Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT // Any gamers in here? What are you playing? Is it Good?

Comments

• Elden Ring is the best game I've ever played.

• King of Fighters XV

SNK f o r e v e r

• edited February 2022

Picked up Days Gone second hand for my PS4. It’s a zombie apocalypse 3rd person shooter/rpg that got buried by The Last Of Us 2 on initial launch and was thus considered a failure.

It isn’t: a huge, varied, beautiful setting (rural Oregon), a well acted main story, a melancholic tone and a Red Dead 2 like relationship between our hero and his upgradeable motorbike substituting for a horse.

Most of the time you are offing a variety of zombies, animals (normal and mutated) and rival humans in singles or small groups in creative ways as you scrabble for craftable supplies with a range of well realised melee and distance weapons, but every once in a while, you encounter the games’ USP: hordes. And I do mean hordes:

It’s terrifying. Brilliant.

• edited February 2022

@CapnWillie : yeah, I thought about Sleeping Dogs 2 . Might need to check that out… Sadly, apparently Sony have canned any idea of a DG 2, despite it becoming something of a sleeper hit after release. Corps don’t care if it don’t hit big on first release. Pity. I might have even sprung for a new copy if it was as much fun as this is. Feels like being into that cool indie band no one else likes…

• edited March 2022

Playing Elden Ring currently, any spare moment I get when not reading the news. :anguished:

It also runs surprisingly well on my aging PS4 base model (if 1080p/30fps is sufficient for you?).

• edited March 2022

I just finished the survival game Stranded Deep. It's full of glitches but super addictive. I couldn't stop playing for a month. At the moment I'm playing ADrift, Gang Beasts and Rise Of The Tomb Raider. Gang Beasts is the most hilarious online fist fighting game i have ever played. It's super fun and also difficult to play.

• Aerofly
    F-Sim
    QuadCopterFX

• Happy to see some Gamers around here :)

I was playing Hades and DBFZ a LOT. Now looking for new games (still need to finish Bloodborne & Dark Souls 3). I totally recommend "Celeste" with his OST (AWESOME!!!)

Will try to buy Ghost of Tsushima & Elden Ring soon :)

• I just read this review:

https://toucharcade.com/2022/06/10/toucharcade-game-of-the-week-almora-darkosen-rpg/

Shortly after installation, the 5 euro IAP (which is NOT required) was the natural thing to do.

I love this App: https://apps.apple.com/app/almora-darkosen-rpg/id1594920342?l=en

• App "Almora Darkosen RPG"

Developer: Grzegorz Borkowski
    URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/almora-darkosen-rpg/id1594920342

Minimum OS Version: 9.0
    Universal: Yes
    Price: Free

DESCRIPTION:

A game created with passion by one person!

Almora Darkosen is a retro style hack and slash, role-playing game set in a fantasy world. Explore the huge Almora Island with different locations:
    fields, swamps, forests, dark forests, towns, crypts, caves, deserts and other...

The game will keep you playing for hours!

Game features:

• 13 languages ( English, Polish, Russian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian, French, Italian, Turkey, Indonesian, Hungarian, Vietnamese )
    • Original retro atmosphere.
    • Long story of Almora Island.
    • Quests: Over 100 Quests, including Main and side quests with a long story line.
    • Items: Over 1500 different items, swords, axes, shields, helmets, armors, minerals, keys, tools and many other… Includes: basic items, enhanced, rare, unique and legendary.
    • Mining and digging: Search for minerals like iron, silver or gold ores. Dig some hidden chests and explore whole island with hidden places.
    • Crafting: Craft Your items, upgrade it to enhanced, rare or unique. Make new mixtures, battle or defensive essences, special keys and more! There is over 300 item combinations.
    • Inventory with deposit: (Diablo style)
    • Mercenaries: Hire a mercenary and fight with monsters by his side.
    • Monsters: Fight with bosses and different monsters with special abilities: flying, crawling, summoning other monsters, casting spells, poisoning, reborning, healing, disappearing and more…
    • Boats and portals: If you have enough of walking, you can always use a paid boat.
    • Minigames: Play Almorian mini games for gold and tokens in the Taverns and hidden places.
    • NPC: talk with all NPCs with their stories and quests.
    • Skills: Use active and passive skills. You can choose Your skill path, fire or poison, Use the healing skills to heal You and Your mercenaries. Choose what kind of combat do You like, melee or distance.
    • Game knowledge book: In-game encyclopedy: List and statistics of all discovered items. Monsters statistics and descriptions. Crafting book with listed all discovered items combinations.
      And many others...

Game is free with Ads:

You can turn off the ads by buying the Premium Account. Additionally there are some extra features with Premium Account:
    ( It's not Pay To Play! You can finish the whole game without Premium Account )

Premium content:

• No ads in whole game
    • Access to mini games
    • Access to encyclopedy ( items/monsters/crafting )
    • Crafting preview on crafting table
    • Premium key ( unlock special chests and door )

For more information about game, please visit:

https://almoradarkosen.com
    Discord channel: https://discord.gg/J8cDhzh

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.0.24

• Currently playing Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen on PS4, picked it up on sale for £3.50 from the Play Store. A surprisingly deep open(ish) world third person fantasy RPG which had the misfortune to launch against the (admittedly superior) Skyrim and got lost in the shuffle. (Apparently due a new chapter sometime soon.) More purely combat orientated, and some very tough boss battles which almost take it into Souls territory.

But my fave most recent game, unjustly killed by Sony despite it being ripe for a next chapter (which is even set up in the game) is Days Gone, which I’ve already waxed lyrical about, a third person open world zombie RPG which has literally the best emergent AI gameplay I have ever encountered in a game. It had some gameplay pacing and bug issues at launch which damaged it, the bugs have been largely fixed, and you still have to tough out the early stages of the game without the best toys, but once you get the toys and your skills up to snuff, the game is fan bloody tastic, and the adrenaline rush/pure fear of taking on a horde of up to 300 (!) zombies is likely nothing else I’ve experienced in decades of gaming. A brilliant game, whose reputation in it’s own afterlife just keeps growing, it so deserves it’s own return from the dead.

• I tend to favor more casual games now because I don’t really have enough time to invest in more involved games. Currently I enjoy this roguelike, card crawler:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/crossroads-roguelike-rpg/id1407016101

Other than that, I’m into solo tabletop rpgs for which I built my own tool which has been listed last in this article: https://www.graycastlepress.com/solo-tabletop-games-for-writers/

• @CapnWillie said:

@Svetlovska said:
    Currently playing Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen on PS4, picked it up on sale for £3.50 from the Play Store. A surprisingly deep open(ish) world third person fantasy RPG which had the misfortune to launch against the (admittedly superior) Skyrim and got lost in the shuffle. (Apparently due a new chapter sometime soon.) More purely combat orientated, and some very tough boss battles which almost take it into Souls territory.

But my fave most recent game, unjustly killed by Sony despite it being ripe for a next chapter (which is even set up in the game) is Days Gone, which I’ve already waxed lyrical about, a third person open world zombie RPG which has literally the best emergent AI gameplay I have ever encountered in a game. It had some gameplay pacing and bug issues at launch which damaged it, the bugs have been largely fixed, and you still have to tough out the early stages of the game without the best toys, but once you get the toys and your skills up to snuff, the game is fan bloody tastic, and the adrenaline rush/pure fear of taking on a horde of up to 300 (!) zombies is likely nothing else I’ve experienced in decades of gaming. A brilliant game, whose reputation in it’s own afterlife just keeps growing, it so deserves it’s own return from the dead.

Re: Days Gone. What do you mean by killed?! I thought a sequel was on the way. You can’t be serious.

Mad game.

When I found the sirens. I wernt sure but activated anyway. hoard were nearby.

Kept game. Might play again soon.

Last of us 2 were more freaky though.

• edited July 2022

Have gone back to The Division 2 again recently and started playing a lot of co-op ... now that my main character has reached SHD Level 2000+ I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

If any other Division 2 players here fancy a run around, or would value some help levelling up a character please PM me, or post here with your Ubisoft Connect username and we can hook up.

• I've been trying to get into Horizon Forbidden West since I loved Zero Dawn so much, but I just struggle to get into the story. And there's been lots of weird graphics issues they still haven't resolved.

I think I got spoiled by Ghost of Tsushima which ended up being my favorite game of all time, should have waited to play that until after Forbidden West.

TLOU2 is awesome too though. A lot of people didn't like the direction they took the characters in the sequel, but I thought it was excellent personally.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Picked up Days Gone second hand for my PS4. It’s a zombie apocalypse 3rd person shooter/rpg that got buried by The Last Of Us 2 on initial launch and was thus considered a failure.

It isn’t: a huge, varied, beautiful setting (rural Oregon), a well acted main story, a melancholic tone and a Red Dead 2 like relationship between our hero and his upgradeable motorbike substituting for a horse.

Most of the time you are offing a variety of zombies, animals (normal and mutated) and rival humans in singles or small groups in creative ways as you scrabble for craftable supplies with a range of well realised melee and distance weapons, but every once in a while, you encounter the games’ USP: hordes. And I do mean hordes:

It’s terrifying. Brilliant.

Great game, finally finished it a few weeks ago and killed off every horde, it’s really a shame it’s not getting a part 2, I don’t know why they considered it a failure, it was one of the best games I’ve ever played, I would definitely buy some dlc for it.

• @CapnWillie said:

@Svetlovska said:
    Currently playing Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen on PS4, picked it up on sale for £3.50 from the Play Store. A surprisingly deep open(ish) world third person fantasy RPG which had the misfortune to launch against the (admittedly superior) Skyrim and got lost in the shuffle. (Apparently due a new chapter sometime soon.) More purely combat orientated, and some very tough boss battles which almost take it into Souls territory.

Re: Days Gone. What do you mean by killed?! I thought a sequel was on the way. You can’t be serious.

I read somewhere that the developer is working on some new game that will be multiplayer but it’s not part 2 of Days Gone. I wish it was a part 2 that multiplayer, that would be really facing zombies hordes with a friend

• Still playing on my iMac late 2013 here, with bootcamp in Windows.
    Can't play the latest games, but still enjoy Skyrim and Fallout 4.
    Cities Skylines is doable till a certain size, especially with mods.

• edited July 2022

It Takes Two is a brilliant game for couples. The game actually doesn’t even have a single player mode. Game design, pace and challenge is top notch. There are only a few games that make my wife bug me to roll up so we can play.lol. The game is about a couple going through a divorce. Their daughter gets pissed, starts crying and her tears curse them turning them into tiny little toy rag dolls. The couple has to work together to overcome puzzles, obstacles and boss fights to reverse the curse and make it > @sigma79 said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Svetlovska said:

Mad game.

When I found the sirens. I wernt sure but activated anyway. hoard were nearby.

Kept game. Might play again soon.

Last of us 2 were more freaky though.

Hmm. I did enjoy Last of Us a lot but skipped the sequel. Perhaps it’s time to check in but I can’t imagine it’s better than Days Gone. Between the motorcycle, shotgun and spooky hoards…I’ve never been more hooked to a game.

Not sure if better but more freaky. If you play on survivor level. I actually sold game because I didnt want to be trapped in ground zero any longer. Completed game though.

• edited July 2022

I’m currently frontloading my steam library with bargains from gg.deals so that when my Steamdeck pre-order (finally) gets to the front of the waiting list I’ll already have an awesome library of games that cost me pocket change each.

oh.. and also playing Dragon’s Dogma on Switch (£3.50!) and replaying Portal 1&2 in handheld. Next up on the Switch is Disco Elysium, AI: The Somnium Files or perhaps another go at X-Com2 or Divinity2.

Sometimes I still feel like my teenage self, truth be told.

…now where did I store all those 1990s Magic: The Gathering cards?

• @CapnWillie : sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, yep: dead as a months old screamer in a napalm bath:

https://www.xfire.com/days-gone-2-cancellation-reason/

• Got my steam deck and have been catching up on games from 2015 and onward. @Tarekith how is Pathless with the bow and arrow mechanics?

• Red dead redemption 2 sólo mode story is finished, just doing challenges.

• @mjcouche said:
    Got my steam deck and have been catching up on games from 2015 and onward. @Tarekith how is Pathless with the bow and arrow mechanics?

I loved it. A pretty decent aim assist helps keep things fluid. Easily one of my favorite games of all time actually.

• Both actually, but with a good bit of Breath Of The Wild exploration too.

• While we‘re at third-person action games with exploration mechanics, may I throw Monster Hunter Rise in the room?
    The new Sunbreak expansion makes this phenomenal, but the base game alone can bring heaps of fun.
    Monster Hunter games always had the best third-person fighting mechanics of all games I played (I played A LOT of games) and Rise just added to it. I ended up not liking The Witcher 3 because Monster Hunter games spoiled me. That’s how good they are. 👌🏼
    You can get the game for PC or Switch. No crossplay though. There’s also a demo.

• @mjcouche said:
    Got my steam deck and have been catching up on games from 2015 and onward. @Tarekith how is Pathless with the bow and arrow mechanics?

What's your overall impression of using the Steam Deck? I put my reservation in pretty late, so I don't expect to be getting it any time soon, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on how fun it is.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@mjcouche said:

What's your overall impression of using the Steam Deck? I put my reservation in pretty late, so I don't expect to be getting it any time soon, but I'd really appreciate some feedback on how fun it is.

I may be a bit biased because I haven’t had a gaming system or gaming capable PC for a while now. But I love it.

I can play RDR2 and bring it along with me?? I can press the power button and then wake it up later without having to wait through any load screens?? It’s pretty amazing. Extra space definitely needed. I got the largest one and added a 256gb micro sd card.

Controls are great. Most have support or have a community layout already set. Seems well built. Easily connects to external screens/ controllers/ keyboards. I find most of the non- supported games work. For example, I’m 80% of the way through Arkham Knight.

I’ve had a few crashes here and there but nothing “throw your controller” frustrating. I highly recommend.

• @mjcouche said:
    [...]
    I may be a bit biased because I haven’t had a gaming system or gaming capable PC for a while now. But I love it.

I can play RDR2 and bring it along with me?? I can press the power button and then wake it up later without having to wait through any load screens?? It’s pretty amazing. Extra space definitely needed. I got the largest one and added a 256gb micro sd card.

Controls are great. Most have support or have a community layout already set. Seems well built. Easily connects to external screens/ controllers/ keyboards. I find most of the non- supported games work. For example, I’m 80% of the way through Arkham Knight.

I’ve had a few crashes here and there but nothing “throw your controller” frustrating. I highly recommend.

I probably have a similar bias. My "gaming PC" is what I'd call barely capable. Its GPU is starting to have some issues too.

It's good to hear that you like the controls. That was my second biggest concern after screen quality when I decided to buy one.

It sounds like you are having fun with it. That's reassuring for me. Thanks for the feedback.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@mjcouche said:
    [...]

I probably have a similar bias. My "gaming PC" is what I'd call barely capable. Its GPU is starting to have some issues too.

It's good to hear that you like the controls. That was my second biggest concern after screen quality when I decided to buy one.

It sounds like you are having fun with it. That's reassuring for me. Thanks for the feedback.

I can almost guarantee there will be less time to develop apps haha. Screen has been really good by my estimation. I’m not a screen or frame rate purist by any means but I have not had any issues with either.