Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Eventide apps are on sale

Comments

• Yeah, I've always been looking for that Robin Guthrie sound for my guitar, so putting the kettle on and grabbing Blackhole now. I'll also be grabbing MicroPitch, as that'll compliment it nicely:

Nice B)
    Do tell us about that micropitch, becouse I also have an icth

And what about that mangoverb? Would you say it superb?
    Or the qvox for playing out of the box?
    Or perhaps that rotary thing... I dont know :o Superhyped about this sale :D

• @NemanzgbKaj said:

Yeah, I've always been looking for that Robin Guthrie sound for my guitar, so putting the kettle on and grabbing Blackhole now. I'll also be grabbing MicroPitch, as that'll compliment it nicely:

Nice B)
    Do tell us about that micropitch, becouse I also have an icth

And what about that mangoverb? Would you say it superb?
    Or the qvox for playing out of the box?
    Or perhaps that rotary thing... I dont know :o Superhyped about this sale :D

Get them all if you can, now’s the right time. These prices are really fair.

• edited February 2020

Im trying to think what I’ll use Qvox and ultra tap for. I know for guitar would be awesome but lately haven’t had a chance to hook up my guitar except when playing live at church.

@cian said:

@rms13 said:
    curious if anyone is making techno or similar electronic music and find that any of the Eventide effects are must have?

Essential - dunno - but I get sounds out of MangledVerb that I would struggle with to get anywhere else, I find Ultratap endlessly inspiring and blackhole is my go to for reverb tails

I also like QVox a lot. Check out Audiodabbler's video for that one.

• I use them on synth leads.

Ultratap is good for everything really. Percussion, leads, eerie poltergeist sounds late at night. It's all good.

• Just fell for Qvox and UltraTap ❤️ Kids were nice to papa last bday! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:
    Just got FAC Alteza the other day and actually love it. I also love Toneboosters Reverb. I’m still interested in Blackhole though.

Can someone who has all three please comment if Blackhole offers something significantly unique compared to Toonboosters Reverb & FAC Alteza?

@Krupa said:
    I'm with @skiphunt

I haven't got got FAC Alteza, but I've got the Toneboosters Reverb and was also a bit concerned about overlap. However Mitch's vid finally kicked me off the fence:

This one has just sold me MicroPitch as well:

• Glad I could help a few of you with your Appaholism.

• So is MicroPitch considered a pitch shifter?

• @Daveypoo @thesoundtestroom Is rotary mod better than the Leslie in Galileo 2?

• @ecou said:
    @Daveypoo @thesoundtestroom Is rotary mod better than the Leslie in Galileo 2?

It's different - I don't know if I would say that it's better. My $0.02 on Rotary is that while it doesn't quite sound like an actual Leslie, it can do some really nice things and is a great tool better used as a special effect than to try and recreate a spinning speaker sound.

Sorry - I know that's not the simple answer you were looking for but I hope it helps!

• @cian said:
    Blackhole is great for reverb tails. Put a synth sound into it. Sample the tail (100% wet). Resample it into something like a granular synth, or synthscaper. Or chop it up with Brambos' trance gate.

Also struggling with idea that distortion on MangledVerb is weak. I guess it depends upon what you want, but for that modern Ben Frost/Tim Hecker sound it's pretty phenomenal. I've had so much fun with that thing.

nothing beats reverb tails for the granular synths!

• I’ve got a fair bit of Eventide hardware and I still pick up the AUv3’s every time they go on sale. Very convenient to have the algos on the ipad.

• edited February 2020

@Daveypoo Actually it is the pretty simple answer I wanted. Not worth the upgrade. Thank you.

• I compared Qvox and MicroPitch and to my taste as a guitar player, Qvox had a more pronounced Pitch shift effect. I can’t get MicroPitch to give me a more pitch shift effect but it’s subtle.

The Qvox is closer to my ToneStack favorite PolyOct effect. Man, really wish ToneStack was AU.

• I just spent a fair bit of time testing Toneboosters Reverb, and while it does do a nice big reverb, plus a load of fancy modulation stuff as well, the delay isn’t as authentic to the original input, as I could hear in the Blackhole demos....or at least I couldn’t get there with tweaking.

So without fear of app duplication, I grabbed Blackhole.

Ruismaker Noir, into Scattr, into Dubstation 2, and 2 x Blackhole’s - with the Noir’s probability dialled in, and I had a nice ambient track going. No other instruments, just that one. One ambient album coming up this weekend.

Haven’t had much time with it, but the presets are superb.

Yep, happy with that.

• I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'm not at all interested in WHOA OUTERSPACE! sounds. My mixes are probably too busy for that, and things get muddy quickly. As appealing as Blackhole technically is, I'll probably pass. But I'm interested in the spring reverb; does TB (which is a really lovely, malleable reverb) have a spring preset/capacity? (Not near my iPad.)
    I like all the lofi talk of the FAC Alteza; but that's not on sale, so there's no rush to panic-buy!

• @MonzoPro said:
    I just spent a fair bit of time testing Toneboosters Reverb, and while it does do a nice big reverb, plus a load of fancy modulation stuff as well, the delay isn’t as authentic to the original input, as I could hear in the Blackhole demos....or at least I couldn’t get there with tweaking.

Ruismaker Noir, into Scattr, into Dubstation 2, and 2 x Blackhole’s - with the Noir’s probability dialled in, and I had a nice ambient track going. No other instruments, just that one. One ambient album coming up this weekend.

Yep, happy with that.

looking forward to hearing noir ambient by itself! soundclouding it?

• edited February 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'm not at all interested in WHOA OUTERSPACE! sounds. My mixes are probably too busy for that, and things get muddy quickly. As appealing as Blackhole technically is, I'll probably pass. But I'm interested in the spring reverb; does TB (which is a really lovely, malleable reverb) have a spring preset/capacity? (Not near my iPad.)
    I like all the lofi talk of the FAC Alteza; but that's not on sale, so there's no rush to panic-buy!

FAC Alteza might still be “on sale”. It’s still at the stated pre-launch discounted price... unless he decided the pre-launch is now the regular price.

• No disrespect to QVox, but Harmonizr is still the most musical harmonizing app. (Don’t even bother with the Virsyn apps.)

• edited February 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    No disrespect to QVox, but Harmonizr is still the most musical harmonizing app. (Don’t even bother with the Virsyn apps.)

Is it polyphonic so one can play chords? Does it work on audio?

• @Daveypoo said:

@ecou said:
    @Daveypoo @thesoundtestroom Is rotary mod better than the Leslie in Galileo 2?

It's different - I don't know if I would say that it's better. My $0.02 on Rotary is that while it doesn't quite sound like an actual Leslie, it can do some really nice things and is a great tool better used as a special effect than to try and recreate a spinning speaker sound.

Sorry - I know that's not the simple answer you were looking for but I hope it helps!

Agreed. And for pure B3-type sounds, I prefer the one in Galileo.
    Eventide Rotary is much more subtle, you won't get the same Leslie cabinet grit that you're able to get from the two Galileo 2 Leslie models.
    I'm not even sure if I'd purchase the Eventide Rotary again.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'm not at all interested in WHOA OUTERSPACE! sounds. My mixes are probably too busy for that, and things get muddy quickly. As appealing as Blackhole technically is, I'll probably pass. But I'm interested in the spring reverb; does TB (which is a really lovely, malleable reverb) have a spring preset/capacity? (Not near my iPad.)

Nope but I have loaded a few spring reverb impulse responses in Thafknar and they do their job.

• Blackhole + Kosmonaut = Spacey times

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Yah Blackhole is like a music genre to me. Even though I have enough reverbs Alteza’s pitching does sound like it could be interesting.

• edited February 2020

Alteza into Rotary sounds awesome.

Seriously. Try it.

• @jolico said:

Seriously. Try it.

post up a lil snip!

• @reasOne said:

@jolico said:

Seriously. Try it.

post up a lil snip!

• edited February 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

Blackhole also does some pretty amazing things with short reverbs - I teased some very unique stuff from it last night, but yes, it’s thing is deep space exploration, and I’m all for that sort of thing. First serious run out will be on vocals.

The spring reverb sounds VERY good. Not normally into that sound, but that one is so good I’m tempted to get it and create a bit of late 60’s psychedelic whimsy.

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I just spent a fair bit of time testing Toneboosters Reverb, and while it does do a nice big reverb, plus a load of fancy modulation stuff as well, the delay isn’t as authentic to the original input, as I could hear in the Blackhole demos....or at least I couldn’t get there with tweaking.

Yep, happy with that.

looking forward to hearing noir ambient by itself! soundclouding it?

I didn’t record that one, but it’s saved in AUM so I might revisit it. The amazing thing for me, was using Noir as the source of an evolving ambient track - Blackhole did a proper dreamy space job on it.

• Dang I have so many reverbs now LOL but how can I pass up Ultratap and Blackhole for 20 bucks

• @Treaszure said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    No disrespect to QVox, but Harmonizr is still the most musical harmonizing app. (Don’t even bother with the Virsyn apps.)

Is it polyphonic so one can play chords? Does it work on audio?

Yes, it is an audio effect. Why would you play a polyphonic chord into a harmonizer? I don’t think any of the audio harmonizing fx are going to give good results if you feed them chords.