Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yonac magellan 2 is out now!!!

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:
    i can’t figure out how to, if you can, sync the in the auv3 to aum/ableton link

I can’t a way to start / stop the sequencer by AUM if that’s what you mean. Will look see if I can switch it on at least by midi.

ARP on / off is a midi cc option, so a work around is possible, but I can’t find any direct way of linking to the AUM transport.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

I can’t a way to start / stop the sequencer by AUM if that’s what you mean. Will look see if I can switch it on at least by midi.

ARP on / off is a midi cc option, so a work around is possible, but I can’t find any direct way of linking to the AUM transport.

i haven’t even got to the arp yet, i was assuming it would sync by default but guess not, right now i’m in the sequencer creating patters to loop and it’s all over as i can’t start/stop the different instances all at once or even get them to line up

• @Fruitbat1919 said: >
    Stealing ideas is tight! :p

Yeah yeah yeah! :)

• @reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

i haven’t even got to the arp yet, i was assuming it would sync by default but guess not, right now i’m in the sequencer creating patters to loop and it’s all over as i can’t start/stop the different instances all at once or even get them to line up

Having the same issue. My solution is probably going to be to email the sequencer pattern to use in another app the can then sync with AUM

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

Having the same issue. My solution is probably going to be to email the sequencer pattern to use in another app the can then sync with AUM

Or you can do it through files

• ahh good call, i can fire it to digikeys or spa... letsee see if i can still get the polyphonic sequencing patterns to work!

• @reasOne said:
    ahh good call, i can fire it to digikeys or spa... letsee see if i can still get the polyphonic sequencing patterns to work!

Think it’s not a midi file, so still stuck here

• Can a midi source go to multiple destinations in Magellan 2? Perfect for me if so....

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:
    ahh good call, i can fire it to digikeys or spa... letsee see if i can still get the polyphonic sequencing patterns to work!

So, back to trying to trigger the on off via midi see if that works maybe....maybe not lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

So, back to trying to trigger the on off via midi see if that works maybe....maybe not lol

haha let me know if you find a cure, i messaged him to see if there’s something that can be done

• @Svetlovska said:

@Fruitbat1919 said: >
    Stealing ideas is tight! :p

Yeah yeah yeah! :)

I got it from them.....it was super easy....barely an inconvenience! :p

• @Arglebargle said:
    Can a midi source go to multiple destinations in Magellan 2? Perfect for me if so....

You’ve got 4 x single Target linked to 4 x single Control, so if you used two or more of your mod slots for each up, you could send a midi source to multiple destinations.

• How does the synth sound, guys?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    How does the synth sound, guys?

Sounds great to my ears, but if you look online at YouTube’s of the Mk1, then that’s easier to get to grips with the sound, then descriptions.

It’s well worth buying imo.

• Is the Magellan 1 touchpad including the features like „octaving“ still a part of MG2 ? does it work the same way or hs it been changed?

• @reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

ya that’s what i’m trying to do, i can’t even make it sync to aums metronome

Set AUM to send MIDI Clock......seems like Magellan follows this.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

ya that’s what i’m trying to do, i can’t even make it sync to aums metronome

Set AUM to send MIDI Clock......seems like Magellan follows this.

I must be missing something :p

• @Bon_Tempi said:
    Is the Magellan 1 touchpad including the features like „octaving“ still a part of MG2 ? does it work the same way or hs it been changed?

This is one of the features I miss the most. Another one would be the way presets were listed. Easier to navigate IMHO

• @Prog1967 said:

This is one of the features I miss the most. Another one would be the way presets were listed. Easier to navigate IMHO

So what exactly is missing - the whole touchpad or „just” the octaving function within the touchpad?

• Nice synth. A bass patch x 2 with Ultratap x 2, Tb reverb x 2 and KB-1 x2. Less cpu than a single Model D.

Sounding like Future sound of London I beileve.

• Found the Ableton Link in Standalone but it’s not in the preferences in Aux3. It would be needed to sync the sequencer in AUM, correct?

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@RJB said:
    Found the Ableton Link in Standalone but it’s not in the preferences in Aux3. It would be needed to sync the sequencer in AUM, correct?

An AU should never need or use Link. It should get the sync from the host through the standard method for AUs. If this doesn't work then it's definitely a bug.

• @wim said:

@RJB said:
    Found the Ableton Link in Standalone but it’s not in the preferences in Aux3. It would be needed to sync the sequencer in AUM, correct?

An AU should never need or use Link. It should get the sync from the host through the standard method for AUs. If this doesn't work then it's definitely a bug.

Unfortunately, there are a few AUs that use Ableton Link rather than host sync.

• edited February 2020

@Michael_R_Grant said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=ST04HAAm2EM&feature=emb_logo

You'll either totally totally love it or, like me, you'll find it cheeeeezy.

(Note: this is a video from its original release.)

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

@RJB said:

Unfortunately, there are a few AUs that use Ableton Link rather than host sync.

But this one apparently not since the AU doesn't have the ability to enable Link.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Just to add though, many of the presets are totally drowned in Fx. I find it’s best to dial lots back in the app and you can make some decent sounds of your own. The presets have some decent starting points though. Decent choice of filters. It does have a certain sound though that as with all synths, may not be to your liking, or it may. I find dialled back and then layered with other synths, it more than earns its spot. I personally would get rid of quite a few apps before this one now that it’s AU. As in everything though your mileage may vary :)

• @reasOne said:
    now... if we can get kaspar on our iphones! 😎😎

🙏🏻

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Just to add though, many of the presets are totally drowned in Fx. I find it’s best to dial lots back in the app and you can make some decent sounds of your own. The presets have some decent starting points though. Decent choice of filters. It does have a certain sound though that as with all synths, may not be to your liking, or it may. I find dialled back and then layered with other synths, it more than earns its spot. I personally would get rid of quite a few apps before this one now that it’s AU. As in everything though your mileage may vary :)

Totally get it. I'm really drawn to all its features, but the sound doesn't speak to me. I never ever open the original. I'm just inordinately proud of not buying a new synth, man! I want everybody to know! :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Totally get it. I'm really drawn to all its features, but the sound doesn't speak to me. I never ever open the original. I'm just inordinately proud of not buying a new synth, man! I want everybody to know! :)

That’s the main thing though isn’t it- absolutely no point in having an app you are never going to use and having bought the first one, you already know that. Great for you having the strength of will not to buy a new app! I’ve passed up on many apps, but mostly because they are not AU, so probably not so brimming with willpower here ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

That’s the main thing though isn’t it- absolutely no point in having an app you are never going to use and having bought the first one, you already know that. Great for you having the strength of will not to buy a new app! I’ve passed up on many apps, but mostly because they are not AU, so probably not so brimming with willpower here ;)

(Let's not discuss all the FX I have recently purchased and haven't even OPENED. Although TB Reelbus? Fantastic.)