Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Eventide apps are on sale

123457»

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@jolico said:
    I really need a randomize button on these apps.

Would a midi random button function be possible or even available for Mozaic?

It doesn’t even show up in AUM’s midi patch bay.

• I went for blackhole. I like it but truth be told, I think I was covered enough with FAC Alteza + ToneBooster Reverb. I do like the ribbon control in Blackhole and it’s pretty smooth sounding. My personal fav out of these for the long spacey stuff is probably FAC Alteza because it’s more dramatic I think.

I don’t think it’s all that necessary to have all three of these though, but that’s just my personal take. If you’re a musician running voice and or guitar through them, I’m sure that’s a different perspective than my own.

Before the sale is over, which of the others would be the most unique in iOS audio app land for someone who does not make musical tunes, but more experimental “avant-garde” mood stuff for abstract video soundtracks etc?

Leaning toward QVox out of the offerings, but that seems more targeted toward musicality and less experimental. Thoughts?

• @jolico said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jolico said:

It doesn’t even show up in AUM’s midi patch bay.

I use Mozaic to send midi to midi open apps often. Is it an issue on a more modern iPad, as I’m on a Air2 with the latest iOS and it works ok for me.

• edited February 2020

~~> @skiphunt said:

I went for blackhole. I like it but truth be told, I think I was covered enough with FAC Alteza + ToneBooster Reverb. I do like the ribbon control in Blackhole and it’s pretty smooth sounding. My personal fav out of these for the long spacey stuff is probably FAC Alteza because it’s more dramatic I think.

I don’t think it’s all that necessary to have all three of these though, but that’s just my personal take. If you’re a musician running voice and or guitar through them, I’m sure that’s a different perspective than my own.

Before the sale is over, which of the others would be the most unique in iOS audio app land for someone who does not make musical tunes, but more experimental “avant-garde” mood stuff for abstract video soundtracks etc?

Leaning toward QVox out of the offerings, but that seems more targeted toward musicality and less experimental. Thoughts?

Or, I suppose it's entirely possible (likely) that I don't really need any of these apps. Or, any more apps at all. I've got too many great choices as it is. Just falling for FOMO once again. ;) ~~

never mind. Picked up QVox. Had a quick play sending several types of source into it. Really fun results! Will get lots of use out of this I’m sure. :)

• The thing about these apps in particular: The Ribbon. Setting up A/B morphs is just endless fun and endlessly effective.

So simple and so ideal for touchscreen UI.

Eventide you’ve done us so right.

• @Synthi said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    No disrespect to QVox, but Harmonizr is still the most musical harmonizing app. (Don’t even bother with the Virsyn apps.)

Thanks for bringing harmonizr to the table! seem to be awesome! Does it expose the AUV3 parameters in AUM?

Yes it does.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@jolico said:

You could generate random settings for anything you could control via MIDI cc. It is worth mentioning that good randomizers don’t randomly randomize. They usually have some smarts to increase the likelihood of getting something useful.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jolico said:

You could generate random settings for anything you could control via MIDI cc. It is worth mentioning that good randomizers don’t randomly randomize. They usually have some smarts to increase the likelihood of getting something useful.

But blackhole doesn’t receive midi inside AUM

• @jolico said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@jolico said:

But blackhole doesn’t receive midi inside AUM

Is there a bug of some sort? It looks like Blackhole exposes most or all of its parameters. This should allow you to use AUM's MIDI Control to map MIDI to it.

Does not work?

In any case, as I said, you can use Mozaic to build a randomizer for anything that you can reach via MIDI. If for some reason Blackhole won't let you control its parameters via MIDI control, I guess you are out of luck.

• edited February 2020

@jolico - Blackhole exposes a slew of parameters under "Midi Ctrl" on the channel where it is defined. In this case I picked 'Size' and set up controlling it from ch.16 cc13, which works. Not sure that there is a problem - the key is that this must be set up in AUM, not the plugin.

• edited February 2020

Hope it helps:

It’s not clear in the video, but in the last step you have to tap on “Learn”.

• edited February 2020

@skiphunt said:

~~> @skiphunt said:

I went for blackhole. I like it but truth be told, I think I was covered enough with FAC Alteza + ToneBooster Reverb. I do like the ribbon control in Blackhole and it’s pretty smooth sounding. My personal fav out of these for the long spacey stuff is probably FAC Alteza because it’s more dramatic I think.

Or, I suppose it's entirely possible (likely) that I don't really need any of these apps. Or, any more apps at all. I've got too many great choices as it is. Just falling for FOMO once again. ;) ~~

never mind. Picked up QVox. Had a quick play sending several types of source into it. Really fun results! Will get lots of use out of this I’m sure. :)

Yeah it’s all personal opinion :) For me I really like the sound of the Eventide algorithms over the others so have no need for the toneboosters one, and the modulation ribbon is excellent. I skipped Alteza as well, because even though I love Fred’s apps, from the demos it all sounded a bit too ‘sweet’ for my ears and not the sound I’m looking to make, but it all depends on your needs :)

• edited February 2020

@Carnbot said:
    @skiphunt said:

~~> @skiphunt said:

Yeah it’s all personal opinion :) For me I really like the sound of the Eventide algorithms over the others so have no need for the toneboosters one, and the modulation ribbon is excellent. I skipped Alteza as well, because even though I love Fred’s apps, from the demos it all sounded a bit too ‘sweet’ for my ears and not the sound I’m looking to make, but it all depends on your needs :)

Regarding FAC Alteza sound based on the demos... initially I thought the same. I think they must’ve all been using the same preset of something.

Another user suggested dialing back the diffusion and playing with frequency modulation. That suggestion really opened it up for me and allowed for less sweet/mushy results.

Still, I don’t really need all three... but I do think they are different enough from each other to not be completely redundant.

• edited February 2020

@skiphunt If Blackhole still feels a bit redundant, might be worth exploring: negative gravity values; sizes in the -10 to +10 range; Richard Devine presets.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@Tim6502 said:
    @jolico - Blackhole exposes a slew of parameters under "Midi Ctrl" on the channel where it is defined. In this case I picked 'Size' and set up controlling it from ch.16 cc13, which works. Not sure that there is a problem - the key is that this must be set up in AUM, not the plugin.

The MIDI Randomizer and Scenes Mozaic script can be used to randomize those AU parameters if you go to the trouble to link them. Kind of a lot of trouble IMO, but it's available.

• @wim said:

@Tim6502 said:

The MIDI Randomizer and Scenes Mozaic script can be used to randomize those AU parameters if you go to the trouble to link them. Kind of a lot of trouble IMO, but it's available.

I’ve used multiple presets and use of Mozaic to further move them, then Scatterbrain to send to the sound to the different preset channels.

Or sending simultaneously to three different presets but have LFOs alter the channel volumes then scatter them to clean outputs or WOW filtered outputs.

• I’m really enjoying Qvox! With GeoShred and Blackhole awe man loving the tone!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I’m really enjoying Qvox! With GeoShred and Blackhole awe man loving the tone!

This is exactly where I'm at! I added Alteza to that chain and I am in heaven with that combo. The octave settings in Qvox make the sound enormous and awe-inspiring.

• Man i wish theyd get on that phaser

• Sale is no more :-(

• @ecstaticax said:
    Sale is no more :-(

No prob. Get Thafknar and enjoy the fantastic free impulse responses you can find on the net. Not the same thing but outstanding reverbs and special FX nonetheless.

• @rs2000 said:

@ecstaticax said:

No prob. Get Thafknar and enjoy the fantastic free impulse responses you can find on the net. Not the same thing but outstanding reverbs and special FX nonetheless.

Thafknar har a great randomizer for its non-impulse reverb, but only the impulse section works as AuV3.

• @jolico said:

@rs2000 said:

@ecstaticax said:

Thafknar har a great randomizer for its non-impulse reverb, but only the impulse section works as AuV3.

The impulse section is all you need!

• Oh man, been using Numerical Audio's Re1 on looper mode with spring reverb, and it sounds amazing.