Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll update is coming soon

Comments

• @_ki said:
    Hey, don‘t get greedy :)

Let‘s just be happy that the main hurdle (updating the codebase to current IOS dev environment) has been overcome and the development of new features could finally continue.

There are already so many advancements and new features in the upcoming version, adding song mode would push back the release. Probably a lot of people are eagerly waiting for what can be seen in the screenshots, it‘s better to take small steps to the final goal of song mode than to wait half a year or more.

+1

• The scale thing is amazing! Love it! Thanks man! Keep happy coding 👊🏼🙃

• I'm very excited about the update :)
    I use Atom in almost every track as it has the best piano roll in my opinion.
    Hopefully the update doesn’t break old stuff 😔
    There seems to be a lot of changes on the horizon.

• @blueveek I wouldn't mind to pay for the update. It costs you lots of time and Atom 2 looks very promising. Maybe via a PayPal donation or something like that. Take your time!

• @gregsmith said:
    Me: stop asking for new features, just let @blueveek get this finished!

Also me: so can I just request this tiny feature... 😊

True I’ve been trying to keep my mouth shut on this one. Lol. I can’t wait. I use atom as much as AUM, and that says a lot.

• @blueveek said:

@enkaytee said:
    Cheeky question for the dev - @blueveek hi, have you had any thoughts about pricing when the update drops? Atom is definitely on my shopping list but I'll hold off if there's going to be any chance of a price drop before or after the update - I know, I should just buy it now, but hey, who doesn't love a bargain...😁

Check out a previous reply of mine in this tread regarding update pricing: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/835582/#Comment_835582

@audiblevideo said:

IDEA:

Riffer allows for you to dial in how many times the root note (of any arbitrary scale) is repeated. Perhaps a reverse of this idea could be implemented.

Allow the user how many notes (maybe even using the note duration since those passing notes give color) are to be outside the scale. To be determined randomly(?)

This could be a very interesting addition in a potential "probability toolkit". Thanks!

@wim said:
    As long as start and stop are AU automatable, we will be able to use one Atom instance to sequence patterns in others, whether there’s a Sony mode or not.

That's my thinking for now as well. I have a lot of ideas around various song/scene modes, but those will have to wait.

--

An aside: I'm having a blast reading your suggestions. I'm writing them down, so keep them coming. I would like all of you to keep in mind that to finally release this sooner rather than later, not all of them will make this first cut. And as @_ki mentioned, the main hurdle was overcome, so future updates should happen with more frequency.

In the meantime here's a quick teaser of the new scales menu (no more pesky horizontal toolbar). The scales are ordered by category (natural, harmonic, pentatonic etc.), and each scale lists all of its modes (major, minor etc.) ordered by brightness (an approximation of how bright, happy, sad or dark they sound). Oh, you can favourite them too!

@blueveek I’ll be happy to pay something for all your hard work, however it would be nice if Atom owners could either just pay for IAP upgrade instead of whole app, or if you decide on a new app aka Atom 2 it could come out with a discounted upgrade bundle. Cheers. Can’t wait to use this.

Is there a Beta? Or will there be one soon? If so, consider me interested...

• I’d gladly pay for Atom 2

• I too use Atom as frequently as I use AUM. It's indispensable for me.

• edited September 2020

And I would happily pay for an update. Why?

I must quote Mario Balotelli, who was once pulled over for speeding by Italian police officers; when they approached his Bentley, they were alarmed at the piles of money spilled all over his backseat. "Why do you have all this money in your car?" they asked the football star.

"Because I am rich," he sensibly replied.

("And to support the dev," he quickly added.)

• For all the people who would like to support @blueveek with cash, perhaps there's a PayPal link or Patreon or some other way that doesn't involve the App Store?

• @ashh said:
    For all the people who would like to support @blueveek with cash, perhaps there's a PayPal link or Patreon or some other way that doesn't involve the App Store?

I won’t mind doing a $20 (pay pal) with early access (TestFlight) to the app.. maybe more..👏🏼

• Yes, PayPal link

• I'd pay for early access, too, although i wolsn;t want thus to mean others have to wait. I just want to support the dev on this one, given that he had to do a big re-write. My preferred option would be to support the dev via an upgrade price. I still use Atom 1 all the time, despite its limitations.

• edited September 2020

@audio_DT said:
    I'd pay for early access, too, although i wolsn;t want thus to mean others have to wait. I just want to support the dev on this one, given that he had to do a big re-write. My preferred option would be to support the dev via an upgrade price. I still use Atom 1 all the time, despite its limitations.

I don’t think anyone would mind paying for this upgrade...

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/f5/xbt2pc1f3vbb.png

Sure is a beauty

• edited September 2020

@RajahP said:

@audio_DT said:
    I'd pay for early access, too, although i wolsn;t want thus to mean others have to wait. I just want to support the dev on this one, given that he had to do a big re-write. My preferred option would be to support the dev via an upgrade price. I still use Atom 1 all the time, despite its limitations.

Sure is a beauty

I would ....I’d prefer fixing the v1 (GUI issues) first , else it seems like a “forced” paid upgrade despite all the great new features

• @RajahP said:

@audio_DT said:

Sure is a beauty

Agreed. I'd be happy to cough up.

• I think dev mentioned that existing users won't have to pay for feature parity only for additional features. Seems fair.

• I'm a very recent convert to Atom and can't think why I didn't pick it up earlier. From what I'm seeing the next version is going to bring some great new features which I'd happily pay for - though a form of upgrade discount for existing customers would be very welcome...😊

• any news? i need a good midi thing in AUM

• @noob said:
    any news? i need a good midi thing in AUM

Me too, got some great midi tools to record and send to desktop, import midi from anywhere.. yep this is an iOS essential.. Hope it can load into the fx slot in AUM as some synth and Drambo does..

Waiting..

• @RajahP said:
    ... Hope it can load into the fx slot in AUM as some synth and Drambo does..

I’m curious. Why?

• @RajahP said:

@noob said:

Me too, got some great midi tools to record and send to desktop, import midi from anywhere.. yep this is an iOS essential.. Hope it can load into the fx slot in AUM as some synth and Drambo does..

Waiting..

Atom doesn’t process audio. So, it wouldn’t make sense in an audio effect slot. Drambo can process audio as can some synths which is why they can be audio effects. Atom is MIDI only.

• Maybe it can convert audio to MIDI. Wouldn't that be something else

• edited September 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@RajahP said:

@noob said:

Waiting..

Atom doesn’t process audio. So, it wouldn’t make sense in an audio effect slot. Drambo can process audio as can some synths which is why they can be audio effects. Atom is MIDI only.

Ok.. so that’s what it’s about... so convenient to have midi recorders placed in that slot.. Drambo works well..

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

So, a way of saving an extra AU midi channel to scroll around then? I guess that makes sense. I never really looked at it that way.

• @wim said:
    So, a way of saving an extra AU midi channel to scroll around then? I guess that makes sense. I never really looked at it that way.

Makes things more manageable.. staying focused..

• Stop the teasing.... aahhhhh the scale quantize feature is wonderful

• Sneak peek of the new layers panel.

This discussion has been closed.