Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yonac magellan 2 is out now!!!

Comments

• i agree @Gavinski that the gui is designed with ios / touch screen in mind as opposed to leaning towards a desktop layout ... on my ipad it works very well but i will admit i’m struggling a bit with it on my iphone xs max in things like zenbeats where it smashes a lot into one screen, the onscreen keys block all the knobs, but to be fair i haven’t had much time to really test it, and maybe you can hide the keyboard, i don’t know yet.
    i really love the slider up top that takes you thru the synth menus very quickly, that is really nice.

i’ve seriously been waiting for this to happen as an auv3 for a long time , i’ve emailed the dev in the past pleading with him 🤣 and i’m actually very happy hedecided to make it a new app as opposed to just an update, makes it feel more complete and glad to support the dev again for his time working on this.

i’m pumped up for this , M1 was one of the first ios synths that just sounded so distinct and different from everything else i had at the time, and i used it when i could but being iaa i forgot about it often as i only really pull in the au menu in aum / ab etc. just got home from work and i’ll be up a while tweaking about!

• now... if we can get kaspar on our iphones! 😎😎

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

@ajmiller said:
    I’ve just imported the ‘drone’ pack using email from M1 to M2. Seem to work ok on a quick try!

via email huh? hmm gonna have to look into it

Tried it with the NWP mega pack 3. Most sounds seem fine, but some have issues or are silent, so it’s likely they are not 100% compatible

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’ve managed to port all packs I had bar 3 that won’t allow to be mailed. Not sure some presets won’t already be on there, but it’s handy none the less :)

great to hear!

• @reasOne said:

maybe you can hide the keyboard, i don’t know yet.

Indeed u can hide it! There's a button along the top, think it says 'kb' if I remember

• Renaming the thread in this way is mega confusing. Surely a release like this deserves its own thread? ;)

• Simple gui design like the ribbon at the top Is excellent. Probably all 4pockets apps need to make scrolling easier.

• No :-(

@Samu said:
    Can the effect section be used as a separate AUv3 FX unit?
    (That was the case with Magellan 1 when used with AB/IAA).

And well, how does it compare to Cauldron and Kaspar?
    (I'm personally back to Poison-202 for my basic VA needs).

• Make sure you use the DAW’s keyboard when recording instead of the built-in one otherwise you won’t record anything! (NS2, just found out the hard way) - is this standard for plug in synths?

Also I think I prefer having single screen options a la Kauldron instead of all this fiddly scrolling - at least that way I know exactly where to go and what to press ...

• @supadom said:
    Renaming the thread in this way is mega confusing. Surely a release like this deserves its own thread? ;)

this is a new thread not a rename, i didn’t start the other one

• @Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

maybe you can hide the keyboard, i don’t know yet.

Indeed u can hide it! There's a button along the top, think it says 'kb' if I remember

excellent! i see it now 😎

• are there any demos of the “drone pack” from Mag1 available to hear online anywhere? i haven’t been able to search anything with results but i am very curious to hear these presets

• @Svetlovska said:
    @david_2017 : your wish is my command! Bought - my first few minutes with it using the rather amazing onboard XY pad on a sequence gussied up by the equally amazing Chordial Mozaic script and FAC Alteza init patch:

This is lead preset ‘Set Up The Air’. The app seems to major on big and analogy noises in a way that few other of my apps can manage.

Thank you sir. Sounds really good. I got a little 15€ card gifted from a friend the other day and put it to Yonac! Thanks for the intro sale!!!

FYI: YOU CAN TRANSFER ALL OF YOUR OLD PACKS AND PRESETS VIA EMAIL, WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!

• edited February 2020

@supadom said:
    Renaming the thread in this way is mega confusing. Surely a release like this deserves its own thread? ;)

What's makes it even more confusing is that I started the thread with the title "Yonac Magellen 2 Teaser" and the title and also the first post have been changed to reasOne without my knowledge. I didn't even know somebody could take over a thread like that.

There's no indication in the 'new' first post that this was done either.

I no longer 'own' the thread and can't change the title back myself. :-/ I am still getting notifications when people post in the thread though, with the original title of the post in the alert.

I personally don't think Mods should be able to do this. I'm not bothered about this particular thread, but it's not particularly sensible to allow mods to change titles and take over the first post in threads without notice. There isn’t even a notification that that's what they’ve done. It could lead to arguments and confusion in more contentious threads. It would also be nice to have a little indicator next to people's names so that we know who the Mods are for transparency.

• i started am this thread, i am not sure if a mod merged it or something 🤷🏻‍♂️ i was just excited to see it release so i started new thread i didn’t rename anything fyi

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:
    i started am this thread, i am not sure if a mod merged it or something 🤷🏻‍♂️ i was just excited to see it release so i started new thread i didn’t rename anything fyi

Ah. Must have been merged with my thread then.

Perhaps a mod should have put a note at the top saying it was merged. As you'll see, the first reply to your OP was made before you posted it... :-/

• @klownshed said:

@reasOne said:
    i started am this thread, i am not sure if a mod merged it or something 🤷🏻‍♂️ i was just excited to see it release so i started new thread i didn’t rename anything fyi

Perhaps a mod should have put a note at the top saying it was merged. As you'll see, the first reply to your OP was made before you posted it... :-/

i see that now! interesting! maybe they do this often and i don’t notice but i can see why it’s confusing

• @reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

i see that now! interesting! maybe they do this often and i don’t notice but i can see why it’s confusing

Merging threads although understandably annoying at times, could have really funny results :D

• Joking apart, this app is really fun and It also reminded me how much I like Kauldron too :)

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

Yeah, perhaps there should be a little note/indicator that threads have been merged. @reasOne Sorry for implying that you stole my thread! :lol:

• I’ve been here for ever and never been asked to moderate. Maybe I’m just not one of the responsible grownups here 🤔

• @KRPT said:
    Make sure you use the DAW’s keyboard when recording instead of the built-in one otherwise you won’t record anything! (NS2, just found out the hard way) - is this standard for plug in synths?

It's a 'host issue' NS2 can't record midi from plug-ins without extra work-arounds...

• @klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

Yeah, perhaps there should be a little note/indicator that threads have been merged. @reasOne Sorry for implying that you stole my thread! :lol:

haha no problem man. i mean i have been called a dick many times but im not a thief lol

• @reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

haha no problem man. i mean i have been called a dick many times but im not a thief lol

Ah you naughty naughty thread thief! This might be a profession one day.

• @reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

@klownshed said:

@reasOne said:

Stealing ideas is tight! :p

• I could not find a "Init" patch, is there one?

• @tja said:
    I could not find a "Init" patch, is there one?

Yes, press the sound name, look at the bottom of the load / save etc dialog and it’s about the seventh selection I think.

• i can’t figure out how to, if you can, sync the in the auv3 to aum/ableton link

• @reasOne said:
    i can’t figure out how to, if you can, sync the in the auv3 to aum/ableton link

I can’t a way to start / stop the sequencer by AUM if that’s what you mean. Will look see if I can switch it on at least by midi.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:
    i can’t figure out how to, if you can, sync the in the auv3 to aum/ableton link

I can’t a way to start / stop the sequencer by AUM if that’s what you mean. Will look see if I can switch it on at least by midi.

ya that’s what i’m trying to do, i can’t even make it sync to aums metronome

• so i have multiple instances of the app running different sequences all outta time