Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yonac magellan 2 is out now!!!

Comments

• Sounds like an NS2 issue, working fine in Cubasis and GarageBand.

@KRPT said:
    Make sure you use the DAW’s keyboard when recording instead of the built-in one otherwise you won’t record anything! (NS2, just found out the hard way) - is this standard for plug in synths?

Also I think I prefer having single screen options a la Kauldron instead of all this fiddly scrolling - at least that way I know exactly where to go and what to press ...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    How does the synth sound, guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=ST04HAAm2EM&feature=emb_logo

You'll either totally totally love it or, like me, you'll find it cheeeeezy.

Just to add though, many of the presets are totally drowned in Fx. I find it’s best to dial lots back in the app and you can make some decent sounds of your own. The presets have some decent starting points though. Decent choice of filters. It does have a certain sound though that as with all synths, may not be to your liking, or it may. I find dialled back and then layered with other synths, it more than earns its spot. I personally would get rid of quite a few apps before this one now that it’s AU. As in everything though your mileage may vary :)

Totally get it. I'm really drawn to all its features, but the sound doesn't speak to me. I never ever open the original. I'm just inordinately proud of not buying a new synth, man! I want everybody to know! :)

That’s the main thing though isn’t it- absolutely no point in having an app you are never going to use and having bought the first one, you already know that. Great for you having the strength of will not to buy a new app! I’ve passed up on many apps, but mostly because they are not AU, so probably not so brimming with willpower here ;)

(Let's not discuss all the FX I have recently purchased and haven't even OPENED. Although TB Reelbus? Fantastic.)

All the TB apps are on next months to buy list :)

• @topaz said:
    Sounds like an NS2 issue, working fine in Cubasis and GarageBand.

@KRPT said:
    Make sure you use the DAW’s keyboard when recording instead of the built-in one otherwise you won’t record anything! (NS2, just found out the hard way) - is this standard for plug in synths?

Also I think I prefer having single screen options a la Kauldron instead of all this fiddly scrolling - at least that way I know exactly where to go and what to press ...

Correct, NS2 doesn't record AUv3 Midi. It will be fixed in some number of Drambo years though, I'm sure.

• Lol )

Correct, NS2 doesn't record AUv3 Midi. It will be fixed in some number of Drambo years though, I'm sure.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:
    i can’t figure out how to, if you can, sync the in the auv3 to aum/ableton link

I can’t a way to start / stop the sequencer by AUM if that’s what you mean. Will look see if I can switch it on at least by midi.

ya that’s what i’m trying to do, i can’t even make it sync to aums metronome

Set AUM to send MIDI Clock......seems like Magellan follows this.

i flipped this on but mag2 is still doing its own thing unfortunately

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

I can’t a way to start / stop the sequencer by AUM if that’s what you mean. Will look see if I can switch it on at least by midi.

I think it was just me being an idiot...thought it had synced but hadn’t ..
    tempo syncs to host, but no start stop :(

• PSA: Spawn 2 can ruin your life. It reminds me of playing Sid Meyer's Civ games... JUST ONE MORE... Then Ill go to bed, I swear. Sure I have to work in the morning but how much could it hurt to hit Spawn 2 one last time... I swear it's the last time... An hour later of tweaking that sound... No... I really can't hit it again, work in an hour and I haven't slept...

Mag2 has ruined my life--wonderfully!

• @rivermonster said:
    PSA: Spawn 2 can ruin your life. It reminds me of playing Sid Meyer's Civ games... JUST ONE MORE... Then Ill go to bed, I swear. Sure I have to work in the morning but how much could it hurt to hit Spawn 2 one last time... I swear it's the last time... An hour later of tweaking that sound... No... I really can't hit it again, work in an hour and I haven't slept...

SPAWN is what we preset whores spend time with to pretend to ourselves we get synthesis etc.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

haha it happens! hopefully he sees this as something he wants to fix

• @rivermonster said:
    PSA: Spawn 2 can ruin your life. It reminds me of playing Sid Meyer's Civ games... JUST ONE MORE... Then Ill go to bed, I swear. Sure I have to work in the morning but how much could it hurt to hit Spawn 2 one last time... I swear it's the last time... An hour later of tweaking that sound... No... I really can't hit it again, work in an hour and I haven't slept...

hahaahah true story!

• Any discount for M1 owners

• @TheSoundKid said:
    Any discount for M1 owners

its half off right now

• is it possible to swap the x & y on the xy pad?
    My finger muscle memory has been trained to control cutoff with the x and resonance with the y :smiley:

• Does v2 have the original Magellan v1 patches? Or can they be imported? Or failing all of the above, could v1’s patches be reliably reproduced?

• @zeroG said:
    Does v2 have the original Magellan v1 patches? Or can they be imported? Or failing all of the above, could v1’s patches be reliably reproduced?

You can import all of V1s patches apart from a few of the IAP packs.

• i wouldn’t be mad if @Spidericemidas made a few magellan patches 😎😎

• I was thinking the same thing...

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:
    i wouldn’t be mad if @Spidericemidas made a few magellan patches 😎😎

Haha! I got this one installed last night after Doug’s livestream. Very nice. Got a really phat warm sound to it. Might get to making something for it eventually. Currently seeing what I can get out of Kronecker, LaGrange and Alpha! 😅😅

• @reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

The 'power' button for the sequencer is MIDI CC learnable though so you could cobble something using that and maybe mosaic or some other CC sender ?

• edited February 2020

I imported banks from Magellan 1 through Files app successfully into standalone M2, but when I quit the banks all disappeared :neutral:

Import from Files in the AUv3 doesn’t seem to work for me and banks in the standalone don’t show up in the AU either, anyone else successfully transferring banks from standalone to AU version?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

The 'power' button for the sequencer is MIDI CC learnable though so you could cobble something using that and maybe mosaic or some other CC sender ?

I may have been wrong about the Sequencer on / off being open to CC, I can find the ARP on off, but I can’t find the Sequencer on off now, so I may have seen the arp one and my brain just thought sequencer, as that’s where it was at the time lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:

I may have been wrong about the Sequencer on / off being open to CC, I can find the ARP on off, but I can’t find the Sequencer on off now, so I may have seen the arp one and my brain just thought sequencer, as that’s where it was at the time lol

I may just be blind though :p

• In order to import banks from v1 to v2 standalone and then to AUv3 I seem to have to open from Files, then export the bank again from M2, delete the old bank, then restart my iPad. Each time for each bank. Magellan is back alright, as old school as ever ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    In order to import banks from v1 to v2 standalone and then to AUv3 I seem to have to open from Files, then export the bank again from M2, delete the old bank, then restart my iPad. Each time for each bank. Magellan is back alright, as old school as ever ;)

I used the email option and it was ‘super easy....barely and inconvenience’ :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:
    In order to import banks from v1 to v2 standalone and then to AUv3 I seem to have to open from Files, then export the bank again from M2, delete the old bank, then restart my iPad. Each time for each bank. Magellan is back alright, as old school as ever ;)

But how to import to AU from email? :)

• @Carnbot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

Open email.
    Click on the file
    Click on Copy to Magellan 2

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

Open email.
    Click on the file

It’s the same result for me, no transfer to AU.... But I know now it’s the Files app is my problem. I have lots of files and sometimes refreshing an apps database doesn’t work until a restart. Files still isn’t designed for people who use lots of files yet, still quite buggy..so hoping Apple continue to improve it! :)

• @Carnbot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

Open email.
    Click on the file

It’s the same result for me, no transfer to AU.... But I know now it’s the Files app is my problem. I have lots of files and sometimes refreshing an apps database doesn’t work until a restart. Files still isn’t designed for people who use lots of files yet, still quite buggy..so hoping Apple continue to improve it! :)

Yep files still has issues. I transferred all mine in one period via email. Open and closed the stand alone app and they were all in the AU straight away.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@reasOne said:
    i wouldn’t be mad if @Spidericemidas made a few magellan patches 😎😎

Haha! I got this one installed last night after Doug’s livestream. Very nice. Got a really phat warm sound to it. Might get to making something for it eventually. Currently seeing what I can get out of Kronecker, LaGrange and Alpha! 😅😅

it is very warm and thiccc!! oh man i’m struggling with alpha, everything i’ve been coming up with is tin-ey and metallic almost, and more on the thin side. it seems a bit more time consuming to get aphat sound for me but i’m not giving up! i love lagrange tho it’s been much better to me

• @Carnbot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:

Open email.
    Click on the file

maybe delete whatever you moved to the files app, i did the email thing and they automatically popped up in my auv3 and even after rebooting they are still there