Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare beta testers wanted

I have a bugfix update of AudioShare in the pipeline, and would appreciate some testing for a week or so before release! Send me an email or PM if you want to join. Changelog below:

  • Fix file problems on iOS 13
  • Allow access to USB drives on iOS 13
  • Fix layout issues on iPhone X
  • Allow exporting multiple selected files to Document Picker
  • Updated AB SDK
  • Fixes for sample rate changes
  • Fix stopped audio engine after coming back to app
  • Minor tweaks
«1345

Comments

  • Any chance the audioshare folder can be in a cloud service? (Dropbox or other...)

  • (I'll give it a go if you need btw, dint think there's anything critical in there right now)

  • Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

  • @Krupa said:
    Any chance the audioshare folder can be in a cloud service? (Dropbox or other...)

    This and a big bunch of other things is something I'm planning for the future, but more in the form that you will be able to access any location inside AudioShare - including local files and iCloud, Google Drive, or other 3rd party File Provider plugins. So you could choose where to store and record files freely.

  • @gsm909 said:
    Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

    This is a known bug, which I have never been able to reproduce! In the future I will rewrite the whole waveform redrawing logic from scratch, which will hopefully fix it.

  • @j_liljedahl said:

    @Krupa said:
    Any chance the audioshare folder can be in a cloud service? (Dropbox or other...)

    This and a big bunch of other things is something I'm planning for the future, but more in the form that you will be able to access any location inside AudioShare - including local files and iCloud, Google Drive, or other 3rd party File Provider plugins. So you could choose where to store and record files freely.

    Nice 👌

  • @j_liljedahl said:

    @gsm909 said:
    Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

    This is a known bug, which I have never been able to reproduce! In the future I will rewrite the whole waveform redrawing logic from scratch, which will hopefully fix it.

    yes, i get a blank waveform on the cursor ‘zoom in’ after a number of wav trimmings.. i guess thats part of the same prob .. its always been that way and restarting the app fixes it .. interested in the direct access to drives so will pm you ( i am on the aum beta )

  • @RockySmalls said:

    @j_liljedahl said:

    @gsm909 said:
    Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

    This is a known bug, which I have never been able to reproduce! In the future I will rewrite the whole waveform redrawing logic from scratch, which will hopefully fix it.

    yes, i get a blank waveform on the cursor ‘zoom in’ after a number of wav trimmings.. i guess thats part of the same prob .. its always been that way and restarting the app fixes it .. interested in the direct access to drives so will pm you ( i am on the aum beta )

    oh wait! i was already on the audioshare beta from wayback .. should i pm you anyway?

  • @RockySmalls said:

    @j_liljedahl said:

    @gsm909 said:
    Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

    This is a known bug, which I have never been able to reproduce! In the future I will rewrite the whole waveform redrawing logic from scratch, which will hopefully fix it.

    yes, i get a blank waveform on the cursor ‘zoom in’ after a number of wav trimmings.. i guess thats part of the same prob .. its always been that way and restarting the app fixes it .. interested in the direct access to drives so will pm you ( i am on the aum beta )

    Same. I have 25-30GB of stuff in Audioshare. Maybe it only happens when you have a huge amount of stuff in Audioshare...?

  • Yes, I get the same bug, since as long as I can remember

    @Poppadocrock said:

    @RockySmalls said:

    @j_liljedahl said:

    @gsm909 said:
    Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

    This is a known bug, which I have never been able to reproduce! In the future I will rewrite the whole waveform redrawing logic from scratch, which will hopefully fix it.

    yes, i get a blank waveform on the cursor ‘zoom in’ after a number of wav trimmings.. i guess thats part of the same prob .. its always been that way and restarting the app fixes it .. interested in the direct access to drives so will pm you ( i am on the aum beta )

    Same. I have 25-30GB of stuff in Audioshare. Maybe it only happens when you have a huge amount of stuff in Audioshare...?

  • Any idea why I cant access AS from files anymore?
    AS is the backbone of everything I do in iPad music, thanks Jonathan!
    I would offer to beta test but I am a Luddite, not on latest iOS

  • @Tickletiger said:

    Any idea why I cant access AS from files anymore?
    AS is the backbone of everything I do in iPad music, thanks Jonathan!
    I would offer to beta test but I am a Luddite, not on latest iOS

    How many files and folders did you stash in Audioshare?

    What OS?

    There is a Files app issue that is triggered by a number of as-yet-not-understood conditions one of which seems to be a very large number of files -- but there are others causes, too.

  • @Tickletiger said:

    Any idea why I cant access AS from files anymore?
    AS is the backbone of everything I do in iPad music, thanks Jonathan!
    I would offer to beta test but I am a Luddite, not on latest iOS

    This happened to me the other day making kits in Digistix. But I shut thee ol iPad down for 10 mins or so turned her back on and it was fixed. Hopefully that will help with your issue.

  • How many files and folders did you stash in Audioshare?

    29 gb worth

    What OS?

    12.2

    There is a Files app issue that is triggered by a number of as-yet-not-understood conditions one of which seems to be a very large number of files -- but there are others causes, too.

    Thanks for the information

  • @Tickletiger said:

    Any idea why I cant access AS from files anymore?
    AS is the backbone of everything I do in iPad music, thanks Jonathan!
    I would offer to beta test but I am a Luddite, not on latest iOS

    This is an iOS Files bug, rebooting your iPad should fix it.

    Since I currently support iOS 10 and up in AudioShare, I appreciate testers on all iOS versions!

  • @j_liljedahl : I'm up for the beta

    @Tickletiger : the issue re Files is often the number of files in a directory rather than cumulative size if it happens consistently

  • Yes, in general I’ve found anything over 2000 files in a folder is prone to create problems. I try to keep it closer to 1000 max. You can get away with more in local storage, but are virtually guaranteed to have issues with external storage.

  • @wim said:
    Yes, in general I’ve found anything over 2000 files in a folder is prone to create problems. I try to keep it closer to 1000 max. You can get away with more in local storage, but are virtually guaranteed to have issues with external storage.

    Earlier, I seem to get into problems with more than 100 files in a folder.
    So that got better.... will try again

  • @Krupa said:
    Any chance the audioshare folder can be in a cloud service? (Dropbox or other...)

    Yes yes yes yes yes please

  • edited March 7

    I’m already in the beta pool so should still get a notification :)

    ...is it possible to allow Audioshare folders to be favourited in the Files app? Currently it doesn’t work and any attempt to add an Audioshare folder to the favourites bar fails.

    edit: it only seems to allow the root folder of apps on favourites so so I guess this isn’t possible yet in iOS.

  • @j_liljedahl said:
    I have a bugfix update of AudioShare in the pipeline, and would appreciate some testing for a week or so before release! Send me an email or PM if you want to join. Changelog below:

    • Fix file problems on iOS 13
    • Allow access to USB drives on iOS 13
    • Fix layout issues on iPhone X
    • Allow exporting multiple selected files to Document Picker
    • Updated AB SDK
    • Fixes for sample rate changes
    • Fix stopped audio engine after coming back to app
    • Minor tweaks

    Hi there, please consider adding drag and drop, that would be very useful

  • edited March 7

    @RockySmalls said:

    @j_liljedahl said:

    @gsm909 said:
    Currently one of my issues with AudioShare is the waveform freezing (but still plays) when working through lots of recordings

    This is a known bug, which I have never been able to reproduce! In the future I will rewrite the whole waveform redrawing logic from scratch, which will hopefully fix it.

    yes, i get a blank waveform on the cursor ‘zoom in’ after a number of wav trimmings.. i guess thats part of the same prob .. its always been that way and restarting the app fixes it .. interested in the direct access to drives so will pm you ( i am on the aum beta )

    I know that but unfortunately i have no 100% working repro steps.
    It mostly happens after the waveform got somehow modified and saved again.
    Selecting another and reselecting the issued wave file fixes that behavior most of the times. Sometimes i need to start plaback of that file and rework the selection to fix it.

  • @j_liljedahl said:

    @Krupa said:
    Any chance the audioshare folder can be in a cloud service? (Dropbox or other...)

    This and a big bunch of other things is something I'm planning for the future, but more in the form that you will be able to access any location inside AudioShare - including local files and iCloud, Google Drive, or other 3rd party File Provider plugins. So you could choose where to store and record files freely.

    🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

  • While we are at it, any change to get an option to the Normalization Tool, @j_liljedahl ?

    I would like to normalize at "-x dB" instead of up to the maximum.

    Background is, that with AudioShare normalized files show up like this:

    So, I would like to normalize at -2 dB in this case....

  • @Paa89 said:

    @j_liljedahl said:
    I have a bugfix update of AudioShare in the pipeline, and would appreciate some testing for a week or so before release! Send me an email or PM if you want to join. Changelog below:

    • Fix file problems on iOS 13
    • Allow access to USB drives on iOS 13
    • Fix layout issues on iPhone X
    • Allow exporting multiple selected files to Document Picker
    • Updated AB SDK
    • Fixes for sample rate changes
    • Fix stopped audio engine after coming back to app
    • Minor tweaks

    Hi there, please consider adding drag and drop, that would be very useful

    Drag and drop between AudioShare location and other locations inside Files app is working in the current beta, but maybe you mean something else?

  • @tja said:
    While we are at it, any change to get an option to the Normalization Tool, @j_liljedahl ?

    I would like to normalize at "-x dB" instead of up to the maximum.

    Yes.

    Background is, that with AudioShare normalized files show up like this:

    So, I would like to normalize at -2 dB in this case....

    Why would you want that? You would just be throwing away bit resolution, and get quieter playback on all services other than Spotify.

  • @j_liljedahl There is one simple function I was often missing in AudioShare and that is:
    Sample Reverse.
    May I ask you to think about adding that?
    Being able to play a sample backwards is certainly not a challenging DSP algorithm but very useful nonetheless 🤗

  • @j_liljedahl said:

    @tja said:
    While we are at it, any change to get an option to the Normalization Tool, @j_liljedahl ?

    I would like to normalize at "-x dB" instead of up to the maximum.

    Yes.

    Background is, that with AudioShare normalized files show up like this:

    So, I would like to normalize at -2 dB in this case....

    Why would you want that? You would just be throwing away bit resolution, and get quieter playback on all services other than Spotify.

    Now, that would be the goal, or not?
    Master for your target, in this case Spotify.

    I would not expect people to master for each target separately, but maybe one for streaming and one for CDs or files.
    So, most will master for all streaming services only once.

    And -2 dB seems fine in this case and I would like to do this with AudioShare.

  • @tja I also find this weird to reduce bit resolution, why would you want to degrade the quality of your audio.

  • @Shiro said:
    @tja I also find this weird to reduce bit resolution, why would you want to degrade the quality of your audio.

    Dithering/noise shaping as well as upsampling to higher bit resolutions can help and sometimes you don't have the choice.

Sign In or Register to comment.