Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yonac magellan 2 is out now!!!

Comments

• and ya i’m mad i’m at work rn @JohnnyGoodyear haha i wana jam!

• @reasOne said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Can't believe it's late Sunday night and I get my hands on this....grrrr. Great addition.

so can you transfer all the your non iap patches that came with M1 over too??

We don't know. We are hoping that the scientist of rockets Mister @gusgranite will return soon with good news from the lab etc....

• How does this and Kauldron compare?

• Epic- got also the 3 iap. Totally worth it. Thanks Yonac.

• I had to use a PC but was able to copy Mag1 presets to Documents app and then open (Share) them one by one in Mag2. Some of them translated, some didn’t. It is a different synth though and I know Yonac are doing their best to bring over what they can.

Cool to have this synth updated and AU! Looking forward to spawning new sounds. Nice one Yonac! 👍

• @jipumarino said:
    How does this and Kauldron compare?

This is the older brother that Kauldron looks up to and hopes to become one day.

• @jolico said:

@jipumarino said:

This is the older brother that Kauldron looks up to and hopes to become one day.

:D actually that’s how it looks at a quick glance, but I wanted to know if there’s anything I’m missing

• edited February 2020

A must! one small issue...Swing fader in Sequencer drags the whole block ( you have to center touch on the knob if you want to use it )

I like the scroll through different pages and I can't remember if there was a chord function on the previous one. Really good sweet synth!

• edited February 2020

Anyone that has this and the old one too: have you opened the older one and tried to play it...?
    Something strange. Might just be me.

Edit never mind: I was using BT headphones. New one supports BT, old one does not.

• edited February 2020

@david_2017 : your wish is my command! Bought - my first few minutes with it using the rather amazing onboard XY pad on a sequence gussied up by the equally amazing Chordial Mozaic script and FAC Alteza init patch:

This is lead preset ‘Set Up The Air’. The app seems to major on big and analogy noises in a way that few other of my apps can manage.

• Only issues I’ve had so far are:

I can’t alter the sequencer swing dial as the page doesn’t lock (or I can’t find one).
    I can’t see the text for saves in dark mode.

• @jipumarino said:

@jolico said:

@jipumarino said:

:D actually that’s how it looks at a quick glance, but I wanted to know if there’s anything I’m missing

No. It’s awesome.

• £6.99 sale price for this is a steal :)

Bring on the Spawns :p

• @Svetlovska Lovely music. Thank you.

• I did hesitate because it’s old. But after playing with 1 again for a bit I bought it - and I’m well pleased!

• edited February 2020

@qryss : thanks for the listen! :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Only issues I’ve had so far are:

I can’t alter the sequencer swing dial as the page doesn’t lock (or I can’t find one).
    I can’t see the text for saves in dark mode.

Centre touch to use the sequencer swing dial is a good compromise.
    Layout is awesome imo

• 1st Impressions:

The UI is the same as the first Magellan, on my iPhone it seems to be a little worse off for navigation, there’s a lot packed into a small space, I guess this was done to stop menu diving but it’s going to take some getting used to.

The FX are all there, the tape recorder, Spawn 2 from Kauldron is there with a lot more modulation options.

The sounds are great! Maybe it’s an acquired taste as I’ve seen some people in here who weren’t too fond of the base sounds of Mag 1 - some of the best legacy presets are included but I couldn’t see (straight away) if it was possible to import presets (there’s probably a way though, I didn’t look too hard)

The sequencer seems to have been updated somewhat in terms of note on/off selection etc.

There’s really a LOT to get stuck into there, a lot more modulation possibilities with the new FM function and Spawn 2 will keep you busy for a long time.

All in all, so far, it’s money well spent, and at half off introduction price, it’s not quite a no brainer but it’s maybe a 1/8th brainer. Go for it.

PS IAPs are preset packs! One for MPE users, one for 70’s sounds and one for 80’s sounds.

• Are the IAP's 50% off also or is that going to be their normal price?

• I’ve just imported the ‘drone’ pack using email from M1 to M2. Seem to work ok on a quick try!

• @ajmiller said:
    I’ve just imported the ‘drone’ pack using email from M1 to M2. Seem to work ok on a quick try!

via email huh? hmm gonna have to look into it

• Very happy with this after an hour’s noodling!! It seems to me the most usable mpe-compatible synth yet to come out on iOS (for my personal preferences at least).

The sounds are very rich indeed. I often find synth sounds too cheesy or too experimental, but there are a lot of good ones here. Also, the interface is excellent!!!! So many devs design stuff for iOS like they are designing for a laptop or desktop. Horrible small text, presets that are a complete pain in the nuts to navigate through. This interface is such a pleasure to use, choosing presets is a joy!! The way presets are viewable in rows of several columns, and with massively large text makes it very easy to find what you are looking for. I seriously hope that other devs look at this interface and learn from it!!!! Yes, klevgrand and audio damage and numerical audio, I’m talking about you, to mention just a few examples.

The ‘mpe pack’ is cheap and the patches are good. My only complaint is that they mostly seem to have aftertouch but few if any have anything set up for ‘slide’. This is easily remedied, in most cases the simple thing is to reassign whatever has been assigned to ‘mod wheel’ to ‘mpe (cc74). (Though you might also want to drop slightly the amount of modulation, again, easily done). The modulation system is very straightforward so it is really easy to set things up quickly on any patch so that you have control of the ‘five dimensions’ of mpe.

I almost didn’t buy this, because I have a lot of synths already, and am often disappointed when I delve deeper into mpe synths on ios, but this is definitely worth a purchase for anyone I’d say. Fully recommend!

• @reasOne said:

@ajmiller said:
    I’ve just imported the ‘drone’ pack using email from M1 to M2. Seem to work ok on a quick try!

Tried it with the NWP mega pack 3. Most sounds seem fine, but some have issues or are silent, so it’s likely they are not 100% compatible

• edited February 2020

How it sounds ? Is it significantly better from Magellan 1 ? My issue with MG1 that sound was too "cold" .. or "flat" or how to call it .. It sounded digital and uninteresting to me .. curious if they improved sound engine in version 2 significantly ..

@Samu
    Even though I have most Yonac synths so far their sound never ‘spoke’ to me

This exactly, always though it is just some weird placebo because UI didn't clicked with me ..

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

@ajmiller said:

Tried it with the NWP mega pack 3. Most sounds seem fine, but some have issues or are silent, so it’s likely they are not 100% compatible

Mega pack one went fine. Could be a file problem instead of compatibility

• I’ve managed to port all packs I had bar 3 that won’t allow to be mailed. Not sure some presets won’t already be on there, but it’s handy none the less :)

• Can the effect section be used as a separate AUv3 FX unit?
    (That was the case with Magellan 1 when used with AB/IAA).

And well, how does it compare to Cauldron and Kaspar?
    (I'm personally back to Poison-202 for my basic VA needs).

• @Samu said:
    Can the effect section be used as a separate AUv3 FX unit?

A quick play with the basic waves of this and Kauldron, seems they are pretty much the same. At first listen Kauldron sounds more ‘dirty’, but then I noticed that it has It’s dirt knob up half way in an init.

I will need longer to check the filters out.

I don’t really know Kasper well enough to comment.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Samu said:
    Can the effect section be used as a separate AUv3 FX unit?

A quick play with the basic waves of this and Kauldron, seems they are pretty much the same. At first listen Kauldron sounds more ‘dirty’, but then I noticed that it has It’s dirt knob up half way in an init.

I will need longer to check the filters out.

I don’t really know Kasper well enough to comment.

The LP filter in Kauldron definitely seems different to the three LP filters in Magellan 2