Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT // Any gamers in here? What are you playing? Is it Good?

Comments

• @mjcouche said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@mjcouche said:
    [...]
    I may be a bit biased because I haven’t had a gaming system or gaming capable PC for a while now. But I love it.

I can play RDR2 and bring it along with me?? I can press the power button and then wake it up later without having to wait through any load screens?? It’s pretty amazing. Extra space definitely needed. I got the largest one and added a 256gb micro sd card.

Controls are great. Most have support or have a community layout already set. Seems well built. Easily connects to external screens/ controllers/ keyboards. I find most of the non- supported games work. For example, I’m 80% of the way through Arkham Knight.

I’ve had a few crashes here and there but nothing “throw your controller” frustrating. I highly recommend.

I probably have a similar bias. My "gaming PC" is what I'd call barely capable. Its GPU is starting to have some issues too.

It's good to hear that you like the controls. That was my second biggest concern after screen quality when I decided to buy one.

It sounds like you are having fun with it. That's reassuring for me. Thanks for the feedback.

I can almost guarantee there will be less time to develop apps haha. Screen has been really good by my estimation. I’m not a screen or frame rate purist by any means but I have not had any issues with either.

I was a little concerned about the screen because I've seen lots of devices with smaller panels that are fairly washed out. But, the reports I've seen so far are positive enough for me.

It probably won't take away from my dev time. But, I do expect that it'll pretty much replace my iPad Mini for play time.

Thanks again for the info. It's a bit hard for me to order something I haven't seen in person. Your experience with it is reassuring.

• little off topic, but throwing this out there for the gamer + midi enthusiasts:

https://mixmag.net/read/new-concept-for-a-nintendo-switch-music-production-instrument-revealed-tech

• Got myself a miyoo mini last month.. 40 euros and plays everything up to ps1. At the moment I’m playing loads of new gameboy homebrew games and some pico 8 games :)

• @sevenape said:
    Got myself a miyoo mini last month.. 40 euros and plays everything up to ps1. At the moment I’m playing loads of new gameboy homebrew games and some pico 8 games :)

Does that include ps1? I’ve been jonesing for a retro handheld for ages now but there’s so many I get the fear every time I nearly buy one 😅

I’ve lately been thinking the new anberic 353 one, or more simply one like yours and wait for the steam deck for high falutin stuff…

• @Krupa said:

@sevenape said:
    Got myself a miyoo mini last month.. 40 euros and plays everything up to ps1. At the moment I’m playing loads of new gameboy homebrew games and some pico 8 games :)

Does that include ps1? I’ve been jonesing for a retro handheld for ages now but there’s so many I get the fear every time I nearly buy one 😅

I’ve lately been thinking the new anberic 353 one, or more simply one like yours and wait for the steam deck for high falutin stuff…

It’s my first retro handheld. I was really worried that I bought something too underpowered, but it’s so much fun! There’s plenty to tinker with as well with custom os and stuff like that. I have gba, go, snes nes, megadrive, master system, pico 8 and ps1 roms installed. Not every ps1 game works, but a very very high percentage work amazingly well, I mostly like racing games and they all work no problem :)

• @sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

It’s my first retro handheld. I was really worried that I bought something too underpowered, but it’s so much fun! There’s plenty to tinker with as well with custom os and stuff like that. I have gba, go, snes nes, megadrive, master system, pico 8 and ps1 roms installed. Not every ps1 game works, but a very very high percentage work amazingly well, I mostly like racing games and they all work no problem :)

Plus there’s a really helpful and friendly community on Reddit which helps a lot

• @sevenape said:

@sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

Plus there’s a really helpful and friendly community on Reddit which helps a lot

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that, I’m mostly a racing game freak, though I think I’d at least like an analogue steering stick to be fair. Great to know that model is capable of it though; wipeout ps1 and the early touring car games were ace… original top down gta too!

• @Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

@sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

Wow, I wasn’t expecting that, I’m mostly a racing game freak, though I think I’d at least like an analogue steering stick to be fair. Great to know that model is capable of it though; wipeout ps1 and the early touring car games were ace… original top down gta too!

It’s a bit old school with the dpad, but I got used to it! Wipeout 1-3 work really well as well as the rollcage games and jet moto 3. All the kart games run well as well as the need for speeds, Colin McRae 2, cool boarders, Tony hawks etc. to be fair it’s tiny and more for short sessions but that’s all I need. The same company are bringing out a handheld called p60 soon. It should be able to play psp and Dreamcast as well as a lot of GameCube and some ps2 games too, and it’s supposed to be cheap. Worth checking out. :)

• @sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

@sevenape said:

@Krupa said:

@sevenape said:

It’s a bit old school with the dpad, but I got used to it! Wipeout 1-3 work really well as well as the rollcage games and jet moto 3. All the kart games run well as well as the need for speeds, Colin McRae 2, cool boarders, Tony hawks etc. to be fair it’s tiny and more for short sessions but that’s all I need. The same company are bringing out a handheld called p60 soon. It should be able to play psp and Dreamcast as well as a lot of GameCube and some ps2 games too, and it’s supposed to be cheap. Worth checking out. :)

Oo cheers, I’ll keep my eye on that one 👍

• My kids are playing ‘The two of us’ and are loving every minute.

• Final Fantasy VIII mobile version lately. Nostalgia

• edited July 2022

@NoiseFloored said:
    I've been spending time with Into the Breach, it plays like a chess of sorts mixed up with mechs. You can play a match in 5-10 minutes. I really hope they bring it to the iPad like they did with FTL.

@Crabman said:
    Macbook: into the breach (i want this on ipad so badly 😩)

Just passing by to let people know that Into the Breach is being released for iPad and iPhone, with the one catch that it requires a Netflix subscription: https://apps.apple.com/app/netflix-into-the-breach/id1616542180

• @Grandbear said:

@NoiseFloored said:
    I've been spending time with Into the Breach, it plays like a chess of sorts mixed up with mechs. You can play a match in 5-10 minutes. I really hope they bring it to the iPad like they did with FTL.

@Crabman said:

Just passing by to let people know that Into the Breach is being released for iPad and iPhone, with the one catch that it requires a Netflix subscription: https://apps.apple.com/app/netflix-into-the-breach/id1616542180

Really recommended?

• @tja said:

@Grandbear said:

@NoiseFloored said:

@Crabman said:

Really recommended?

Yes, it's one of my favorite games. Subset Games is also the developer of another favorite of mine, FTL, which has been available for iPad (not iPhone) for years. Into the Breach goes in the opposite direction of randomness though, acting more like a puzzler of sorts in which you need to balance the damage done to your units, power supply and specific per-scenario objectives. It's been described as "chess with mechs" by some, but I don't find that a great comparison, unless chess required your rival to commit to their moves ahead of time and you could have pieces with different abilities that you carry across playthroughs.

• Divinity Original Sin 2 is on sale at $14.99 ($10 off).

https://appsliced.co/app?n=divinity-original-sin-2-17610&l=list

I was on the fence but am really enjoying it so far (about two hours in). :)

• Finally playing Sable on the steam deck, just lovely… trying to stay away from AAA on it, though Elite Dangerous runs pretty well, actually, pretty much everything does!

• @Grandbear said:

Don't you know, is subscription required each time to run the game? Or only once on install?

• Just finished Horizon Forbidden West and really struggled to get into it, at least outside of the fun combat. The dialogue and facial animations for Alloy are painful, and the back stories of the side characters just not engaging. I got spoiled playing Tsushima before this in, just a way more engaging and emotional story.

• @Dante777 said:

@Grandbear said:

Don't you know, is subscription required each time to run the game? Or only once on install?

I'm not sure how or when they enforce it (I just tried with airplane mode and it did work), but I'm pretty sure the intent is that you do have an active subscription for ongoing use

• Playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the second time, this time on a PS5 (as against a PS4 the first time) + with many updates.

And played the small indie game The First Tree recently, which I rather liked. Got it on a whim at a sale on iPad, had never heard of it but apparently it is pretty successful and well known (for a small indie game anyway).

• Recently tried to play Prey. The game is so good! It's way better than I expected. My recommendation!

• @Ayat89 said:
    Recently tried to play Prey. The game is so good! It's way better than I expected. My recommendation!

For iPhone or iPad?
    Cannot find it in the App Store...

• Currently playing Season 10 of The Division 2, and fast approaching SHD level 4000.

• The Long Dark - unique, atmospheric winter game, a pretty immersive experience. The story mode has 4 chapters with a 5th yet to be released (soon I hope). Thoroughly recommended

• @wired2moon said:
    The Long Dark - unique, atmospheric winter game, a pretty immersive experience. The story mode has 4 chapters with a 5th yet to be released (soon I hope). Thoroughly recommended

I've played that one, and I enjoyed it, but funnily enough I don't remember if I played to the end or not. I think not actually, but I don't remember why. I do remember the feeling of loneliness in the game, and fear when you… well, not sure what is and isn't a spoilers so I'm not saying more. But, good game.

• Got bored so converting my old android phone into a sort of metroidvania/rogue like based handheld. Been playing a lot of Hollow knight and descenders and installing loads of switch games on it using the skyline emulator.

• @CapnWillie said:

Shopping for PS5 accessories.

Anyone have any recs on 3D Audio cans and a reasonable monitor/TV with 120+ refresh rate. I don’t need anything super fancy. Just want to run true HDR 4k 60 fps.

I'm also in the market for a gaming TV, need to do some research in prep for black friday. Also primarily for a PS5, though I got myself a Xbox Series S to be able to play Starfield next year.

• I’ve been playing the iOS versions of Bad North and Ultimate General Gettysburg. Two good real-time strategy games that work well with the touch interface.

• @Stargazer said:

@CapnWillie said:

Anyone have any recs on 3D Audio cans and a reasonable monitor/TV with 120+ refresh rate. I don’t need anything super fancy. Just want to run true HDR 4k 60 fps.

I'm also in the market for a gaming TV, need to do some research in prep for black friday. Also primarily for a PS5, though I got myself a Xbox Series S to be able to play Starfield next year.

Ended up getting an LG C2 48”, a fancy oled tv and everything. Took me hours to decide between that and the 55” version, which aside from being bigger apparently also is somewhat brighter, which apparently is considered a good thing. But it was also more expensive, and considering that I'm currently using a ”full hd” 32” from 2010, which was a budget model even back then, I'm pretty sure the new one will be enough to blow my mind.

• edited November 2022

@CapnWillie said:

@Stargazer said:

@Stargazer said:

@CapnWillie said:

Ended up getting an LG C2 48”, a fancy oled tv and everything. Took me hours to decide between that and the 55” version, which aside from being bigger apparently also is somewhat brighter, which apparently is considered a good thing. But it was also more expensive, and considering that I'm currently using a ”full hd” 32” from 2010, which was a budget model even back then, I'm pretty sure the new one will be enough to blow my mind.

Good choice. Im still trying to decide between that same model, a gaming monitor and the 65” Oled Sony Bravia which has ps5 integrations and a few special features. My current tv is a Bravia and I love the experience but the price tag for the new one is a bit disrespectful.lol

Got it yesterday, fired it up and played some Cyberpunk 2077. Mind blown. I've never had a tv like it, nothing larger than 32”, no hdr, no 4k, def no oled. Caught glimpses elsewhere, but this is my first real look. Damn. Now I might even be able to play Wasteland 2, which earlier had too small and muddy text, was straining my eyes too much. Cyberpunk 2077 too is easier on the eyes, the text is much easier to read now.