Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT // Any gamers in here? What are you playing? Is it Good?

Comments

• @CapnWillie said:
    Finally gave Watchdogs Legion a go. Love the London setting. Story blows but the mechanics, open world and new expanded features offer enough to have a good romp around. Especially when you turn off the HUD and help functions. Just explore and play within the world they’ve provided and you’ll quickly find ways to hack and bend it to your will. Why I love Ubisoft. They’re Far Cry, Assassins and Watchdog worlds are unmatched on console imo.

Ghost of Tsushima is a great way to kill time also. The game is gorgeous and really displays the investments you may have made as it relates to Audio/Video. Sony Games always puts on a masterclass for Devs in terms of whats possible on PlayStation.

Marvel Black Panther expansion was fun. Buzzing through my old NyC neighborhoods in Amazing Spider Man is always special. Stunning how accurately they modeled NY.

Mafia 3 was an impressive surprise.

I have Assassins Creed Origins, Red Dead 2, Control and Far Cry 5 in the queue but NBA 2k22 just dropped so I probably won’t get to them.

I highly recommend making time for both RDR2 and Far Cry 5. RDR2 is so expansive and cinematic, it’s one of the best games of all time in my opinion. Far Cry 5 is an excellent improvement on 3 (never played 4). It cuts out all of the tedious tasks from 3 and ups the ante. They really make it feel like you specifically are being targeted and toyed with by the powers that be.

• @DukeWonder said:

@CapnWillie said:
    Finally gave Watchdogs Legion a go. Love the London setting. Story blows but the mechanics, open world and new expanded features offer enough to have a good romp around. Especially when you turn off the HUD and help functions. Just explore and play within the world they’ve provided and you’ll quickly find ways to hack and bend it to your will. Why I love Ubisoft. They’re Far Cry, Assassins and Watchdog worlds are unmatched on console imo.

Ghost of Tsushima is a great way to kill time also. The game is gorgeous and really displays the investments you may have made as it relates to Audio/Video. Sony Games always puts on a masterclass for Devs in terms of whats possible on PlayStation.

Marvel Black Panther expansion was fun. Buzzing through my old NyC neighborhoods in Amazing Spider Man is always special. Stunning how accurately they modeled NY.

I have Assassins Creed Origins, Red Dead 2, Control and Far Cry 5 in the queue but NBA 2k22 just dropped so I probably won’t get to them.

I highly recommend making time for both RDR2 and Far Cry 5. RDR2 is so expansive and cinematic, it’s one of the best games of all time in my opinion. Far Cry 5 is an excellent improvement on 3 (never played 4). It cuts out all of the tedious tasks from 3 and ups the ante. They really make it feel like you specifically are being targeted and toyed with by the powers that be.

I feel like if you finish Far Cry 5 you HAVE to play Far Cry New Dawn, it’s pretty much what happened after FC5

• edited September 2021

At the moment:

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    • Watch Dogs Legion
    • The Division 2
    • Plague Tale Innocence
    • Control + DLC

Considering Valhalla DLC in autumn sale but still a little pricey for my budget. But the latest update added some free River Raids which use the Ireland and Francia (ancient France) settings, which seems like a cunning marketing ploy, as the Francia raids were exquisite!

• It really is worth checking out the Epic Store freebies, as they regularly give away big titles for not a cent. Current freebie is Nioh Complete Edition - till Sept 16th.

• No Man’s Sky keeps getting better and better!

The latest “Frontiers” update adds a ton of new base building parts and enhancements, and all kinds of new content.

• @CapnWillie said:

@DukeWonder said:

@CapnWillie said:

I could see why RDR2 is so highly recommended and lauded immediately. The world seems as or perhaps even more immersive than GTA5 which I got lost in for a year or more. I think that may be why I keep avoiding it. I start it, play a few hours over several days, something comes up and I feel like I’ve forgotten how to play or some important detail and feel like I need to start again. I’m going to have to binge out for an entire week or something. I’ve run into the same issue completing Ghost of Tsushima.

Oddly enough, i didn’t have that issue with Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition which i HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Super underrated game. Such a surprise even in 2021.

FC5 better than 3?! Are you sure?! I’ve never heard that before although I did here 5 was better than 4 which I never did complete. 3 was a masterpiece. Possibly the best Villain in any video game ever. Sheesh, now I’m more compelled.lol. Problem is, it’s yet another immersive open world.

Then there’s Valhalla calling me…which is yet ANOTHER huge world. I see it is frequently on sale now which is Ubisoft mo so I’m sure soon the complete edition will be available for a few bucks which is when I snag everything.

And I forgot….I recently scored Hitman 2 Deluxe for $10 which includes 1& 2.

I’m log jammed gamer gents…log jammed.💀

I would say RDR2 is significantly more immersive than GTAV. There’s so much going on and so many little details. GTA Online is far better than Red Dead Online, but the Red Dead story is much better.

Far Cry 3 and 5 are pretty different in terms of feeling.

Far Cry 3 is pretty epic and Vaas is fantastic. But there’s also a lot of tedium. Hunt 5 of this animal, climb the tower, repeat. And it doesn’t really feel like you’re going to lose. You feel like an action movie star. So while there are stakes, you always feel like you have the edge.

Far Cry 5 has 4 main antagonists. The primary could give Vaas a run for his money for sure. The other 3 are pretty solid as well. You don’t feel like you’re some action movie hero dropped in the middle of a drug war. You don’t have that wrong place, wrong time feeling. It feels more personal. Like you are directly being targeted and hunted. The stakes feel higher. It also doesn’t have the same tedium. It keeps a lot of the same mechanics that make the games great, but refines them beautifully. It also incorporates the trippy elements a bit more which I appreciate. That Far Cry 3 mission where you’re burning the fields and trying to shoot while you’re tripping out? An entire third of the map is built to have that same sort of disoriented, hallucinating feeling.

• While I loved FANTASIAN Part 1, Part 2 is so stupidly hard it’s not even fun.

Really I just wish I could snag a PS5 before the next Horizon zero Dawn comes out 😔

• edited September 2021

@CapnWillie said:
    Where are you at regarding Valhalla @craftycurate ? I hear very polar mixed reviews. Anything with Vikings is an instant interest and I lOVED AC:Odyseey which also go very polar review and so far…im thoroughly enjoying WDL which had poor reviews. In fact, I’ve never NOT enjoyed an Ubisoft game but…..im hearing there is no fast travel in Valhalla which would make a long ocean voyage tedious and brain numbing if it’s the only way to get around.

What do you like most/least about it?

I love Valhalla but it's not perfect, but then I'm a big AC fanboy, having completed all the AC games from Unity onwards. They've really tried to incorporate the best gameplay mechanics and features from previous AC games, and IMHO have largely succeeded.

LIKE:

• The levelling\ability system borrows from both Odyssey and Origins and I'd say is the best levelling system in any AC game I've played.
    • The lighting\atmospherics are wonderful, and almost painterly in look.
    • I like having a home base\settlement
    • The legendary weapons are excellent and really worth exploring to find
    • The side missions (called "World Events") are SO much better in Valhalla - really quirky and fun, more varied, feel less tacked on than they did in Odyssey\Origins. That's partly becasue of next point ...
    • The main story occupies a much greater percentage of play time, which really works. Felt the Odyssey main story got a bit buried in all the side stuff at times
    • Variety of locations ... Norway, England, plus a couple of other minor locations (even without any DLC)
    • Greater variety of gameplay modes inc River Raids etc, give variety to game
    • The 3D modelling, especially of buildings, is quite special and really helps build a sense of location
    • Tons of things to do, aside from main quests
    • Raiding forts and encampments with a bunch of vikingur from your longboat is exhilarating and unlike everything in any other AC games
    • Combat is intense and visceral
    • You can pet the animals! Yay! Most of them anyway ...

DISLIKE:

• The weapon system is closer to Origins, and I think I preferred the weapon system in Odyssey, but I'm kind of used to it now.
    • Control machanics are a bit clunky sometimes - find myself stumbling over things more, and climbing things I don't mean to (as we used to a lot in Unity) or getting stuck climbing rock faces sometimes
    • Can't use melée weapons from horseback (can only use bow) - often have to get off the horse to deal with wolves and bandits etc
    • No New Game+ (yet)
    • Some of the puzzles (cairn stacking) are very frustrating but can just ignore.

ALSO:

There definitely is fast travel in Valhalla - I use it all the time ... it's there as in all AC games ... but as with all other AC games, you can only fast travel to unlocked locations, and outside of combat. And you can also travel by longboat, and horseback, so it's quite easy to get round.

It's currently 40% off in the Autumn sale (cheapest yet).

• @CapnWillie said:
    Where are you at regarding Valhalla @craftycurate ? I hear very polar mixed reviews. Anything with Vikings is an instant interest and I lOVED AC:Odyseey which also go very polar review and so far…im thoroughly enjoying WDL which had poor reviews. In fact, I’ve never NOT enjoyed an Ubisoft game but…..im hearing there is no fast travel in Valhalla which would make a long ocean voyage tedious and brain numbing if it’s the only way to get around.

What do you like most/least about it?

I also love WDL ... doesn't have the same depth of story as AC, but it's a very different sort of game, and is lot of fun, especially the recruitment system. The old people are hilarious, and giving your agents silly outfits is a hoot. Love being able to drive around and generally cause mayhem.

Have you tried the Zombie mode?

• edited September 2021

Currently rehashing Skyrim. Finished Cyberpunk recently and thought it was a bit meh. Was hoping for Witcher 3 levels of imersion, but it didnt hapen. Night City looked great but its mostly a facade and you couldnt enter many buildings. All the vehicles drove like crap, which was .....crap.

Anyway, FarCry 6 is due out in a few weeks. :)

• @timforsyth said:

@FPC said:
    Anyone else playing/played The Outer Wilds?

Stunning just exploring your universe, landing on different planets and playing with the gravity physics for hours... there is some kind of collect things/solve the puzzle type game in there but so far I'm loving bumming around in space.

YES! Got around to playing this last year at the start of our first lockdown. Outstanding game, the loop mechanic makes things a bit frustrating later in the game but exploration always rewards you. I love the way the story unfolds as you piece fragments of conversations together and when I figured out what was going on I was blown away. The parallel between my feelings of the new covid world I found myself in and the bigger picture in the Outer Wilds is something I'll never forget.

@sch said:
    Maybe this is just a pipe dream, but any recommendations for a game that just gives you a world to see, and no requirement for battle? My current platforms are M1 iPad Pro 12.9 512GB and MacBook Air M1. My preferred device would be the iPad.

There are lots of really decent exploration / narrative based games out there that have been ported to iOS. Some are unfairly labelled "Walking Simulators", I'd suggest giving these a go (I've only played these on Playstation so I don't know how good the iOS ports are but I think there are Mac versions too):

What remains of Edith Finch
    Dear Esther
    Firewatch
    Everybody's gone to the Rapture (think this is mac, no iOS)

Check out Life is Strange, A Short Hike, Journey, the mind bending puzzler The Witness and if you want a bit of platforming in there, Gris, Playdead's Inside, Fez.

Also, launched first on iOS, Year Walk and Device 6 are brilliant too. The same studio went on to make the fantastic Sayonara Wild Hearts which is a real change of pace and may or may not be your thing (but anyone reading this, search youtube, its really good)

I thought I was done with traditional video games (and I still kinda am after this peak) but Sayonara Wild Hearts was the peak of gaming for me. As a huge synth pop fan, this game was like..:exactly what I would create if I had the talent to code a game and make the art. What a freakin experience! Simogo has always delivered the goods.

I’ve gotten more and more into the walking simulators as I seek out, like the above poster, more “stress-free” types of games. The only one on iOS that I think was really well done is Edith Finch, though.

Currently replaying Oxenfree as I lost my save game right before the end and I saw there’s a sequel coming (to PC at least). One of the few games where the story AND the voice acting truly rivals a movie or TV show.

Also checking out a Night in the Woods and enjoying it so far. But I just can’t do the traditional action/fps/platformers any more. I want to like them but I’ve grown out of them it seems.

Finally, The Witness sucks. Love the idea, but it’s so fucking esoteric and lifeless that I gave up on it. I knew exactly what it wanted in the section where you follow the sun’s shadows on the panels, but I couldn’t get them to complete without trying every possible combination and eventually hitting on it so I tossed it.

• edited October 2021

I've been playing Metroid Dread on the Switch, which is the first properly new 2.5D Metroid in a while. Great game so far - it hits the nostalgia buttons of Super Metroid and plays very well. Looking forward to delving more into it when I get some time.

I've also been hammering Spelunky 2 with my girlfriend, which is the 2020 sequel to the classic roguelike game Spelunky HD. We've completed the main game a couple of times (YES!), and now we're trying to do some of the secret stuff. While it doesn't do anything particularly different to the original, the new stuff is fun and the interplay between all the different enemies, traps and gameplay elements is as pitch-perfect as ever. It's a hard and frustrating game (but MOSTLY fair) that's not for the faint-hearted, but it's absolutely wonderful when things all come together in a good run.

• edited October 2021

Am playing Darkwood and Death Stranding. Mainly focused on Darkwood atm.

I finished Prey (Arkane version) and Prey Mooncrash recently and was amazed how good they are. I can highly recommend those.

Plus, just pre-ordered Elden Ring.

• Has anyone here managed to snag a PS5? Any tips that helped, or just dumb luck? I’ve been trying for months now, twitter alerts for restocks set up, accounts created at all the major retailers, still no luck….

Oh well, in the meantime replaying The Pathless on my iPad, still one of my favorite games of all time.

• Just got Final Fantasy VIII on mobile and have been playing that for some nostalgia

• @gkillmaster said:

I finished Prey (Arkane version) and Prey Mooncrash recently and was amazed how good they are. I can highly recommend those.

Death Stranding is a work of art

• edited October 2021

@Tarekith said:
    Has anyone here managed to snag a PS5? Any tips that helped, or just dumb luck? I’ve been trying for months now, twitter alerts for restocks set up, accounts created at all the major retailers, still no luck….

Oh well, in the meantime replaying The Pathless on my iPad, still one of my favorite games of all time.

My friend got one recently by showing up to his local Target right as they opened on shipment day. The store only got a single unit in, too, so he got really lucky no one else had the same idea as him. Probably helps that he’s in a pretty small town as well.

Online alerts for restocks are near impossible to catch in time unless you’re absolutely glued to your screen and can fire in your payment info faster than everyone else. Why I eventually gave up on trying to get a Switch when they were new.

• I do really like the PS5 controller for iOS games, even though most games have the main action mapped to the square button instead of the X like I grew up on.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Tarekith said:
    Has anyone here managed to snag a PS5? Any tips that helped, or just dumb luck? I’ve been trying for months now, twitter alerts for restocks set up, accounts created at all the major retailers, still no luck….

My friend got one recently by showing up to his local Target right as they opened on shipment day. The store only got a single unit in, too, so he got really lucky no one else had the same idea as him. Probably helps that he’s in a pretty small town as well.

Online alerts for restocks are near impossible to catch in time unless you’re absolutely glued to your screen and can fire in your payment info faster than everyone else. Why I eventually gave up on trying to get a Switch when they were new.

Yeah, I’m just going to have to keep waiting I guess.

• edited October 2021

Currently on series x: Phoenix Point,Mechwarrior 5,The ascent,Wreckfest,it takes two (the best coop game i’ve ever played) Looking forward to: FH5,Halo…and the CP2077 update for new consoles.Oh and Starfield 😎

on ipad: FTL (still SO good),Drive on moscow (alltime),Warhammer Deathwatch.

iphone: monument valley 2

Macbook: into the breach (i want this on ipad so badly 😩)

Switch: collecting dust.

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@gkillmaster said:

Death Stranding is a work of art

I recently found out from watching an interview of engineer Andrew Scheps who was behind the music soundtrack of Death Stranding, a group call Low Roar, their stuff is amazing, one of the things I love about that game is the music. Andrew says that Low Roar is closer to his heart tha other projects he's mixed because he was more involved in the creation processed or was more vested in the music.

• Since quite some time, I mostly play "Clash of Clans" on iPad 😅🤗
    Should play other games again.

• Disappointed with the Monument Valley 2 update. I wasn’t expecting the 4 levels to be THAT short and easy. Nothing like the challenge of original…though maybe that’s just because my brain wasn’t used to it at the time. But I’m pretty sure it was much more challenging.

• The Forest is way more fun than I imagined. The cannibal AI is so good. Kind of a rough marvel of a game. So many things are done exceptionally well for an immersive experience.

• Just got FIFA 22.

• @CapnWillie said:
    Have you played FC6 @DukeWonder ? It’s on sale now along with that AC Vikings game. Choosing games over instruments this BF as I haven’t even finished going through the sounds I bought last BF 😂.

I have. I have very mixed feelings about it. It doesn’t feel as smooth as 3 or 5 (didn’t play 4). Some of the mechanics are a little weird. But at its core, it’s still a Far Cry game. Run around, shoot folks, blow shit up. I feel like they did up the difficulty but in a very natural way. Doesn’t feel forced.

The one thing missing so far are the trippy, psychedelic elements.

I do play on PC and I’ve heard that it’s much smoother on console.

• Any of you got Next Gen consoles yet? If so, which?

• I got one of those email months ago but couldn’t pull the trigger yet. Son got a Xbox Series X but I doubt he’ll allow me to play it. I would only want to play a few games on XBox. PS5 is the way to go for me

• Been patiently waiting for a PS5, but not having any luck with my half-assed searches 😃 At this point I'm resigned to just waiting til next summer to snag one. As long as I can play Horizon Zero Dawn 2 somewhat close to release date.

• Yes, I stopped playing Ghost of Tsushima on the PS4 so I can start over on the 5. Plus new God of War coming next year !

@Tarekith said:
    Been patiently waiting for a PS5, but not having any luck with my half-assed searches 😃 At this point I'm resigned to just waiting til next summer to snag one. As long as I can play Horizon Zero Dawn 2 somewhat close to release date.