Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Saturn released

Comments

• This is a good problem to have

@noob said:
    omg... what a great Swissknife of Destroy this is... love it 5minutes noodling around,
    edit, just realized it can do mangling per frequency... sht... on the same stem... 1 track drive diff frequencies with diff saturation... cmon.. rly? no need for bussing tricks. 150$ spent on all ff plugs in 3 days... gotta stop this now

• edited June 2020

Some killer new distortion models, especially the tweed, british pop amps and then the new special fx and transformers. I wasn’t expecting this much of an improvement/new features. Well done. At last a suitable guitar amp solution for iOS.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    It actually is really good at subtle saturation. And for subtle widening through mid side manipulation. I encourage you to read the thread at GS, for example. Check out the additional presets and advice from bmanic (“bm”’presets in fabfilter).

Thanks for the pointer, I thought this was really interesting:

And basically explains a lot for me - I preferred ReAmp for more subtle saturation, and now I know why. But the "subtle" algorithms in Saturn 2 completely fix the problem - great to know.

Saturn is really versatile and sounds great.

• @kinkujin said:
    That's ios daw (or the like) type pricing. Price creep or "game changer"? Not for me, then again I'm just a peasant.

Yeah, too pricey for me. Maybe in the next sale.

• There’s a chance you can use it on an arm Mac later on! Lol

• edited June 2020

safe buy tho, its fabfilter...uknow..industry standard and all that cht.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Some killer new distortion models, especially the tweed, british pop amps and then the new special fx and transformers. I wasn’t expecting this much of an improvement/new features. Well done. At last a suitable guitar amp solution for iOS.

Cleaner, non-metal amps as well? When you say British pop, do you mean Vox both clean and dirty?

• @richardyot said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    It actually is really good at subtle saturation. And for subtle widening through mid side manipulation. I encourage you to read the thread at GS, for example. Check out the additional presets and advice from bmanic (“bm”’presets in fabfilter).

Thanks for the pointer, I thought this was really interesting:

And basically explains a lot for me - I preferred ReAmp for more subtle saturation, and now I know why. But the "subtle" algorithms in Saturn 2 completely fix the problem - great to know.

Saturn is really versatile and sounds great.

Happy to help out! Bmanic also made a "3d extractor" (forget exact name) preset that's pretty killer on drums or a full track. I really like the The Tube preset with oversampling and some drive for subtle saturation. There's a lot to explore that I haven't gotten to.

• I'm sort of shocked that there's not more heads exploding on this forum. I have Saturn in Auria, and it seemed amazingly deep — and capable of far more craziness than ReAmp. There are crazy lfos and xlfos (just because i don't know what an xlfo is doesn't mean I'm lying) and I remember getting into madness pretty quickly.

The videos I've seen, though, have all been pretty tame, with velvet-voiced dudes talking about putting a little "fur" the low end of an electric piano.

• edited June 2020

@ExAsperis99 haha spot on, i’ve just dived into the xlfo thing..makes this beast really deep , tempo destruction, sugarbytes must be sad now

• edited June 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The videos I've seen, though, have all been pretty tame, with velvet-voiced dudes talking about putting a little "fur" the low end of an electric piano.

Its a pretty popular one across Attack Magazine's tutorials https://www.attackmagazine.com/technique/synth-secrets/ https://www.attackmagazine.com/technique/beat-dissected/

I was following along one of these 2 weeks ago wishing we had Saturn inside Aum... and now we do!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Spot on. Completely Cynthia.

• Good god this app is dangerous

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm sort of shocked that there's not more heads exploding on this forum. I have Saturn in Auria, and it seemed amazingly deep — and capable of far more craziness than ReAmp. There are crazy lfos and xlfos (just because i don't know what an xlfo is doesn't mean I'm lying) and I remember getting into madness pretty quickly.

It’s the price.

This plug-in is amazing. So glad they ported it to AUv3.

• It’s surely amazing but the price for me at least is too steep... I would love to get my sticky fingers on this, but I won’t be able to until end of November maybe ;)
    But all I read and heard sounds pretty much amazing, yes 💪🏼

• edited June 2020

price is ok, it makes many plugins obsolete... anything with the word saturation and filter in them >:)

• edited June 2020

While there’s tons of alternatives on the desktop to Saturn 2 (Output literally releases Thermal today, for example), I can’t see that there’s anything else comparable on iOS. At the moment, this is the end all be all saturation distortion all singing all dancing plugin.

(Of course there’s some other saturation and distortion flavors on iOS that are still valuable and usable so I am overstating a bit)

• edited June 2020

yep, and you do not overstate it. its a milestone release, dont wanna go back now

• edited June 2020

This felt like a very good deal compared to buying more pedals, which I was seriously considering.

• App creates power and inspiration / will continue to be on everything

• So many possibilities with this weapon

@noob said:
    @iOSTRAKON wohooo!

• edited June 2020

man you NaILed the BRap here move it into darkthread!

• That was the first place I posted it ;)

@noob said:
    man you NaILed the BRap here move it into darkthread!

• ouf sry waiting for Egggg

• I’d instabuy, but I got bit in the butt buying pro-q, and then having to buy it again in the bundle. That happen to anyone else?

• edited June 2020

@johnfromberkeley edit; Saturn2 is not in a bundle yet. the old ff bundle will be reduced in price when you have one of the plugins in the bundle, can be some delay but should work when you hit buy. if you get robbed twice, better send a refund claim to apple https://reportaproblem.apple.com/

• waaaaaaant. Hoping this means Timeless will land evntually.

• @syrupcore said:
    waaaaaaant. Hoping this means Timeless will land evntually.

Yes, bundle!

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I’d instabuy, but I got bit in the butt buying pro-q, and then having to buy it again in the bundle. That happen to anyone else?

It actually stopped me buying the bundle. Super annoying. Though I still might at some point.