Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Saturn released

Comments

• @KING said:
    Someone asked this question on the Fab forum:

Q: "Will Saturn 2 ios AUv3 be added to the bundle, I want to buy all together? thank you."

A: "Well, Saturn 2 of course doesn't fit into the Pro bundle. We might add a Creative bundle later once we have more of our Creative plug-ins available for iOS. We could do a Total bundle but we first need to investigate what happens when you add more apps to a bundle later on -- the App Store is quite inflexible in this regard. For now, Saturn 2 is a separate purchase for these reasons.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter) — Jun 26, 2020"

King

This is not reassuring if you do not want to get double-charged.

• edited June 2020

wll fk me...Saturn 2 continues to amaze me, im just fumbling blind in this thing and found this DRAG AND DROP from xy to any control..cmon :# :p .. (blurred due to this learn state active in plugin)..

• .... That happen to anyone else?

Yup. Bloody annoying ... and, like Gavinski, it did in fact stop me buying the bundle ... for months and months. Just too darn good... a joy to use. Not at all fair though.

And silly. The precedent puts a real brake on folks buying single apps - everyone will be waiting for the bundle to appear.

• @Soundscaper said:

.... That happen to anyone else?

Yup. Bloody annoying ... and, like Gavinski, it did in fact stop me buying the bundle ... for months and months. Just too darn good... a joy to use. Not at all fair though.

And silly. The precedent puts a real brake on folks buying single apps - everyone will be waiting for the bundle to appear.

Yup.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@KING said:

Q: "Will Saturn 2 ios AUv3 be added to the bundle, I want to buy all together? thank you."

A: "Well, Saturn 2 of course doesn't fit into the Pro bundle. We might add a Creative bundle later once we have more of our Creative plug-ins available for iOS. We could do a Total bundle but we first need to investigate what happens when you add more apps to a bundle later on -- the App Store is quite inflexible in this regard. For now, Saturn 2 is a separate purchase for these reasons.

Cheers,

King

To me it indicates they’re wanting to make sure they have several creative apps to put into a bundle before releasing it on the App Store. The price you originally paid for Saturn 2 will be deducted from the price of the bundle it may be included in so there’s no double charging that might occur, just the opposite.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Soundscaper said:

.... That happen to anyone else?

Yup.

I believe, in this case, FF have just released Saturn 2 to desktop as well, so unlike the Pro-Q incident, it shouldn’t be superseded for quite some time. 🙂

And to be fair, they did release a Pro-Q bundle to allow an upgrade that way for that singular app, it’s just App Store limits seem to make it impossible to have purchases from bundles impact one another in favour of the customer, alas.

• edited June 2020

Confirmed: Up to 6 bands, 6 LFOs, 6 XY pads, 6 envelope generators, 4 envelope followers, MIDI assignable, yikes

• edited June 2020

@eross said:
    ohh, ok, thanks that makes more sense. after about how many do you notice issues with processing? i’m thinking of getting g the app, but little worried on crunching my ipad to hard

Here's a little test I did with Aum on my iPad Pro 2017 10.5" / iOS 13.5 / 48000hz / 2048 buffer

Percent on patch before adding Saturn: 29%

Saturn - Default Preset Warm Tape (1 Band):

• normal quality - 33% to 39% when tweaking
    • 8x oversample - 38% to 41%
    • 32x oversample - 48% to 52%

Saturn - Loop Sharpening O Preset (5 band):

• normal - 46% - 50%
    • 8x - 88% - 95%
    • 32x - glitch city
  • @Paulinko said:
    To me it indicates they’re wanting to make sure they have several creative apps to put into a bundle before releasing it on the App Store. The price you originally paid for Saturn 2 will be deducted from the price of the bundle it may be included in so there’s no double charging that might occur, just the opposite.

That’s not how it worked for me last time with pro Q.

• I believe if you bought the proQ2 to ProQ3 Upgrade it does not reflect in the Pro Bundle

But if you bought proQ3 on its own then it does work correctly to discount the bundle

So far I’ve only bought proQ3. My bundle cost is showing $120cad

• It’s that an item bought as part of a bundle doesn’t apply towards a different bundle. This initially happened to me too. I bought the Q2-Q3 bundle and then when I later went to buy the Pro bundle there was no discount for Q3. I emailed Apple and explained, and they refunded me the Q3 upgrade bundle amount to be used towards the Pro bundle. This really is an App Store limitation, not FF.

Also, Saturn, OMFG!! 😎

• Daaamn I can’t wait to get this one. I have Saturn on Auria and it’s seriously the best saturator

• edited June 2020

Fabfilter is a very fair company:
    Trying their best to make sure customers are satisfied at every juncture.
    They provided 2 separate bundles, one specifically for upgrading from one version of Pro-Q, to the next version.
    They and the AppStore are not the same company (as far as I know).

They are providing top quality and leading edge innovative software/apps that are very usable, and very beautiful - both sound and looks.

Yes, some companies do, but not all companies give you 30 day demo's and such on desktop - (nothing new, but they do it!)

Demo vids, tutorials and testimonials are all around. How may Grammy winning and nominated songs/tracks have Fabfilter all over them.. somebody gets it - without too much fuss.

Regarding Saturn:
    Have not purchased 2 YET, but it's a MUST!
    Saturn 1 is brilliant in Auria - a couple of the presets are heavy on my mini2, but I design/redesign, so I know what's what. So it's no surprise to hear about v2. We can always freeze/commit to Audio etc (something/workflow I'm putting my brain into anyway) - Just use wisely.

Many times on this forum I was put off buying an app, only to find out (many moons later) that that same app was actually brilliant!
    I'm sure Saturn 2 is my kind of brilliant!

The above opinions are mine!

Enjoy what we have!

King

• This not Saturn 2, it is Saturn to the second power.

• Saturn squared, as that White Sea studio guy called it.
    @KING I don't think anyone was criticising Fabfilter. That whole thing was very much an app store problem, nothing in any way their own fault. 🙏

• edited June 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Saturn squared, as that White Sea studio guy called it.
    @KING I don't think anyone was criticising Fabfilter.

Cool!

It's been a long time Fabfilter debate.

Plus I say these things regardless.

Peace

King

Added:

"That whole thing was very much an app store problem, nothing in any way their own fault."

"They and the AppStore are not the same company (as far as I know)."

Same thing!

.. Cool runnings!

• So the tip from bmanic on the Gearslutz forum really makes a massive difference. Basically on many of the algorithms in Saturn 2 (and all of the algos in Saturn 1) there is internal hard clipping once the drive dial is pushed past a certain point. This means that instead of getting nice subtle saturation you get fizzy noise instead.

It's for this reason that I preferred ReAmp for saturation, the results were much more subtle and pleasing.

In Saturn 2 some of the new algorithms don't have this hard clipping anymore (the ones named subtle tape, subtle tube etc...)

But, if you set the gain staging right you can avoid the clipping in all of the algorithms (and this applies to Saturn 1 in Auria as well). Set the input gain to -20, and then set the output gain to +20 and there is no more clipping. You can now dial in much nicer saturation with the drive knob:

For me this makes the plugin ten times more useful. And for anyone who uses the original Saturn in Auria this should also be really useful, you now have a much nicer and more subtle saturator at your disposal.

• Amazing. Thank you for sharing this, @richardyot. I’m loving this one already but this adds a whole new dimension.

• God, finally. I've been waiting for Saturn since the first Fabs came over.

@richardyot said:
    Set the input gain to -20, and then set the output gain to +20 and there is no more clipping.

Thanks for letting us know what's under the hood! It's always good to experiment with amplified 'weak' signals for nice tones :) Roll back the volume knob on your guitar and push another part of the chain etc.

• Couldn’t resist this, pricey as it is. Have only played about with it for 10 mins, but I have to agree, even just in terms of modulation alone....wow! @richardyot

The ‘fx’ presets in particular are pretty mind blowing.

• @Paulinko said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@KING said:

Cheers,

King

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Paulinko said:

That’s not how it worked for me last time with pro Q.

I do think the App Store can have some glitches especially with bundles so once again I think your concerns should be directed toward Apple rather than FabFilter especially when they’re thinking about the possible consequences of releasing a bundle as it could very well be they’re taking into account feedback on this topic from users. Perhaps you could share your Pro Q experience with them if you haven’t already?

In general, it’s always a wise idea to add up the price of individual apps versus the bundle rather than just assuming it will be less to purchase the bundle rather than each of the individual apps you haven’t purchased yet.

• @Gavinski said:
    Couldn’t resist this, pricey as it is. Have only played about with it for 10 mins, but I have to agree, even just in terms of modulation alone....wow! @richardyot

The ‘fx’ presets in particular are pretty mind blowing.

I'm looking forward to the tutorial that I'm sure you're already preparing ;)

• The thought had crossed my mind haha, thanks!

• The price three me off and then I checked my email and noticed I got an iTunes gift for
    father's day... so I went ahead and avoided the 3-6 month delay waiting for a sale or potential bundling opportunity.

It's not just a saturator. It's a tone factory and definitely worth a collection of 3-4 $10 FX'es. Being in a guitar tone period, the amps alone are worth the money because they don't have the fizzy highs, the nasal harmonics or the presence masking of most Amp Sim's.

Save up... beg for gifts... you'll love this app.

• edited June 2020

@quartzite said:

Here's a little test I did with Aum on my iPad Pro 2017 10.5" / iOS 13.5 / 48000hz / 2048 buffer

Percent on patch before adding Saturn: 29%

Saturn - Loop Sharpening O Preset (5 band):

• normal - 46% - 50%
    • 8x - 88% - 95%
    • 32x - glitch city

Tried the same preset (above). Ipad Pro 2020 11” / iOS 14 b1 / 48khz / 512 buffer
    *normal 30%
    * 8x 45-50%
    * x32 -110% (CrackleVille)

• @McD said:
    The price three me off and then I checked my email and noticed I got an iTunes gift for
    father's day... so I went ahead and avoided the 3-6 month delay waiting for a sale or potential bundling opportunity.

It's not just a saturator. It's a tone factory and definitely worth a collection of 3-4 $10 FX'es. Being in a guitar tone period, the amps alone are worth the money because they don't have the fizzy highs, the nasal harmonics or the presence masking of most Amp Sim's.

Save up... beg for gifts... you'll love this app.

Yep, I wasted so much money on guitar amp simulators until I discovered Saturn. By far the best sounding.

Anybody waiting for a bundle will probably be waiting for 3 years or more...they tend to only release one new product per year, so unless they decide to port the much, much older Timeless and Volcano instead of releasing updates you’re looking at a lot of patience to save $20 or something.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2020

@oat_phipps said:
    Yep, I wasted so much money on guitar amp simulators until I discovered Saturn. By far the best sounding.

I had to buy those apps and live in them for years to hear the difference quickly. When I hear someone that's incredibly well done it just grabs me but I had to put in the time to
    recognize the small details that show it's value.

Of course, the market also tends to surface quality irrespective of price and this forum is
    very useful to get to that collective wisdom.

Fab Filter and DDMF are in a class by themselves. Are there others worth mentioning?
    I do feel the pain of someone without the $30 entry fee but I do recommend you skip
    then next 5-7 $5-8 apps and get this one instead IF you like quality sound engineering tools.

Of course, ToneBoosters will probably come up with something about 1/2 the feature coverage and 1/3rd the price. It will also sound really good for what it covers. So, there is light at the end of the long dark night.

FYI: I just heard that the Valhallah guy contributed 2 algorithm's for the EOS 2 reverb which has that special quality too for $7.

• @noob said:
    wll fk me...Saturn 2 continues to amaze me, im just fumbling blind in this thing and found this DRAG AND DROP from xy to any control..cmon :# :p .. (blurred due to this learn state active in plugin)..

Haha...this is sort of the FabFilter trademark feature, ya know

• Shit, hadn't noticed that one yet Noob, that's God damn insanely clever.

• I need to watch more videos and stuff but one question arises, does this plugin

• AMP modeling
    • Filter stuff
    • Tapereel warmth wobble and flutter
    • Vinyl style saturation
    • Bit crush
    • Vibrato
    • And more?!?!