Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Saturn released

Comments

• I went from “why would I need distortion“ to “hell yes” after understanding the bands and the modulations.

• @hypnopad i can relate 😉

• edited June 2020

I'm wondering how well or heavy this runs on an iPad Air 2?
    Most likely I'd be running one instance for sound design purposes and processing sounds thru it and then record/freeze the output.

The reason I ask is because the first thing I don't want from a plug-in to 'choke' the CPU the moment I load it...

• @McD yes, I think the amp sounds are brilliant, definitely

• Is there news of Fabfilter doing us iPhone users any favours?

• I can't remotely imagine this Saturn 2 interface working on a phone, too much going on.

• @Gavinski said:
    I can't remotely imagine this Saturn 2 interface working on a phone, too much going on.

May be like Toneboosters on iPhone ;)

• Question: I want to map my LCXL to some of Saturn 2’s parameters in AUM (I’ll probably just do 4 bands, each with 6 knobs and 2 faders, to start, and see if I really need more...) and I’m wondering what the best way to do this is to avoid having to redo it over and over. Is MIDI Learn persistent across all instances? Or is it per preset? Or should I be mapping the exposed parameters, and saving that ‘channel strip’ with mapped midi for later recall?

• edited June 2020

@dreamsaremaps said:
    Question: I want to map my LCXL to some of Saturn 2’s parameters in AUM (I’ll probably just do 4 bands, each with 6 knobs and 2 faders, to start, and see if I really need more...) and I’m wondering what the best way to do this is to avoid having to redo it over and over. Is MIDI Learn persistent across all instances? Or is it per preset? Or should I be mapping the exposed parameters, and saving that ‘channel strip’ with mapped midi for later recall?

I assume MIDI Learn is global within Saturn2

https://www.fabfilter.com/help/saturn/using/midilearn

The AUv3 param mappings are saved in the AUM session, and all of these sources you mentioned are exposed as params. So you could save the param maps in an AUM session or channel strip. That's what I would do.

• edited July 2020

love the amp models in sat2

• Bought it today in the sale - and must say - I am speechless .,, this is so great . . itˋs like a synth on top of my synths ... allowing a very deep sonic dive ,,, thanks for this release ...! Quite unique for an effect, I would say ...

• I was pleasantly surprised with the glitchy stuff you can do. Reminds me of beat repeat in Ableton.

• edited July 2020

Bought this today and am having a blast. The modulation possibilities are mind blowing. Definitely good for shaping sounds as well as colouring them

I’m curious though, a few people mentioned using this as a filter, how are you achieving that? Sweeping the bands? Or the Tone levels?

• @hypnopad said:
    I was pleasantly surprised with the glitchy stuff you can do. Reminds me of beat repeat in Ableton.

Oh? That sounds cool. Are there any videos showing it?

• edited July 2020

Yes. Here you go. Most obvious when I pull the touche’ controller to the right to shorten the envelope. I used the synced glitch machine preset in FX.

• Very nice! Loved the visual effects too!

@hypnopad said:
    Yes. Here you go. Most obvious when I pull the touche’ controller to the right to shorten the envelope. I used the synced glitch machine preset in FX.

• @hypnopad said:

Ahh wow, that sounds awesome overall. I think I can make out what you are talking about. A shame I wouldn't be able to automate it in NS2.

• @AudioGus said:

@hypnopad said:

Ahh wow, that sounds awesome overall. I think I can make out what you are talking about. A shame I wouldn't be able to automate it in NS2.

Thanks. I should of been a bit clearer. I was only modulating the sound that was going into Saturn, not Saturn itself.

• @Tones4Christ 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• WOW! That is some tasty F'I n noise!!! @hypnopad!!!

Guessing I now have no choice but to surrender to Saturn... 😌

• @hypnopad said:

@AudioGus said:

@hypnopad said:

Thanks. I should of been a bit clearer. I was only modulating the sound that was going into Saturn, not Saturn itself.

Yes, I know I could automate a 'send' to it in NS2 but to really get my money's worth long term I want to automate the actual parameters at some point. Could be worth it in BM3 perhaps. Is there a lot of potential for different FX glitchy in general with it?

• @AudioGus I haven’t taken a deep dive yet but I imagine you could really glitch out with it. I liked the subtlety of the preset.

• @SNystrom said:
    WOW! That is some tasty F'I n noise!!! @hypnopad!!!

Guessing I now have no choice but to surrender to Saturn... 😌

Thanks🙏🏻 🙏🏻 I hope to surrender to Timeless soon. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

• @hypoetical are you on instagram man?

• Do you mean @hypnopad ?

@reasOne said:
    @hypoetical are you on instagram man?

• edited July 2020

@reasOne said:

I’m guessing you mean me? If so, no. Mainly YouTube and somewhat on SoundCloud. What’s the advantage of Instagram over YouTube? Once I heard Facebook owned Instagram it kind of turned me off a bit.

• I’ve been away from FB for two years but I’ll use IG to extend Youtube in a way. Also, I don’t see any of the insanity on IG that runs rampant on FB.

@hypnopad said:

@reasOne said:

I’m guessing you mean me? If so, no. Mainly YouTube and somewhat on SoundCloud. What’s the advantage of Instagram over YouTube? Once I heard Facebook owns Instagram it kind of turned me off a bit.

• I’ve been deep in Auria today man all because of Saturn. I still have enough left in my Father’s Day gift card to get Saturn 2 but i have version 1 in AP and i truly love it! Can’t decide 😂

• hahaha yes i mean hypnopad dang auto correct!
    now get on instagram!

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’ve been away from FB for two years but I’ll use IG to extend Youtube in a way. Also, I don’t see any of the insanity on IG that runs rampant on FB.

@hypnopad said:

@reasOne said:

I’m guessing you mean me? If so, no. Mainly YouTube and somewhat on SoundCloud. What’s the advantage of Instagram over YouTube? Once I heard Facebook owns Instagram it kind of turned me off a bit.

this