Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Eventide apps are on sale

Comments

• @MonzoPro resistance broke and got Blackhole, Spring and qvox, loving spring - I've carried around an old analogue delay unit for 20+years and it kicks that into the long grass, qvox not so certain about but will play with and try that mozaic script that just dropped. Blackhole so far seems like a tame version of alteza, I'm sure I'll get into it in good time 🙂

Think I'm nearing my self imposed budget for the year that I set in November, hopefully will put it all to use 😁

• @Krupa said:
    @MonzoPro resistance broke and got Blackhole, Spring and qvox, loving spring - I've carried around an old analogue delay unit for 20+years and it kicks that into the long grass, qvox not so certain about but will play with and try that mozaic script that just dropped. Blackhole so far seems like a tame version of alteza, I'm sure I'll get into it in good time 🙂

Think I'm nearing my self imposed budget for the year that I set in November, hopefully will put it all to use 😁

I’m chuffed with Blackhole, tempted by the Pitch one. Think I discounted qvox due to the fixed pitch ranges, but need to check through the vids again tonight. Very tempted by Spring too.

Know what you mean about budgets, but you get a nice surprise occasionally - Wow went AU today, which I already had, and it’s got a totally new lease of life paired up with Blackhole :)

• @Krupa said:
    @MonzoPro resistance broke and got Blackhole, Spring and qvox, loving spring - I've carried around an old analogue delay unit for 20+years and it kicks that into the long grass, qvox not so certain about but will play with and try that mozaic script that just dropped. Blackhole so far seems like a tame version of alteza, I'm sure I'll get into it in good time 🙂

Did you try the Richard Devine presets in Blackhole? They do a great job of exploring the nooks and crannies that are distinctly blackhole.. (Don’t forget to play around with the ribbon w. the presets.)

• I didn’t worry too much about the panning cause if you use them in unison then they sound at the pitch you set it and they all come out centered. At lest that’s what I’m hearing. So i’m using it more for lead guitar sound where i want a high octave pitch and lower octave pitch sound at same time. Sounds awesome mixed with MicroPitch and Tonestack.

@MonzoPro said:

@Krupa said:

I’m chuffed with Blackhole, tempted by the Pitch one. Think I discounted qvox due to the fixed pitch ranges, but need to check through the vids again tonight. Very tempted by Spring too.

Know what you mean about budgets, but you get a nice surprise occasionally - Wow went AU today, which I already had, and it’s got a totally new lease of life paired up with Blackhole :)

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I didn’t worry too much about the panning cause if you use them in unison then they sound at the pitch you set it and they all come out centered. At lest that’s what I’m hearing. So i’m using it more for lead guitar sound where i want a high octave pitch and lower octave pitch sound at same time. Sounds awesome mixed with MicroPitch and Tonestack.

Ah ok, will check out the demos tonight. It's between MicroPitch and Qvox at the moment!

• Cheers @ohwell i will, twenty minutes messing and I'm finding it rely nice to play into, more predictable than alteza, definitely feels more under my control 👍

@MonzoPro i thought I'd get away with just the micropitch, which is lovely, kinda rich creamy super chorus, but I'd had my eye on something unison for a bit, not sure qvox is it though - I shoulda grabbed the JAX one while it was cheap...

• edited February 2020

For those of you looking to revisit any of these Eventide apps while the sale is still live, see the playlist of my Eventide reviews:

• For me, Qvox has that more pronounced pitch shift sound. I still haven’t hooked up my electric guitar, but with my guitar presets it sounds amazing!

@MonzoPro said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I didn’t worry too much about the panning cause if you use them in unison then they sound at the pitch you set it and they all come out centered. At lest that’s what I’m hearing. So i’m using it more for lead guitar sound where i want a high octave pitch and lower octave pitch sound at same time. Sounds awesome mixed with MicroPitch and Tonestack.

Ah ok, will check out the demos tonight. It's between MicroPitch and Qvox at the moment!

• Exactly! That’s what I mostly heard. Like a beautiful chorusy sound not too much pitch shifting.

@Krupa said:
    Cheers @ohwell i will, twenty minutes messing and I'm finding it rely nice to play into, more predictable than alteza, definitely feels more under my control 👍

@MonzoPro i thought I'd get away with just the micropitch, which is lovely, kinda rich creamy super chorus, but I'd had my eye on something unison for a bit, not sure qvox is it though - I shoulda grabbed the JAX one while it was cheap...

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    No disrespect to QVox, but Harmonizr is still the most musical harmonizing app. (Don’t even bother with the Virsyn apps.)

Thanks for bringing harmonizr to the table! seem to be awesome! Does it expose the AUV3 parameters in AUM?

• @Daveypoo said:
    For those of you looking to revisit any of these Eventide apps while the sale is still live, see the playlist of my Eventide reviews:

You are a terrific teacher, @Daveypoo. Didn't think I could learn more about how reverb works. Although I'm now out $9.99, because you have sold me on the Blackhole. Please don't post a Spring Reverb video. (Or, actually, do if you have one.)

• Blackhole Reverb:

MicroPitch:

UltraTap Delay:

Rotary:

MangledVerb:

QVox:

Spring:

;)

• goddammit all [reaches for wallet]

• Heh heh heh.....

• great videos wavydaveypoo

• Just has an incredibly jam session with GeoShred and Rock Drummer driving Drum Session.
    Used Qvox, MicroPitch and Alteza! Will try to record sample for y’all. ❤️🙏☝️😌

• @Tones4Christ nice! Would love to hear it!

I just got qvox, set it up like an octave pedal, sounds really fine like that, I dont know does the scale setting do something while its set only -1 oct, but yeah after a 2 min fiddle, it works, Im looking forward to finding new and exciting sounds. :)

• @MonzoPro said:

Which ones did you get? I'm definitely up for Blackhole, maybe Micropitch...

The very two I just caved on. :pair-of-old-dudes-drinkinng-shots-together-emoji:

• I’ve notice that Blackhole has a folder for user presets in Files, but Spring doesn’t, does Mangledverb have user presets exposed?

• @syrupcore said:

@MonzoPro said:

Which ones did you get? I'm definitely up for Blackhole, maybe Micropitch...

The very two I just caved on. :pair-of-old-dudes-drinkinng-shots-together-emoji:

I’m still cogitating, get me one in, I’ll make my mind up soon!

I’ve been distracted by the Wow update!

• i’m still lurking over that tap thing 😎

• This is my personal Eventide ranking (for those few who care):
    1 MangledVerb
    2 (ex aequo) Qvox and UltraTap
    3 Blackhole
    4 Spring
    5 MicroPitch
    6 My wife’s cats
    7 Rotary

• @Faland
    Could you describe differences between Blackhole and MangledVerb? Please :smile:

• I was way too lazy too record anything, but I’ve been lost in blissful noodling with all the Eventide apps. I too was a tad concerned I might be just buying for the wrong reasons, as I have so many apps - I was wrong, all these apps will be used time and time again :)

I would go as far to say that the cost of the set of Eventide apps is the best value for money I’ve had in a long time :)

• @MrBlaschke said:
    @Faland
    Could you describe differences between Blackhole and MangledVerb? Please :smile:

Sure. First of all I am a guitarist, and MangledVerb is much more usable than BlackHole for my taste and it has a sat algo which I really love. BH is a BIG rev (in every sense) and if you are in ambient music it could be really good, practically a standard for a certain type of sound with almost infinite reverberations.
    So, I’m sure you will find a lot of people who prefer BH to MV, because this is just my personal ranking. I hope it helps.

• @Faland
    Yes, thanks 🙏🏻

• edited February 2020

I would go so far as to say that BlackHole is essential for ambient (I also love MangledVerb - and it's @Daveypoo who made me buy it with his stupid videos...)

• Yeah - stupid @Daveypoo

What a jerk-off!

;)

I find Blackhole infinitely more useful than Mangleverb, but I do have to say that the distortion alone in Mangleverb make it worth picking up.

• i need some kinda distortion for making ambient soundscape/pads have some movement, but i’ve never really tried distortion 🤣 grew up a bass player so i’m not even sure where to start...i don’t want death metal or something that is gonna give people nightmares so i’mlost, the only one i have is audio damage fuzzplus 3 and its a bit to evil for my taste ... maybe mangledverb would be suitable or maybe something like reamp is better 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @reasOne said:
    i need some kinda distortion for making ambient soundscape/pads have some movement, but i’ve never really tried distortion 🤣 grew up a bass player so i’m not even sure where to start...i don’t want death metal or something that is gonna give people nightmares so i’mlost, the only one i have is audio damage fuzzplus 3 and its a bit to evil for my taste ... maybe mangledverb would be suitable or maybe something like reamp is better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you tried Bit Maestro or lowFlyDirt?