Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THU—Holy Grail for Fender sound

Comments

• That’s so cool Wim! Yeah, i really think we got something going here! It’s crazy how most of the guitar sims do have their pros and cons, but in reality, most can be made to sound amazing if one gets a little flexible with routing and levels. It has a lot to do with guitar pickups as well. One thing i learned is that if i have bad hum making pickups, no matter how good the software, I’ll get bad sound. It starts at the beginning. Guitar, then cables, then levels, then software, and so on.

I was messing with the free stuff from Overloud, and wow, was blown away how great it came to sound. But remember, that’s because of me tweaking it to fit my setup. Like, my preset sounds great on my guitar pickup selection setting which uses the bridge & middle pickups. Forgot what setting that is, second from the bottom on my Strat. So, if i try that same preset with the Tele, it sounds ok but not great.

So, i know you’ve had your love/hate struggles with Overloud, but perhaps you can try my preset. You might even hate it more! 😂 lol!

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:

This little gadget should the job to warm up your guitar tone!
    Going out to FOH should be fine then as tone has been fully processed in the box to taste. 🎸❤️👍🏼

I have the dual channel one got a long time ago but works awesome!

I have to revise my comment that I get too much hiss from the TubeMP. For fun I dug it back out and found it's just fine with the iPad. I think I haven't used it since way back when I was recording into a Windows PC amp sim :D. Either that or it was because I was running the line-out into a hi-z guitar interface. I used a microphone cable instead this time.

It sounds great warming up the tone going into the iPad! B)

• That’s so crazy, got me digging, guess what?
    My Zoom G3 on my current pedalboard has a built in Audio interface which has a built in DI with XLR out. And with regular Analog stereo outs! So this is basically almost the same as the one you mentioned! Of course the G3 has built in effects but can be all bypassed if desired. So in essence it can serve as the pre for the iPhone or ipad, then connect to iPad as an audio interface, then send out to FOH through XLR, then to monitor via analog outs left and right!

I’m gonna try all this but not today. Too 🥱 😴 . 😅

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Piggybacking on the warming up the iPad topic, I was just researching this new pedal that came out from Source Audio a few days ago…

https://www.sourceaudio.net/zio-analog-front-end-boost.html

Now this has a lot of potential to me as the link in between the guitar and the audio interface, but also as a dual path. It has 4 analog preamps to choose from, which could give our bus powered home studio interfaces a lot of color and feel. Interfaces like motu and focusrite etc… they’re going for transparency, fidelity, best signal to noise, etc… they’re not going for color. So a pedal like this right before the interface could be a big factor in improving the guitar’s core tone and feel pre digital, before any sound is even processed inside the iPad. The pedal can be a unity gain sound or a boost if you want, it has a capacitance toggle which simulates different cable runs (which I think is actually just eq curves rather than actual capacitance load changes). But the most exciting sneaky feature is that it has both an output for an amp and a line out for di. So I can run this pedal out to my actual amp and pedalboard, and also to my interface and iPad at the same time! On top of that there’s a “mute” toggle option which means you can press the footswitch to bypass just the amp out but the line out still passes signal.

I know there are so many devices like this with so many feature sets, but this one is intriguing just for the pres alone…

• @flo26 , definitely true. The cleanest path to Software the better. For me since I’m using a really cheap Beringher UC202 $25 audio interface, i do have to connect to a pre amp which I’ve had for years! It has a buit in tube which warms up my mics and guitars prior to going to iPad through the UC202.

• @flo26 said:

@flo26 said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:
    Piggybacking on the warming up the iPad topic, I was just researching this new pedal that came out from Source Audio a few days

@Tones4Christ said:
    @flo26 , definitely true. The cleanest path to Software the better. For me since I’m using a really cheap Beringher UC202 $25 audio interface, i do have to connect to a pre amp which I’ve had for years! It has a buit in tube which warms up my mics and guitars prior to going to iPad through the UC202.

I understand.
    Good choice.
    I'd like to hear the results @Tones4Christ .
    Flo

• edited January 2022

Thanks @flo26 will try 😅

Link to way better pics of my preamp:

https://reverb.com/item/15300945-a-r-t-di-o-tube-mic-preamp-system-used-iss3634

• In AUM do you set THU Overloud as Pre or Post? If you are staying totally inside Overloud.

• Thanks Kranick, i can tell the difference! If i turn off the super cab there’s a difference for sure.

@Kranick said:
    Just prepared a preset consisting of free THU's gear (included in the free version) PLUS SuperCabinet with couple of IRs.

SuperCabinet is a "revolutionary cabinet IR processor" but its available in desktop version only. But it you create the preset on desktop with SuperCabinet module within, you could transfer it on iOS. As far as I see, it works good regardless of purchasing SuperCabinet's libraries for desktop.

Here is the preset:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e3mor3awq464io/THU Free Preset.ovp?dl=0

Everyone can download this one to your iOS device and download into the THU.

This preset has two scenes.

Scene "A" use SuperCabinet and 2 IRs within. First one is Fender Princeton Custom Reverb '68 1x10 with Celestion Ten 30 speakers. Second IR is Marshall 4x12 1968 with Celestion GH12-preRola speakers.

Scene "B" turn off SuperCabinet and turn on regular THU's cabinet (2x12 OB Green) which available in the free version.

Here is screenshot of SuperCabinet module within:

So, now everyone can try the SuperCabinet on his device and compare with the regular cabsim :smile:

• Question:

I just purchased the Choptones Fend Bass 50 pack, and when I try to add the serial to the (desktop) app, it tells me that "it can only be authorized if I have a license for TH-U."

My question is, does this mean I have to buy the full TH-U for €269? Or are there other options?

To be clear, this is for desktop. The purchase already unlocked the iOS version for 99c.

• edited January 2022

@mistercharlie said:
    Question:

I just purchased the Choptones Fend Bass 50 pack, and when I try to add the serial to the (desktop) app, it tells me that "it can only be authorized if I have a license for TH-U."

My question is, does this mean I have to buy the full TH-U for €269? Or are there other options?

To be clear, this is for desktop. The purchase already unlocked the iOS version for 99c.

You need to buy the cheapest desktop bundle possible that includes the Rig Player, such as rock/funk/metal bundle. They go on sale periodically for like $50. And new bundles that get released have intro prices. It’s a tougher pill to swallow at full price. On iOS the Rig player comes free with the app, but the iOS rig prices can be more expensive than desktop rigs at intro price. Desktop also has Rig bundles, some of which have a great collection of 3 rigs at a slight discount. You have to search the site for all these offerings.

But yes the cheapest desktop bundle that has r rig player, plus five intro price or on sale rigs, plus the same five rigs on iOS for $1 each, this makes that desktop bundle pay for itself, in a way.

I don’t think you can just buy the rig player on desktop as a single component. Furthermore, the fact that the desktop rigs you purchase don’t just come with the rig player thrown in is kind of BS….

• New version is up, with the Rockman. :D

I gigged with one for 10 years in the 90s, but they had hardware issues. Got noisy.The THU version is spot on and actually better. I’m going to see if I can resurrect my hardware version now. Probably to sell it.

https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rockguy

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Question:

You need to buy the cheapest desktop bundle possible that includes the Rig Player, such as rock/funk/metal bundle. They go on sale periodically for like $50. And new bundles that get released have intro prices. It’s a tougher pill to swallow at full price. On iOS the Rig player comes free with the app, but the iOS rig prices can be more expensive than desktop rigs at intro price. Desktop also has Rig bundles, some of which have a great collection of 3 rigs at a slight discount. You have to search the site for all these offerings.

But yes the cheapest desktop bundle that has r rig player, plus five intro price or on sale rigs, plus the same five rigs on iOS for $1 each, this makes that desktop bundle pay for itself, in a way.

I don’t think you can just buy the rig player on desktop as a single component. Furthermore, the fact that the desktop rigs you purchase don’t just come with the rig player thrown in is kind of BS….

I'll probably go for the funk bundle, as it has a couple of nice amps and some good basic effects. And then I'm done, I think ;)

• edited January 2022

@mistercharlie said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Question:

I'll probably go for the funk bundle, as it has a couple of nice amps and some good basic effects. And then I'm done, I think ;)

imho funk is the best bundle. But there’s also the 60s pack which I like, and the Eric Gales pack which I don’t have. The rock bundle is good too. But yes pick the bundle that gives you the most components you actually want.

• edited January 2022

@mistercharlie also the checkout and purchase page on the overloud site can be strange. Sometimes they list a pack for $70 but when you check out it’s suddenly $55. And it fluctuates every day. So check the prices at checkout rather than the listed price.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    @mistercharlie also the checkout and purchase page on the overloud site can be strange. Sometimes they list a pack for $70 but when you check out it’s suddenly $55. And it fluctuates every day. So check the prices at checkout rather than the listed price.

Every time I buy software on the web, I’m reminded of how great the buying experience is on iOS.

• edited January 2022

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

I purchase Overloud’s everything on JRR.
    https://www.jrrshop.com/overloud?dir=desc&order=special_from_date

• @Kranick said:

@JoyceRoadStudios said:

I purchase Overloud’s everything on JRR. Usually it has all rig libraries, and you could use promo code “group” and everything will be even cheaper.

👍👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿👍🏾👍🏽👍🏼👍🏻👍

• @bobbyj8866 said:
    New version is up, with the Rockman. :D

I gigged with one for 10 years in the 90s, but they had hardware issues. Got noisy.The THU version is spot on and actually better. I’m going to see if I can resurrect my hardware version now. Probably to sell it.

Was wondering if guys like @JoyceRoadStudios and others who purchased the THU Premium (all-in) pack received the new RockGuy release for free?

Just curious…

• @SNystrom said:

@bobbyj8866 said:
    New version is up, with the Rockman. :D

Was wondering if guys like @JoyceRoadStudios and others who purchased the THU Premium (all-in) pack received the new RockGuy release for free?

Just curious…

Yes I got both of them and a eq as well. I have the premium pack.

• @SNystrom I have THU Premium. And yes, this release is free but if you want to use new amp you have to pay :smile:

• edited January 2022

On IOS, If later i buy the amps/cabs pack and I already own the fx/dist packs will it be considered as if having the r premium? Or will i need to buy the premium all over again?

Sorry, just read having all three makes it as having the THU Overloud premium. 👍🏼

• As far as I see, there is only one new gear in this pack: Rockmam/ RockGuy. All other pedals are included to the Premium (EQ was added in December). So I think it’s a little bit expensive for only one amp. You can have the same amp (with bunch of very useful pedals) within Amplitube for $9.99 on sales. RockGuy is on sale now too, it doesn’t have any new FX, and it costs for $27.99…

I think I will try it on desktop but I’m not sure. I have Amplitube’s Rockman and it sounds great. So I think I will skip this one.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    On IOS, If later i buy the amps/cabs pack and I already own the fx/dist packs will it be considered as if having the r premium? Or will i need to buy the premium all over again?

you get no credit for the packs you have.

• edited January 2022

@Kranick said:
    As far as I see, there is only one new gear in this pack: Rockmam/ RockGuy. All other pedals are included to the Premium (EQ was added in December). So I think it’s a little bit expensive for only one amp. You can have the same amp (with bunch of very useful pedals) within Amplitube for $9.99 on sales. RockGuy is on sale now too, it doesn’t have any new FX, and it costs for $27.99…

I think I will try it on desktop but I’m not sure. I have Amplitube’s Rockman and it sounds great. So I think I will skip this one.

Not quite correct. Also why is your TH-U RockGuy listed at $27.99. Mine is listed at $22.99.

Anyway, it’s actually a new pack and it has several components as well as patches. You get the RockMan and the RockGuy which are 11.99 each a la carte. On top of that you get the tremolo pedal and the vca comp, which already exist in thu premium, but obviously not for those who don’t own thu premium, so this pack is an alternative way to get the trem and vca. Often times in thu you buy a new pack which has components you already have. That is normal. I’m definitely going to skip this at $22.99, but to clarify, it doesn’t come free with thu premium, but it’s not just one component, it’s a new pack of several components and patches.

@SNystrom here’s an easy tip. If you’re ever confused about what components are sold where, all you have to do is pick a component a la carte in the store, and read the description. It lists every single pack or bundle that the component exists in or can be bought in. It’s that simple. Certain components exist in many bundles, some in one only one. And a few components belong nowhere and have to be bought separately. And a few others only exist a la carte or if you buy a specific Rig.

Adding to the confusion, thu updates regularly add components that actually are free and are just added into the premium pack or into the free thu. Like in a few recent updates, stuff was just added to thu premium free of charge. But my point is you can just check in the store under the description of each component.

It’s also confusing for people who bought thu premium and just expect everything free from now on. I don’t think that’s a reason to be upset at overloud, they’re just trying to make money, and this is why it’s now called Premium and not Full.

Lastly, I’ve talked to the devs over email a lot, and the reason some things are free and others cost money has to do with the fact that they have many different designers of different tiers. They assign different things to different designers, and certain things get pushed out quick for free while others take a lot of development, and of course licensing costs on some things, etc…

Hope that helps everyone.

• @JoyceRoadStudios, in a way that’s kinda what I thought. Was hoping the Rock Guy was an actual rig release at first, but after updating the app and not finding it there, I discovered it in that netherworld area.

I love the quality of THU, but damn, it seems like virtually every release they have adds a new level of confusion.

I guess instead of bitching about it I should just accept/ignore it and enjoy the rigs I already have and love!

• It’s a strange thing but both RockGuys are unblocked on my iPhone but not on iPad…

• @Kranick said:
    It’s a strange thing but both RockGuys are unblocked on my iPhone but not on iPad…

Strange, was your snapshot of $27.99 from the desktop store? I think there are just enough inconsistencies to throw everyone off..

• @SNystrom said:
    @JoyceRoadStudios, in a way that’s kinda what I thought. Was hoping the Rock Guy was an actual rig release at first, but after updating the app and not finding it there, I discovered it in that netherworld area.

I love the quality of THU, but damn, it seems like virtually every release they have adds a new level of confusion.

I guess instead of bitching about it I should just accept/ignore it and enjoy the rigs I already have and love!

The confusion from everyone is justified! Not only from the myriad of releases that are bundles? Packs? Rigs? But also because there’s no real explanation, you kind of have to stumble around and figure out what they all mean… but at least it sounds good!

• Thank god we have people like you @JoyceRoadStudios and others who have spent uncountable hours (and dollars) in an attempt to figure the Overloud maze out.

I truly feel sorry for the poor THU users who aren’t on the AB Forum and are left to their own confusion with zero guidance.

I’m most grateful for those who have shared their Overloud tips and tricks since their IOS launch.

Bless you all.

• I have premium and both Rockguys are available for me. The Eric Giles-stuff is not, and the 60's pack was also not included, but the Rockguys are.