud does nice Fenders in both amp and Rig instances using their engineers and the efforts of ChopTones engineering teams to model the classic Fender tones.

  • @SimonSomeone said:
    I find it all a bit daunting, and there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation of everything on their site, though I might have missed it.

    The way I THINK it works is that the AMPS are modelled, like Amplitube etc, a digital modelling of the circuit components.
    But the RIGS are Impulse response based, like Kemper but in software. Because they use the word 'capture' to describe it.

    Is that right?

    Then I couldn't fathom whether CHOPTUNES was a reference to a musical style or an amp manufacturer, but I googled it and it seems to be a separate company that makes 'captures' or presets for a bunch of products like Kemper and Amplitube, to use examples from both modelling and IR. But they are labeled on the THU page kinda like they are their own thing.

    I would find it really helpful if companies included a top level explanation of these things with all their marketing speak which doesn't really explain the big picture. But maybe that's just me...

    I want a nice Fender style amp too, I have IK Fender 2 which IS very nice but AUv3 has become more important to me.

    No. “Sampled amps” aren’t IRs. They still involve simulation. If you look 10 or 15 posts back, you’ll find a discussion. If it were possible to simply model amps with IRs, amps sims would be a dime a dozen.

  • As in most things we covet: once you have it you start to covet the thing you do NOT currently have. So, FULL keeps you busy for a few weeks. Then you can get serious about Rig Collecting.

    And then you realize you need a new guitar or a hardware amp modeler or something like
    the Boss Waza-Air for example... (always something new):

    https://www.boss.info/us/products/waza-air/

    No cables.

    But I'll make do with an iPhone 5S velcro'ed to my guitar and an iRig HD and wired headphones. But the heart wants what it does not have. I think it's my heart.

  • Thanks @McD and @espiegel123 for that info, and correcting my misapprehensions.

    I do know that straight IR's don't capture an amp with all it's settings, yet Kemper seem to do something that is not modelling, as you can 'profile' any amp with their technology. So it seems to be something 'in the ballpark' of IR rather than the ballpark of modelling.. in that they don't have to model the circuitry of the specific amp being profiled.

    So the 'capture' thing had that implication to it.

    I'll read that manual that was linked, and the previous discussion.

  • @McD said:

    But I'll make do with an iPhone 5S velcro'ed to my guitar and an iRig HD and wired headphones. But the heart wants what it does not have. I think it's my heart.

    Indeed, I know all about that covetting. But I just show my heart my bank balance, and it skulks off in a huff. That sounds like a cool rig BTW.

  • @SimonSomeone said:
    Thanks @McD and @espiegel123 for that info, and correcting my misapprehensions.

    I do know that straight IR's don't capture an amp with all it's settings, yet Kemper seem to do something that is not modelling, as you can 'profile' any amp with their technology. So it seems to be something 'in the ballpark' of IR rather than the ballpark of modelling.. in that they don't have to model the circuitry of the specific amp being profiled.

    So the 'capture' thing had that implication to it.

    I'll read that manual that was linked, and the previous discussion.

    Sorry. The discussion was in another thread. Kemper is not the only profiling amp. And the 'sampling' is for analyzing the non-linearities that give a particular amp its characteristic and are used to build up parameters to feed to an amp simulation to the the simulation the characteristics that are like the amp being "sampled".

    See the discussion here:

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/843492/#Comment_843492

    It is somewhat of an oversimplification but gives you the idea. Lots of digital amps use this technique -- and the extent to which they do or don't sound like the target has everything to do with the amp simulation whose parameters are being refined with the sampling.

  • edited September 3

    Here’s something cool I discovered tonight on the Overloud website... https://www.overloud.com/rig-libraries

    If you click “Learn More” under each Rig one by one, a bunch of them have free extra patches you can download. You can see the downloads in the upper right corner of your browser and after clicking on them they instantly transfer into Overloud’s banks menu at the bottom. Some of the presets in the new banks have the same names as the originals but they’re actually different. They’re just extra sets of rig presets but it’s still awesome, here’s the visual...

    There are 12 Rigs offering extra patches at the moment...

Sign In or Register to comment.