Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Eventide apps are on sale

Comments

• Is it not possible to get close to mangledverb by feeding it distorted signals then?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:
    i need some kinda distortion for making ambient soundscape/pads have some movement, but i’ve never really tried distortion 🤣 grew up a bass player so i’m not even sure where to start...i don’t want death metal or something that is gonna give people nightmares so i’mlost, the only one i have is audio damage fuzzplus 3 and its a bit to evil for my taste ... maybe mangledverb would be suitable or maybe something like reamp is better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you tried Bit Maestro or lowFlyDirt?

i haven’t tried bitmaestro cuz i imagined it as a bitcrusher witch is something i’ve never liked the sound of even in other people’s music, maybe a couple tracks i’ve been like ok thats cool , but maybe im approaching it wrong.... i do have lofi dirt... haven’t used it in a while.... imma do some experimenting with it tonight tho! good call maybe itll do the trick

• @Daveypoo said:
    Yeah - stupid @Daveypoo

What a jerk-off!

;)

I find Blackhole infinitely more useful than Mangleverb, but I do have to say that the distortion alone in Mangleverb make it worth picking up.

+1

To me MangledVerb is a nice but simple reverb into a nice but simple distortion, paired with a well tuned eq and modulation control. The sum is greater than the parts: it makes getting all sorts of beautiful and gross mid heavy distorted reverb sounds a breeze. It’s really nice and if you like that kind of textures you will probably be reaching for MangledVerb a lot. That said, it’s not clear to me that achieving sounds in the same ballpark by other means is difficult. (I’m not dissing it, I actually like it quite a bit.)

Blackhole lets you be the conductor for the physics of extreme spaces orchestra.

• @reasOne said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@reasOne said:
    i need some kinda distortion for making ambient soundscape/pads have some movement, but i’ve never really tried distortion 🤣 grew up a bass player so i’m not even sure where to start...i don’t want death metal or something that is gonna give people nightmares so i’mlost, the only one i have is audio damage fuzzplus 3 and its a bit to evil for my taste ... maybe mangledverb would be suitable or maybe something like reamp is better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you tried Bit Maestro or lowFlyDirt?

i haven’t tried bitmaestro cuz i imagined it as a bitcrusher witch is something i’ve never liked the sound of even in other people’s music, maybe a couple tracks i’ve been like ok thats cool , but maybe im approaching it wrong.... i do have lofi dirt... haven’t used it in a while.... imma do some experimenting with it tonight tho! good call maybe itll do the trick

I like the distortion on the Audio Damage Ratshack reverb, plus you can get some great feedback from it.

• There’s very little overlap with the Eventide stuff, some do one thing, others do many things. The only constant is quality.

These prices are very nice, gonna spring for the spring thing.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    There’s very little overlap with the Eventide stuff, some do one thing, others do many things. The only constant is quality.

I agree . The Eventide apps aren't always exactly "as-advertised-on-the-tin" but they are always interesting and top-notch quality. I find myself reaching for them regularly in unexpected places.

• @ohwell said:

To me MangledVerb is a nice but simple reverb into a nice but simple distortion, paired with a well tuned eq and modulation control. The sum is greater than the parts: it makes getting all sorts of beautiful and gross mid heavy distorted reverb sounds a breeze. It’s really nice and if you like that kind of textures you will probably be reaching for MangledVerb a lot. That said, it’s not clear to me that achieving sounds in the same ballpark by other means is difficult. (I’m not dissing it, I actually like it quite a bit.)

Yes this. I'd also add that the interface is simple, but very effective. I never have to think when using their stuff, and I can dial something I like in really quickly.

@Daveypoo - yeah if it hadn't been for your demo I would have passed, which would have been a mistake. You also persuaded me to buy the delay, as I thought I had enough delays. I did not have enough delays. Though now I'm going through my many delays and working out which ones I need to keep. Which is proving really difficult.

• @reasOne
    I really liked the demos for PSA1000. It's a little bit more expensive ($20), and it doesn't do the heavy distortion (being more of a saturator), but it does sound really good.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37249/psa1000-psa1000-jr-by-nembrini-audio

• @MonzoPro said:
    I like the distortion on the Audio Damage Ratshack reverb, plus you can get some great feedback from it.

I need to play with that. I bought it without really reading the description properly tried it and didn't like it as I was expecting a 'decent' sounding reverb. Never really worked out what I would use it for, but maybe I should play some more.

• I have the eventide space pedal, and love that I can get some of that magic easily now for ipad. Was pleasently surprised by the quality of the blackhole algorithm as an auv3 effect, so bought the hole lot and burned a (black)hole on my wallet. No regrets :blush:

• @cian said:

@MonzoPro said:

I need to play with that. I bought it without really reading the description properly tried it and didn't like it as I was expecting a 'decent' sounding reverb. Never really worked out what I would use it for, but maybe I should play some more.

I don’t really use it that way - I whack up the overdrive and feedback, and then change the delay speed to get a controllable, squally feedback effect.

Harsh, but fun.

• hmmm never thought about that @MonzoPro , i don’t own it as audio damage effects aren’t my fav, love their synths tho... i’ll watch some tube on it! thanks for the suggestion

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:
    i’m still lurking over that tap thing 😎

i delayed to long on this delay, ultra bad mistake to sit around tapping my fingers on the table thinking about it ... it’s literally amazing and one of my favorite purchases on ios yet

• @reasOne said:

i delayed to long on this delay, ultra bad mistake to sit around tapping my fingers on the table thinking about it ... it’s literally amazing and one of my favorite purchases on ios yet

Nice one B) :D

• Just grabbed Qvox. Bit nutty, but adds a nice extra dimension to rhythmic stuff.

• I’ve just been listening to Jai Paul and wondering if I can do his lush baselines on my guitar with qvox. 🤔

• @Krupa said:
    I’ve just been listening to Jai Paul and wondering if I can do his lush baselines on my guitar with qvox. 🤔

Worth a try!

I don’t tend to put my guitar through my iPad, I bought Qvox for AUM jams, but might give it a go with my two new Eventides.

This geezer’s certainly having fun with Qvox:

• @MonzoPro said:
    Just grabbed Qvox. Bit nutty, but adds a nice extra dimension to rhythmic stuff.

Which ones did you end up getting?

• I hope the next porting will be Tricerachorus. Very cool effect.

• i grabbed blackhole and ultratap i don’t really think the others are designed for ambient type stuff specifically unless it’s guitar based... never been a huge fan of that spring verb sound...mangled would be the only other one i would want but haven’t really heard any convincing sounds that set it apart from other apps i already have... but i’its hard to resist lol

• edited February 2020

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Just grabbed Qvox. Bit nutty, but adds a nice extra dimension to rhythmic stuff.

Which ones did you end up getting?

Just that and Blackhole - I’ve been very restrained, though there’s still a few hours to go!

• I'm a newbie so went for all three reverbs, I like me guitar and miss having a spring that I had in a PA that I loved, peer pressure for the Blackhole and mangled 'cause after listening carefully realised the only way to simulate the clean then dirty would be to send it, and the others seem so CPU efficient that I thought maybe the eight quid would save me a new iPad in the long run? 🤣

Lost a few hours noodling stone of my old tunes into it this afternoon 👌

The pitch ones, I'm less sure about but I'll find a use... That's 10% of projected annual app budget 😬

• I need to stop visiting this forum. It's costing me a frikkin fortune!

• Well, I really, really, really wanted Blackhole... perfect!

• @klownshed said:
    I need to stop visiting this forum. It's costing me a frikkin fortune!

man you’re not kitten lol

• Gotta say, Blackhole on the lead on my new trap beat just brightened up the whole thing.

• After much deliberation I added Spring (because I, seemingly, don’t have a reverb like it) and UltraTap (because it looks super fun) to Blackhole which I love. Guitar shenanigans ahoy.

Just spent that much and more on drink rocking away at a festival, quality devs need encouragement ...

• I’d liked to have bought the lot, but happy with Blackhole and Qvox - nothing like those in my fx cupboard. Needed to save some funds for the new bitcrusher, and the other mangler thing coming soon, but the rest are on the list for future sales.

• I really need a randomize button on these apps.

• @jolico said:
    I really need a randomize button on these apps.

Would a midi random button function be possible or even available for Mozaic?