Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro by Ninja Tune / Coldcut

Comments

• Just tried it. Damn. This thing is DEEP.

This is seriously pushing me towards Launchpad Pro Mk 3. Custom Grids to control Jamm Pro and 4 sequencer lanes for synths in AUM. Record stems in Jamm and AUM. Auria Pro for mixing. Boom.

• It can and I have already

@AudioGus said:

@fattigman said:
    Can it import samples from audioshare?

It does look like fun even with the packs but I am ultimately really hoping that the stem import / management is bearable or maybe even actually good which would be a nice surprise/bonus.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Is this a posh Launchpad or am I completely off base?

This looks like it’s eating Launchpad‘s lunch

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    It can and I have already

@AudioGus said:

@fattigman said:

It does look like fun even with the packs but I am ultimately really hoping that the stem import / management is bearable or maybe even actually good which would be a nice surprise/bonus.

Sweet, I have some BM3 loops that may be very much at home here.

• I bet / took me a bit to figure it out but I find it on the clips icon

Next I need to figure how to get the sounds to live sampler on the right of the main page

@AudioGus said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    It can and I have already

@AudioGus said:

@fattigman said:

Sweet, I have some BM3 loops that may be very much at home here.

• Amazing app, but i dont see any midi sources. Shows NONE not standalone, not in AUM

• Having cpu spikes or something on my air 2 / lot of unwanted sounds when trying to add x/y fx or any other changes

Also, won’t save & close or go to edit

• I switched to 1024 on the buffer size / tried all 3

• About 40min in and I am smitten with potential game changey glee.

• Very fun for sure / was making some crazy mixes

@AudioGus said:
    About 40min in and I am smitten with potential game changey glee.

• @MonzoPro your app awaits.

Ps. Where are u?

• @AudioGus said:
    @MonzoPro your app awaits.

Ps. Where are u?

He's in Wales counting the sheep (and there are many).

• edited February 2020

I think this could be the start of something big. It looks deep, certainly capable of a lot more than the usual EDM/hip hop thing:

Took me a while to work out where/how to import your own Samples (go to Clip from the bottom of the screen control strip, you might need to hit ‘<‘ bottom right to get to the second screen, then press the empty wav file selector labelled ‘not set wav’, duh!) but once I sussed that, happily started importing my own clips from AudioShare - this is definitely not just a walled garden of ‘Producer Pack’ content.

• @cuezaireekaa said:

@Krupa said:
    Does it trigger external synths as well as samples? Talks about them but can’t see how they integrate...

From what I've been experimenting with, you can put this app in the FX slot in AUM and it can record instruments to make samples to use in the grid using auv3 or IAA.

Thanks @cuezaireekaa

• Let’s say it is a lot of an app for a tenner.

• I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Not figured out the midi stuff but I think that'll come. The cold cutter thing is mental, think I'm slowly getting it though... Might be nice to have some choice over the pad xy effects, the filter is smart but not sure I need every single sound to be drillable, maybe a reverse or manual scratch type thing would work here?

Definitely need to get my loops out now, been thinking of getting into blocs wave but this might be more what I'm after....

• @Krupa said:
    I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Not figured out the midi stuff but I think that'll come. The cold cutter thing is mental, think I'm slowly getting it though... Might be nice to have some choice over the pad xy effects, the filter is smart but not sure I need every single sound to be drillable, maybe a reverse or manual scratch type thing would work here?

Definitely need to get my loops out now, been thinking of getting into blocs wave but this might be more what I'm after....

There has to be a way to change the FX pad to other FX. Hope there is ..I thought I read something about it in the manual, from the hamburger menu, on the project select page.

• Ooo not seen this one before :)

• edited February 2020

Why are these app designers so afraid to use colors??? All these flat all-black GUI's don't give me a clear overview of the different groups of functions..

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Why are these app designers so afraid to use colors??? All these flat all-black GUI's don't give me a clear overview of the different groups of functions..

I have seen one video on you tube where some areas had colour. Not sure if this is true of the current build. Maybe someone who has the app can answer this, as I agree, some areas of colour would help better differentiate the differing areas within the controls?

• I think I read on Facebook they will add some colours later, my main wish with this app so far would be improve importing..add drag and drop.

• installed the app, and after some playing with it, i got a Takete-dejavu where i have to dig a lot to find out how it all works. The online Manual is not very accessible.

• It's definitely distracting me from real work today, not sure about the sound quality of this vs blocs wave - might just be what I'm feeding it but seems a bit jumpy/scratchy from time to time on iPad pro 2016... anyone any thoughts?

• Would love to see sample trimming as well, don’t think it’s possible yet, but you can change the start position. Just means you have to be quite prepared with trimmed samples before importing and would be better if you could do that in the app for my workflow. :)

• They mention in the manual that trimming is in the roadmap, one of the first things I thought was missing...

• Oh great, yeah I need to rtfm :)

• It's a bit messy to be fair

• edited February 2020

The manual, though the app is very coldcut scrappy round the edges feeling (which is fine by me, though still trying to figure out if I prefer this or blocs)

• I am loving this, but recording all this sweet smooshy choppy stuff just makes me jones even harder for the Cubasis 3 maintenance updates so I can actually mix these things on iOS

• @Krupa said:
    It's definitely distracting me from real work today, not sure about the sound quality of this vs blocs wave - might just be what I'm feeding it but seems a bit jumpy/scratchy from time to time on iPad pro 2016... anyone any thoughts?

On my 10.5 pro the jumpy/scratchy I am getting so far seems intentional aesthetic as opposed to performance issues but I have not pushed tons of parallel modulations etc.