Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT // Any gamers in here? What are you playing? Is it Good?

Comments

• edited February 2022

Forbidden West is on the Horizon now 🤓
    Quick replay of Zero Dawn is in order :)

• Alienation from Housemarque games is very superb. Waiting anxiously for Elden Ring.

• After a year of trying and being on Sonys waiting list, finally snagged a PS5 a couple of weeks ago. Started playing Ghost of Tsushima and have been blown away by how well done that game is. Just beautiful.

I had planned on whizzing through it just to kill time until horizon forbidden west was released, but now I’m slowing down and trying to complete everything in Ghost first. It really is an amazing game in terms of story, combat, and visuals.

• I’ve recently gotten into card games, specifically the two Meteorfall games for iOS. Anyone know of similarly good games? Cultist Simulator looks pretty good, if fairly more complex. But I like the Meteorfalls for their relatively low initial learning curve and their quick playability.

I have already tried the Arnold Rautins solitaire games but they seemed a little shallow unless you are specifically going for achievements.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I’ve recently gotten into card games, specifically the two Meteorfall games for iOS. Anyone know of similarly good games? Cultist Simulator looks pretty good, if fairly more complex. But I like the Meteorfalls for their relatively low initial learning curve and their quick playability.

I have already tried the Arnold Rautins solitaire games but they seemed a little shallow unless you are specifically going for achievements.

Cultist simulator is really good, story cars games are great - the old 80 days one is good too, though strictly less of a card game…

• Card crawl and miracle merchant are two others I like, much lighter, but both have a very morish quality to the gameplay… meteor cards as well, though I’m not sure if that’s available anymore, I met the dev at a games festival, lovely bloke…

• @CapnWillie said:
    Just downloaded Zero Dawn. I’ve heard it mentioned among the greats for awhile.

It's got a really unique combat to it and it's a great story, you're in for a treat!

• The game I spend most hours in, is Borderlands 2. It never got me bored the past few years.

• edited February 2022

Just finished some games I picked up over Xmas, mostly from EPIC store as freebies or heavily discounted:

Horizon Zero Dawn. One of the best games I've played in living memory. Some of the best storytelling ever, exhilarating robot fights, exploration, etc. The way it blends ancient and modern settings is quite unique and engaging. The costumes in particular are quite outstanding. The poor lighting implementation, esp interiors bugs me a bit, as it looks like a game from 2000, but it didn't detract from overall experience. The outdoor atmospherics, esp in snowy areas, was quite special and more than made up for it.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - kind of action puzzle platformer, with light sabres. Once you pick up a few special moves and light sabre upgrades, the fights are exhilarating and just plain fun - who doesn't love slashing through a horde of enemies, many of whom end up cloven in twain. Lots of exploration, secrets, completionist heaven. Great storytelling and characters.

Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition - love the fully raytraced lighting. Excellent storytelling. Love the stealth mechanics and gunplay. The rusted Soviet installation setting of much of the game is just wonderful and evocative.

Prey - EPIC freebie - the gameplay felt like Dishonored, which isn't a surprise as it turned out to be an Arkane game. Very Metroidvania-esque, with lots of area unlocking and backtracking to finish off areas you couldn't get to at first. If you like snooping around looking for secrets, then this is one for you.

Slogging through Death Stranding ... it is very well done, but the gameplay mechanics are a bit laboured and don't make for a smooth flowing immersive experience I can lose myself in.

I had a go at Dying Light - it's not bad, but the parkour mechanics were driving me crazy - after falling to my death from the pylon for the 5th time I got fed up and stopped playing. Might return to it.

• If you mean the Frozen Wilds, definitely go for it... it will keep you busy for quite some time... cool extension to the story, and freaky machines to defeat :)

• edited February 2022

@CapnWillie said:
    Holy Where-did-the-time-go Batman!

HZD is definitely one of the most immersive worlds I’ve experienced in awhile and I’m just getting started. Subtle things like how weighted Alloy is. Movement and POV seems very tight so pacing and navigating the world is ultra realistic. Almost feels like VR somehow.

Question: Should I grab the DLC? I mean yeah it’s only $3.99 right now but frequently I never get around to playing after finishing a main campaign but I have a feeling this may be different.

For 4 bucks - if you enjoyed the main game, it's probably worth it. Great story, esp the side mission where you bump into the 3 young hunters is some of the funniest and most human CG characters I've ever seen. It adds some cool weapon upgrades which are then available for all your robot bashing needs in the rest of the map and in New Game +.

If you want more, it's worth it. If you've had your fill with the main campaign, then maybe not?

And yeah you're right about immersive. The emotional depth of the opening section of the game, setting up Aloy's back story and her survivor\fighter nature had me hooked in from the get go. The realism and humanity of the characters - their facial animation, and mo-cap in general is perhaps the best I've ever seen.

• The DLC is definitely worth it!

• edited February 2022

@CapnWillie said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    If you mean the Frozen Wilds, definitely go for it... it will keep you busy for quite some time... cool extension to the story, and freaky machines to defeat :)

Yep. Frozen Wilds. I was surprised it didn’t come bundled in the complete edition but I’m going to grab it now anyways thanks.

Agreed @craftycurate I’ll add that the sound design team also did an amazing job.

If you have the Complete Edition you should have Frozen Wilds - on the main menu screen, does it say "Frozen Wilds" in the top right?

Hope I caught you in time before you bought it a second time :o

• Currently playing Subnautica on Switch

(Also available on every other console/PC)

The most perfect blend of underwater exploration, crafting, base building, and occasional dose of fear. And there's no map, so you rely on memory, landmarks, pen & paper, or cheating online.

Really recommended.

• edited February 2022

I've been playing Metroid Dread on the Switch. After (eventually) loving Hollow Knight beyond measure and thinking it's definitely at the absolute peak of the so-called 'Metroidvania' genre, I didn't think Dread would be anything like as good. However it's really got its hooks into me despite the difficulty level, which is rather high for a Nintendo published game. I think I'm approaching the end now, and it's been absolutely wonderful in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. It looks mighty pretty on the Switch OLED, too. It's a better game than the SNES's classic Super Metroid in pretty much all ways (except the music), but not as impactful because it's all been done before. However, I don't think that any Metroidvania has played quite as slickly as this one! It's a must-buy if you own a Switch and like this sort of thing. Also, the devs have recently patched in a Rookie mode, which makes this very difficult game much more accessible to newcomers.

• Any recommendations for Apple Arcade? Have just signed on to the trial.

• The Pathless is on Apple Arcade and is one of my favorite games of all time. Sayonara Hearts is worth a play too, pretty quick and gets very interesting despite the over the top music and graphics.

• Perfect, Thank you. I’ll try them later tonight 👍
    I’m not a gamer, but would like to be together with my 8 year old daughter ☺️

• Check out Sky Children Of Light and Journey as well then, my wife loves playing those with her little niece. I had fun playing them as well, very relaxing and more about just fun exploration. Good soundtracks too.

• @Tarekith said:
    Check out Sky Children Of Light and Journey as well then, my wife loves playing those with her little niece. I had fun playing them as well, very relaxing and more about just fun exploration. Good soundtracks too.

Yes , she is already playing Sky…great game. Our favourite has been Agent A and Lumino City.

• @128BPM said:
    Any recommendations for Apple Arcade? Have just signed on to the trial.

Here’s a list to get you started:

1. Wonderbox - among the best games I played… like ever. Build or just play incredibly beautiful diorama adventures.
    2. Patterned - a very meditative Puzzle game that has a kind of magic to it.
    3. Bloons TD6 - tower defense par excellence. Now without microtransaction bullshit. 👌🏼
    4. Sneaky Sasquatch - a child friendly GTA that’s constantly updated. It’s a bit grindy but great for kids
    5. Zen Pinball Party - If you like pinball, this one is solid.
    6. what the golf - a very silly golf game, that gave me quite a few hours of fun
    7. Hexaflip, Sp!ng or Grindstone for your quick fix action needs
    8. hot lava - great first person parcour game. Better with a controller
    9. Not to forget all the App Store classics that are finally free of those cancerous microtransaction:
    • Badlands
    • Fruit Ninja
    • Crashlands
    • Good Sudoku
    • Altos Odyssey
    • Tiny Wings
    • Threes

There’s just so much value in Apple Arcade. I wouldn’t want to miss it.

• @Artvarg said:

@128BPM said:
    Any recommendations for Apple Arcade? Have just signed on to the trial.

Here’s a list to get you started:

1. Wonderbox - among the best games I played… like ever. Build or just play incredibly beautiful diorama adventures.
    2. Patterned - a very meditative Puzzle game that has a kind of magic to it.
    3. Bloons TD6 - tower defense par excellence. Now without microtransaction bullshit. 👌🏼
    4. Sneaky Sasquatch - a child friendly GTA that’s constantly updated. It’s a bit grindy but great for kids
    5. Zen Pinball Party - If you like pinball, this one is solid.
    6. what the golf - a very silly golf game, that gave me quite a few hours of fun
    7. Hexaflip, Sp!ng or Grindstone for your quick fix action needs
    8. hot lava - great first person parcour game. Better with a controller
    9. Not to forget all the App Store classics that are finally free of those cancerous microtransaction:
    • Badlands
    • Fruit Ninja
    • Crashlands
    • Good Sudoku
    • Altos Odyssey
    • Tiny Wings
    • Threes

There’s just so much value in Apple Arcade. I wouldn’t want to miss it.

Wohoo Thank you 🏅
    I`ll start from the top of your list

• edited February 2022

I think a lot of you in this thread would be interested in this series. They talk with one of the devs in the Halo series. Another episode has them talking with BeardedBlevins, who is Ninja’s brother.

• Well I am enjoying FC6. Does it offer much from other Far Cry games? Well the scenery looks better, but its pretty much the same gameplay and mission brief as other versions. However, I like it and want to play it which is more than Cyberpunk managed. I am about 2/3 rds throuigh it and will likely finish it in a couple of months. Then the wait for Starfield starts. :)

• I keep looking at those retro handhelds that emulate pretty much anything, they look really good fun, though I’m also wondering if jailbreaking my old phone would be almost as good… I dont have any old Android ones as they all burned out…

• @Krupa said:
    I keep looking at those retro handhelds that emulate pretty much anything, they look really good fun, though I’m also wondering if jailbreaking my old phone would be almost as good… I dont have any old Android ones as they all burned out…

You don't really have to jailbreak, the Delta emulator (only Nintendo consoles) can be installed with AltStore, which itself requires a desktop computer. Other emulators can be installed as well though it's a bit more convoluted.

This guy has an in-depth guide in video and written form:
    https://retrogamecorps.com/2021/07/07/retro-game-emulation-on-an-iphone/

I've been very happy playing with a Backbone and my phone for 6 months, both emulated and App Store games, currently replaying Flashback:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/flashback-mobile/id1454506242

• @Grandbear said:

@Krupa said:
    I keep looking at those retro handhelds that emulate pretty much anything, they look really good fun, though I’m also wondering if jailbreaking my old phone would be almost as good… I dont have any old Android ones as they all burned out…

You don't really have to jailbreak, the Delta emulator (only Nintendo consoles) can be installed with AltStore, which itself requires a desktop computer. Other emulators can be installed as well though it's a bit more convoluted.

This guy has an in-depth guide in video and written form:
    https://retrogamecorps.com/2021/07/07/retro-game-emulation-on-an-iphone/

I've been very happy playing with a Backbone and my phone for 6 months, both emulated and App Store games, currently replaying Flashback:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/flashback-mobile/id1454506242

Interesting, I have tried, and failed with altstore in the last. I’ll give that a watch later and see if I get it right this time, nice one 👍👍

• I keep wanting to buy a switch but secretly exhaling every time I walk into the store to find they don’t have an oLED unit. I’m afraid I’ll get way more into it than I need to now that I’ve seen some of the orher games besides the Nintendo flagships (the latter which I thought would be the only reason I’d play one for a while).

I feel like I can’t cut myself short with getting the handheld one either.

• Looks like the highly anticipated Stalker 2 is being delayed due to the war

• edited February 2022

Zelda the epic, for life it seems. I just cant beat BOTW! SO big and confusing for me, so I just walk the world haha. Big ups to Nintendo and the oled is just a lil better to me, not a huge difference.
    ps: the lite is weak but for tv the oled is same as the OG version fyi. I play on tv mostly so oled wound not improve that s=aspect.