Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare beta testers wanted

1235»

Comments

• @j_liljedahl said:

@tja said:
    Updated the Air 3 to iOS 13.4, but sadly no change...

In next beta (coming soon) I'll add another tweak that might work: explicitly registering for WAV and MP3 files and not only "any audiofile". Let me know how it goes.

BTW, even if AudioShare missing from "open in" is unconvenient, you can still just tap "Save to Files" and save it to the "AudioShare Files" location, right?

Hi Jonatan,

it works now for MP3 and WAV. Many thanks!!!

What about FLAC files? Later or only via ‚Save to Files‘?

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

Yessssssss :) :) :)

That fixes it, @j_liljedahl

Can you register anything audio or MIDI or video related?!?

• That seems to be an important information for all developers.

• @tja said:

Sure, I'll add a bunch of them.

Note that this is a workaround, probably some other app on your system has messed up the registry for "public.audio", which is the main common type for any audio file.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@tja said:

Note that this is a workaround, probably some other app on your system has messed up the registry for "public.audio", which is the main common type for any audio file.

That explains why i saw so many problems with iPadOS and the share sheet, also for other Apps!

Do you think, that there is way to fix this registry?!?

• @tja said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@tja said:

I've added MIDI as well as a bunch of other supported/common file formats. I tried adding the video type but it won't show up in the "open in" list when sharing a video from Photos app. However, with any file you can simply tap "Save to Files" and save it in the "AudioShare Files" location. That works for anything and is not dependent on iOS fragile unstable "open in" registry.

That explains why i saw so many problems with iPadOS and the share sheet, also for other Apps!

Do you think, that there is way to fix this registry?!?

Not that I know, except starting fresh with a new iOS install and not install all apps at once, and maybe you can pinpoint which app(s) are messing it up.

• Many thanks!

• @j_liljedahl I’m just patiently waiting for drag and drop from AudioShare to other Apps🤣🤣.

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

@Paa89 said:
    @j_liljedahl I’m just patiently waiting for drag and drop from AudioShare to other Apps🤣🤣.

+11111111111

And Normalization to a certain level.

• edited March 2020

It would be nice to have a FAVORITES folder.

• tjatja
    edited March 2020

@Iskander said:

And a toggle to mark / select favorites

• @tja said:

@Iskander said:

And a toggle to mark / select favorites

In the (far away) future I'll probably add a generic tagging system, aligned with the tags in the Files app. This might be for AudioShare3...

• Persistent sort mode.

❤️😍❤️

• @mistercharlie said:

Persistent sort mode.

❤️😍❤️

Oh yes

• @j_liljedahl i have had a couple crashes on the latest build. I’m working with some larger wav files, not sure what exactly is causing the crash. Mainly what I’m doing is listening to them and renaming and moving them into other files to sort. I have Koala and Shazam apps open as well so maybe that’s causing it

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    @j_liljedahl i have had a couple crashes on the latest build. I’m working with some larger wav files, not sure what exactly is causing the crash. Mainly what I’m doing is listening to them and renaming and moving them into other files to sort. I have Koala and Shazam apps open as well so maybe that’s causing it

Make sure to enable "send diagnostics to developer" (or what it's called) in your privacy settings and send the testflight crash feedback, so I can have a look.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    @j_liljedahl i have had a couple crashes on the latest build. I’m working with some larger wav files, not sure what exactly is causing the crash. Mainly what I’m doing is listening to them and renaming and moving them into other files to sort. I have Koala and Shazam apps open as well so maybe that’s causing it

Make sure to enable "send diagnostics to developer" (or what it's called) in your privacy settings and send the testflight crash feedback, so I can have a look.

Okay cool thanks! I just turned it on and I’ll be using it pretty heavily today so if it happens again you’ll get it

• I reinstalled the App Store version and bammmm, AudioShare vanished again from the share sheet.

Just to give you feedback, that the workaround does not fix the registry, @j_liljedahl

• @tja said:
    I reinstalled the App Store version and bammmm, AudioShare vanished again from the share sheet.

Just to give you feedback, that the workaround does not fix the registry, @j_liljedahl

Good to know. I'll include the explicit doc types in the next update.

• It would be cool if one day a playlist, or play folder, would emerge in this.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    It would be cool if one day a playlist, or play folder, would emerge in this.

Some kind of playlist support is something I'd like to add in the future, yes. Already now, you can play a folder by enabling "auto play next" and tap the small preview play button on the first file in a folder.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    It would be cool if one day a playlist, or play folder, would emerge in this.

Some kind of playlist support is something I'd like to add in the future, yes. Already now, you can play a folder by enabling "auto play next" and tap the small preview play button on the first file in a folder.

Oh wow ty! Good stuff

• edited March 2020

@j_liljedahl I would like to join, I am on 13.4 and having issues with extracting zip files in audioshare all the extracted files are 4k. I also use external storage. Have a iPad Pro 2020. If its not too late ;)

EDIT just see that I have to send you a PM sorry for asking here.